Beaver Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (40)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Beaver Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Neil Williams from British Columbia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 1999 Beaver Marquis Jasper View Listings

We purchased this coach in 2012. We have loved it and regret having to let it go. We averaged 9.2 MPG and it is a pleasure to drive with the 8 airbag suspension. 1550 ft lbs of torque give us effortless towing and the 2 stage Jacobs Brake will maintain a steady speed on a 6% grade with the toad. Livability is excellent with the coach having residential grade appliances, lighting and space.
- Neil Williams, British Columbia

2020-08-12 2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton View Listings

THIS IS THE BEST LOOKING COACH/BUS EVER, GET COMPLIMENTS EVERY WHERE I DRIVE IT. IT'S SO WOODY AND CLASSIC, EVERYONE LOVES IT. PULLS LIKE AN ELEPHANT, NOTHING SLOWS IT DOWN! NICE TURBO WHISTLE, GRUNTS AND SCREAMS!TOO BAD BEAVER WENT OUT OF BUSINESS, BUT WHAT A CLASSIC!
- TOMMY BLAIR, Florida

2020-07-21 2005 Beaver Santiam 38PDQ View Listings

A great rv but maybe a couple k too much for the year. Everything in the description is correct. Drives great. There is no factory warranty and support would be a question mark that's why the 3 stars. The owner was very transparent with all that wasn't perfect with it.
- ralph dobler, Iowa

2020-07-09 2008 Beaver Contessa Westport View Listings

I love the way that it rides, the air suspension is so smooth,. It's also great for self-leveling. I have owned one of these for the last two years. There's three cameras that make driving a lot easier.
- Bernie j Urbanek, Utah

2020-06-17 2008 Beaver Contessa Westport View Listings

I love everything about this unit. The woodwork is beautiful. It handles well and easily for a 43 ft Rv. I have owned a gas class A rv and the power of this diesel is much, much better even though my class a gas rv was only 34 ft long.
- Bernie, Utah

2020-06-05 2004 Beaver Monterey Newport View Listings

We have lived full time in our 2004 Beaver Monterey, Newport since we purchased it in 2011. We have traveled the lower 48 states crossing the country twice going North in the summer and South in the winter. We truly love this coach. Beaver made a quality coach and it shows in the workmanship. The coach has held up well and isn't showing it's age. We have no difficulty staying in RV parks that have RV age restrictions as long as the park allows for variations from the policy. We receive compliments on the coach's appearance. The pocket doors separating the mid coach bathroom from the living room and bedroom improve the livability of the coach creating privacy when needed. The only weakness is the width of the lowest (first) step entering the coach. You have to pay attention. Driving the coach requires some skill that is obtained through experience. It is not the family car so it takes some time to fell comfortable driving it. The greatest challenge are the other drivers on the road. We tow a Chevy Equinox. If we didn't have the backup camera, we would never know the car is there. While the manufacturing company has gone out of business, Monaco offers support for the coach so some replacement parts are available.
- Steve Brown, Oregon

2020-05-18 2008 Beaver Contessa Westport View Listings

It is an excellent RV. The air ride is amazing. This is the third rv that we have owned in the last four years and it’s by far the best. It has three rear facing cameras which makes it easier to drive.
- Bernie , Utah

2020-04-17 2004 Beaver Marquis Garnet View Listings

This motorhome has been a joy to own, drive, and camp in! As with any motorhome, they require constant maintenance and expenses. There’s a lot to go wrong, but that’s part of ownership. Beaver is known for their quality in the woodwork and attention to detail. It has the Cat engine which is smooth and powerful even pulling my 24 foot shop on wheels. Would I recommend Beaver to anyone looking for a nice rig - absolutely! You will be very happy.
- Siuco, British Columbia

2020-04-15 2004 Beaver Monterey Carmel View Listings

I owned the same coach for years, Well made with quality. Best engine / transmission you can get in a 40ft coach. I owned mine for over 8 years before I had to sale, but I wish I kept it. The resale value is great too.
- John Stevens, Arizona

2020-03-17 2005 Beaver Monterey Montclair View Listings

We bought it being the 3rd owner. It is very roomy, set up nice. Not the most luxurious models but still very nice inside. Definitely could use a dishwasher for everyday living like we do. Still get many nice comments.
- Sarah , Florida

2019-12-18 1996 Beaver Patriot 37 View Listings

Beavers are a Very well built motorhome the cabintery is the best I have seen in a motorhome they do not make them as good any more very good paint the only problem I had with this motorhome is the windows got seal creep
- David Albert, California

2019-12-12 2001 Beaver Patriot Thunder Monticello View Listings

I've driven quite a few RVs and considerable time behind the wheel of an entertainer coach. Not until I drove a beaver did I find anything that came close to an entertainer coach. Everything i drove was way under powered,300 hp or less. Then I found the Patriot thunder by beaver motor coach. Lots of power and quality built into these rigs. Cabinets are second to none, aqua hot is amazing, so nice to take long showers without running out of water. Big holding tanks allow you to go days without dumping. Solid ride going down he road and easy to drive. These rigs are built to be driven and used, you'll never Ware it out.
- Dan Gilbert, Idaho

2019-12-11 2004 Beaver Patriot Thunder Wilmington View Listings

This rv has a certain presence when pulling in a state park the sound of a 505 hp cat with the over all presence of this motor home gets a lot of looks and compliments.This is very very comfortable motor home to travel in and live in.They just dont build motor homes like this any more unless you put out really big bucks like 750,000 and up.
- herbiehardman, Washington

2019-09-25 2008 Beaver Contessa Pacifica View Listings

Our coach is the most beautiful home on wheels that we have owned. We have owned several but not as spacious, comfortable and elegant as this one. The floors are getting make over. It's time. Pictures to follow.
- Michele Young, Florida

2019-07-01 2003 Beaver Marquis Ruby View Listings

I love my RV. Great power and Handling in its 42 ft length. We haven’t found any year newer that improves on its livability or Beautiful wood work. I also love the classic functionality of the switches. I’ve updated the windshield, headlights, and driving lights.
- Howsrd, Florida

2019-05-01 2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder Wilmington QS View Listings

This Rv is like no other. They don't build them like this any more. The craftsmanship is superior. It's solid wood cabinets with the burl inlay. The shower is a very comfortable size. All the amineties and having the Aqua hot system really makes it worth it. It drives like a charm. This bus wants to be on the road and it moves better than any diesel. It's a 525hp caterpillar diesel pusher and it performs like one. It goes up the inclines just like this coach was made to do. I have passed other coaches and big rig trucks trying to struggle on inclines. You can touch a button and down shift and down shift again to really push on an incline. The driver and passenger seats are VERY comfortable. This coach has a kitchen island which is very nice to have. All four drawers are conveniently located in the island. Makes great for preparing food. The led lighting and indirect lighting sets a beautiful scene. Whenever we would have guests step foot on our coach they would always say how beautiful and classy and different it is. It's not predictable like other coaches. It has a real china toilet that you hand flush and not a foot pedal. The microwave/convection oven gives you versatility for cooking. The two bathroom sinks are super. I get one and my husband gets one. The new bed is heaven. I love the lighted mirrored bedroom slide closet. The storage on this coach is more than I need. (well that's a lot coming from a woman). The storage underneath is huge. We took a trip back to the midwest and we had everything we needed to live. All the extra cords, and hoses for hookup was perfect if we needed them. We feel this is a unique coach and is a traveling one. Truly a full live aboard rolling home. It has been maintained mechanically, clean and low mileage waiting to be on the road.
- Genevieve Dew, Nevada

2019-04-19 2006 Beaver Marquis Jade View Listings

Great coach, selling as my age is getting up there. Prettious coach out there Inside and out 525 hp no problem on. Hill's and no set to fuss with
- Vern, Oregon

2019-04-14 2006 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV View Listings

We love our Beaver Mont Laguna IV. It drives like a charm and is very comfortable to live in. We have spent as much a 3 months in it and it was breeze. The washer and dryer and residential refrigerator make it feel like home. What also makes it a cut above is the cherry wood cabinets and solid wood doors. It feels like a house on wheels. You can't go wrong with a Beaver.
- Michael J Meehan, Arizona

2018-11-06 2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder Winchester View Listings

Beaver has a mythical reputation among RV enthusiasts; after owning one, I partially agree. Afterall, it is just a big Monaco with a reliable but tremendously thirsty engine. But, the Canadian coach builder knocked it out of the park, interior-wise. The inside of a Beaver rivals any Country Coach offering with its warm and rich woodwork. Another thing I like is the steel cage enclosing the cabin. I sleep in the back while the spousal unit drives assured that a mishap will not result in the roadside confetti seen in the wake of conventional RV wrecks. A friend brings his Newmar Essex to my shop for maintenance play-days. Slam the door of his, and the entire side shudders. Do the same thing on my Patriot, and it is like closing the door of an office building. Don't for a minute believe that owning a Patriot Thunder somehow relieves one of the responsiblity associated with caring for and feeding a large rig; but, it represents a unique opportunity to attain ForeTravel luxury at a fraction of the acquisition cost.
- Norris Shane, Texas

2018-07-28 2003 Beaver Marquis Emerald View Listings

The Marquis is Beaver's top of the line coach. The first thing you notice when you walk in is the beautiful woodwork; it is higher quality than most residences. Durable wool carpets, padded wall coverings, and solid surface countertops add to the ambience. The drivetrain is awesome, with heavy duty components and enough power to pass trucks going uphill. The support systems are excellently including a diesel boiler for heat and hot water, three air conditioner/heat pumps, a big diesel generator, and 3 kW pure sine wave inverter. The diesel boiler also allows engine preheat without plugging in to get started on cold winter days. The automatic leveling system is very good. Beaver's are well insulated and very quiet inside so that you don't have to hear what your campground neighbor is doing. The floor plan is designed for long-term living by 2 people. It isn't well set up for family tours around the country. A few things that could be improved: The light switches are located in odd locations and the entertainment system is a bit convoluted. It can take a while for the electrical system to switch modes (batteries to generator or shower power).
- Bob, Idaho

2018-07-18 2000 Beaver Monterey Trinidad View Listings

This rv is a true pleasure to travel in and drive.while it will sleep four it travels very nicely with two. Ample rage with 100 gallons of fuel. And 100 gal of fresh water will keep you fresh. The propane capacity is 40 gallons and will get you a few months down the road. There I good natural lighting with windows all around producing a light and airey feeling. The maintenance has been reasonable, the Cat engine and Allison transmission are a great combination. Beaver is a great brand and very well made with all solid woodconstruction.
- John W Stockamp, Washington

2018-05-13 2006 Beaver Patriot Thunder Saratoga View Listings

This Class A has been amazing for us. Floorplan is like no other in a Class A. We looked for 3 yrs before we found this Beaver, the only reason we're selling is because we are now Camp Host and we are sitting for long periods of time and this beauty needs to roll. We have kept it maintained even when we sit, it gets run every 7-10 days to keep everything operational and we even take in to a service shop and let them go through it from top to bottom & one end to the other. We have lived & traveled in it for 2 1/2 yrs now and it has been very comfortable. There's tons of storage as well. No cracks or chips in the windshield, we also have it washed & waxed at least 2-3 times a year at a minimum, sometimes more. It has a fiberglass roof and a Dish Net satellite on top. Everything on the unit is in great working condition and we will have it serviced before it leaves us.
- Michele Brown, Tennessee

2017-11-04 1998 Beaver Patriot Ticonderoga View Listings

I love the Beaver. I did a lot of research before I purchased. Fortunately I am mechanically inclined so most of the issues I have had, I have repaired myself. The Beaver sales co. in Bend Oregon have many of the old Beaver employees and have been helpful, plus I have been able to download a lot of drawings and manuals.
- Richard Good, Montana

2017-10-06 2003 Beaver Contessa Tuscanny View Listings

This is a great coach, full of class, low upkeep great road ride. High end interiors. Lots of storage inside and out. Large kitchen area, This model has two bathroom sink areas, one in the toilet area and a separate area for all other needs.
- Brian DONNACHIE, Texas

2017-08-03 2006 Beaver Monterey Huntington View Listings

The manufacturer of Beaver is no longer in Business but the form required a rating. I based it on a great shop in Bend, Oregon that specializes in the Beaver RV. We first used the Beaver for vacations but then lived in it full time. It had plenty of storage and with 4 slides is very spacious. It was our third RV and definitely the best in every way - appearance, quality, drivability, and comfortable for traveling and living
- Susan Broetje, Idaho