American Coach American Eagle

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with American Coach American Eagle RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Dave Hopcroft from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 American Coach American Eagle 45A View Listings

Potentially a great coach. Just be very, very careful of the sharp practices and slippery language used by the manufacturer. We purchased our Eagle 45A new - and when it was in an American Coach regional service center - a American Coach employed technician told me the air-mattress (in the sleeper sofa) was missing. When I contacted American Coach to request an air-mattress (since air-mattress is shown as standard equipment in ALL Eagle models) they told me they can substitute anything they want without telling me I thought this was appalling - they said they have small-print on the back page of their brochure that states they can change anything they want without notice... I looked - it’s there - in VERY SMALL-PRINT This is the nastiest form of bait-and-switch It’s imposdible to check everything prior to delivery (they might substitute the 150 gallon diesel tank and put in a 75 gallon tank - how could you check that before delivery?) So it boils down to trust - as consumers - we have to trust what reputable manufactures list/say/offfer American Coach has demonstrated that it cannot be trusted I would NEVER BUY AN AMERICAN COACH !!!!
- Dave Hopcroft, Colorado

2021-09-02 2020 American Coach American Eagle 45K View Listings

This week marks the 1 year anniversary since my wife and I bought a brand new 2020 American Coach Eagle 45k, and for the first time in 11 years of owning a motorcoach, we are unable to travel this way for vacation. The culprit, the very 2020 AC Eagle we had so eagerly anticipated owning one day. Almost from the moment we drove off the dealer's lot we began to experience problems. The list of problems would soon balloon to over 200 issues. These problems are so extensive and significant that that our local American Coach dealer, General RV, declined to make any warranty repairs, instead advised us to seek repairs directly from the manufacturer. So we waited 2 months for our service appointment at the REV Service Center in Decatur IN. Our coach was being repaired at the service center for nearly 6 months. REV generated over 112 pages of service orders for the warranty work they claim to have performed during this time. Their inability to make the necessary and lasting repairs prompted REV's vice-president of service to offer us either a new replacement coach or to outright refund the cost of the coach, as a resolution to all the problems we experienced with our coach. He directed us to remove all our personal belongings from the coach and to leave the coach and keys with their service center. A few weeks passed without word from REV's vice-president of service, so we called him for an update on the agreed resolution. My wife and I were dumbfounded when he told us that he was rescinding their offer for buy back or replacement and that the coach was once again in for repairs and would be ready for pickup in the next few weeks. When the coach was finally released back to us from the service center, almost all of the major problems were not resolved and many new problems became evident, the result of the careless attention afforded our coach while in the care of the service center. We are appalled at how poorly built this AC Eagle is, especially since it is the flagship coach of the REV RV family: American Coach, Fleetwood, and Holiday Rambler. Regardless of what someone pays for their RV, each owner should expect that their RV was built to the highest standard, ensuring years of enjoyable travels. Currently since REV has failed to make satisfactory repairs, we have hired an attorney seeking resolution for the magnitude of problems that plague this "lemon" of a coach. Unfortunately, the legal process for this case can be quite lengthy, in essence saddling us with a $775,000 paper weight in our driveway for the foreseeable future. To make matters worse, REV delayed complying with the court's deadline for disclosure during the initial discovery period. It is my opinion, that REV is determined to drag this case out as long as possible, in an effort to inflict as much financial and emotional hardship upon our family; after all they've already 'cashed the check' from this sale. My suspicion also is, that REV is treating us in the manner they are, because I'm a truck driver and our resources are limited. I wonder if they would treat Helio Castroneves with the same disregard they have shown us? In my next post I will outline details of the problems with our coach and disclose how REV was aware of these issues while the coach was being built in Decatur. Their Pre Delivery Inspection report (PDI) indicates many of the same problems with the coach that we brought to their attention after the sale. I will gladly speak with anyone who reaches out to me about specific problems with our coach. #REV #REVRVgroup #HelioCastroneves #AmericanCoach #Fleetwood #HolidayRambler #RV #Motorhome #motorcoach
- Paul Nicinski, Illinois

2021-08-16 2004 American Coach American Eagle 42R View Listings

Please share details and the story of this unit please? Any issues with it? Please send more pictures interior, any flaws etc. What heater does it have? Heated floors? Electric cord reel? Aqua system? King bed?
- Jim Wiebe, Alberta

2021-06-29 2020 American Coach American Eagle View Listings

The American Eagle has landed. Our 2020 Eagle is the best by far driving and reliable. We live aboard travel etc. We’ve had a few issues getting the bugs worked out the 1 st year. REV has been great support to us. Can’t go wrong with the Liberty Frame from Freightliner 605 hp. Awesome power.
- Kat , Kentucky

2021-06-29 2020 American Coach American Eagle 45K View Listings

What a great turn-a-round for the American Eagle. Wow it’s back ! I have a 2020. Few bugs to work through when we 1st purchased it from Motor Home Specialist. Certainly not impressed with them at all. However the support from REV is great. Great response time. Great support. This so the best absolute driving Class A I’ve driven. Power is there 605 hp is a beast. This coach will go faster than you dare. Thanks REV. Rocky Motor Home Specialist in Alvarado Texas Sucks especially BUCK don’t attempt to buy anything from that !
- Rocky Bader, Texas

2021-06-16 2020 American Coach American Eagle 45K View Listings

AWESOME EXPERIENCE REV GROUP Do Not Scream Threaten or use Foul Language with REV Group they are to help I Promise! I never raised my voice, I explained to Steve I only wanted what I had purchased, wanted it to work as it should
- John Rochford, Florida

2020-09-06 2008 American Coach American Eagle 42F View Listings

This is a wonderful coach. We love the build quality, and the layout. We have been in weather from 15F to 112F, coach performed good. The heated floors and Aqua-Hot are great. Warm floors for the feet, and unlimited hot water for showers.
- Glenn R, Texas

2019-01-18 2009 American Coach American Eagle 42P View Listings

This rig is very large width wise and very comfortable to live in and drive. It has every convenience possible even an electric dump. It is very easy to set up once you are partked since it has both hydraulic and air leveling systems. We tow a Jeep grand Cherokee and you don’t even know it’s behind the motorhome. With 500 HP you can go up the hills easily and two engine brakes makes dissent trouble free. If you call American coach and give them the Vin number they are more than glad to help you and send any part you may need.
- Brenda DiPanfilo, Arizona

2017-07-26 2009 American Coach American Eagle 42P View Listings

This is one of the best coaches on the road! From the look inside and out and the drive ! Great job from American Coach ! I will be continuting to own American Coach just because they have the best coach on the road
- Robbie, Florida

2017-04-03 2002 American Coach American Eagle 40Q View Listings

I have owned this coach for 4 years. We have spent the last two summers on the road in it with no issues. It has 100000 miles on a Spartan chassis that is designed for a million. Does not use one drop of oil, no leaks of any kind. Engine, transmission and entire drive train in excellent condition. Air ride with plenty of power. We towed a 4 door Jeep Rubicon with ease. Interior is roomy and has all the high end comforts of a top of the line coach. Plenty of storage inside and underneath in the full basement. Truly road and live in ready. Solid wood cabinets, tiled kitchen, laminate flooring and corian counter tops. New this cost over $300000. Amazing deal at this price.
- Joe, Arizona

2016-02-12 2009 American Coach American Eagle 42P View Listings

This American Eagle is the third motorcoach that we have owned in the last sixteen years. The first two were County Coach Intrigues, which were extremely high end quality coaches. We switched to the American Eagle when CC sold out and the company developed financial problems. The Eagle is equal in high end hardware and overall quality. Factory support is strong and accommodating. The Eagle's full wall slide, along with the largest width slide outs make the Eagle very spacious and more livable.
- Jihn mattingly, Maryland

2015-10-20 2001 American Coach American Eagle 40EVS View Listings

Very high quality coach. Wonderful chassis. One of the best.
- Alan, Illinois

2015-01-11 2010 American Coach American Eagle 45B View Listings

Extremely roomy, quality appointments, sufficient power and towing capacity.
- Ed Medders , Illinois

2014-12-29 2005 American Coach American Eagle 40V View Listings

Purchased this coach new in 2005 and have immensely enjoyed traveling the USA and Canada in the luxury of a well equipped coach. Many people have commented on the beauty and how attractive this coach is inside and out. The manufactures factory support has been and still is outstanding.
- Lloyd, Maryland

2014-12-15 2005 American Coach American Eagle 40W View Listings

I love this model of the American Coach. It is a nicely equipped coach with alot of high end qualities. Perfect for a couple but not so for a family if you a space person like myself (that's not to say the coach is not spacious). I am not a fulltimer, i use the coach yearly about 5-7k miles for vacations, weekend get-aways and tailgating during football season. American Coach have a owners group that you can join that is second to none when it comes to addressing problems and information on a broad array of topics as it relates to these coaches.
- Chester L. Toney Jr., Alabama

2014-10-30 1998 American Coach American Eagle 40EVS View Listings

Have owned this coach since early 2002. Traveled most of 48 & Alaska. Driving this coach is like floating on air; very maneuverable & comfortable. Would like to have had a slide in bedroom but not available until later models. It still has plenty of room to walk around the bed. This is a very luxurious coach for it's era.
- Rudy Swain, North Carolina

2014-10-29 2005 American Coach American Eagle 40V View Listings

We have owned this American Coach, Eagle since it was new in 2005. It has always been a pleasure to drive and operate. We have always been extremely proud of the favorable remarks we receive while on the road and in RV Parks as to the attractiveness of this American Eagle. It is indeed an upscale, elegant motor home.
- Lloyd, Maryland