Airstream Travel Trailer

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Airstream Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Phillips from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Airstream International Serenity 23FB View Listings

I am not happy! When you spend 10s of thousands of dollars on an RV with the name of airstream you expect a level of quality beyond regular RVs. But that is NOT what we got! While I am happy with other qualities of our airstream, the shower leaves pools of water on the floor. The shower appears to not have been installed properly and certainly was not caulked properly since any shower produces pools of water on the floor that will ultimately ruin the flooring. We contacted our sales person whose response was well you can't expect our service guys to catch this without thanking a shower, ha, ha....well, we don't live near a dealer or service center so we are going to have to fix this...UNACCEPTABLE! Again, when you finally decide to INVEST in an Airstream, you expect a quality that we have NOT EXPERIENCED!
- Phillips, Texas

2021-09-22 2019 Airstream Globetrotter 25FB View Listings

Bought new in 2020. Have been on several short trips (max 4 hour drive each way) with it. New to hard side camping and have 2 little kids that are hard on everything. Tow this with a Ram 2500 Diesel. The dealership in SLC was fair and honest, did a great job. We have had no major issues but some learning curve items. To winterize this model the water pump is hidden behind a panel that has to be removed. That detail is omitted from then owners manual. Yes, you have to destroy the panel to remove it. Positives: the timeless airstream design and shell makes for an easy aerodynamic bumper pull tow in the Wyoming winds. The quality is very solid generally with a few exceptions. Nothing has broken, fallen off, etc. The instant on water heater is glorious. We got dual zone AC model and it is a great feature. The heater will keep you warm on a cold night, easy. The kitchen is small but works with effort. The entire plumbing system is well thought out and easy to implement from city water in/boondocking to tracking the grey and black tanks to emptying them when required.The furniture and bed are comfortable and easy changed in configurations as needed. Tires, suspension, lights, cabinets, electric, fuse panel all well engineered. Windows are well placed and provide a great view. The essential bones of this trailer are a cut above-well built and well engineered. The awnings all work well and retract easily, no flail here. Storage is more than adequate for our minimalist 4 person family. There is a solid powered vent in each of the main area, shower and bathroom-nice touch. Cons: -the windows like to stick shut and it is a 2 man job opening them. Takes just a few seconds but you GOTTA have 2 people; 1 inside and 1 outside. -Much of the non essential paneling is veneer fiberboard like you find in IKEA furniture. Really? In a $100,000 airstream? Essential structures are solid but they went cheap anywhere they thought you wouldn’t look. -No auto level function. Not the end of the world, but you will invest a few minutes at each camp. -the shower door is cheap crap, not even Walmart sells stuff this bad. -In our model the kitchen counter space is limited. You play Tetris at meal time. -Kitchen storage is a little light, bedroom storage is voluminous. Overall very solid and we would buy it again.
- Jeff Poffenbarger, Wyoming

2021-08-31 2019 Airstream Globetrotter 25FB View Listings

Purchased this Globe Trotter in 2019. Problems I have had, 1. all the clear coat is peeling and underneath the clear coat is some kind of nasty looking groth , 2. the front AC never worked. I took it to Sutton RV and they told me that Airstream refused to fix it under warranty. Why Doesn't Airstream warn people you can not take these trailers close to the coast or you will have this disgusting stuff forming on all the aluminum. Be aware of them they lie when they sell it and tell you what a good warranty they have.
- James Deatherage, Oregon

2021-08-13 2019 Airstream Globetrotter 25FB View Listings

I have had an amazing tome with my Airstream. This excellent historically beautiful creation has people stopping me to take photos all the time. I am single and have done all the travelling by myself and it’s an easy trailer to handle, especially with the automatic awning!!
- Carrie Berkey, New York

2021-08-13 2019 Airstream Globetrotter 25FB View Listings

I have had a lot of experience camping. I truly enjoyed owning the classic airstream…it is quality. I am a person who likes nice things and this is above and beyond cool. I loved the stereo system and really enjoyed the floor plan in the Globetrotter. I could do everything myself and with ease. I really liked the aromatic awning and all the mood lighting. I will miss everyone wanting to take photos…because it’s just that neat.
- Carrie Berkey, New York

2021-08-11 2016 Airstream Classic 30JWB View Listings

Very disappointed in the quality. Endless problems from our very first trip that we had to cut short a week due to the sink not properly being installed from the factory. It came unsecured from the countertop and fell into the cabinet area below about 4". We only kept the RV a year because of all the problems and bad quality. It was at the dealer often and we never knew how long they'd keep it. It's a shame to spend inflated prices on a supposedly quality RV and then have to deal with constant problems. We have owned other RVs in the past with minimal to no issues, and we will likely buy another one at some point, but would never consider Airstreams again. The quality that is supposed to be there, simply is not.
- Mike Dolan, Texas

2021-08-11 2021 Airstream Classic 30RQB View Listings

We owned a 2021 Airstream Classic 30' for approximately one year. It has not been the quality we expected. We owned a Winnebago View prior to buying the new Airstream. Much better quality, basically no problems ever with the Winnebago. The Airstream problems we had included: sink separated from countertop on first trip - fell 4" into lower cabinet, water problems, leaks, AC problems including sensors, CZONE issues, solar power display problems, light fixture literally fell from the ceiling, foot rest recliner bracket broke, ceiling blinds came unhooked from the ceiling, vent fan above the cooktop motor went out, door issues, and more. I would like to say we only took one out of state trip (that we had to cut short due to the sink problem) and never boon docked - no dirt roads or bumpy roads ever. We had to cancel scheduled trips due to a poor service department in our area and cut trips short (the few we took) due to issues with the Airstream. It was a constant problem that we finally got tired of and just sold. We will likely get another RV in the coming years, but it will not be an Airstream. Their quality on new rigs was just so poor.
- Mike Joseph Dolan, Texas

2021-08-08 2018 Airstream Classic 33FB View Listings

I grew up admiring Airstream's timeless design and functionality. This camper's floorplan and options make it a joy for a weekend or a few weeks on the road. The large shower, residential toilet, large sinks in the bathroom and kitchen make it seem like home. The large projection TV and computer workstation allow me to use my computer and enjoy a movie. Airstream customer service and dealers offer service way ahead of other RV dealerships and brands. You will enjoy and airstream, the extra price pays off when you tow and camp in the RV. I pray the brand continues decades into the future to stay true to the brand. Timeless classic, solid construction and excellent customer service.
- Erick Hoversholm, Kentucky

2021-08-08 2018 Airstream Basecamp 16NB View Listings

Absolutely love the versatility of this rig and that I can tow it w my Jeep. Light weight, easy to set up and tear down. Have been through the Rockies, the Cascades, and the Coastal range with it. No problems towing. Only complaint is that I can’t use it more.
- Bill Righter, Oregon

2021-08-03 2015 Airstream International Signature View Listings

I will recommend this travel trailer ....nice experience and extraordinary memories for my life ..........................................................................................................
- Miguel A Flores, California

2021-07-31 2005 Airstream Classic Limited View Listings

I live in the trailer 6 months every year and the other 6 months I live in a small house in Mexico. When I return from Mexico, I am actually looking forward to living in the Classic Airstream. It is unbelievably comfortable. And for a man of 77 it is so easy to live in. I can clean it in 15 minutes. Cooking requires a maximum of 50 steps start to finish. Having lived in the past in large and expensive homes, I thought I would be let down or disappointed but I’m not. The Classic is luxurious and I don’t miss the downsized lifestyle.
- Rob1944, Ontario

2021-07-29 2017 Airstream Bambi 22FB View Listings

This is a great trailer for two happy campers. It has everything you could desire, and what we like best is the shower! It is just like being at home when camping with full hookups. As the original owner, I can vouch for the unbelievable outstanding dealer service and three-year warranty that litterally covers everything, no questions asked. Airstream trailers are built to last, which is why they keep their value year-after-year and why there are so many older Airstreams still serving happy campers. I highly recommend Airstream for anyone who wants a great piece of equipment that will maintain its beauty and servicability for as long as you own it.
- Everett White, California

2021-07-14 2015 Airstream Flying Cloud 19 View Listings

Travel in style! Sleek, modern and compact trailer sleeps 4. Quality parts and great functionality. Has Ac, solar panels, inverter, stove with oven, refrigerator, flat screen tv, alpine system, stand up shower, toilet, sink, outdoor shower. 18g black water, 21g grey, 23g fresh water
- Jeannie Marinelli, California

2021-06-29 2015 Airstream Classic 30RB Queen View Listings

One call so far was a scammer. Wanted $500 up front to “guarantee” us a sale at or above our asking price. Very slick presentation and when I questioned her about the up front she hung up fast. We only have had the listing 2 days so fingers crossed we get some real people.
- Bonnie Schaefer, Oregon

2021-06-28 2014 Airstream Sport Bambi View Listings

Wow this looks super nice and such low miles! Wish I was in the market to upgrade because this would be perfect for me, my wife and dog. Outside looks brand new. Nice camper!!! If it is still available this fall I will be contacting you but I’m sure it will go fast
- Jason Bolan, Minnesota

2021-06-19 2019 Airstream International Serenity 27FB Queen View Listings

We bought our Airstream from an Airstream dealer in NC in early 2020. We were the second owners. The original sale was in July 2018. Right after our purchase, COVID hit, so we were unable to take a trip until 2 weeks ago. Our first week was great. This second week, the air conditioner went out on Tuesday and the refrigerator went out today. We called Airstream, and we were told that although the warranty is 3 years, because we were the 2nd owners, the warranty does NOT transfer!! How can that be??? Beware used Airstream buyers!!!!!
- Matina DeRosa, Virginia

2021-05-18 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB View Listings

Best RV experience ever! Towing an Airstream is like nothing else, you sometimes forget you are towing. Very comfortable living space with all the comforts of home. Stylish and reliable, you feel very safe in it. We loved it!
- Lourdes Vazquez, Florida

2021-05-13 2020 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB View Listings

Exceptional quality and workmanship throughout. Includes top of the line appliances, fixtures and products. Built to last many many years and handed down through the generations. There is no detailed spared when manufacturing or outfitting this Airstream - very impressive.
- Renee Hunter, California

2021-04-30 2017 Airstream Flying Cloud View Listings

Beautiful, yet very pricy. I did not see any mention tow specs. i am trying to justify the cost here vs renovating a camper. What type of warranty as I see this unit is 4 years old? This is all I have to say.
- Patrick Maloney, Colorado

2021-04-12 2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB View Listings

We loved our Airstream. We are selling because we want to move to Hawaii and can’t take it with us. We are in Florida right now. We highly recommend Airstream. Builds extremely well. It tows like a dream behind my Dodge Ram. Don’t even know it’s back there.
- Michael Hockett, Florida

2021-04-12 2019 Airstream Classic 30RB Queen View Listings

There is much to like about an Airstream, I’ve owned 2 Airstreams and currently have their 2019 flagship Classic model. Beware, Airstream still uses numerous cheap parts that break. When you’re far away from home with no help the warranty doesn’t help. A quality parts last and don’t fail months after purchasing a new Classic. It easily ruin your trip. Beautiful RV, but too many cheap parts. Don’t get caught up in the “romance” of Airstream.
- D Travis, Nebraska

2021-04-07 2019 Airstream Sport 16RB View Listings

Very easy to pull. Windows make a small space feel huge. Comfortable to spend any amount of time in. Highly highly recommend. Airstream is a special club that you join the minute you buy. It is the best way to see the country.
- Rebeccca Horst, Maine

2021-03-30 2021 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RBT View Listings

The 28’ flying cloud rbt tows like a dream. Our f150 crew cab with max tow package and extended range fuel tank kept our at 14 mpg. Every fixture is quality and the cabinets are better than anything on the market. Storage for two is well organized and efficient. We have the dual hvac units but only needed the front one ( zone 2 with zone 1 fan at low ) to keep the whole thing warm. Service for minor warranty issues has be easy and quick. The only negative are the mattresses on the twin beds. At 6’1” and 190 lbs they’re a little thin but a 3” cool gel memory foam topper solved the problem.
- Hannah Nye, Tennessee

2021-03-02 2020 Airstream Bambi 22FB View Listings

Great Travel trailer for a couple and small kids. Amazingly light and aerodynamic to pull with most tow equipped SUV’s. We like it so much that we upgraded to a larger Airstream after one trip! Our take on buying an airstream is that buying a very recent pre-owned airstream can be better than buying a new one because... all the factory kinks are usually worked out by the first owners, warranty is still valid, unit is usually upgraded by first owner and it offers a much better price quality ratio. But overall, really fun to travel in, most people love them and always great conversations to strike on the road or while camping.
- Stephan Bitton, Texas

2021-01-21 2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 30RB Queen View Listings

I cannot recommend this 30 ft. RV highly enough. We have owned four other RV trailers, but this one ranks the elite of all. We really look forward to coming back to the RV after a long hike and stretching out on the couch with room for the two of us to fully stretch out on each wing of the couch. We have enjoyed the peacefulness as the ample insulation and sound construction provide a quiet enviroment. We really enjoyed this as well as the roomy dinette and all the windows that let in light and the beauty of the outside. The queen bed is the most comfortable one we ever experienced. The roomy shower with a bench seat is a plus and there is a separate roomy bathroom with lots of storage area. There are so many cabinets and storage spaces-more than needed even for long trips. There is a long counter and large sink in the kitchen with a convection oven/microwave that is top notch.Everything is solid and built to last. No worries of repairs. Plenty of room for guests as it has a full pull out sofa bed, and large dinette conversion bed in addition to the Queen. Truly a home away from home.
- susan, Massachusetts