As newbies to RV traveling/camping we love our Airstream Interstate Lounge. The interior fit and finish is what originally lured us into the Airstream brand versus all the others. The upscale overhead cabinets, teak wood look vinyl flooring, and comfortable interior won us over. Since our children are still ...
As newbies to RV traveling/camping we love our Airstream Interstate Lounge. The interior fit and finish is what originally lured us into the Airstream brand versus all the others. The upscale overhead cabinets, teak wood look vinyl flooring, and comfortable interior won us over. Since our children are still young, sleeping 4 in this van that's built to sleep 2 by the specs was simple. We use a cabbunk bunk system on our cab seats with no issues. The 6 gallon hot water heater is easy to use for all of us to shower. Heating the coach with the propane furnace is quick and easy. Cooling it with shore power from the rear AC or the generator while underway is also simple enough our kids have learned the drill. The OEM AC unit has 2 settings, LOUD, and LOUDER. We've learned to sleep with is just fine, but will upgrade to a quieter unit in the future. Driveability is second to none! My wife was intimidated at first and 20 minutes later was just fine. She's so confident driving it that she's taken it on solo voyages with the kids and with girlfriends. There are 9 seats with seatbelts, allowing passengers to move around. The layout is ideal, and there is no wasted space. All systems are located so that if maintenance or repair is required there is space and accessibility. There is also a large and helpful community of owners who are very active in helping each other repair/upgrade/use this coach to its full potential.
Dumping grey and black tanks could not be simpler or cleaner with its self retracting dump hose and macerator pump.
Whether it's a trip across town to Costco, a 10 hour roadtrip, a day at the beach or soccer tournament, we find our Airstream interstate coach a perfect vehicle, and it gets a lot of use. We have upgraded the AGM 12v batteries to AGM 6v batteries to extend the usable amp hours, but for the most part are either on the road or plugged into shore power at a destination. 2015 was the last year of production before power window shades became standard equipment and we're happy to have the manual shades when we read about the powershade problems. As with any RV, a fuse will blow, oil will need to be changed, systems develop issues. If you're handy you can handle 90% of all of these as they arise. The other 10% should be easily repaired as the Sprinter is the backbone of local delivery fleets and parts are readily available. This coach was a wonderful purchase for our family. If you're looking, check out all the class B offerings, and then take a look at the Airstream, if you wind up as impressed as we did, you'll be done shopping. They seem to hold their value better than other brands as well!