Coachmen Mirada Reviews on RV Insider (44)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen Mirada RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Geoff S. from Maryland says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Coachmen Mirada 35LSF View Listings

This was our first RV my wife and I bought it as a starter and go full time in it. After driving it off the lot and setting up at our house for the first time the water pump stopped working. we took it back and got that fixed got it home ad set it up and again the water pump would not work there was a short some where in the coach. So we learned that we could only live at water hookup sites. Next every time we moved the coach got off shore power and then moved to a new site and plugged back in at least 4 fuzes had to be replaced. As another stated windows only open 4 inches. The last straw was the loss of furnace Just when the temp drops we lose heat. There have been so many problem with this coach I would not recommend it to anyone. cabin light on the slide will not work, the rear cable and guard for the living room slide will not stay on, Hot water heater only gets Luke warm even with both the electric and gas turned on never had a hot shower in 3 months of ownership. both slides stop in the middle of movement you have to reverse the direction your moving weather in or out and then restart the slide. Storage light have not gone out and no way to get them to turn back on. There is no way that we could dry camp with this coach with no water pump. I would never recommend this coach to anyone the workmanship is VERY crude you can see where the builders used wood putty over the wall paper to cover up the finishing nail holes. Walls are so flimsy you might fall through if you accidentally lean on them. Nate from Coachman was very good in working with us however there is nothing that can be done we bought this to live in it full time and we can't, how can we if it is in the shop for electrical repairs where are we suppose to live?
- Geoff S., Maryland

2020-11-02 2020 Coachmen Mirada 32SS View Listings

We purchased our Coachmen Mirada 32ss a month a go we have driven it a total of 1000 miles. We have spent a total of 6 nights using all items in our coach. We have a demco tow dolly and have been very comtable driving at 65 miles per hour (even driving in snow covered roads. The fire place is a great extra on cool nights. The storage is more than needed for grills and items needed for going on the road for 5 days. The bose radio needs more information on using the blue tooth. The television work well in camp sites after we were able to use source and bring in channels at each site. We do have a problem with one heat pump that cools but does not heat. I winterized the coach which was very easy to do before we put it in storage for the winter. I would say for our first coach it has been a great experience. We are traveling to California from New Hampshire next February. Our thanks to Campers Inn in Merrimack NH for making it a great purchase and follow thru from sales to financing. E
- Kevin Cheever, New Hampshire

2020-10-21 2021 Coachmen Mirada 35OS View Listings

We purchased this in May, we love the floorplan. However, we have had multiple serious issues since we picked it up. The dash a/c was not connected at the factory. USB ports were wired wrong. The HDMI cable from media center to tv was crushed. The bedroom a/c died after 3 months. We realized today that one of the slide tracks is missing a spacer, so it isn't working properly. The critical issue that they have not been able to diagnose for 4 months is the solar panel overcharges the batteries when any other power source is added: shore, battery or engine. The dealer is doing what they can to troubleshoot, but no one at Coachmen/Forest River has a clue. Dealer replaced the solar control panel, but that did not help. We think it's a wiring issue. Unfortunately we're told their lead engineer is out with COVID. When on shore power, we cover the solar panel with towels. When driving we leave a load on the batteries by turning on a few lights. If and when we get everything fixed I'm sure we'll love it.
- Mary Penet, North Carolina

2020-10-07 2002 Coachmen Mirada 340MBS View Listings

Drove from Louisiana to Maine towing a SUV. Ran and drove great. No problems. Very livable and comfortable. Fully self contained. Has full RV cover to protect from the weather. Would take it across the country again with no problem. Also has self leveling electric/hydraulic stability jacks.
- Jon Burns, Maine

2020-08-25 2015 Coachmen Mirada 35LS View Listings

Love this motorhome! Amazing floor plan! Especially love having two bathrooms. The shower is huge, both bathrooms have skylights so are well lit during the day without having to turn the lights on. The stainless refridgerator freezer is large and holds a lot of food. The L shaped sofa is beautiful and faces the fireplace and big screen tv. I love that there are 3 TVs and 3 DVD players. One in the living room, one in the bedroom and the other outside! The side awnings open to cover the outdoor TV area. With the slides open it's so roomy inside. We're actually thinking about living in it and traveling when we retire. There is so much room in the under storage and it even has an outdoor shower! The CD radio has an awesome speaker sound system. With the retractable TV antenna we're able to get a lot of stations, even in remote wooded RV parks. This coach is beautiful inside and out. Every window has shades, and the power front sunshade is great. It's wonderful having air conditioning in the bedroom and in the living area. We don't bother using the furnace when it's chilly because the fireplace heats the coach up quickly. Can't say enough and we're getting great gas mileage too!
- Diane W, Idaho

2020-08-20 2019 Coachmen Mirada 29FW View Listings

I bought this RV brand new. From the very first day it has been troubled. Start with two holes in the wall by the door. Salesman stated thats where the Fire Extinguisher goes. It was positioned on the steps which I now know is correct. They placed it where the two holes were which now kept the bunk from coming down. Moved it lower and sent me a piece of wallpaper in the mail to cover the two holes? First trip was in October. The heat in the drivers compartment didn't work and there was a loud squeaking from the floor boards. Had to take the unit to Ford where they found that the engine compartment heat had not been connected properly. The squeak was reported to Forest river and the solution was to drill holes in the floor and bolt it to the frame. I was told by the dealership that this was a design flaw. Also the hose for the grey and black water will not connect properly. The opening in the floor is offset from the connection by about two inches which creates a kink in the hose when connected. When they drilled the holes in the floor and bolted it down I got the coach back with dead batteries. I was told it was nothing they did but they were fine when I took it in. Also was told this was a two hour job so I waited for the repairs to be done. Nine hours later I was leaving with my coach. Dead Batteries and still squeaking. Had to go back and get new batteries. On July 31 I took the coach in for a recall and asked them to check on the squeak again. I was again told it would be about two hours. I am not a fool. I had my wife follow me down and we drove back home. A one hour trip each way. Eight hours later I received a call saying they will have to keep the coach over the weekend and have the body shop look at it. I was told the squeak was due to the floor pulling away from the body. At this point I contacted Forest River in Indiana and they told me to bring the coach to them and they would look at it. I was just told that the coach floor is not safe so I declined to drive it over. They stated they would pick it up and take it to Indiana for repairs. This was to be done on August 20. I have sat at my house all day and no one has picked up the coach. I called and left messages and then sent an E-Mail. The reply was that they couldn't find a driver to pick up the coach. They stated that they will pick it up Saturday 8/22. So that is where I am. Disgusted, frustrated, and cancelling plans that I had for the weekend so I can sit at my house and wait again on Saturday. Very Poor customer service. Very poor communication. A very expensive piece of machinery to sit in the driveway. Hopefully something will be done to change my opinion of Coachmen. It will have to be a miracle. There have been several other little things that have gone wrong but I just mentioned the major items. They don't offer zero stars or I would have marked them lower.
- James Wilkinson, Ohio

2020-08-19 2018 Coachmen Mirada 35BH View Listings

The Coachmen Mirada 35BH is an incredible motorhome. The livability was great for my family of 5, and the slideouts really open up for plenty of space and comfort. We love the full sized shower, full sized fridge, and tons of storage. Our nightly glamping consisted of playing games under the automatic awning while watching a movie or two on the outdoor TV. Prior to my retirement from the Army, I lived in my RV at Fort Hood, TX for a few months and really enjoyed my time there. Our major trips included Texas to Montana, and Texas to New Mexico. The Montana trip was a summer trip, and the view of the mountains, Yellowstone, and the beauty of Montana from the panoramic windshield were stunning. No issues at all driving the mountains, winding and narrow roads, or steep grades. The New Mexico trip was between Christmas and New Years, and the RV handled the snow covered roads like a champ. You can feel the winds and large trucks zip by, but take your time and remember that when you're RVing, you're vacationing! Your family will love their ability to grab a drink from the fridge, pop some popcorn, and use the restroom while you're traveling down the road. A lesson I learned on the Montana trip was to never drive more than 8 hours so that you can get out from behind the wheel and enjoy the company! We were able to make one tailgate weekend at Texas A&M, but between my schedule and the difficulty of getting an RV spot on a gameday weekend we will have to wait until the next season to try again. We love our Mirada, and now that all the kids are gone we're ready to trade the 9 beds for a single bedroom, a larger living room area, and a toy hauler for a couple of bikes.
- Jason, Texas

2020-08-03 2020 Coachmen Mirada 32SS View Listings

Drove this rv off the lot for the first time.on the way home the cargo doors started flying open.very dangerous on a four lane highway with no emergency lane.that was six weeks.rv has been in for service the whole time.both ac don't work.cargo doors still being worked on.two tv not level for viewing.door extremely difficult to close.running lights not functional.have no idea if more problems will appear.have not had the unit to camp in.very unhappy with coachman quality and service tech.who released the rv to us with life threatening safety issues.
- Bill r, Washington

2020-06-02 2020 Coachmen Mirada 35OS View Listings

Bought it at Carolina RV with many little items to fix, which the dealership took care of-GREAT FOLKS in Myrtle Beach. Had leak in drain hose after leaving there and had to deal with factory rep, Tim. I had week in Indiana to get it replaced but told dealers too busy for 30 minutes of work! Gave me a sup contractor who has yet to call me back. Scheduled with a private repair place and will pay out of pocket for RV only 6 months old!!! Never had any problems with a class C Jayco for 2years prior
- Phil Hedrick, Kentucky

2020-05-23 2013 Coachmen Mirada 34BH View Listings

The Coachmen Mirada 34BH is a decent basic level rv. The Owner’s Manual sucks so you need to find another resource. Watch a lot of videos out there to get yourself knowledgeable on how to operate and maintain the rv.
- Bruce Morgan, Kansas

2020-05-20 2019 Coachmen Mirada 35OS View Listings

We purchased this RV in October 2019 after being dead set for about 5 years on a 2014/2015 Itasca Sunova. When we walked into the Mirada we were absolutely BLOWN away by the open floor plan, tall ceilings and the massive roominess. There is no step-up to get into the cockpit either which is nice - makes everything on one level. Once we picked our jaws up off the floor (which is a really nice pattern - no carpet anywhere in this coach) from that initial shock we continued on and were still incredibly pleased by everything else inside. The kitchen is a very nice size - although we would prefer a convection oven. It has a solid surface counter top that is gorgeous with real tile back splash. In the common area there are two large TVs, one for viewing for the theater seating and the other for rest of the common area. Sounds weird maybe but it totally works. We upgraded to Samsung Smart TVs and wireless Samsung surround sound - perfection! There are outlets and USB's literally everywhere including up in the "office" area of the cockpit with a pull out tray for your laptop. When the slides are in you can still get to everything - the only "tight" spot is around the bathroom. The bathroom has an adequate shower size, it has a LED light in it and has plenty of shelving for toiletries. The rest of the bathroom is super spacious. It is not cumbersome in size at all. There is a sliding door to the bathroom which has a magnet for closing which is a bit strong and hard to open. We do wish this bathroom had a medicine cabinet. The residential sized fridge is very nice and helpful for staying in it for an extended period of time. It has an ice maker which is really great. The fridge is secured by a strap when you are traveling and we wish it had a latch. It does have a large pantry area but we do wish it had pull out pantry drawers all throughout because it is quite lengthy and food can get "lost". We opted for the washer/dryer combo and it is a lifesaver. It is not in the master bedroom but instead the hallway. You throw your clothes in, start it and when you return all you have to do is fold it. Two words: GAME CHANGER. After ALL of that, you still get to enjoy the bedroom with a sliding door. There is a king sized bed with overhead and side storage with nightstands. The closet area is a great size with soft close drawers (which is standard in all areas of this coach) and the drawers are extremely deep. There is a lot of storage under the bed as well and plenty of room to walk around. Above the bed is a storage area with a hole for CPAP hoses if you were to need that. For me, the coach is extremely well put together, well thought out and the thing that "cinched the deal" was the MASSIVE common area. We do also have a drop-down bed, which we did not originally want but with this we did not lose any storage above the cockpit so we are fine with it. Inside there are no touchscreen switches but rather toggle and we really like that because if it breaks there is no major fix like with something electronic. We love the flush mount LED lights and there are a lot - lots of light in this coach whether it be artificial or natural. It came with electric day and night shade in the front along with two fans and the rest are MCD shades. Now for the outside, there is a ton of storage along with some pass through compartments with slam-latch doors which open to the side instead of vertically which are really easy to get in and out of. They are all carpeted and all are steel. Cargo carrying capacity is 3482 pounds. There is an outside TV with accent lighting behind it. There is a really nice sized awning with a nice pattern with LED lights. There are speakers incorporated in the awning arms and these can be controlled by an app on your smart phone. There is a one piece fiberglass roof and full gutters with the long extension. It is prepped for solar on the side and also prepped for a satellite dish on the roof. It comes standard with 8000 pound hitch. The coach has frame-less windows. The black/gray/water fill are all in one compartment with a full coach filtration system and very well laid out. Water pump is located in the same area and is heated from the furnace. This area is extremely well-thought out and laid out. The dash is at an angle which lends you great visibility when driving. The generator is upfront is as well. The furnace is strong - it was heating uneven but we put a register in the bedroom and now it is perfect. If you made it this far...way to go! All in all, 10/10 and have absolutely no regrets! This is a GREAT Class A RV, especially for the price.
- Emily Ferrill, Arkansas

2020-03-30 2019 Coachmen Mirada 32SS View Listings

After owning a 27’, Class A motorhome from Gerzeney’s ‘s for two years and loving the lifestyle traveling around the country we decided we needed some more space and storage. We had visited Gerzeney’s in Nakomis, Florida a month or so prior to going back, remembering Robbie, a sales person who suggested he would find us exactly what we wanted when we were ready. Well, we got ready. Robbie has such a great personality and is super knowledge of his products that he brought us right over to the RV we now purchased. We were very specific and adamant about the trade-in and our financing as we discussed the transaction with Kelly, Gerzeney’s Finance and Sales Support person. She searched and searched every avenue with persistence and patience until she found the right deal for us. Actually, the transaction became better than our original request. Thanks Kelly! So, if anyone out there is looking for a first time experience of RV-ing or wants an upgrade please, ask for “Robbie.” Don’t go anywhere else. You’ll have a great time and really fun experience.
- Chris B, Florida

2020-02-18 2015 Coachmen Mirada 35LS View Listings

Anyone thinking of buying a coachmen mirada!!!!!! Don't do it !!!! These RVs are absolute junk' I guarantee you will be so sorry you did. Please believe what you read about these pieces of crap RVs. My list of problems is to big to list. We had plans of living full time in ours.We spent like our life savings on it. Ben to the factory in Middlebury Ind 3 times at the end of the first year of ownership for a total of almost 3 months.That place is a joke! I spent much time in the factory and around town talking to people.And have seen absolutely no pride in anyone's work.They are under the gun so bad' The company gives them no time to do it right the first time. If a person misses a screw or makes a mistake' They give that person no time to go back and fix it if he wanted to. People in town say there is a big drug problem there i have heard from many people. I have had plenty of time to walk around town and do my research.They hire people every week to fill the demand they need, because many many people quit after finding out what it's like to work in there. Quantity Not Quality is job 1. It took me almost a solid year of bashing them, Nathan Hedges" Jason Brewer" The owners of Collier RV Jim in particular' In Rockford Illinois on Yelp to get any repairs done. Colliers could care less if they have a happy customer like they claim they do. Big fat lairs all of them !!! Fast forward to today, Now the floor on the bottom front outside of my living room slide is being pushed up into it from the front roller from it rolling back and forth i would suspect. So now it triggers the control module when going out to shut it down on the front motor. So then i have to go get in the outside compartment lay on my back get a magnifying glass use somthing pointy and do the reset procedure run back inside and push the button to get it to go the rest of the way out. You have to be kidding me. I met a guy in Grand Haven Michigan last year at Eastpoint RV Resort he said he had an appointment in Middlebury the following week to get his repaired for the second time. The same thing, He showed it to me. What i seen was long wide pieces of thin metal attached to the bottom of floor slide. And the front one had the whole corner tore up and soft underneath. And that was a repair that was done at the factory, What a joke. I wish i got his number to see how the repairs went for him. How it was repaired, Not only is my slide floor failing. The refrigerator is not attached to the wall in the cabinet so it is rocking back and forth in and out' I am worried that if i take a Right hand turn to sharp it will fall out. When i last tried to use the ice maker last summer 2019 water came out from under side of cabinet that it is setting in and all over before i seen it. So again save yourself a very very big headache and much pain and agony and do not give your hard earned money to Coachmen for JUNK, I had so many long reviews on yelp. That i had over 3500 hits on them. That is the only thing that saved me a few years ago. And i have to say that Nathan Hedges made me promise in order to get repairs done for the 3rd time in the early part of the second year of ownership' I would have to take down and remove my reviews on Yelp. Yes that is correct. But i am seriously thinking of going back on Yelp and let them have it again after i found my slide floor going bad last week. They think you have nothing to do with your money but give it to them for junk and repairs. My repairs cost me nothing' they even payed my gas bill for 6 trips back and forth to Middlebury. Still not worth the pain gut wrenching feelings you get when find out you have been screwed so bad. I had Lawyers hang up on me because i tried to go that route 1st. The RV industry is not regulated like the car industry is. No Lemon laws to protect you what so ever. When you sign the dotted line it's yours' Good luck.
- mike tallent, Illinois

2019-05-19 2018 Coachmen Mirada 35KB View Listings

This thing is a total dog. Poor quality all around, I have had a list of over 70 items for my poor dealer to deal with and repair luckily my dealer was great to work with. Anything that could wrong did, factory forgot to bolt down part of the slide assembly on both sides, multiple pieces of trim have fallen off, the cheap stickers they put on the cabinet is coming off. Shower leaks, windshield leaks, stabilizer jacks leak. I am not sure what isn't leaking most days. Weather striping has fallen off just about every dang door. Furniture is cheap and isn't comfortable, slide is broken. The list goes on and on. The most upsetting part is the automatic generator start, doesn't work at all, best I could get from coachmen factory was that "it was designed that way".....
- Mike A, Georgia

2019-03-11 2018 Coachmen Mirada 35BH View Listings

Perfect RV for the weekend explorer that doesn't want to rough it. Plenty of room and nicely equipped. Plenty of room for the family and friends. This unit features a set of bunks for the kids, a power drop down bunk that sleeps 2 above the front seats, dual slide outs for added space, a huge power awning with led lighting outside, an outdoor entertainment center, one and a half baths, and so much more!Step inside and see how open the interior feels with the living area slide fully extended. There is also a hide-a-bed sofa with table and u-shaped dinette slide found opposite the entry door. To the immediate left as you enter you will find everything you need to prepare and cook food for your family while traveling. There is a double kitchen sink, a three burner range, a pantry, a residential size refrigerator-freezer with ice-maker, and overhead storage for dishes and things.There is also a 32" LCD TV with DVD player along the interior living area and a 39" tv on the back wall for your enjoyment.
- David S, Kansas

2019-02-04 2014 Coachmen Mirada 29SBP View Listings

We have driven it long distance towing our car as well as stationary for temporary live in. It offers everything we need outside of laundry. We just are doing world travel for a few years then returning to Rv travel
- Barbara Booth, Florida

2019-01-22 2018 Coachmen Mirada 35KB View Listings

I am retired and have been camping with RV's for years. This is our 1st Motor home and I have to say we are enjoying this experience very much. It tows a jeep wrangler very well. Hardly notice it back there at all. Has everything you want or need to experience a great camping experience. You couldn't add anything because it has everything. Auto Levelers,2 slides, Generator, 3 outside cameras, 4 flat screen Tv's Outdoor Kitchen with TV,rooftop satellite able to lock on signal while driving to your destination. Unfortunately we are having to downsize and thus the reason for offering this Motor home for sale. A substantial reduced price from List price. You will not be disappointed.
- Michael, Texas

2018-12-01 2018 Coachmen Mirada 35BH View Listings

Great RV, lots of storage,6 TV, heat and AC work great. Rides and handles very good with added front and rear Stabilizers. Plenty of sleeping and living area. Had gas line installed From propane tank to hook up to gas grill. Extended awning so grilling outside is very easy and dry.
- Tom, Ohio

Verified Owner

2018-08-31 2018 Coachmen Mirada 35BH View Listings

Great RV, love the two baths,2 bunks great for storage. do a lot of cooking out side. Front and rear stablizers make it great for the road,less stress on steering.Good lemgth .makes it roomy. Instant hot water was a game changer. Lots of TV.
- tga, Ohio

2018-08-04 2018 Coachmen Mirada 35BH View Listings

Great RV, plenty of room. Bunkbeds great for storage. Two bathrooms great to have. Drives like a dream with anti sway bars added. You sit up high and have a great view with big window. Basement has good storage, can always use more space.
- Tom, Ohio

2018-05-16 2010 Coachmen Mirada 29 DS View Listings

The 2010 Coachman Mirada 29DS is a beautiful, lovingly maintained MotoHome in superb roadworthy condition, highly maintained, fun to drive and travel in. We chose this Mirada, because it was the complete, eye-catching, exterior, coupled with the great floorplan we wanted and found it was better to live in than expected. It is well contructed and easy to maintain and modify as we did while we used this MotorHome. We have loved, maintained, and used this Family friend and we are passing it on to someone who will have fun and make memories in their travels as we did. We are selling only because it is the Time for us to pass it on.
- Mike & Doris Dwyer, Kentucky

2018-05-12 2017 Coachmen Mirada 31FW View Listings

Automatic leveling,room to move around in even without the 2 slide outs being out. Lots of storage, large refrigerator, 3 TV's, 2 air conditioners, tile floors,smooth riding, luxury inside and out, swivel seats & computer desk.
- Sandra Williams, California

2018-03-15 2018 Coachmen Mirada 37TB View Listings

The floor plan and the 2 slides offer abundant room. We had seen several others in this price range and none offered what we found in this coach. Mind you there were little issues (a drawer stuck, a bay door didn't latch correctly)but after these were touched up I can say we have a hell of a nice coach.
- Hoth, Florida

2017-11-02 2018 Coachmen Mirada 35KB View Listings

We looked for a coach in this price range for a couple years, we didn't like any of them until we found this Mirada 35kb, the interior layout is great and the Estate Cherry cabinets make it look more like a home. The Azdel videos and coachmen videos helped sell us on its construction. We have been very happy so far with this coach, we take local trips and have had a great experience so far. The coach drives great even with the engine noise. so far everything works as designed. We keep it parked in a garage beside the house and keep it powered up all the time. It adds about $22.00 a month to our electric bill and for the Texas Hill country that's very good. Its not a diesel pusher so its not going to be as tight or quite as they would be. The only issue we have at this time are the Captains chairs could be better, they have limited movement and it can be hard to adjust the seats.
- Mike M, Texas

2017-10-17 2016 Coachmen Mirada 35LS View Listings

I purchased the Mirada in February of 2017. Where as we have only taken a couple short trips, we are living in it since then and about to hit the open road! Love the floor plan but it is a little tight when the pop-outs are brought in but who needs the back of the coach when you are rolling? Like the 2 bathrooms and I was happy to find out it has a heated basement when the propane is going upstairs! This is my 3rd Class A since 1993. This 2016 Coachman drives like a car! A nice car as it is very smooth with the Ford V10 and excellent suspension. Corners very well.
- Tim Carson, Washington