Coachmen Pursuit Precision

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen Pursuit Precision RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Earl Andreas from Pennsylvania says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Coachmen Pursuit Precision 27XPS View Listings

We bought this brand new. The RV is what we wanted in our RV. No slideouts as we don't really camp but travel. The overall look is great, floorplan is sufficient for 2 persons, and all the major functions have worked well(generator, appliances, plumbing). There are, however, numerous little craftmanship items which were poorly constructed. Examples, windshield washer 'pee-ers' still shoot clear over the window despite numerous attempts to fix them - Coachman says they are designed to work and nothing more. I had it to dealers who cannot fix it. Other examples are: The generator hours clicker never worked, one of the decorative moulding panels wasn't screwed in, a small leak in the fresh water tank hose, (2) of the 12volt outlets were not working, a moulding in the rear storage compartment won't stay glue down, (2) of the dashboard gauges don't light up - again Coachman says that is they way it was designed, most of the compartment locks won't lock. In addition, when we first looked at the RV the front hood was already open to show us. When we got home and tried to open it we discovered why they didn't open it in front of us - the hood was out of alignment and had to be lifted and turned with 2 hands to open it. It left a scratch in the fiberglass from the rubbing. Took it back 3 days later and was scolded for not making an appointment. The dealer also installed the front license plate holder upside down, which had to be corrected but there are now (2) extra screw holes in the front bumper. The dealer is General RV near Richmond, VA. After we walked out the door, they didn't want anything to do with us. Again, overall we like the RV but plan on craftmanship issues from the get go. Luckily the problems are all more a nuisance than anything major. Plan on fixing some of the problems yourself because Coachman headquarters are no help at all. They keep saying that "this is the way it was designed".
- Earl Andreas, Pennsylvania

2021-07-14 2020 Coachmen Pursuit Precision 27XPS View Listings

The best thing about this coach is it's simple rides very nice everything has everything has A purpose. Very comfortable bed a nice large refrigerator,The bathroom works very well with the separate showerAnd definitely a lot of storage.Very nice entry level class A RV and very dependable.love it
- tony donnelly, Ohio

2021-06-18 2019 Coachmen Pursuit Precision 27DS View Listings

My wife an I purchased a 2019 Coachman Pursuit at Cal Expo show in Sacramento, Ca in 2019 through a Happy Daze Salespersons. The date of the show was see photo. When my wife I went to purchase one at the show, the two Pursuits had been sold. Two salesperson, one female and one male, both from Happy Daze, told us they would look around to find one. They found one in South Los Angels and reserved it for us. Initially we thought all Coachman RVs dealers working together were all ONE. We dropped off our trade-in RV and picked up our Pursuit signing the paperwork down there to find out later Coachman warranties are only good at the dealer we sign the contract with. I attempted to get first warranty work done near Valley Springs, CA. After speaking to Coachman’s Warranty Expert Tim Buss several times about warranty coverage he explained to me “You failed to read the fine print”. Whoa. I finally found a local Coachman dealer on my own that fixed several of my warranty issues. Carson Pass Rv Dealer was very helpful. Mr. Buss was extremely unhelpful during the whole process. Now I have come up with a toilet malfunction and other warranty issues. The toilet has been a problem since we bought the Pursuit. Solid waste gets stopped from going down and backups in toilet. Again working with Tim Buss and General Manager Michael Kaiser from Coachman they have struck out in getting a local Coachman Dealership in fixing the problems, Mike stated in an email that the design engineers said the toilet problem is a designed flaw. To fix the problem they need to put in a Masurater Toilet to grind up the solid stool using more water to flush. I looked this up on the web and found this problem with Coachman has been around since 2014. Other Pursuit owner identified the same problem to me in a campground. Three years they must of known this to be a design flaw but nothing to fix it. I have had this Coachman for three years and I have not abused it any way. We have put only 9000 miles on the RV. Two months ago the front slide out fails to come in all the way. Leaving a gap of three inches on the front leading edge. We had just cleaned and the morning of the trip it would not come in. It took me three hours to get the slide to come. We are now concern it will be a future problem. On our first trip with rain and wet roadways the driver side rear view camera filled up with water becoming a safety issue. This was brought to Mr. Kaiser and Mr. Buss attention. The camera is still full of moisture. Front bar light on the coach have fallen out several times. I have to inspect them all the time. It is unknown what holds them in place. On the underside of the passenger wheel I observed a three foot section of insulation hanging down striking the wheel. I have no idea what caused it to fall down from above the wheel well. It may have been firewall protection or soundproofing. I removed it with concern it could be a safety issue. The drawer rail on the front bench drawer fails to keep the drawer closed when coach is going down the road. It has come out striking our dog laying on the floor. Had it repaired once under warranty by Carson Pass RV Dealer, a Coachman dealer. In looking at the problem is appears the rail needs to be moved in towards the drawer. Mr. Kaiser expressed we are overloading the drawers. First to come up with that assumption he would needed to see what we put in the drawer and secondly we have not overloaded the drawer and third if there is a weight limit it is not expressed on the coach manual. Passenger seat has been pulling apart at the seams. Both on the back and sear area. Mike and Tim solution is to send us new seat covers and we put them on ourselves. Tim suggest we save the new covers and replace them when we sell the coach. Sorry we as owners like to have our coach look fully functional and not ducked taped together. Rubber seal around the outer door keeps slipping out from the door frame. I have attempted to slide it back in but it keeps sliding out. Interesting fact before I mention what Mr. Kaiser and Mr. Buss proposes. Coachman had a safety recall on the fuel line to the generator and they scheduled inspection and Replacement with Pacific RV in Tracy, CA. It was completed with a problem. Now it is clear that Coachman Company and customers are at the mercy of the dealers whom sell Coachman’s RV and Trailers. If you bought a Ford pickup, all Ford dealers would honor your warranty. Not so with Coachman, the dealers decide warranty work. Here is the proposal by Coachman. Now Mr Kaiser and Mr Buss wants to load my RV up on a trailer and transport it to Eugene OR five hundred and eighty miles out of state to have the warranty issues completed. Just Sad
- Jon Dick, California

2021-06-09 2020 Coachmen Pursuit Precision 27XPS View Listings

Have had huge a/c problems. Replaced both rooftop units in first 6 months one of them twice. Still having trouble with both units. Have had other issues with door and drop down bed. Dealership and Coachman service response times are terrible. Good Luck if you buy an R.V. from this company.
- Lawrence L. Rhodes, Texas

2021-04-24 2020 Coachmen Pursuit Precision 27XPS View Listings

Fun to drive and quick and easy to set up and take down with no slides to deal with. Streamlined great for a couple or family as the table, and sofa make a double bed each and over the cab is a double bed and then queen size bed in the rear bedroom. Separate bath from shower gives you the flexibility to close the bedroom door and have plenty of room for privacy and to dress. 2 separate heat options overhead for electric, side panels for gas. Large holding tanks and extra large full width storage as well as many other storage areas for large and long items. Electric start oven means no more bending over to light with a lighter. Bathroom oversize with plenty of counter space and storage.
- Dan, Florida