Coachmen Freedom Express RVs Reviews (26)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen Freedom Express RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Robert from North Carolina says:

Have you owned any Coachmen Freedom Express RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Coachmen Freedom Express 248RBS View Listings

This is the Freedom Express Select (cheaper version of the model). Likes: tows fantastic! increased axle spacing really helps with tracking and control during windy conditions. Fit and finish all over is great. All appliances worked flawlessly for both dry camping and wet camping. Septic flush worked really well though I used the Rhino septic pipe, fittings, flush elbow, etc. stores in bumper. Lighting is good and plentiful inside and in outside rear storage. Also, love the storage everywhere - inside and out. Dislikes: Seat back cushions do not make a uniform substrate for use as a bed due to the non-symmetrical design. We found buying an inflatable Coleman bed worked great on top of the cushions. We don't appreciate the imitation wood pattern paper glued to the luan panels - marrs easily and can actually tear due to a bad scratch or ding. Frames are solid wood and pocket screwed but I doubt the panels will hide wear. Also, the toilet bowl is very, very small! Enough room to have put a larger bowl. The ledge in the bathroom makes no sense but not a problem - just odd 'shelf' with no real use. Though storage everywhere is plentiful, you will need to customize for shelves and dividers or use tote bins as doors don't cover all storage areas. Finally, the white LEDs under the awning is stupid - yes - stupid. Even the cheapest competitors use the remote controlled multi-colored awning lights. White attracts bugs whereas amber or amber-red doesn't. Overall, for $22K we feel this is a great buy and would/will recommend this model and brand. Very happy thus far with our purchase!
- Robert, North Carolina

2019-11-06 2009 Coachmen Freedom Express 26SO View Listings

Fantastic Motorhome. Easy, Super Easy to drive. Just like driving a big pickup truck. Easy to park and maneuver. Private Bath and shower are great. Super easy to set up anywhere. I would recommend this RV to anyone.
- Alicia, Kentucky

2019-10-13 2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 254DSX View Listings

You won’t find a cleaner, better maintained camper. We have enjoyed having the extra bed when needed yet it’s out of the way when not needed. The electric tongue jack and electric awning make setup a breeze. The 6 gallon hot water heater makes for a good hot shower. The LED lights under the step and along the awning eliminates the need to hang lights in order to have light. With the rounded front towing is easy.
- Kathy Boggs , South Carolina

2019-08-16 2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 246RKS View Listings

I need to rant‼️ So my 246 RKS has been in Indiana since July 25 th for warranty work too large for the dealer to undertake. I was told by Steve Brandenburg of Coachmen that they would need to drop the floor most likely. Ok, that’s fine (though the massive leaks shouldn’t have occurred in the first place). Now, 22 days later, I know very little about what’s being done, where they are in the process, etc. Perhaps a picture, an email...something! My calls have gone mostly unreturned by Steve, who is the FE representative. When he did call, I was told they had started and most likely could be done in a week and a half, which would have been today, but I, the owner, know nothing after trying to contact him since Wednesday. I get the feeling I cannot get off the phone fast enough for him. He doesn’t volunteer anything specific, and it’s an effort to extract anything from him. Email goes unanswered as well. I’m a reasonable guy, but geez! Perhaps there’s still a lot to do?? Perhaps it’s on it’s way back?? I have no idea what’s going on with my unit, and it’s frustrating, to say the least. Coachmen, at this point you have MY property, and my request is simply- let me know what’s going on. Most of us will look to upgrade at some point, and guess what... We don’t have to come back to you for your products. There’s plenty of others to go to. I don’t mind if the job is taking longer than anticipated, but as the customer, I feel like I am entitled to an update on my unit. -Rotted floor with black mold, rotted slide floor and rotted cabinet holding refrigerator. Horrible customer service and quality
- Christine , Florida

2019-08-05 2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS View Listings

Amazing towability, great comfort, cold ac, large awning, fully loaded. Easy to hook up, digital led tv, indoor and outdoor speakers. Lots of LED lights..................................................
- Perte Gerdfunkle, Florida

2019-07-09 2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS View Listings

Great RB and super light for towing with a small truck. Everything works great on these babies. Love the outside grill! Super coating for easy cleaning and less problems with mold and mildew in humid states.
- Perte Gerdfunkle, Florida

2019-05-07 2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 257BHS View Listings

Absolutely loved having this as my temporary home. It was big enough to function like a normal house but cozy enough to keep me as a minimalist. Great quality and value. I couldn't ask for anything more.
- Tara Diaz , California

2019-01-04 2008 Coachmen Freedom Express 21QB View Listings

We really love this unit as a starter RV. In our two years of full timeing we have done and seen so many wonderful things with really no problems at all We just want a bigger unit because we want to settle down some and not travel as much But it really is a great RV for seeing the country.
- William , Texas

2018-11-19 2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 246RKS View Listings

Super rear kitchen--lightweight-pulls great-large fresh water tank-all around wonderful RV-slide is perfect with large windows for mountain views-large window over kitchen table-ac works great as well as heater--super super !
- nick renfro, Colorado

2018-05-13 2018 Coachmen Freedom Express 276RKDSLE View Listings

Bought the LE (Liberty Edition) because of the interior color selection and the solid surface upgrades. What we like: The layout and storage are light years ahead of all other 27 foot travel trailers. — full size queen, full width closet, lots of cabinet storage. Tows well with a quarter ton with a tow package. The interior LED lighting layout is very good. Nice Bluetooth on stereo. Pullout full length drawers under the dinette benches are great. Blackout pull down curtains are very useable. The ‘command post’ for the power jacks is very handy. What we don’t like: The couch folds out into a bed. It is not that confortable. It tilts toward the outside wall about 2-3 inches. Hard to make standard sheets fit - awkward. TV position is awkward in main cabin. - not many options so a fair compromise. The dinette cushions won’t stay upright (too much spaces behind). We had leaks under the sink - had to replace both 90 degree fittings. The dinette table is cheaper than it should be and it’s difficult to raise and lower. The storage access under the bed has no struts, so lifting it up requires some muscles. There two gray water tanks - 33 gallons each. Not connected, so you will need to figure out how to hook up to the single sanitary hose. Hint: a standard Y fitting will not work. Wish Coachman provided a solution. Overall, we got this camper to go on extended vacations with generally only 2 adults. This fits the bill better than any 27 foot travel trailer (length and weight).
- Sam Doak, Virginia

2018-05-02 2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 231RBDS View Listings

Pulls well, full timed in it for a year without any problems whatsoever loved this camper!! We loved that we stayed warm or cool depending on where we were. A very comfortable layout to live in as well’
- Julie Krause, Ohio

2018-01-14 2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS View Listings

I recently purchased a (rarely used) 2011 295 RLDS and am now doing some maintenance and upgrades. My disappointment is the quality of work I found. First, someone in the factory put his/her knee through the forward mattress support. Instead of fixing the problem, they simply stapled another piece of the same material over it. Then,I took the Jensen radio out to replace a cable and found a large pile of sawdust/wood splinters, and a hole in the back wall of the radio enclosure that looked a rat chewed a hole in it (someone punched hole in it with a screwdriver). I have also found numerous screws that were clearly screwed in by a someone who had no pride in his/her work; odd angles, over-tightened/stripped. Also discovered that the insulation for the fridge cabinet had peeled of the walls, and was blocking the hot air flow (and heating up the adjoining pantry cabinet...a major project requiring a new vent. Finally, the galley under-counter drawers were very poorly installed; scrap lumber, missing screws and torqued drawer slides. The level of quality control is sloppy and simply unacceptable.
- Bob Schotman, Florida

2017-12-07 2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 231RBDS View Listings

We love all of the hidden storage to help with a clean homey feel. Pulls great with the stabilizer package on it, never had one problem with it since owning it. We loved having it as our first rv we have owned!
- Julie Krause, Ohio

2017-07-21 2012 Coachmen Freedom Express 237RBS View Listings

We love the floor plan: large bathroom, lots of storage inside and out, big kitchen counter w/double sink, comfortable bed. Real oven that bakes great. The refrigerator is awesome and the freezer helps re-freeze our packets for any coolers we take along. The slide-out does NOT have to be extended to move around in the trailer: you can still eat at the table. The bed is a walk-around for easy access. Perfect for a couple or up to 4 people for sleeping. Tows great, electric tongue jack and stabilizers make an easy setup or can be used manually. I have recommended this trailer to other friends.
- Gary Kalow, Colorado

2017-07-19 2016 Coachmen Freedom Express 276RKDS View Listings

We purchased our trailer one year ago and have had three months of camping in it. We like the layout. It offers a lot of cabinet and wardrobe space compared to many models we looked at. It tows well and looks nice. On our first trip the awning did not retract. Had to play with the switch to get it to work and kept being a problem. Second trip out the refrigerator could not keep up with the heat. This also has been a recurring problem. The dealer has looked at both issues on multiple occasions and have not been able to correct them. The fold out couch has a 3" difference from one cushion to another when opened making it only good for small kids to sleep on. We have had a leak in the coach and they were able to repair it. We had the plumbing under the kitchen sink spring a leak. We have had the furnace fail on our last trip this spring. Some other small issues such as loose panels and sharp edges on the bed platform. Overall: We like the idea. This trailer is laid out for our camping experience, but find the constant problems make it not worth the $26,000.00 price tag. I would not recommend this manufacturer to anyone.
- David Lauer, Wisconsin

2017-07-15 2008 Coachmen Freedom Express 31SS View Listings

We love this rv. It handled very well. Before we got it, I wouldn't even drive my car on the interstate because the traffic scared me. But this was so fun to drive, before the end of the first summer I was driving on the interstate in this rv. I even pulled our boat or towed our car and went off by myself! This rv was so easy to setup. I would take it and get to the campground, get it all setup myself (including levelling) and then my husband would show up when he got off work and all he had to do was sit down and open his beer! He had it good for sure. We hated to sell it, but life happens and we just couldn't get away like we used to. We feel the Coachmens are very well built and would highly recommend this rv.
- Jane Phillips, Ohio

2017-06-07 2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 301BLDS View Listings

We really love it. We were able to travel anywhere with our 4 wheeler or Harley. We are only selling it because of health reasons. It is in great condition and hate selling it. It has an outside grill so the stove inside has never been used.
- Lorrie Petty, Maine

2017-05-04 2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 301BLDS View Listings

The few times we used the trailer we enjoyed it very much. Due to health problems I am no longer able to drive, therefore am not able to use it. The trailer is in excellent condition, comes with a 10 year warranty, 2 2000 Honda Generators with extended gas tank plus many more extras. It is ready for an adventurous person/family who is looking for a home on wheels to enjoy.
- John, Florida

2017-03-21 2015 Coachmen Freedom Express 23TQX View Listings

This was our first RV we purchase and we loved how much floor space we had inside. It sleeps 7 without putting the table down whiched I loved getting up in the morning and sitting inside with my coffee at the dinner table. My husband loved the fact everything was Powered with power tongue jack along with the AC in summer and the furnace for our fall trips. Anyone with a family with kids would love this RV for all the beds and room it provides. I can honestly say there was nothing we did not like. I am sad to say my husband suddenly passed away of a heart attack. That is the only reason I am selling my RV.
- Patty McCall, Pennsylvania

2017-02-27 2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 296REDS View Listings

My husband was working hours from home, so we bought the RV as a place to live during the week, coming home on weekends. We found it to be most accommodating for living in, plenty of room, comfortable, large shower, (a must for my 6"+ husband). It is easy to pull, set up and take down. We were very pleased with it.
- Cindi Hernandez, Arkansas

2016-12-25 2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 261SE View Listings

I have a 2011 Traverse and it pulled the Trailer without any problems, without any sway on the road or Highway. I was comfortable in the Queen Size bed considering I am over 300 lbs. The Bunk beds are a good size for young children and older ones. I would not get rid of the Trailer, I am very happy with it. But I have leg problems know and can not get in it, or even drive my car. Very pleased the way it handles.
- Bill Hall, Pennsylvania

2016-06-03 2010 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS View Listings

We bought our Coachman new in 2010 and use it about 40 days per year. Have never had any problems. Easy to tow and we love the floor plan and the quality! Our Coachman has exceeded our expectations. Not sure about newer models since Forest River bought them out.
- Bill, Arkansas

2015-11-10 2016 Coachmen Freedom Express 31SE View Listings

Very spacious especially with kids! Three kids two adults still have room . A baby pack and play fits great under slide out in bunkhouse bunk. We also had room for a electric baby swing! One of the best bangs for your buck! Great family camper! Pull with a Ram2500 diesel and the weight of the camper is balanced well and the camper does not tell the diesel anything. Beautiful full paint and colors. For the money numerous options Come with it! Impressed with HVAC for the length of unit and one HVAC unit on board. Very pleased recommend to anyone especially with kids!!
- Jason Hudson , Delaware

2015-05-27 2008 Coachmen Freedom Express 26SO View Listings

This RV has been excellent for local camping or long-distance cross country camping. It is perfect for a young couple with small children or a mature couple looking to explore the U.S. Enjoy!!
- Charles Ash, Idaho

2015-05-14 2009 Coachmen Freedom Express 31IS View Listings

My Wife And I love this RV, Every where we go people want to look in it and ask a lot of questions. We had to take pictures of the inside so when people ask to see it we just show them the book instead of tracking in and out.
- Scott Smith, South Carolina