Coachmen Apex RVs Reviews (17)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Coachmen Apex RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Mike from Georgia says:

Have you owned any Coachmen Apex RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Coachmen Apex 239RBS View Listings

Best little camper floor plan ever!!! For the 2 of us, it's the perfect size. Largest kitchen in a unit this size, great storage on the inside and outside. Easy towing. Awning the length of the camper offers excellent outdoor living space!
- Mike, Georgia

2019-11-02 2018 Coachmen Apex 300BHS View Listings

Very disappointed in the workmanship of the camper. The majority of the screws have come out of the walls. The door for the bunk room has come out of the ceiling. The door is way to heavy to be held up by. A Few screws. Both vents had to be replaced. One of them blew off and it rained. We had it in storage and did not know it. That was a mess. It’s out of warranty now. So will have to figure out something else for the door.
- Stacie Schaeffer , Georgia

2019-10-11 2018 Coachmen Apex 249RDS View Listings

Love the layout of our 2018 249RDS.Tows very well with our 2015f150.Had to replace mattress after not being able to sleep on even 1 night very uncomfortable. Need to fix paneling wall. Have not had to have anything majorly fixed on it. Overall very well built TT.
- Kat Lobato , Colorado

2019-09-16 2015 Coachmen Apex 215RBK View Listings

This is a compact couples trailer. The deep slide out gives great indoor space. We love the outdoor kitchen with sink. Storage is quite ample. It tows easily behind my 1/2 ton truck. The issues encountered in 4 years have been fairly minor. Replaced the vent cover in the bathroom. Replaced the fender skirt after it cracked during an exceptionally cold winter storage. Had to lubricate the sliding windows. No issue arose until it had been through 3 winters. Hard to beat features vs price point. The bed in this model year is a short queen. If your close to 6 ft or over look at the newer models as they went to a full queen later.
- John Algiers, Wisconsin

2019-08-29 2014 Coachmen Apex 22QBS View Listings

This is our 4th travel trailer and, by far, the best! (Priors were: Coleman, Jayco, Prowler, Casita.) We purchased the Apex used from owners who had cared for it well and were only "upgrading" due to a growing family. A perfect size for "livability" with strong aluminum wall/roof("walk on") framing while being small and light enough for relatively easy towing and maneuvering. It fits us (both physically and figuratively) for both primitive and full hook-up camping. Quality throughout seems very good. This is a keeper!
- Mc, North Carolina

2019-07-05 2018 Coachmen Apex 191RBS View Listings

Found another problem since our June 9 2019 trip. When we were coming home hit a bump which caused it to bounce. In inspecting the frame for rust I noticed a couple of the out riggers were bent behind the tires. Apparently when it bounced the tires caught the out riggers and bent them forward. I contacted Coachmen Service/Warranty person and sent him photos of the damaged parts. He said they were installed wrong. He tells me that he will send me a replacement and I'm to take it in to a weld shop to be fixed. My question is if mine is an isolated case or are all the same models are like this. This trailer, which I haven't found out what day it was built continues to have issues after issues ever since January 2018. All the company does is send parts for me to fix. I feel this thing needs to be on their time to get fixed.
- Robert, Washington

2019-06-12 2018 Coachmen Apex 191RBS View Listings

Last year I wrote review on this trailer and since owning for over a year now things haven't changed. Our first time camping (June 9th for one night) things started out fine until the next morning. First of all the mattress they put into these trailers are not much more than sleeping on the ground in a tent. So in saying this I decided to make the dinette into a bed and use it to sleep. The next morning came and when I went to get up everything went boom. One of the strips of wood that holds the table top broke and I went down avoiding getting scratched by the now exposed screw. Last year a lot of the cabinets were falling apart and now this. I don't want to challenge what is next. I pay over $21000 for this trailer and was hoping it would be easy to use (I was wrong). This latest thing I'm going to repair it myself. There is no time to take it in for repairs because we will be going camping again in less than a month. Like I said before I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I had a 2002 Chalet for 14 years and never had problems like this.
- Robert Zink, Washington

2019-03-29 2011 Coachmen Apex 17REX View Listings

This camper is perfect for couples or a family. The layout is ideal, good use of space and all the modern conveniences of home! Extremely easy to tow, ample storage, two queen bedrooms. Open, modern floorplan.
- Theresa, New York

2018-12-10 2018 Coachmen Apex 191RBS View Listings

We are new to RVing and when our Apex needed repair work done we received excellent care from the Service and Parts Department at [dealer], Ellwood City, PA. Thanks for helping us and work well done.
- Bill, Pennsylvania

2018-08-31 2018 Coachmen Apex 191RBS View Listings

I was looking for easy set up trailer. Before I got this one I had a little tent type trailer and after less than one year found it hard to set up and put away due to design. So I did my research (or so I thought I did). I found out at the time a trailer that fit my needs. All you have to do is level it and put the jacks down and hook up water etc. I've had this trailer about 8 months and in this time (make note it is a 2018) the trim inside the trailer as well as some of the cabinets are coming apart. Most of which are stapled together similar to lesser quality furniture at big box stores. This trailer was about $22,000 new. As for towing it has been the worst experience I've ever had in towing a trailer. When I purchased it they put one of sway bar things that you have to remove when backing up. It still swayed going down the road. Then I had another style sway control put on the the trailer but it continued to sway with some very uncomfortable times (white knuckle). My tow vehicle a 2017 Chevy Colorado with a 2.8 Liter diesel. In the past I had a fiberglass pop up trailer 18 foot long loaded with water propane battery and all the camping didn't need sway control because it n ever swayed. I feel they could have done better at making a descent trailer that would actually last longer than this one is. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
- Robert Zink, Washington

2018-08-19 2018 Coachmen Apex 265RBSS View Listings

I absolutely love the floor plan the layout and the design of this camper but the quality of the structure and integrity of it is very poor I have only only camper 4 to 5 months and things started going wrong. The sinks were leaking because they were never screwed on all the way at manufacturing being a first owner of this camper and it was brand new off the lot.
- Chloe W, Michigan

2017-12-10 2017 Coachmen Apex 300BHS View Listings

After months of research, weighing out pros and cons, needs and wants, and deciding on the best quality for the cost, our family chose the Apex Ultra-lite and have absolutely enjoyed this spacious floor-plan with elegant, upscale interior and luxurious comfort. Finally a brand with design intelligence. (Why don't most RV Brands make better interior selections, yikes! The colors, patterns, decor, et cetera are so outdated for most brands.) We are happy campers indeed and have had no issues, besides wallpaper bubbling in some spots which was a quick fix. It's long, but easy to tow to the dunes or camping without even having a diesel truck. If you are reading reviews, like I did before this purchase, and you are trying to decide...DO IT! We love this classy big lite rig for the whole family!
- Michelle C., California

2017-09-16 2018 Coachmen Apex 24LE View Listings

Everything we wanted, lite weight towes great, we are very happy with it. The quality is very good. Our other trailer by another manufacture was poor 1to 10 I would rate it 1 !! We had it back to the dealer 8 times.. The Apex we have not had any issues so far, we used it all summer, we had it since June.
- John Armano, New Jersey

2017-05-07 2012 Coachmen Apex 189FBS View Listings

This RV has all we were looking for in a small RV for two. Queen Bed, Full size sink, Three burners on stove, Large Refrigerator, Shower without tub and Outdoor Shower! It is also lightweight enough to pull with an SUV!
- Donna Hansen, Texas

2015-03-01 2014 Coachmen Apex 22QBS View Listings

Just right for the two of us! Abundant storage space, great kitchen. Love the flexibility of stand-alone table. Easy towing with our F-150. We did replace the mattress with a pillowtop as the original one just wasn't comfy.
- Jennifer Fuller, Minnesota

2015-02-07 2014 Coachmen Apex 249RBS View Listings

Been a horrible experience! So many things have broken on this camper for the price we paid!!
- Marilyn Cook, West Virginia

2014-11-19 2015 Coachmen Apex 214RB View Listings

Great travel trailer, like new
- Brad , Michigan