Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dan from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2021 Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus 17BH View Listings

Likes: - Basically has everything you need and nothing you don't. It's very simple and laid out pretty well. - The main bed is spacious as are the bunks. - The furnace kept us pretty warm on a night that was about 35 degrees F and is fairly quiet. It does make a click noise and the blower can be a little loud especially when the outdoors are super quiet. - It's lightweight so easy to pull with a mid-size truck or SUV. Dislikes: - After going on a light washboard road - barely off-roading, the fridge door fell off its hinges. Strangely enough, the hinges were still on so we are unsure of how it fell off. A light also popped off but was easy to put back on. Makes us wonder how good of an off-road capable trailer this is. - We consistently see particle board dust on the floors after a drive telling us the walls and cabinets shift a lot during travel and may be wearing away/down. - We did see a cut wire on the floor in the middle of some dust and have no idea where that came from. - The warranty is not transferrable after selling. - A water heater bypass would be nice. - The level jacks start to fall while driving. - Could use more windows and/or natural light. - One of the arms to make the couch fall down to a bed broke off of the particle board, however still works.
- Dan, Colorado

2021-07-05 2021 Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus 15FK View Listings

Bought it on a Friday and took it straight out for the weekend. The good is it tows great, plenty of room for me and my GF. A/C blow ungodly cold!! Love the outside hook up for my cook stove!! Out door shower is a good feature! Now the bad, the toilet had a small leak, and the caulking is poor quality.. the cabinets are poorly made and a door fell off. The fan in the ceiling also broke while driving down road..I am enjoying the camper overall and the dealship I bought it at has a lifetime warranty… I’d but it again!!
- Bo Blevins, Kansas

2021-07-02 2021 Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus 15FK View Listings

Bought my trailer New in May 2021. I have not used it yet but have spent several hours preparing it for my first voyage. So far I like it but have some suggested changes/fixes: 1. Coated the underside of trailer with black FlexSeal. 2. Moved propane quick-connect valve so hose under trailer was not stretched and bent. 3. Supported propane hose with wire so it does not flop when driving. 4. Fixed kinked water hose near water heater tank inside. 5. Added screens to the outside of the two plastic side vent covers so wasps do not enter (used screen door material and FlexSeal). 6. Added a fuel gage to the propane tank. 7. Freshwater tank drain valve was left open. Be sure to close it before filling the tank. 8. Made a freshwater tank filler tube like the ones you can buy online. Hard to fill the tank without it. 9. Added a rear view wireless camera to see behind me while driving. 10. Bought longer black water dump hose with caps at Walmart. 11. Bought side view mirror extensions online. 12. Bought RV water filter and longer white drinking water hose. 13. Plugged hole in floor near pump with a strainer from a lawn sprinkler. Wasps would easily find this hole. 14. Pressurized system with city water first to purge air in lines and hot water tank. Then used pump to verify all is working for dry camping. After using the pump for 10-15 minutes, I cleaned out the filter on the suction side of the pump. It was quite dirty. Maybe from junk in the freshwater tank. 15. If the pump in the trailer will not prime, you can use the short suction hose for introducing anti-freeze. To prime the pump: Make sure the freshwater tank has water in it. Stick the end of this short hose in a small bucket of water, open the valve at the tee in the hose and turn the pump on for a few seconds. The pump will suck the water out of the bucket. Stop the pump before the water in the bucket is gone. Turn the valve back so the pump can suck from the freshwater tank. 16. There are two check valves in the freshwater system to prevent 1) city water from entering the freshwater tank and 2) freshwater tank water from exiting the city water inlet. If either of these valves plug or stick open you will have trouble with your water supply. 17. A manual for the trailer to address and further explain these points would be nice. 18. I did not get a cover for my stovetop. The description online talks about a cover. 19. I needed help with filling the freshwater tank. The dealer Happy Camper in Caldwell Idaho said he was busy for 3 weeks. He asked if I needed it sooner and I said no. I figured out the problem and cancelled the appointment. I think he could have taken a quick look at it. A manual would also help make trouble shooting easier. I am not too happy with the service after purchase. 20. I noticed the leveling jacks are only on the rear of the trailer. 21. Would I buy this trailer again? I think I would consider another manufacturer or ask the dealer to address all my points above. Also a pop up tent trailer would allow me to see over the top and put my kayak on top but would add a few minutes to the set-up. I am pulling the trailer with a 2021 Toyota 4Runner.
- Hal Kenyon, Idaho

2021-06-21 2021 Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus 17BH View Listings

Absolutely horrible build quality. Shower door leaks due to incorrect installation of shower door. Will have to remove and re-install correctly. Had to re-caulk the majority of the shower. Toilet water inlet leaked due to breaking as the hole for the hose was too high, putting too much stress on the inlet connection. Cabinets are poorly stapled together with no wood glue to keep them in place, so the dinette is falling apart. The hot water heater shut off valve is behind a panel that’s held in place by two screws that weren’t put in right the first way. The drain pipe for the sink was loose and leaking until I repaired that. Air conditioner leaked water into the inside until modifying the cover on the air conditioner. It’s been such a huge pain, I intend on plastering huge warnings on our camper to warn anyone who might think about making the mistake of buying one of these.
- Durandal Roland, Arkansas

2021-06-16 2021 Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus 17FD View Listings

The Bushwhacker Plus is a great towing trailer, I have managed it on my own. Love the layout with the bed in the back. When boondocking being self contained is a plus! For a first time trailer owner this was the best one for me!
- Dorothy J DeCuir, Washington

2021-05-28 2021 Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus 17BH View Listings

From day one we have come across countless issues with our bushwhacker plus. The quality of manufacturing is very poor. Our first weekend out in the trailer a small metal clip holding up the plumbing snapped, causing all the black water pipes to rip out while driving down the road, along with what was in the black water tank.. There was a leak from the hot water tank, the burner on the stove somehow melted, and the speakers for the media system crackle. After taking the trailer in for warranty work, we are 6 months in with barely a response from Braxton Creek. The repair place that deals with them regularly says they are always like this and drag out the warranty process as long as possible and try to deny all claims. We paid out of pocket to get the plumbing fixed for now and when we went out on the second trip with the trailer the fridge stopped working and the AC does not blow cold air. If you are thinking of purchasing anything from Braxton Creek I strongly suggest going with ANYONE else. They are a horrible company and you will get no support from them.
- Sean Heinecke, Nevada

2021-05-10 2021 Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus 15FK View Listings

We purchased this in October 2020 just in time to winterize it for the season. We slept in it at home a couple of nights to try it out and found the bed cushions were very insufficient for a comfortable sleep. We added 3" memory foam mattresses. The furnace made a terrible clatter like the fan was banging against the housing. We called the dealership who said it would have to be returned for warranty service - 300 miles one way! We finally got Braxton Creek to approve repairs by a local RV dealer and we got reimbursed. We had the unit out for the first trip this weekend and the table support which holds the socket fell off the first night. It was only held on with staples driven about 1/4 inch! We called for warranty service and again were told we would have to take it to a BK dealer - the closest is 120 miles away. So much for warranty work and the promise by Braxton Creek to treat you as family. It does eat up gas mileage due to wind resistance and the black water tank does not hold more than 3 days use for two people. Not great if you are not in a full hookup campground. I cannot say I regret the purchase, but the workmanship worries me! The warranty seems like it is BS!
- John Dwyer, New Jersey

2021-05-09 2021 Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus 17BH View Listings

I bought a new 2021 Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus 17FD. I would like to know if you have any major leak problems on the roof or everywhere. I saw comments regarding massive roof leaks on a 2021 bushwhacker plus 17BH which is the same exterior design. I would like to receive yours comments. Marcel,Quebec,Canada
- Marcel Legare, Quebec

2021-04-01 2021 Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus 17BH View Listings

The worst Hotel I have ever been, Claudia from the front desk was racist and out of control just for asking her for our gratuity bottle, she called the poice, and kick me and my friends out of the hotel. Of course the police apoligize with us. Never stay here, Marriot Bonvoy is incredible to let this happen.
- Fernado Saracho, Florida

2021-02-22 2021 Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus 17BH View Listings

Love this unit ... small but sleeps a family of 5 or 4 adults ... finding a dealer that will cover warrantee items is a challange ... i had a local RV repair company do some warrantee work that the Mfg agreed to pay .... overall, i would buy it again !
- Robert Barnard, Florida

2021-02-12 2021 Braxton Creek Bushwhacker Plus 17BH View Listings

Bought this model for the bunk beds. I wanted sleeping options. The price is about as good as I could find. For the price it seems to be comparatively well built. Not top of the line but definitely not as crappy as I have seen. First day the table top fell off its base. It was attached to a piece of plywood which was attached to the metal base. The staples used only went into table top about 1/4 inch. There were about a dozen staples but still not enough to keep it from flipping off. Easy fix though. Not as aerodynamic as I expected (which is why I chose the shape) for a 3k# trailer. It uses up about 7 or 8 of my mpg out of 20. If you are taller than 67” tall it is going to be a challenge especially in the shower and doorway. The allowed payload is only about 500# depending on how much water you carry which is ok. Something going on with the wiring of the ceiling fan and ceiling leds. Some crazy flashing and mishaps going on there??? Heater fan makes a little squirrely noise upon start up. THE WORST and the reason for the 3 stars is a massive roof leak. So far, the manufacturer is handling the warranty work so I am hoping it will all come out of the wash. If it weren’t for the manufacturer defect i would give it at least 4 stars or 4.5. No regrets just shouldn’t have to go through it with a brand new trailer. If it doesn’t go well I will be back to update.
- Barbara Seese, Louisiana