Coachmen CATALINA Reviews on RV Insider (43)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen CATALINA RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Robert Fuerneisen from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 263RLS View Listings

Got a 6 month old trailer 2017 first owner only used it 2 time came back for a bigger trailer (ask Wife before You Buy) sent E-Mail to Coachmen about some of the Quality problems with the Trailer all I got back was "its used not our problem" BLA BLA BLA I was just telling them about all the problems So maybe they would fix them on the new trailers they are building I did not think coachmen would do anything about Mine But Maybe a SORRY this happened
- Robert Fuerneisen, Michigan

2020-03-10 2020 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 333RETS View Listings

You get what you pay for. Purchased brand new in August 2019, trading in March 2020. Where to start... Hot water heater is hit or miss, usually works with gas, but don't plan on a long shower. Jacks broke, rust underneath, ac fan makes awful noise when you cut it on. Floors shake when you walk even with additional jacks. Lock is difficult to open from outside with the key, it have been locked out once. Cheaply made and is not going to hold up for the long haul. Figuring it is better to cut my loss now and trade up to something much nicer with a better warranty.
- Annie, North Carolina

2020-03-02 2017 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 32BHDSCK View Listings

Tows better than expected, previously had a 26' puma and it was 1000lbs lighter and they tow the same. Well built. Great layout with rear bunkhouse and 2nd entry being the bathroom. The power awning and outdoor kitchen was new for us on this model and we love it!!!
- Dave , Wisconsin

2020-01-24 2018 Coachmen Catalina 26BHS View Listings

2018 Catalina, 26 ft travel trailer... Poor quality. First 12 months of owner ship: 1. Loose water clamp in bathroom flooded bathroom 2. Both propane hoses at the tanks leaked 3. Stove top igniter failed 4. Range hood fan failed 5. Water pump leaked ( Atris brand =Junk) 6. Black water plush hook-up stripped threads What the hell guys? 24k and all these problems? Get your act together Forest River.
- Jimmy, California

2019-12-29 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 293RLDS View Listings

Absolute trash service . We bought a bran new unit . Took it out once. Noticed many issues. Service center has had it 3 months saying parts have not arrived . Meanwhile I make payments on trash. How can you sell units as new in disrepair with what clearly is poor craftsmanship. Its saddens us that this unit has ruined a lifelong relationship with our car/R.V. dealership. Mostly minor issues but why not take care of your customers ? I would not reccomend buying anything made by whichever crap company makes the coachmen Catalina. I would be happy to share actual email responses we have upon request . Learn from our mistakes and save yourself the trouble . Unsure on my exact model as I've not had it in my possession long enough to remember . Catalina for sure .
- Damian Hensley , Oregon

2019-11-26 2018 Coachmen Catalina Trailblazer 26TH View Listings

Big thanks to Wendi and Thomas for getting us in this 2018 Travel trailer, Toy Hauler. I'm sure we have many great adventures awaiting us. Never owned a travel trailer before so there is a lot of unknowns and we hope that all are the unknowns are good. I couldn't give 5 stars across the board since we haven't been able to experience several of the things listed to be rated. However if all goes as well as the service we got at camping world I'm sure I'll be able to easily rate everything with 5 stars Thanks again to Wendi and Thomas.
- Donald Pierce, Ohio

2019-11-20 2020 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 333RETS View Listings

We purchased in August of this year, from the start we have had issues. First issue is the jack bent when we set it up, the sink and toilet have leaked, the pinstripes are starting to peel. We called the dealer to get the repairs done under warranty and are told we either have to bring it back to the dealer (6 hours away from where my husband is working) or pay for a repair person to come and hope to get reimbursed by the company. Very disappointed in the quality and lack of support on the warranty. I have emailed the company directly to see if they will honor the warranty as the dealer will not.
- Carol Ann Sellers, North Carolina

2019-09-21 2013 Coachmen Catalina Santara 252RLS View Listings

I totally agree with the review from Gloria, have owned multiply rv's and this one is the worse one ever, floor plan is horrible, no drawers, no counter space, cupboards doors knock you in the head every time you use them because of having no lathes to hold open, stabilization is horrible, can feel the dog (20 lbs) walking on the floor, bedroom window is a pull open or closed only and has to be open all the way or closed all the way, I think the design of this trailer must be from a man who didn't know what they were doing. ....trailer is maintained every 6 months and used very lightly each year due to using it at a lake for the summer, only gets moved about 10 miles each year, and it is staring to fall apart, license plate holder broke, rod to open and close blinds broke, hot water faucet in the kitchen fell off yesterday. Will be looking for a new trailer this winter and it will not be a Coachmen
- Emma, Colorado

2019-09-12 2012 Coachmen Catalina 30QBS View Listings

This is poorly constructed. Leaks , awning motor broke in no time . Trailer appealing spacious good layout but dont be fooled. Rubber roof also poor material. Ive tried everything done everything to ensure longevity of investments. Trailer leaks from day one.
- Rachel Ladouceur, Ontario

2019-09-02 2017 Coachmen Catalina Destination 39MKTS View Listings

Purchased new from Kamper City,Peninsula, Ohio. Complained about seals and water leaks since delivered. Never fixed b/c unable to find. Floor now damaged and nobody wants to fix cuz out of warranty. Had 2 QC inspections at plant & Corporate. Worst of 4 campers. Would never recommend dealer or Mfgr. Was sold a bill of goods by both at the IX Center RV show in Cleveland, Oh. Floor is spongy, bowed and bolts from under Flooring starting to protrude thru linoleum. This is strictly engineering and workmanship. Also had 4 windows that leaked Water. Dealer replaced 1 wiper seal under one 3 slideouts and wanted me to pay $300 cuz he said it wasn't warranty yet he was on site doing warranty work. He wouldn't honor insurance coverage that He sold me as bumper to bumper coverage. And this occurred after he replaced wiper seal. Response times were lengthy in between return trips, wrong parts ordered and lost. No communications to me on follow up calls. Owner obnoxious to deal with. Refused to do anymore cuz he says out of warranty now yet it was NEVER REPAIRED from the beginning when I placed Numerous Complaints about faulty seals and water leaks. I was told by Coachmen direct that after it passed plant QC that it would take an extra couple days but they would take unit to Corporate office and perform an additional QC inspection which they normally don't do but assurd me of nothing short of perfection. I was lied to by dealer about the"Platinum" insurance policy that I paid extra for and its coverage. When they replaced wiper seal they told me it wouldn't be covered by insurance. Several mos. later I spoke to Ins. Co. And was told they would have covered it. I have another seal on another slide out that is ripped like the first one. Something tips them up when they are extended and retracted. Trim moldings kept falling off walls, cabinets and ceiling. The Bed ble apart several times when sat on. I FINALLY had to fix problems by using screws and not stapling plywood panels. To say the least, I'm furious. I bought 4 trailers from Kamper city in the past. Three were Sportsmen and we were sold on better quality and workmanship if we bought Coachmen. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. 9/1/19
- Jack Glyde, Ohio

2019-08-23 2019 Coachmen Catalina Trail Blazer 26TH View Listings

I would never buy anything from coachmen again. The quality is horrible. The dealership I bought it from was looking at 2 different models at the same time and couldn't believe how they let it out of the manufacturer's plant. I like the overall style but hoping to get rid of it so i can better quality camper.
- Joseph hammond, Michigan

2019-08-13 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 293RLDS View Listings

Bought July 8th from dealership in Greenwood, South Carolina. We wanted to buy a reputable name, like Coachman, but now see why we shouldn't have. Starting with the small stuff first, the trimming throughout is done extremely poorly!!!! We have missing pieces and obviously done wrong in many places. The brand new refrigerator in a brand new vehicle didn't work on electric only on gas so we had to fix that first. Then the shower was improperly put in. Don't know who's fault that is. The electric hitch broke first day. Bought satellite TV which camper had two outlets outside n inside, none work!!! Sink stained immediately with normal things that go in sink. They make you think there is storage under sink with two cabinets but you open there is blockages on both side. Its unusable. No place for brooms, mop etc. Furnishings are very uncomfortable!!!! Front door doesn't stay closed. Pops open even when locked. We are very, very disappointed! Very unprofessional work done on this brand new recreational. Would never buy again!
- Kurt and Fran Johnson, South Carolina

2019-07-05 2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 283RKS View Listings

We fell in love with the spacious rear kitchen layout. In the year and half we’ve used it it’s been nothing but problems wondering what the next trip will show. So far the city water fill hose was never connected. The door comes open on its own even when locked. The door latching system doesn’t work. The seal on the slide has pulled off and wouldn’t stay in. And the latest the gfci in the bathroom is lit red but still works and last night the tv coaxial cable melted filling the camper with smoke. This is the big stuff but like others the trim around the floor was never finished. There is stuff under the flooring that will eventually wear a hole. The stabilizing jacks are flimsy. Not the quality we expected when buying a coachmen.
- Tammy Strouse, Pennsylvania

2019-06-07 2015 Coachmen Catalina 273TBS View Listings

Très confortable, avec des lits à trois étages pour les enfants. Le très grand slidder crée un espace qui permet la circulation de toute la famille. L'air conditionnée est très performante et le puissant chauffage permet d'étirer la saison. Very confortable. Three nice bunk beds for kids. The huge slidder makes lot of room to accomodate the whole family. AC capacity is more then enough and powerfull heating system allows to extend the season.
- Ghislain Gonthier, Quebec

2019-06-06 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 293RLDS View Listings

We just used our RV for the first time last week and we’re so excited to finally go camping. The first time we used the water we had a bad leak under the bathroom sink call the dealer where we purchased this unit and he sent someone over to make repairs. Then The shower starts leaking all out into the floor had the leak had filled up the underbelly of the camper and ruined all the insulation and soaked the floors. Repair man came out again and said that all the insulation would have to be removed under the camper because of mold and mildew and we would have to take it into the dealership for warranty work. I took it to the dealer as soon as we return he was very helpful and apologetic. He contacted the factory and documented with pictures and we’re still waiting to hear from them. This is a brand new camper the first time we used it and it is ruined. Also on the back where our slide out is There is a huge bulge coming out from the metal no clue as to what caused that. The way the beds are made and the shelving on each side you have to push yourself up into the bed and it’s too high off the floor . I’m 5 foot six and I can’t reach my hands all the way back into the cabinets over and around the bed. Very difficult to store your clothes when you can’t reach back to get them. I regret buying This unit and wish I would have chose something better made. I’ve only made one payment and I own a camper that is crap.
- Leslie Hughes, South Carolina

2019-05-09 2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS View Listings

I bought this trailer in May 2018. Everything seemed good at first. On our first rain fall we noticed our top bunk was wet. The window was installed upside down. Which allowed water to come in. The water works good but seems like there is water in the lines. After flushing the system many times problem still exists. As for the starlight package the awning doesn't always work with the inside buttons. If it wasn't for the remote we wouldn't have been able to get our awning in or out at times. Recently, May 2019, out trailer caught fire. This problem is still being determined but have yet to hear from coachmen. Apparently, and all I know so far is the 12 volt system has failed. The strange part is nothing in our breaker tripped. The only thing that happened was our ceiling lights flickered on and off then shut off and then smoke started pouring from under the trailer. The AC freezes if left on to long so it will shut off. the trailer is missing some trim they forgot as well This is all the bad I have with the trailer. As for the good: it fits 4 of us comfortably. It does the job for camping and it looks pretty. I have a 2018 coachmen Catalina legacy Edition 283dds
- Elaine Mwale, Ontario

2019-04-28 2015 Coachmen Catalina Deluxe Edition 263RLS View Listings

Sleeps 6 comfortably Private Bedroom with TV and door Large Living area with huge picture windows Comfortable Furniture, excellent condition, ez care Automatic Slide, Awning, Power Tongue Jack Tows great Extended Warranty available
- Tori Sciacca, South Carolina

2019-04-25 2016 Coachmen Catalina 323BHDSCK View Listings

Purchased a 2016 323BHDSCK. Spacious, nice looking unit. My family camps 4 times a year so it’s not overused. The issues start—— *The outdoor mini fridge quit working after year 1 *The bathroom sink began to leak *During an outing a shutoff under the kitchen sink blew and water filled the camper in the living area until it made its way out the slide opening (it looked like Niagara Falls) we did have a pressure reducer on *Water over the winter from outside made its way into the unit and froze and created an area of mold. * The fabric on top of the slides (on corners) made contact and the fabric split exposing the wood and allowing water into the slide walls *Now water made it into the front bedroom because of shotty sealant and damaged the interior wall (which is now buckled and soft) I contacted Coachmen and they said it’s out of warranty and nothing can be done. WAY TO STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT. I had my old unit a Dutchmen for 12 years and nothing ever leaked. ARE THESE UNITS MADE TO BE OUTSIDE???? IF SO, WHY IS SO MUCH WATER COMING IN?
- Ken Maney, Pennsylvania

2019-04-02 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 333RETS View Listings

Quite amazed at the cheap materials used and absolutely poor workmanship!!!! Once we stayed in it one day we realized it came with leaks lol!!! Twice supposedly fixed still leaks!!! Funny they claim its tested for leaks-yep they run water over the top not through the lines for using the camper lol!!!
- Jeannie, Georgia

2019-02-23 2019 Coachmen Catalina Legacy 293RLDS View Listings

the floor plan is great however the workmanship from the factory is terrible the frame is rusty you can see outside around the slide the floor is coming up seal under slide out is pieced together I haven't used the camper yet do not buy a coachman product
- Charles, Pennsylvania

2019-01-29 2017 Coachmen Catalina 263RLS View Listings

I f you want to travel in comfort, this RV has it. You can be totally self sufficient wherever you may go. We live in a 3000 sq ft home so this unit seemed a little small for us at times. We pulled this trailer w a Ford F150 with no problem. I am not a great driver when backing however, it takes practice.
- Richard Houle, Florida

2019-01-12 2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 333RETS View Listings

As an older couple looking for something comfortable, homey, and roomy, we bought this 2018 model new in December 2017 - and were very happy with the pricing, delivery, etc. from the Dealer. It was used as a local refreshing get-a-way, and our time when staying in it was an absolutely trouble-free and joyful experience. It is so cozy and relaxing sitting by that warm fireplace in cold weather.
- W Hagler, Alabama

Verified Owner

2018-12-15 1995 Coachmen Catalina 237RL View Listings

Found the RV to be well built. Best rating goes to the light weight and ease of pulling. For the size of trailer I don't think the floor plan could be improved. Reason for 5 star on manufacture support comes from no reason for contacting or using them so I would rather not rate the category.
- Winston Maberry, Texas

2018-08-27 2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS View Listings

Bought the trailer in May, brand new. Too it out in June, everything seemed ok. The door stuck some, we blamed it on being new. Rough cabinetry and leftover manufacturer debris, but easily cleaned up. Got it home, unloaded and noticed the slide out had caused deep scratches on the flooring. Then the trim came off and warped around the slide out frame. The door jammed so much I actually almost got stuck inside. Upon inspection seen the door itself was warped so bad it was tearing up the screen door frame. The keys were getting stuck in the lock, when it would lock. It often opened up even in the locked position. So back to the dealer, this is now mid July. 6 weeks later, the manufacturer still hasn't shipped the replacement floor because it is no longer available. So after our rep got immensely angry at them, they're sending a similar piece to patch the floor. This was after our rep threatened tho deliver our trailer back to them and have them replace the entirety floor, essentially going the trailer to reinstall new floor. The problem was the manufacturer left staples exposed under the slide, cause it to rip the flooring. It is 3 months old. Beautiful camper, ugly manufacturer.
- Gina, Kentucky

2018-08-20 2016 Coachmen Catalina 323BHDS View Listings

I've lived in this travel trailer for about 6 months and it's very functionable is very easy to pool it's very like when it comes to touch in the brakes and I'm able to pull it with the 2005 infinity QX56 suv. Is the biggest one that they make in a has to pop outs that make it convenient and roomy it also has upgraded stainless steel appliances faucets sink exciter a.
- David Gilley, Florida