Coachmen Leprechaun Reviews on RV Insider (54)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen Leprechaun RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

JDB from Georgia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DSF View Listings

Excellent floor plan, very nice quality. RV drives excellent I only wish the turning radius was little better. Ford nor Coachmen put very much effort into cabin quitness so I had a sound company do that for me since I moved from a diesel pusher to this class C the engine and road noise was an issue for me. The cruise control is way too aggressive and Ford knows this but they don't seem to be doing anything about it but they say the transmission is a "smart" transmission so with non aggressive driving thats supposed to be improved... jury still out on that. That is the only issues- overall its a fantastic RV that I would highly recommend. In my opinion nothing comes close to overall floor plan and quality for the price.
- JDB, Georgia

2020-11-17 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 27S View Listings

We bought our 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun new. We like the floor plan but we have hit our heads on the cupboard above the sink while doing dishes. The refrigerator is great but only 6 cu ft. The bathroom shower is small and the one cupboard in there is not so roomy. The queen bed is comfy but not much room to walk around and no storage underneath it. We have had absolutely no mechanic problems at all with it. 26S works ok for the two of us but looking for a little more space to move about.
- Lana, Minnesota

2020-10-25 2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS View Listings

Owned the 319DS for seven years; multiple road trips to state parks and visits to Flordia. Three things I LOVE about this motorhome; 1. It's CRAZY the amount of storage the unit has. The entire back of the coach was storage. There were 4 covers within the storage are that you could remove and have even more. Storage could be accessed from either side or back; 2. THis coach has LOTS of room to walk back and forth from the couch, dining area, kitchen, bedroom and bath EVEN WITH THE SLIDES IN! I've seen lots of coaches this size that donlt have have the walking room this one does; 3. Direct View TV that lowers into the cabinet for even more prep space in the kitchen. No swivel over the bunk, no crooning your head for hours to the left or right watching a movie, the unit is directly across from the couch. I could go on with other likes like the outdoor entertainment, the outdoor kitchen with sink and large prep area and fridge. Okay, now 3 dislikes(this was hard); 1. Shower. Its a radius type, but kind of in the bedroom. Wish it was redesigned to be more of a rectangular shape; 2. Toilet, though porcelin and doable, I wish the space it sits in was a little bigger; not a deal breaker but not a prime position for me personally :) and 3. Wish the televator for the television in the living area lower to a fluch position rather than just abopve. It creates kind of a counter rise which is okay, but flush would have been better. Again, I could go on about some of the "upgrades" that were standard on this coach like automatic leveling, a huge 21ft awning; 15KW AC unit with a heat pump to name a few, but suffice ti to say that it was everything I had hoped for and then some! it was perfect for us then and never had any major issues.
- Vern, Texas

2020-10-25 2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS View Listings

We bought the coach new in 2013. We have driven about 10000 miles in it and one trip to Washington DC. It is comfortable, easy to manuever, tasteful and family friendly decor and layout. Plenty of sleeping room for 8. The fireplace is a wonderful touch for those chilly evenings. The outdoor kitchen is so handy for washing hands, preparing meals. The outdoor frig is wonderful. We will always have one from now on. The 20ft awning is great for sitting out even on rainy days to watch a movie on the outdoor TV. Love the outdoor shower when you come up from the lake swimming where you can rinse off. We have thouroughly enjoyed this coach. Would recommend for families, couples and new to RV. Many extras like the BIG foot leveling system levels the coach with just the touch of a button. Black water tank rinsers, freeze prevention tank warmers, plus much much more make this take easy to care for and full of luxury items that are only in upper end coaches.
- Vernon J. Etheridge, Texas

2020-10-18 2021 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS View Listings

My first payment is due on one week and the unit is still at dealer for repairs... broken slides and water pipes leaks. Lots of scratched and small dents. We are very sad and disappointed but stuck with a 100k purchase. It looks nice inside otherwise. Also the folding bed is not even when slide goes out, you'll need to put something to level it out. Very dissatisfied.
- Rh, Maryland

2020-10-05 2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 27QB View Listings

We have a lemon in the bunch. Nothing but problems and only have had it 3.5 months. Cheaply made and slap a price tag on it!!!! 1. frig handle broke before first trip out. 2. end of couch (arm rest) fell off going down the road. 3. shower door leaked, water on floor after first shower. 4. outside water hookup still leaks down the side of camper. 5. Antenna does not get any tv stations. Place where we bought it has looked at it 3 times and still no tv when going camping. 6. All the windows open real hard. The one by the table the glass has separated from the frame/lock so can't open it at all. 7. One is the plastic caps for the awning was missing when we arrived at our last camping outing. It has not been a fun camping season for us because its always like now what is going to break!!
- Laura Giedd, Illinois

2020-10-02 2021 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FD View Listings

After we signed the papers and for the last time we open and close the slide out, the pipes under the kitchen sink bursted and water started to drain on the ground. Although a brand new coach, windows were scratched, coach body dented and scratched...what a mess. And we are stuck with it and a big payment. I'm not sure what other surprises we will have. Hopefully, we won't be left astray in the middle of nowhere.
- Roxana, Maryland

2020-09-07 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 210RS View Listings

Worst experience so far. Bought it new in May 2020, been in the shop more than our driveway. Electrical issues right off the bat caused delay in even getting it for 3 weeks after purchase. Every camping trip so far has produced an issue. Only have done 4 camping trips cause it’s been in shop. Now stuck in Maine as wont start and smoking under the hood. Not even 1800 miles on the chevy truck. We thought and heard coachman was a good and reputable brand but this is absolutely wrong. This RV is a lemon, when and if we upgrade it will never be another coachman Product.
- Judy Casagrande , Massachusetts

2020-08-31 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS View Listings

This RV is the best looking RV going down the road and in the campground. The Ford cab worthy of being with an RV, very cheaply made more like a work truck. We have had it back to the dealer I know more than 10 times, one time they had it for 3 months. We have had water leaks, loose windows, slide motor stop working and no water in the kitchen to name a few. Coachman should be ashamed to put their name on this RV.
- James Lakes, Kentucky

2020-08-20 2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 280DS View Listings

I like this rv but it is a 2014 I found the price a little high. Yes it has low miles but it is 6 years old. Please keep sending me info on rvs of this type especially the 260ds. We will be buying an rv within the next few months
- Steve S Parker, California

2020-07-28 2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 220QB View Listings

As a single retired lady I have traveled for two years in my 50th Anniversary Leprechaun 220QB. I tow a 40th anniversary mustang 4-down and have loved every minute of my experience. It is easy to drive, back. You can easily access the bathroom and bed when stopping for overnight at Walmart or rest areas. I receive compliments every were I go on my rig...and my mustang of course. I bought it used with only 8K miles on it so I cannot speak to factory warranty but this sight won't let you submit with out choosing one. Just disregard the Factory rating.
- Gayle Hicks, Tennessee

2020-07-08 2012 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS View Listings

Bought it in 2013 brand new. Have traveled entire US an d across Canada. The majority of our travel was in winter conditions. Grate RV, however,have a major lead in the bed over the driver which has rotted the support wood. I can not find the leak and had to remove the wood that supports base of the bed. Has anyone had a similar problem? Have not been able to contact coachmen of information and assistance. Any one have a good phone number for them?
- george rallios, North Carolina

2020-07-07 2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB View Listings

I'd love to say, it's great...but,we purchased a 2020 Leprechaun I February, and never been able to use it. If we turn on both air conditioning units, we can't use the microwave or anything else without tripping the breaker! The hot water heater didn't work, so my husband (electrician) fixed it, along with other small things. The dealership told us that it was "normal" for the breaker to trip. I can't believe that as much as you pay for a new one, you can't live in it! We're supposed to pick it up from the dealership...still not fixed. Any advise??? Very disappointed, and everything else one could feel. They took our money and ran. We purchased every warranty they offered as well.
- Sandy, Missouri

2020-06-11 2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 260RS View Listings

Very good RV. Not an excellent RV. It has a manufacturing defect where the water heater intake couplings are located. The connections are so close to the floor that they break regularly flooding the floor. A dealer told me it is a common occurrence. The part is less than $2.00. It is a pain to replace. The onboard toilet is fine for children and petite women. There is no leg room for tall people. Get used to leaving the door open or use campground facilities.
- Leland Lesher, Florida

2020-06-03 2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 240FS Ford 450 View Listings

This is an excellent Coachmen!! We love everything about it, it has all the upgrades. Drives good, tows great, love it!! Love the walk in closet and love the layout. Love the automatic leveling jacks!!
- Tammy Kirby, Tennessee

2020-03-24 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DS View Listings

We have over 17000 miles and have seen a lot of beautiful sites. RV is easy to drive and tows our jeep with little effort. We have a full size 4 door ref. plus recliners and upgraded cabinets. The bedroom layout makes it difficult when making bed. You cannot use microwave or oven without extending slide. The air ride leaks down every few weeks. The awning design allows water inside and will mold if not opened often to dry. I do a complete service before each trip and check tire pressure often. Over-all we are happy with coach and would recommend.
- Gary, Florida

2020-02-20 2020 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB View Listings

Do you have different interior colors body colors self leveling system is the microwave convection basemen sg footage is this at the factory how many miles from there to lewiston I'd 83501 gas mileage warrenty thank you
- William stickler, Idaho

2020-01-14 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 280BH View Listings

Great layout. Opens up nicely. We have overhead cabinets instead of the bunks. Still plenty of sleeping. This is what we wanted and like this option for our needs...added overhead storage. Has a big rear storage bay and good access. Looked at a lot of class Cs and this offered the space and bang for buck. No problems that I couldn’t fix. At 28ft it is a great length for parking etc. Swivel front seats and nice extra seating. Not big on fold up bed but have gotten use to it. E 450 Triton is great for this vehicle. All in all a solid 4 stars for what we wanted.
- Ken Morgan, Texas

2019-11-08 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS View Listings

Two words for Coachman: Run away! Coachman was sold to us as the higher end of the many Forest River brands and products. Not!!! We bought our rig new. It’s been 15 months and about 12k miles — and many dozens of frustrating repairs. This was our first RV. But we were well studied. We knew that new RV’s tend to have initial quality issues. And we knew that RV’s experience the equivalent of level 5 earthquakes going down the road. Things will break. And we are not the first RV owners in our family. But none of that could explain our experience with this rig! At the end of our first trip and virtually every trip after, we would get home, unpack the rig and drive it straight to the dealer for repairs. We always worried that they could get the parts and get the repairs done before the next scheduled trip. There were many times that they could not get all of the repairs done and we would carry the repair list over to the next visit, along with new repairs after that next trip! The rig has been in the shop more than it’s been available to be on the road. You name an issue and it’s probably happened. Multiple water leaks. Living room windows which would not stay shut going down the road. Missing pistons on cabinets. Chipped countertops. Broken radio that blared every time you started the engine. Missing XM antenna (“XM ready” does not include the antenna — which required a hole to be drilled in the roof to install). Recliner foot rests that would not stay up. Outside storage bins that were not sealed and were deluged with water in our first drive in the rain — and again since. Bolts that came loose from the slides and got caught in the slide mechanisms. Loose wires that got caught in the bed slide. Refrigerator that was not mounted correctly, keeping the right door from opening enough to open the interior drawers. Refrigerator controller board overheating issue — caused by a lack of proper ventilation for the compressor, a severe design flaw. Multiple electrical issues, including a 120v socket that simply failed and having to replace the house batteries at just over a year. I could go on and on and on. There were so many issues, I had to maintain a spreadsheet to keep them all straight and make sure I did not forget to report them And could check them off when I went back to pick up the rig. And that’s just the repair issues. There are also dozens of just plain silly design flaws — many of which we fixed ourselves or paid our dealer to fix. But the worst part is the treatment we received from Coachman. In the end, most of the issues were fixed under warranty (or are about to be fixed) but some of the issues required much cajoling from us and our dealer. We were so frustrated by our initial experience, we even stopped by the factory on a swing through Indiana. We spent a couple of hours walking around and through the rig in detail with a plant manager discussing the repair issues and design flaws. Was the plant manager grateful that we went out of our way to stop and discuss our concerns and feedback? No. He later told our dealer that we were just there to “tell him how to run his business”. So much for listening to the customer. At this point, we are sick and tired of our rig and are ready to move on. However, we cannot in good conscience just pass any issues on to the next owner. We will first make sure all of the issues are fully and finally addressed. The next owner will take over a rig in the condition it should have been when we bought it new!
- Disappointed Coachman Owner, Tennessee

2019-10-07 2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 26QB View Listings

We are trying to sell this gorgeous RV because we bought our retirement home and we are downsizing our expenses. We have only put 2500 miles on the RV, which had just a little over 13,000 miles on it when we bought it. I have had both Class A and Class C RV's in the past, and this one is by far the best that I have owned. First of all, the layout is wonderful, the queen in the back remains fully made so we can crawl right in after a long day on the road, the kitchen is terrific with loads of storage and the refrigerator is just about full size, so we are able to freeze lots of meals ahead of our trips. The storage under the box is remarkable!! All in all, this is really a wonderful rig, with a beefy V10 450 Ford, that will tow anything!
- Kathy Webb, California

2019-09-27 2019 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS View Listings

Where do I begin? I have not even used the RV as yet. But I placed a large downpayment and have been paying on the loan for nine months. All miles have been essentially put on by dealer going from one dealer to the next or to pick get work done. Poor quality throughout. A rear slide installed incorrectly. It would jam when extending and then could only manually be retracted. Bodywork required on the front and sides (who knows why?). Decals incorrectly applied. Trim work inside with exposed nails/staples. Drill holes in ceiling where mistakes in mounting power vents occurred. Cabinet doors that will not close properly. Trim that is is cut too short or badly damaged. Blind hardware mismatched. Exposed wiring between the cab and coach. Drivers side and passenger side door panels so dirty that they cannot be cleaned and Coachman will not authorize replacement. A dealer (Campers Inn) who did nothing for four months to remedy the issues. The RV is still on their premises. The service manager proudly declared during a call this week that he has the parts ordered! This is the end of September. They have known about the deficiencies since Mid-May. I could go on and on.....
- Dave, Pennsylvania

2019-09-25 2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 240FS View Listings

We've had a great experience with this RV we tow a 2017 Jeep Wrangler four wheels down and you need to remind yourself that it's still there. The fireplace inside is a great feature we camped late into the fall and it kept us warm and cozy. Very happy this this unit. Every thing is in working conditions.
- Vicki Arseneau, Ontario

2019-09-21 2015 Coachmen Leprechaun 317SA View Listings

The Coachman Leprechaun by Forest River (Model 317SA) is one of the best floor plans available. The quality is very good for the price point and Forest River is very accessible when questions arise regarding warranty or just needs on how to do something. During our ownership I was able to get all warranty work done with minimal complications. They even solved a slide-out issue that was a mis-measurement on where two of the rollers were placed for the main slide-out. This was a problem that was recognized after the original 1 year warranty expired but since it was a construction error Forest River took care of the repair and the unit was better then it would have been from the factory. The floor plan allows for a private bathroom with a pocket door that leads into the main bedroom and another access point with a door entrance from the hallway. The bed allows exit from either side which is great because one person does not have to crawl over the other to leave the bed and it makes it much easier to make up the bed. It is a roomy bedroom with plenty or storage space. I would buy a Leprechaun again as it is a great unit for the money.
- Frank, Georgia

2019-09-10 2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DSF View Listings

RV meets my expectations completely. Very comfortable and easy to set up. If you are wanting a motorhome at a great price, we need to discuss further. I keep this unit inside my barn but have decided to finish out barn as cabin. 3400 miles is all this camper has. Everything is like new
- Gary, Texas

2019-09-08 2017 Coachmen Leprechaun View Listings

We purchased this vehicle with intentions to leave in our barn in Leona, Texas, to use on weekends on our country property and occasionally take trips to area lakes to fish. Since then we have built our own pond and prefer to go to our property every weekend. We will sell this unit to give us room to finish out the barn as a cabin getaway for the weekend. When we travel now we just go in car to south Louisiana to visit grandkids. We have made one week long trip and 3 adults and one child to Louisiana and stayed in this motorhome for a week and it was extremely comfortable, plenty of room. We do have a warranty package that can be assumable but is not included in price. will discuss. Purchased this unit from Holiday World in Willis Texas in May 2019.
- Gary Fanguy, Texas