Coachmen Leprechaun

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen Leprechaun RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

JDB from Georgia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DSF View Listings

Excellent floor plan, very nice quality. RV drives excellent I only wish the turning radius was little better. Ford nor Coachmen put very much effort into cabin quitness so I had a sound company do that for me since I moved from a diesel pusher to this class C the engine and road noise was an issue for me. The cruise control is way too aggressive and Ford knows this but they don't seem to be doing anything about it but they say the transmission is a "smart" transmission so with non aggressive driving thats supposed to be improved... jury still out on that. That is the only issues- overall its a fantastic RV that I would highly recommend. In my opinion nothing comes close to overall floor plan and quality for the price.
- JDB, Georgia

2021-09-03 2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 270QB View Listings

This kid of RV very nice size for my family 6-8, easy driving, nice looking, big enough space inside . I suggest to buy a used car don’t buy a new car, Because new car come from factory still have a lot of issue to fix, buy used car is already fix everything driving smooth save a lot of time
- Giro, California

2021-08-21 1998 Coachmen Leprechaun 305MB View Listings

Very well engineered. Drives very well easy to steer and smooth ride. Low maintenance costs. Parts availability not an issue. The v10 tritton has plenty of power and won't let you down. Interior is very rich looking and the layout is pleasing to the eye and very functional.
- Al, Wisconsin

2021-08-10 2006 Coachmen Leprechaun 318DS View Listings

Bought this RV last year and have enjoyed several trips in New England. It drives great and has amazing "pick up". The layout is great with the bathroom as a buffer between the bedroom and living area. One of us can take a nap or sleep in without community noise. We really like the RV (our first) and have decided to buy new. Storage underneath is plentiful.
- Marcia Scott, Maine

2021-07-26 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS View Listings

2nd trip out we discovered a large amount of water in the kitchen area coming from under the sink/stove area. Found that it was coming from the p-trap in the shower. It wasn't even attached, this was the 1st time using the shower. Fast forward 8 months, ther generator wont start, 1 month later the front bunk window that's supposed to be maintenance free is now leaking, several inches of water in the bunk which spilled over in to the cockpit shorting out the back up camera and completely soaking everything. While unpacking the coach to take it to the dealer for repairs the plastic refrigerator handle breaks off. Now we did purchase the ultimate coverage contract from cornerstone rv at the low low price of $5,000 which is good for 60 months or 60,000 miles but unfortunately it doesn't cover anything except mechanical failure so basically I bought a boat. While I agree this is a beautiful coach that is the perfect size for the two of us I must also admit I now have buyers remorse. We have owned cheaper camping equipment from tents and popups to travel trailers and were really hoping that with the Coachman name it would be a quality coach that we could enjoy for years but as it turns out they are made assembly line cheap just like the rest but with a heftier price tag. Sorry Forest River and Coachman but your product is cheap made and you should be ashamed of yourself. American made used to mean something. I really cant give it a good review or suggest anyone buy it. Good luck and safe travels.
- Teresa Morris, Florida

2021-07-11 2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 230CB View Listings

Ratings irrelevant as I never saw it. Might’ve been just what I was looking for. Was 60 miles away for the weekend, made arrangements to see it Sunday afternoon. Saturday evening, seller says he got a full price offer and accepted it. She who delays, loses. Didn’t even get a chance to make a higher offer. 🤬
- Diane Allen, Utah

2021-07-02 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FSF View Listings

We bought this 2018 Leprechaun 311FS new North of Dayton Ohio and we started out with some problems with the AC and some big slide out issues. The main furnace didn't work right. After going back to the dealer and having the dealer trying to fix our issues and breaking more stuff. The dealers answer was "We don't build them we only try to fix them". I called Coachmen directly and they would send me the parts to install myself. We recently attended the Coachmen Rally in Goshen Indiana. Coachmen had 5 mechanics on site at the rally. after talking to the head mechanic his crew came around and fixed any problems we had free of charge. We had a long talk the plant manager and plant head mechanic. We are confident they will do anything to keep us satisfied. If we have any problems in the future will go directly to the plant and have the addressed there. After attending the rally have had our confidence in Coachmen renewed. I would get in touch with coachman directly and let them know of if your dealer seams unable to handle your problems.
- Gary J Widiker, Ohio

2021-06-16 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS View Listings

Great Class C RV! We were looking at several less expensive Class C's, but after seeing this model in person, there was no comparison with some other brands and lesser trim levels when it came to the materials used and build quality. The floor plan comfortably accommodates up to 8 (6 if they are all adults). The RV is a great length to get into any park, drive around town, and has plenty of power for interstate/mountain driving. The model with the Chevy engine greatly outperforms the Ford engine when it comes to horse power and pickup. The Ford engine seemed sluggish, while the Chevy V-8 has plenty of power for your toad vehicle and greater acceleration. We love our 260DS!!!
- Robert Hellams, North Carolina

2021-05-07 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 210RS View Listings

Don’t buy Coachmen. Bought brand new last May 2020, only got to ca pan out 4 times as it was in the dealership more than at our house or campground. So many issues. Took it out last month April 14, brought it right to dealership, still at the dealership as I type this today May 7, 2021. They don’t give a crap. DON’T BUY YOU WILL BE VERY SORRY
- Judy Casagrande, Massachusetts

2021-04-30 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS View Listings

This rv has everything a person could need! Every trip we took in this rv was beyond comfortable and it is more like a house on wheels. I used it for travel nursing and couldn't have been happier! The air cushion ride is so smooth and comfortable making long trips a breeze!
- kristin Shostak, South Carolina

2021-04-28 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS View Listings

The perfect size class C for my situation. Me, my wife and daughter. We've been able to travel the entire state and go to multiple parks. We did a lit of research before finally deciding on this one and no regrets. I've done a ton of upgrades and have been loving every second of it. No RV is perfect but this one is perfect for us.
- Mike Smith, Florida

2021-02-27 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 240FS View Listings

This has been an excellent RV for two of us. The quality of the build was excellent. There were two issues out of the box that Coachmen helped us to quickly fix. This unit drives extremely well. There is almost zero sway when passed by large semi-trucks or when the wind is strong. The Ford chassis has a strong suspension with air bags that make the ride very smooth and straight. The Triton V10 handles a fully loaded camper and never left us wanting more while driving though the steep grades of the Rockies. The floor plan is extra special with the walk-in closet that is sized right for a changing room.
- Ann Ely, Michigan

2021-02-04 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 240FS View Listings

We’ve had nothing but problems with our RV from the get go! Leaking issues, flooring issues, toilet issues, poor construction issues, electrical issues, slide out issues. We have a 2019 Leprechaun 240FS and we’re ready to trade it. The only positive thing about this RV is the Ford Chassis is great all the rest is poor craftsmanship!
- PLAnderson, Florida

2020-12-13 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS View Listings

The experience I’ve had to date with my Coachman RV and the customer service they offer is beyond horrendous! I brought a brand new Coachman RV directly off the show room floor in august 2019( no previous owner) and I’ve been regretting it every day since that time. I’ve experienced continuous problems with this unit and cannot rely on it to go out of town because I’ve been stranded in the bush on several occasions! It’s been leaking water since the day we bought it, yet coachman is not taking full accountability for this issue and continues giving me the run around as opposed to giving me the RV I already paid for!! Instead they would rather keep trying to do the same repairs even though they have been unsuccessful to date! Can someone please explain this logic to me because I cannot figure it out! I can honestly say that the RV I receive from Coachman is GARBAGE and the customer service is even worse!!!Ron Ross, warranty manger , is beyond disrespectful and not helpful at all! I was shocked to see coachman with such a disrespectful human dealing with customers but now I can see he saves them a lot of money by giving customers the run around until their warranty is expired!!! Forest river customer service is no better! In fact their lead customer service guy, Jason Brewer, treated the manger at Woodys RV World and I like complete shit!!! He was mask-talking to tell others how to reply to my questions in the meeting to avoid accountability, and derailed the entire meeting even though he was just brought into the matter an hour before the meeting. I have the entire conference call video recorded and it’s disgusting! Ron Ross ( with the help of Jason Brewer in the meeting) put up more roadblocks than solutions to fixing my RV, which is STILL NOT FIXED!! I have not been able to fully use this RV since purchased because every single time I go camping I run into major problems . I’ve had to cut my camping trip short and return the RV to the dealership! Ron Ross spoke down to my family and I, ignored calls and treated our family , and the dealership with complete disrespect! If I had my time back, I would put my $120,000.00 into a unit that is reliable and a company that cares about true customer service. This is by far the biggest regret I have with my money to date and it looks like this matter will likely end up in court to be fairly resolved! Please, if you have money for a good Trailer or RV, do not waste it on Coachman and have to live with regret and daily stress like me! I hope this helps others avoid this money hungry company! If you are lucky enough to buy a well assembled unit you might be ok with coachman, but if you receive a unit with any major issues, or a lemon, I promise you will regret the day you gave them your money! I haven’t even revealed 25% of the problems I’ve had with this company because there is not enough space in this form to do so. Everyone I speak with, including other long-term campers and service professionals at Woodys RV World, are blown away by this RV and inform me that they’ve never seen an RV in such bad confusion. Yet, coachman are giving me the run around about an RV I cannot even use properly!!! The most disheartening part of this is the fact this unit would already be replaced under the national Lemon law if lived in the USA! So, Coachman knows what they should do for good customer service but they decide to do whatever they can “ legally” with the least amount of accountability! It’s disgusting!!! I really hope this review helps other avoid the overwhelming, unfair situation I am experiencing with Coachman!
- Stephanie Clowe, Alberta

2020-11-17 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 27S View Listings

We bought our 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun new. We like the floor plan but we have hit our heads on the cupboard above the sink while doing dishes. The refrigerator is great but only 6 cu ft. The bathroom shower is small and the one cupboard in there is not so roomy. The queen bed is comfy but not much room to walk around and no storage underneath it. We have had absolutely no mechanic problems at all with it. 26S works ok for the two of us but looking for a little more space to move about.
- Lana, Minnesota

2020-10-25 2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS View Listings

Owned the 319DS for seven years; multiple road trips to state parks and visits to Flordia. Three things I LOVE about this motorhome; 1. It's CRAZY the amount of storage the unit has. The entire back of the coach was storage. There were 4 covers within the storage are that you could remove and have even more. Storage could be accessed from either side or back; 2. THis coach has LOTS of room to walk back and forth from the couch, dining area, kitchen, bedroom and bath EVEN WITH THE SLIDES IN! I've seen lots of coaches this size that donlt have have the walking room this one does; 3. Direct View TV that lowers into the cabinet for even more prep space in the kitchen. No swivel over the bunk, no crooning your head for hours to the left or right watching a movie, the unit is directly across from the couch. I could go on with other likes like the outdoor entertainment, the outdoor kitchen with sink and large prep area and fridge. Okay, now 3 dislikes(this was hard); 1. Shower. Its a radius type, but kind of in the bedroom. Wish it was redesigned to be more of a rectangular shape; 2. Toilet, though porcelin and doable, I wish the space it sits in was a little bigger; not a deal breaker but not a prime position for me personally :) and 3. Wish the televator for the television in the living area lower to a fluch position rather than just abopve. It creates kind of a counter rise which is okay, but flush would have been better. Again, I could go on about some of the "upgrades" that were standard on this coach like automatic leveling, a huge 21ft awning; 15KW AC unit with a heat pump to name a few, but suffice ti to say that it was everything I had hoped for and then some! it was perfect for us then and never had any major issues.
- Vern, Texas

2020-10-25 2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS View Listings

We bought the coach new in 2013. We have driven about 10000 miles in it and one trip to Washington DC. It is comfortable, easy to manuever, tasteful and family friendly decor and layout. Plenty of sleeping room for 8. The fireplace is a wonderful touch for those chilly evenings. The outdoor kitchen is so handy for washing hands, preparing meals. The outdoor frig is wonderful. We will always have one from now on. The 20ft awning is great for sitting out even on rainy days to watch a movie on the outdoor TV. Love the outdoor shower when you come up from the lake swimming where you can rinse off. We have thouroughly enjoyed this coach. Would recommend for families, couples and new to RV. Many extras like the BIG foot leveling system levels the coach with just the touch of a button. Black water tank rinsers, freeze prevention tank warmers, plus much much more make this take easy to care for and full of luxury items that are only in upper end coaches.
- Vernon J. Etheridge, Texas

2020-10-18 2021 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS View Listings

My first payment is due on one week and the unit is still at dealer for repairs... broken slides and water pipes leaks. Lots of scratched and small dents. We are very sad and disappointed but stuck with a 100k purchase. It looks nice inside otherwise. Also the folding bed is not even when slide goes out, you'll need to put something to level it out. Very dissatisfied.
- Rh, Maryland

2020-10-05 2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 27QB View Listings

We have a lemon in the bunch. Nothing but problems and only have had it 3.5 months. Cheaply made and slap a price tag on it!!!! 1. frig handle broke before first trip out. 2. end of couch (arm rest) fell off going down the road. 3. shower door leaked, water on floor after first shower. 4. outside water hookup still leaks down the side of camper. 5. Antenna does not get any tv stations. Place where we bought it has looked at it 3 times and still no tv when going camping. 6. All the windows open real hard. The one by the table the glass has separated from the frame/lock so can't open it at all. 7. One is the plastic caps for the awning was missing when we arrived at our last camping outing. It has not been a fun camping season for us because its always like now what is going to break!!
- Laura Giedd, Illinois

2020-10-02 2021 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FD View Listings

After we signed the papers and for the last time we open and close the slide out, the pipes under the kitchen sink bursted and water started to drain on the ground. Although a brand new coach, windows were scratched, coach body dented and scratched...what a mess. And we are stuck with it and a big payment. I'm not sure what other surprises we will have. Hopefully, we won't be left astray in the middle of nowhere.
- Roxana, Maryland

2020-09-07 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 210RS View Listings

Worst experience so far. Bought it new in May 2020, been in the shop more than our driveway. Electrical issues right off the bat caused delay in even getting it for 3 weeks after purchase. Every camping trip so far has produced an issue. Only have done 4 camping trips cause it’s been in shop. Now stuck in Maine as wont start and smoking under the hood. Not even 1800 miles on the chevy truck. We thought and heard coachman was a good and reputable brand but this is absolutely wrong. This RV is a lemon, when and if we upgrade it will never be another coachman Product.
- Judy Casagrande , Massachusetts

2020-08-31 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS View Listings

This RV is the best looking RV going down the road and in the campground. The Ford cab worthy of being with an RV, very cheaply made more like a work truck. We have had it back to the dealer I know more than 10 times, one time they had it for 3 months. We have had water leaks, loose windows, slide motor stop working and no water in the kitchen to name a few. Coachman should be ashamed to put their name on this RV.
- James Lakes, Kentucky

2020-08-20 2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 280DS View Listings

I like this rv but it is a 2014 I found the price a little high. Yes it has low miles but it is 6 years old. Please keep sending me info on rvs of this type especially the 260ds. We will be buying an rv within the next few months
- Steve S Parker, California

2020-07-28 2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 220QB View Listings

As a single retired lady I have traveled for two years in my 50th Anniversary Leprechaun 220QB. I tow a 40th anniversary mustang 4-down and have loved every minute of my experience. It is easy to drive, back. You can easily access the bathroom and bed when stopping for overnight at Walmart or rest areas. I receive compliments every were I go on my rig...and my mustang of course. I bought it used with only 8K miles on it so I cannot speak to factory warranty but this sight won't let you submit with out choosing one. Just disregard the Factory rating.
- Gayle Hicks, Tennessee

2020-07-08 2012 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS View Listings

Bought it in 2013 brand new. Have traveled entire US an d across Canada. The majority of our travel was in winter conditions. Grate RV, however,have a major lead in the bed over the driver which has rotted the support wood. I can not find the leak and had to remove the wood that supports base of the bed. Has anyone had a similar problem? Have not been able to contact coachmen of information and assistance. Any one have a good phone number for them?
- george rallios, North Carolina