Coachmen Catalina Legacy Reviews on RV Insider (7)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen Catalina Legacy RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Damian Hensley from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 293RLDS View Listings

Absolute trash service . We bought a bran new unit . Took it out once. Noticed many issues. Service center has had it 3 months saying parts have not arrived . Meanwhile I make payments on trash. How can you sell units as new in disrepair with what clearly is poor craftsmanship. Its saddens us that this unit has ruined a lifelong relationship with our car/R.V. dealership. Mostly minor issues but why not take care of your customers ? I would not reccomend buying anything made by whichever crap company makes the coachmen Catalina. I would be happy to share actual email responses we have upon request . Learn from our mistakes and save yourself the trouble . Unsure on my exact model as I've not had it in my possession long enough to remember . Catalina for sure .
- Damian Hensley , Oregon

2020-09-25 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 283RKS View Listings

Dealing with one of thee worst built units, falling apart, paneling coming off the walls leaks in every drain vanity coming apart staples coming up in the floor in kitchen and bathroom, half the entertainment isn’t working there is a short between exterior lights and entertainment! Came from the factory with city water lines kinked in half outside shower leaks bathroom faucet leaks exterior wall buckling studs protruding in the upper wall roof coming apart, all the windows leak slide leaks causing mold in the floor, walls separating interior, couch frame came apart dumped the couch on our feet, refrigerator shuts off, the refrigerator pilot shield is missing with the factory sawdust in the pilot lite area, heat ducts saw dust and wood chips pantry shelf one side entire length staples protruding caused a infection in my wife’s finger that entered the lining of the tendon went up her arm to her chest almost caused the lose of her finger! Factory stabilizers were junk buckled 1 the first time setting it up! Sport wheels that were listed on the inventory not on it! This has been the worst experience dealing with warranty and them telling me that I was using the trailer to go clear cross the US and back! I didn’t even have the unit 24 hours and had to return to the dealer because of water and leaks! A 18”x14” hole under the shower, extra holes under the kitchen sink in the wall for no reason, hole the size of a 2 outlet electrical box, for 2 automotive 18 gauge wires in the bottom, I left corner, the propane leak sector don’t work insulation missing under belly under the shower and linen closet! Wiring laying on the floor under the kitchen sink and counter wiring for the hot water tank just shower in no attention to detail! End cap for shelf under the kitchen sink laying on the floor leaving the wire exposed to any water that leaks from the drains or water lines! The closets in the bedroom were just slapped together not finish we have cut ourselves multiple times on the created bottom of the side panel, there isn’t a square area in the entire trailer, doors jams to big for the doors and crooked paneling is hung so that only the leading edge is catching on the very edge of the stud! Total Nightmare! Very Poor quality control! No PDI from the Factory from what I can tell either built on a Friday wanting to hurry and get off work or a Monday morning hangover type deal! The manager or lead I don’t know his title, treated us like we are the problem, using the trailer to travel to look for properties in multiple areas! not staying in one area more then a month to 2 months, has been worked on 4 times for just the waters and still not fixed the leaking drains not fixed! It is a NIGHTMARE! People be Careful when buying any RV check every crack and cranny!
- John Conerd, Washington

2020-06-24 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 293RLDS View Listings

Absolute trash. Extremely poor craftsmanship. Wood and metal shavings still present. The wood trim looks like it was cut with steak knife. No trim at all in some places. The electronics are very cheap and were not even connected right. The DVD just turns off on it's own in the middle of a movie. The two AC's are LOUD and leak inside the coach. The "outdoor" kitchen is an insult. Refer doesn't get cold enough and your kitchen is a coleman gas stove. The starbright feature is no more the a strip of blue LED's. They don't even light up because the awning and slide blocks the light. The seams have gaps to the outside. There are screws sticking out which stab and rip your skin if your not careful. The water heater placement was assenine. The decision to use full electric refer was a financial one. Gas/ electric are always better. Not to mention you can't even open it up all the way because of "fantastic" floor plan kitchen island won't allow the refer to open all the way.No lights outside or in the tiny storage. Get your own. No flood lights on either side. Use a torch. The electrical sockets are not even screwed in right. When you plug something in, you just pushed the socket into the wall. Interior lighting blows chunks. The drawers are complete s**t. They cut many corners, used sub par materials and just slapped it together and made an expensive s**t sandwich. And to add insult to injury, the customer service makes you wanna hurt somebody. I wholeheartedly regret buying this american made garbage. Coachman should f**kin be ashamed for screwing the people like this. I would post the emails I received right from the manufacturer or blast the phone conversations, but I would get in trouble for telling the whole f**kin truth!!!! I hate you, Coachman. You make s**t products and then peddle it to public and refuse to acknowledge the s**t work you do. I hope you go bankrupt and all the people I spoke with that only blew smoke up my ass , end up in the unemployment line!!! F*** you!
- Genel, Florida

2019-08-13 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 293RLDS View Listings

Bought July 8th from dealership in Greenwood, South Carolina. We wanted to buy a reputable name, like Coachman, but now see why we shouldn't have. Starting with the small stuff first, the trimming throughout is done extremely poorly!!!! We have missing pieces and obviously done wrong in many places. The brand new refrigerator in a brand new vehicle didn't work on electric only on gas so we had to fix that first. Then the shower was improperly put in. Don't know who's fault that is. The electric hitch broke first day. Bought satellite TV which camper had two outlets outside n inside, none work!!! Sink stained immediately with normal things that go in sink. They make you think there is storage under sink with two cabinets but you open there is blockages on both side. Its unusable. No place for brooms, mop etc. Furnishings are very uncomfortable!!!! Front door doesn't stay closed. Pops open even when locked. We are very, very disappointed! Very unprofessional work done on this brand new recreational. Would never buy again!
- Kurt and Fran Johnson, South Carolina

2019-06-06 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 293RLDS View Listings

We just used our RV for the first time last week and we’re so excited to finally go camping. The first time we used the water we had a bad leak under the bathroom sink call the dealer where we purchased this unit and he sent someone over to make repairs. Then The shower starts leaking all out into the floor had the leak had filled up the underbelly of the camper and ruined all the insulation and soaked the floors. Repair man came out again and said that all the insulation would have to be removed under the camper because of mold and mildew and we would have to take it into the dealership for warranty work. I took it to the dealer as soon as we return he was very helpful and apologetic. He contacted the factory and documented with pictures and we’re still waiting to hear from them. This is a brand new camper the first time we used it and it is ruined. Also on the back where our slide out is There is a huge bulge coming out from the metal no clue as to what caused that. The way the beds are made and the shelving on each side you have to push yourself up into the bed and it’s too high off the floor . I’m 5 foot six and I can’t reach my hands all the way back into the cabinets over and around the bed. Very difficult to store your clothes when you can’t reach back to get them. I regret buying This unit and wish I would have chose something better made. I’ve only made one payment and I own a camper that is crap.
- Leslie Hughes, South Carolina

2019-04-02 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 333RETS View Listings

Quite amazed at the cheap materials used and absolutely poor workmanship!!!! Once we stayed in it one day we realized it came with leaks lol!!! Twice supposedly fixed still leaks!!! Funny they claim its tested for leaks-yep they run water over the top not through the lines for using the camper lol!!!
- Jeannie, Georgia

2019-02-23 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 293RLDS View Listings

the floor plan is great however the workmanship from the factory is terrible the frame is rusty you can see outside around the slide the floor is coming up seal under slide out is pieced together I haven't used the camper yet do not buy a coachman product
- Charles, Pennsylvania