Coachmen Prism RVs Reviews (16)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen Prism RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

George Patton from North Carolina says:

Have you owned any Coachmen Prism RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Coachmen Prism 24G View Listings

Good size vehicle and drives very well. Also, the construction quality is good. Factory installed slide toppers on the two slide-outs would have been nice to have when purchased. I had the toppers installed by the RV dealer to protect the top of the slide-outs and keep rain water and leaves from getting inside the RV when the slide-outs are retracted.
- George Patton, North Carolina

2019-09-26 2019 Coachmen Prism 2200FS View Listings

6 months and nearly 4K miles, drives easy , rides great on good roads terrible on bad roads, stiff merc suspension means great handling but suffers on bad roads. Mpg 13, can do 14.5 at 60mph, engine is smooth with enough power except for very steep inclines. Great floor plan with 2 recliners, shower small, decent build quality of coach, not square in some places , some wall paper board coming unglued, everything in coach working so far. Cab seats could be better, bigger, longer. Great seating position. Road and wind noise a bit high. Soundproofed floor and doors helped
- Brian C, Michigan

2019-07-09 2018 Coachmen Prism 2250DS View Listings

The Sprinter turbo diesel 3.0 pulls real strong better than my older 2007 fleet wood 23’ with the 6.0 gas. Comfort is one step above the Chevy chassis which I liked. Unfortunately the rest of the coach is a big disappointment. The quality of Coachmen is not even close to the Fleetwood. 1) After my first trip the kitchen drawers fell out and broke the latches because cheap brackets inside fell apart. I had to rebuild all the inner supports and new latching hardware. 2) Filling the water tank dumped water in the coach because of a loose hose clamp on the water pump under the shower. What a pain that was to fix. 3) When you put the dining room table down to make a bed it didn’t fit because the bench seats weren’t square. I had to rebuild the rear seat to make the top fit. And when you place the cushions down for the bed they won’t lay flat. There too big like it was for a non slide-out dinette. The cushions over hang the bench about 2” or more which is about 4” too much for the cushions to sit flat. 4) After 3 weeks of sitting the truck battery goes dead. I took it to MBZ and said the power draw is in the coach. Something Coachmen pulled power for I suspect the leveling system is active all the time. I have to disconnect the battery ever time I park it. This is a work in progress when I get time. 5) Now this a quality of parts issue. I took my RV out this week end and both roof vents crumbled in the closed position and blew away. The plastic was completely rotted out by the sun and it’s only 1 1/2 years old. I have new parts on order. All of these issues including all the trim that fell off I fixed myself because the dealer is too far and not worth it. The positions of the storage is not ideal but I added some shelves in the cloths closet which helps out. Who hangs there cloths anyway. 6) The leveling jacks scrap over simple drive ways so be careful where you get gas. The propane generator works well along with the AC. All the lightning are LEDS which uses almost no power but I added a second battery for the long run. Over all this is a good rig because of the Sprinter chassis. It’s a pleasure to drive I just don’t like the workmanship of the coach.
- Mike Fowler, California

2019-06-17 2017 Coachmen Prism 2150 LE View Listings

I have just under 30,000 miles on it. I wrote about some of my complaints 2 yrs ago and that hasn't changed. I love the storage and layout of my prism. I can park about anywhere, just watch the height of the vehicle. I've made a few changes but minor. For 2 people, I think this is the right size. Compared to Winnebago and the new Jayco, if they were priced the same?, but for $20,000 less, I would buy my coachman prism again. My biggest complaint is the mileage and passenger side mirror. Also battery box cannot fit a 6 volt battery.
- Paul Eisenbarth , Florida

2018-11-23 2017 Coachmen Prism 2150 LE View Listings

The Sprinter Chassis is excellent. I wouldn’t buy anything else. The one thing I liked the least was that you could not walk around both sides of the bed. But no RV is perfect. The thing I like best was the size. We could park it anywhere.
- Dow Smith, Tennessee

2018-11-04 2018 Coachmen Prism 2150CB View Listings

The gas mileage is about 12.5 , only 2000 miles on it, so may be not yet broken in. Many little things needed fixing but for first 1 year the dealer taken care of it, no problem. Its very practical, sweet RV. Very reliable so far. i would recommend it .
- joseph, Arizona

2018-05-13 2015 Coachmen Prism 24G View Listings

We have put 15000 miles on it, no problems at all. Quality is ok,this is my third RV and it's as good or better than the others. The Winnebago is better quality and has a better floorplan,( the bathroom is way bigger with two doors),but its 30k more.Being a architect, there are thing I would have done different.Like why is the fridge in the bedroom?,should be next to the sofa and the shower should be where the fridge is, with dual purpose doors to seal of the back. And using Table is akward. But everything else works well.
- John, California

2018-03-29 2016 Coachmen Prism 2150LE View Listings

I will start with some things not acceptable to me. The water pump is mounted just below the shower floor. Extremely noisy and at night when all is quiet will rock you out of bed when the bathroom is used.seems like Coachman built this around the pump pump. Very tight install and a extream pain to work on. I relocated the pump to a space under the coach behind the drivers seat. The work was worth it. Very quiet now. No trouble with Mercedes power. 15-16 MPG. Lots of power and don't mind stopping at a gas station.
- David Kirbach , Florida

2018-03-08 2018 Coachmen Prism 2200FS View Listings

I just purchased my RV, the dealership and all personnel were fantastic. But the quality control of the unit left much to be desired, I hope things work out, and I will give them a chance to be honorable. As far as the unit, the lighting switches and operation are not the best, you don't have a master control from the drivers seat. No undercoating for rust prevention. The mileage is 12.4 @ 62 mph and 2250 rpm maybe up to 14 @ 55 mph and 2000 rpm. Great get up and go, almost racing quality. They should offer a house battery upgrade to 2, 6 volt golf cart batteries. The manufacturing process and QC shows a lack of attention to detail, too numerous examples to write. Mercedes could have had additional fuel capacity and Coachman could have added an additional tank behind the spare tire and or in place of the spare tire. Additional strengthening of the cargo bins would also improve the quality of the unit. Te use the Jensen VX4022 audio video, for some unknown reason, they choose not to place the bluetooth microphone in the designated place by the overhead console and light, rather a cheap plastic mount is glued by the steering wheel and amplifies road and cabin noise. Good luck trying to sync your cellphone, the secret sync code is 5309, but no one will tell you or knows. No instruction manual was presented, but you can search on line and download it. My AM radio did not pick up any stations, I wonder if the antenna is connected or if there is an antenna, again poor QC. Insufficient USB ports for charging in the cab area, actually, there are none, except 1 in the radio. If they placed a few USB and 12 volt plugs in the various compartments on the dash, it would be fantastic keep the clutter down in the cab.
- Fred, Nevada

2017-12-14 2017 Coachmen Prism 2150LE View Listings

Just over 7000 miles. Roughly 13 miles to the gallon. 250 miles per tank. Hard-to-find diesel in a crunch. Gas light comes on with 6 gallons of fuel left. Scary. Love the layout. Not the best construction. Very cheaply built. Staples and glue could have been placed better. I've had to caulk along several places. Need to reseal some outside compartments and around wheel well. On the interstate, wind can blow the vehicle all over the road. Not the happiest with the dealership. Get things fixed first, but I would purchase this prism again.
- Paul eisenbarth, Florida

2017-08-31 2017 Coachmen Prism 2150 LE View Listings

Bought from dealer in Iowa. Plenty of power and torque on hills etc., 14 mpg best yet with 7,000 miles mostly highway. Chassis makes awful cracking noises and snapping sounds during slow speed travel over parking lot entrance curbs/ramps. Dealer has not been helpful in rectifying. Construction is unimpressive and low in quality. Bed is very comfortable with pillow top mattress, DVD player and main TV are junk. Nice awning and slide out. Overall I would give it a 5 out of 10. I won't buy another.
- Dave, Massachusetts

2017-05-09 2016 Coachmen Prism 24G View Listings

Excellent floor plan. Excellent lighting-both natural and LED. Lots of convenient storage. Extremely comfortable bed and reclining loungers. Easy to maneuver in traffic, climbs hills with ease, great gas mileage with at least 20 mpg. I highly recommend this unit!
- Danielle, Arizona

2016-11-23 2017 Coachmen Prism 2250LE View Listings

Fuel economy advertised at 15 to 18 mpg. Drove for 4000 miles. Never got more than 12.5 mpg. Tried speed for long haul was 65 mph. Plenty of power. The Mercedes cab was a completely stripped down variety the sales person failed to mention that fact. Fuel capacity requires you to stop every 270 miles. Very inconvenient for long travel distances.
- Mcoker, Alabama

2015-01-31 2014 Coachmen Prism 24G View Listings

First and foremost, the dealer's treatment of me has been/was atrocious! They lost the Certificates of Origin/Titles and sent them to the wrong place, so I lost use of a brand-new RV, due to not being able to license/register it - from Jan.-July! Couldn't drive it! Next, less than 30 days after picking it up, things starting breaking or actually, of even greater concern, the total lack of Forest River (not really Coachmen ANYMORE!) workmanship shone thru. The biggest thing was that they must have "forgotten" to seal the floorboards up under or the wheel-well areas and every time I would drive thru a puddle, rain water would literally run all the way up to the front doors. The factory service staff is a real pain to deal with, too. Everything has to be justified and half the time, the "service" center they refer me to, such as when I drove to Vegas, wouldn't honor the commitment! I would never allow a friend of mine to buy a Forest River OR Coachmen (FR) RV! Total POSs and even worse are the treatments by dealers and the factory! Oh and one more thing, the materials are very cheap and not durable! AVOID FOREST RIVER & COACHMEN!
- Joel Anderson, Alaska

2014-12-16 2014 Coachmen Prism 24G View Listings

This is our 1st RV and could not be more pleased. Easy to drive, can take it almost anywhere and park it in most spaces. The queen bed is great considering we have had 3 dogs along sometimes. The 2 slides provide enough space for the 2 of us to spread out when we want to do so. The outside video, awning and built-in camping table has made tail gating a lot of fun. By adding an internet hotspot we are able to conduct our small vacation rental business while on the road. We have own this rig for 18 months putting 38,000 miles on it and have had no issues except learning how better to take advantage of its features and space. This is a very fun vehicle to drive and the 15+ mpg average is awesome.
- Tim Trickett, Florida