Coachmen Freedom Express UltraLite

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen Freedom Express UltraLite RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

2021-08-05 2021 Coachmen Freedom Express UltraLite 192RBS View Listings

This is my first RV. I purchased it new, with COVID pricing late April 2021and was glad to have it. I tow it easily with my Volkswagen Touareg TDI. Due to having a male electrical adapter, I refer to this RV as a “he” and named him “little Herbie” or just Herbie. So, Herbie, my wife and I have gone on over 11 trips so far. Several lasting over 14 days. We have stayed at state parks, county parks, expensive/crowded private parks and even dry camped in norther WI. Herbie did not let us down. We have had no major issues, everything still works. Minor issues include: the red and white hoses under the kitchen sink keep leaking, the doors on the overhead compartments keep coming loose, cabinet latch mechanisms fall off, the tire under the front assembly had to be moved when the stabilizer bar was added (very irritating to lose the outside storage), it is not really solar ready, the mattress is terrible, there is no privacy shade on the door which is in front of the bathroom, the AC is so darn loud you can’t hear the TV or stereo, the sofa does not sleep 2 adults, maybe two toddlers, the bumper does not store a RhinoFlex sewer hose, it doesn’t fit, the bumper can’t have any thing added to it (e.g., bike rack, rack to hold sewer hose), and the Winegard is pretty expensive to get setup, and is just okay ‘to use daily. He only came with one battery… not cool. What I love about Herbie: he is so handsome, we get many compliments, all major components work, no leaks, no breakdowns, easy to clean, the ladder, the Azdel, no carpet, no vents in the floor, the sofa/dinette/my office very comfy for a few hours, dog friendly (Maltese and Schnauzer approved), I can cook/bake easily, ample indoor storage space, can tow with my SUV, AC keeps it cold in the summer, shower is tall and roomy, easy to clean, good storage under bed and in bathroom, porcelain toilet with leg room, nice decor. Fridge is big, everything is cold or frozen. Little pantry/entry closet is great for storage. So, as I head into Fall and Winter wish me luck. I love Herbie and we plan on growing old together. Hope to fix all the little issues that others tell me are pretty normal for RVs. If you are looking for a nice couples camper, consider this one as an option.
- Joan Gabriel, Minnesota