Airstream Atlas Reviews on RV Insider (8)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Airstream Atlas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Earl Conley from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Airstream Atlas Murphy Suite View Listings

Before my first trip Gen would not start. On the trip Air , gps, air bags, out storage doors, stop working, Bath room door fell ll times. door handle came off. This was a 2000 mile trip. Been the shop 5 weeks tomorrow.
- Earl Conley, California

2021-05-02 2020 Airstream Atlas Murphy Bed Tommy Bahama Limited Edition View Listings

Very goid craftsmanship and Quakity, Mercedes air ride chassis, , Air Ride, slide out, mire room than most Class B RV’s Con: very expensive for the square Feet. A bit sluggish on initial start off. Price price price
- Clifford Allenby, Florida

2021-04-13 2019 Airstream Atlas Murphy Suite View Listings

We moved from a small towable to a Class A to an Airstream Atlas. We travel as a couple with two dogs. There are always a few warranty issues in the beginning with all RVs. However, you will not be nine states away from home needing service and be told they can see you in eight weeks with an Atlas. You simply find a Mercedes dealership. And THAT is the biggest service difference. We have never been scheduled more than 72 hours out. In terms of quality, we have a 2019 Atlas and it has held up extremely well. The sofa footrests and bathroom door locks were design do-overs. Make sure you are buying from an experienced dealer if you will be obtaining service from same location. Everything installed into an RV comes with its own warranty no matter the brand. We have had good factory support outcomes, but warranty reps do sometimes try to make the service rep the bad guy, which is easily handled through direct communication. Our Class A was in the shop 10 out of 12 months. I will never go back. I love my Atlas. We can also maneuver little towns, restaurants and shops the bigger guys can’t. Great tailgater as well.
- Lynn Faulkner, Florida

2021-03-25 2019 Airstream Atlas Murphy Suite View Listings

We love this RV. We used to have an Airstream Interstate, but found it too small. The Atlas has hit the sweet spot, at least for us. However, we’ve had our share of problems with it, such things as the shower door falling off; the sliding bathroom door falling off; the Murphy bed release switch breaking; airbag problems; and other related issues. There’s always something, and it seems we spend too much time at the dealership. Patience is definitely needed. Problems aside, it works for us
- Peter Fertig, California

2020-10-31 2020 Airstream Atlas View Listings

This has been our very first RV experience of any kind. We have had the Atlas for 5 months, and have spent 20 nights in it and about 5,000 miles. We've had a few minor problems that I fixed myself. After reading of some problems others had I emailed customer support and asked if they could identify any common problems that I might run into, and what I could do to be prepared. They promptly sent me information about some replacement fuses I could keep on hand, and a replacement pin for the automatic steps. I haven't needed either. I've owned many new cars and I realize that on such complicated machines there will be problems and adjustments needed. The Atlas is even more complicated, so it shouldn't be a surprise that things might happen. But (knock wood) I've been very happy with the Atlas and the responses I've gotten when I've communicated with customer service with questions. I've had many compliments from other rv'ers, and I love the conveniences and ease of setup and moving.O
- DVL, North Carolina

2020-09-04 2020 Airstream Atlas View Listings

Purchased the 2020 Atlas in October 2019, took it on its first real road trip in June 2020 only to have multiple things break on the van - one of which was the bathroom door brackets broke, the magnet they use did not work and it feel off all together. Drawers and cabinets did not stay closed even though locked, handle broke off the screen while driving, the outside storage cabinets would not unlock and the list goes on all while this had maybe 500 miles under its belt. As my husband would say, the bolts were on hand tight. We had to take it to a dealer in Washington to have them help with the bathroom door they found other issues and did not want to truly touch the van since it had so many issues. They helped us rig the door so we could finish our trip which was nice of them. The van has been at the dealer service for over a month with no phone call updates from them nor are they returning our calls. I would not suggest this vehicle or the dealer in Southern Cal off Beach Blvd.
- April Alexander, California

2020-04-16 2019 Airstream Atlas Murphy Suite View Listings

this is a Wonderfull camper everything is over the top as far as quality and craftsmanship. I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to see the world. my business just took off last year and we are even busier this year and cant enjoy it like I would like to thats the only reason we are selling. I cant say enough about it you must see to believe.
- james owens, Missouri

2018-10-17 2018 Airstream Atlas 24n View Listings

Easy to drive. Plenty of storage and room for 2 people.Bed is big & very comfortable. Love the shower & bathroom in the back of the RV. Not traveling as much as we thought we would for the price. Has 2 small tables & wish they were bigger. Have not used stove burners. Generator would not stay running & it was replaced with a brand new one, was tested & runs great now.
- Mike Flanagan, Iowa