Coachmen Freelander RVs Reviews (30)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen Freelander RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Cathleen Savage from Colorado says:

Have you owned any Coachmen Freelander RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2012 Coachmen Freelander 21QB View Listings

The 2012 Freelander 21QB, actually 24' in length, is a great value for the money. It is a great option for two adults and up to two children. Although it technically sleeps six, that would be a bit crowded. In addition to the rear Queen bed, the dinette converts to a Full size bed (48" x 76"). The overcab bunk has a weight limit of 350 lbs. PROs: 1) The rear bed is 60" x 80", very spacious for an RV and so much more liveable than the "Short Queen" (60" x 76") that is so common in other models. An added bonus is that standard Queen-size sheets fit perfectly! 2) the fresh water holding tank is 50 gallons, lots bigger than most Class Cs and even some Class As. This means we stay out in remote areas longer without breaking camp. 3) The exterior "basement" storage is huge! Over 100 square feet! We can fit everything we need for a month-long trip in with no problem. Have not seen this much storage in other models. 4) It is very easy to drive and has a good turning radius. 5) The dinette is designed in a circular "lounge" style, which is great for watching TV and relaxing. See related Cons below. CONs: 1) The factory installed vents are cheap and flimsy. We immediately replaced ours with Fantastic Vents. 2) The window in the coach side entrance door (not the cab) is made of frosted glass, reducing driver visibility. We had ours replaced with clear safety glass and we added a shade for privacy when needed. 3) The table for the dinette is too big for the space. We took it out and just store it for when we might need to use it to convert the dinete into a bed. We use a large tv tray table for indoor dinners and we made our own insert to make the sofa more comfortable. 4) The wardrobe for hanging clothes has two rods that run from the exterior wall to the wardrobe door instead of a single rod running across the top of the wardrobe. A simple modification to make. I notice that Coachmen made this change to later models too. 5) Curved shower door on a track is irritating but functional. Coachmen changed this to a regular swinging door set on the diagonal in later models. Summary: with a few simple modifications, the 2012 Freelander 21QB is a great combination of compact size and desireable features! I would buy it again.
- Cathleen Savage, Colorado

2019-05-11 2013 Coachmen Freelander 19CB View Listings

I am over the top in love with my little class c. I just (5-2019) bought it, with only 33k miles, a 2013, for under 30K!! The most awesome floorplan with it's cute kitchen with so much counter space! I removed the table, and made that area an L shaped sitting area, with the aid of a nice perfect height long flip top padded box or "bench," (makes for added storage too). Speaking of storage, this little coach has tons inside and out! I added 400 watts of solar and a Nature's Head, as well as combining my grey and black tank. Got my "Berky" too! My new home is a dream!
- Tony Wallis, Montana

2019-04-06 2016 Coachmen Freelander 21RS View Listings

Love the floor plan and drives just like driving a pick up truck. Was hard to believe I was towing something, had to use the rear view camera to be sure the trailer was there!! Absolutely loved this camper!!
- Sue Snith, Ohio

2019-03-21 2017 Coachmen Freelander 22QB View Listings

Best layout in an RV. Can go anywhere because it is 24'10" so under the 25' limit. Very user friendly. AC works fast. Electric everything. Extended gas tank perfect for long trips and good gas mileage.
- Sean, California

2019-03-07 2015 Coachmen Freelander 27QB View Listings

2015 Coachman Freelander 27QB 27 ' chevy 4500 , automatic, gasoline fuel backup camera! sleeps 6-8 walkaround queen bed booth dinette turns into bed soft folds out to sleep loft overhead also bed bedroom includes ample closet space, 24' tv in corner and water storage under bed separate shower bath with 3 storage cabinets fridge/freezer microwave, propane oven 24' attached tv in loft space outside to add another small tv AC, gas generator, smoke alarm and extinguisher battery under steps, all working panel for control of water pump, generator, etc. No leaks non smokers no pets ready to go, excellent condition! NO LEAKS! Many more pics available upon request
- Brenda Hall, Ohio

2019-02-02 2016 Coachmen Freelander 21RS View Listings

I towed a trailer behind it and it drove like a dream. Easy and comfortable to drive. I love the slide so you can walk around the queen size bed and not have to climb over someone.. I love the dual sinks and the counter top area by the sink. Most campers do not have that. Plenty of shower room. The slide out table is very handy and one less thing to have to haul.
- sue scott, Ohio

2019-01-23 2019 Coachmen Freelander 27QB View Listings

I bought my RV to motor home specialist alvarado tx brand new at 1190 mileage, after driving 180 on my way home to El Paso , Tx check engine light starts to went off. ABS, traction control, stability track control were malfunctioning, window glass keeps opening while you were driving, screws from the window starts to lossen, bathroom door keeps opening, sun roof making a loud noise because its not air tight seal Imagine the sound of washine machine, awning motor dinot closing right, generator won’t prime from the inside panel you have to prime it manually outside and open the front cover of the generator.... and so much more. I bought a brand new but this is a piece of crap
- Ricardo Patagan, Texas

2018-12-18 2012 Coachmen Freelander 32BH View Listings

Owning this rv has been a nightmare from beginning to end. We got a great price but had problems with water leaks everywhere and they just cant seem to find them all and get them fixed. Went to several dealerships same results. Compartment above the cab where the bed is leaked we had that fixed is continue to leak we've continued to have problems. Are back storage area on the passenger side has never sealed properly and we are constantly getting water in there. We were in a storm in New York which caused a problem with the roof which cause water damage in the back and they supposedly fix that. However we still are now getting water inside and that back corner and now they think it might be coming from the seal around the slide out. We consistently have water in many of the storage compartments and can't figure out exactly where it's coming from. The wall panel right next to the fridge I'm is completely boat out and no matter what they do cannot get it to stay put and I think that's probably from Western water damage. Opened up one of the storage compartments the other day and found mushrooms growing in the crease around the store inside of the storage area. And everything was all wet.
- Dawn, Indiana

2018-10-12 2017 Coachmen Freelander 31BH View Listings

I have owned 2 Freelanders. The Class C bunk house is perfect for my family. Our 4 children each have a bed and we never have to break down the couch or dinette. Great storage space inside and out and we have plenty of room for us all when we are driving and also when we are camped. We have traveled 45 of the States in our Freelanders and have had the most amazing time. I recommend this make and model all the time. I have loved my RV!
- Jll McLain, Colorado

2018-10-05 2012 Coachmen Freelander 23CB View Listings

I bought this November 2017, it's been an amazing RV, I know everyone probably says that on these things, but it truly has. The power it has, the sleeping, comfort, bathroom, kitchen, and just everything about it has been beyond my expectations. I just had everything service and had new tires put on. I have however recently suffered a back injury which is not allowing me to enjoy it anymore like I used to or want to. I hope it treats the third owners as great as myself, and previous owners before me.
- Jake Worman, Idaho

2018-09-07 2009 Coachmen Freelander 3150SS View Listings

We love our RV! It's very roomy and there is tons of storage space both inside and out. The bathroom is in a nice compartment off the master bed and there is a free standing shower. Excellent lightening throughout.
- Marion Bullick, Texas

2018-08-20 2015 Coachmen Freelander 21QB View Listings

Drives easily tows easily cozy and functional . Fully contained, parked in a car space, backed right in between 2 automobiles at a state park. Good, solid motor home. Generator works great. Had a leak, just missed the warranty, it was clear that it was a manufactured defect. Coachman fixed it, no charge.
- Tammy, Ohio

2018-05-15 2017 Coachmen Freelander 26RS View Listings

Great RV. Easy to drive,has the new Ford 6 speed automatic transmission. The qeen size bed is a dream. Lots of storage space. Didn't like the shore power hook up so i modified it. V-10 TRiton has lots of power, Mine sit's on the E-450 chassis which has the bigger breakes and larger load capacity.
- Mike Thomas, California

2017-10-07 2013 Coachmen Freelander 19CB View Listings

Love this RV, especially this specific year (2013) and layout! I think what sold me on this RV was the kitchen. Almost all RV’s we ever looked at had a galley style kitchen with just a small pop-up end table to prep food on! It is rare to see this “large” of kitchen in a RV...especially since it’s in one of the smallest Class C RV’s you can buy. We love to cook and there is so much room to do this in this kitchen. I would’ve love to see an oven or even a convection microwave oven, but it wasn’t a deal breaker. We went out an bought a really nice Toaster Oven and carry it in the RV when we need an oven. Seriously, I can’t say enough about the LAYOUT in the 2013 Coachmen Freelander 19cb. The designer was so smart about everything...utilizing every little space in the right way! There is no wasted space in this little RV and to be able to sleep 5 people....WOW!!!! Whomever designed this 2013 RV Layout should win RV Designer of The Year!!! This RV will not disappoint you!
- Jody, California

2017-05-25 2016 Coachmen Freelander 20CB Ford Transit View Listings

This is a SECOND UPDATE to our October reviews of our 2016 Freelander 20CB Micro. Our 20CB continues to do well. All appliances and other mechanicals function as they should. I want to repeat, that at the Coachmen factory, all of our warranty problems were quickly and professionally taken care of. A+! I continue to make common sense improvements/modifications (some I think the factory should have considered) to make the motorhome function better and be more livable, at least for our needs. With the 2.7 gas V6 and a tale wind, on flat ground, at a steady 56 MPH, we've seen 14.7 MPG. Overall, we get close to 12 MPG. Overall we are PLEASED. On a final note: if you happen to be considering purchasing your RV in MN., considering the SAD after sale warranty experience we encountered, all we can say is: BUYER BEWARE. LOOK around the facility. Neat? Clean? That first impression is only the beginning of the incompetence you could encounter. Never again for us at this facility, no matter how good the deal.
- Fred Gomes, Minnesota

2017-05-24 2014 Coachmen Freelander 28QB View Listings

First RV. Easy entry level both in cost and drivability. Has everything and layout is perfect. It's made me fall in love with RVing! It was used when purchased with less than 5,000 miles. It's still like new and if I kept it forever, it would be great.
- Mary, Arkansas

2017-05-14 2014 Coachmen Freelander 28QB View Listings

Perfect for the small RV. We bought as entry level. It drives perfect. Without a slide I replaced the sofa with a Lazyboy double recliner sofa. I did add a better mattress. It's got everything I could ask for
- Mary Davis, Arkansas

2017-04-28 2011 Coachmen Freelander 32BH View Listings

I have loved this RV fits a large family comfortably while still being easy to drive! Love the multiple sleeping areas, many TV's and ton of storage. Living area has been both roomy and functional. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a spacious class c.
- Seth Ballard, Texas

2017-03-25 2017 Coachmen Freelander 26RS View Listings

This is our 7th RV and by far the most enjoyable. If there wasn't a health problem, it wouldn't be for sale. Quality throughout. If there is a gig, it would be the bathroom could be slightly larger. The shower door is a great innovation.
- Bob Miller, Florida

2016-10-22 2016 Coachmen Freelander 20CB Ford Transit View Listings

This is an UPDATE to my review of October 4th of our Freelander 20CB Micro. Through direct communications with Coachmen, (we lost all confidence in our selling dealer being able to do anything right or even wanting to), we made plans to bring the RV to their factory for warranty service. The experience at Coachmen was very positive. Everyone there was friendly, courteous, and accommodating. Coachmen got my all problems solved in less than a day. The way I see it: if your dealer is lazy or incompetent the only alternative is going to the manufacturer for correctly done warranty work. PS: the driveability of the Ford Transit 350HD I find to be excellent. The V6 has plenty of power and it's no problem getting 14MPG when driven between 55 and 60MPH.
- Fred Gomes, Minnesota

2016-10-04 2016 Coachmen Freelander 20CB Ford Transit View Listings

2016 Coachmen Freelander 20CB Micro. A nice RV except for: I discovered, after a few weeks of ownership, that this motorhome's PLUMBING has a MAJOR DESIGN FLAW. The water pump is inaccessible as it is hidden away under the shower, or it's proximity, as evidenced by where the pump's sound is emanating from and by various photos I took trying to find it. Accessibility to an RV water pump is crucial for winterization, or for future pump replacement. The pump cannot be seen even after removing various panels, from the direction of Coachmen Service & Warranty Department, and taking photos to prove my claim. Not a glimpse of the pump can be seen in any photo of the underlying guts of the motor home. After seeing my submitted photos and, reviewing a blueprint or schematic, Coachmen's Warranty and Service Department admitted that the plumbing design has been corrected/changed in later build dates to remedy the lack of accessibility. Since then, Warranty and Service does not communicate with me. Something STINKS! How could their engineering department have incorrectly designed the plumbing system in the first place? Where does that leave the consumer? We're left with what I think was a "seconds" product foisted upon the dealer and the dealer, knowing or unknowingly, unloaded this RV upon the public meaning me. No wonder the dealer's price was the best anywhere in the USA. A few thousand less than any other dealer. Something STINKS here too. It's the dealer's problem and I WILL get my money back or an even trade for a correctly built 20CB Micro. Coachmen get an F- grade, and the dealer ain't too far behind.
- G. Gomes, Minnesota

2016-07-27 2015 Coachmen Freelander 21QB View Listings

Solid little Motor Home. Would keep it I didn't need more space. Great for mountain motoring!!! We took our motor home around the country in one year, coast to coast. Florida Gulf to Washington State Cape Flattery to the Outer Banks. This homer just keeps on ticking. No complaints, haven't needed the warranty. Solid!
- Tammy, Ohio

2016-07-11 2011 Coachmen Freelander 21QB View Listings

Easy to drive and park. Good amount of space. Excellent storage capacity underneath. The queen size bed is comfortable. Good size bathroom with shower doors . The couch is large and can accommodate 4 people at the table. Attractive wood cabinets, microwave, 3 burner stove, crisp cold air Conditioning in the cab and the coach. Television With a swing out arm so you can watch it in the bed above the cab or from the rear bed. DVD player. Easy to clean, easy to Maintain.
- N. Carroll, Florida

2016-05-05 2014 Coachmen Freelander 29QB View Listings

This class C has been great. It is my first motorhome and it delivered 24000 miles of absolute fun and great experiences for my wife and myself.I tow a dolly with a car and have never had a single problem.The vehicle handles great a little effort up steep mountains just learned to go slow and was fine. Reason for selling is I am to step up to a small class but absolutely have loved our Freelander for the 3yrs we have traveled in it.
- Bob Shaw, South Carolina

2016-04-26 2013 Coachmen Freelander 29QB View Listings

Very comfortable, roomy for 2 people. Bathroom toilet area a bit tight. Great separate shower stall. Never have towed so cannot comment. Handles well on all roads, wind not much of a factor. Easy to set up and breakdown. One downfall is how the electric plug is stationed. Hard to connect in compartment. Set up of the black water second pull handle is very inconvenient.
- John, Washington