5th Wheel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2020-07-03 2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB View Listings

We’re on our 8th season with this camper. We started with a baby in a playpen and a toddler on the bottom bunk, both in the bunkroom. We could close the bedroom door during nap/bedtime and still enjoy the rest of the camper. It is still suiting us perfectly as the kids get larger. The tanks are huge for trips with no services. The underneath storage fits everything we need. My only complaint is the lack of clothing storage in both bedrooms. Make sure to get the bedroom slide.
- Dean , Manitoba

2017-04-20 2009 Carriage Cameo 34CK3 View Listings

A perfect RV in every way. They don't make them with this kind of quality anymore. I have owned two and each one is living the dream. 4 seasons with a great frame with no worries. The interior is real wood and not cheap plastic.
- Sdbritton, Oregon

2017-11-12 2006 Carriage Cameo 34CK3 View Listings

I am the original owner and have never had any major problems. It rides smooth with the Mor-ryde system. The only maintenance issues I have had is replacing the converter. Other than that I’ve had no problems. If I could make change it would be to add auto levelers. Regular maintenance to sustains seals, lubricating slide outs, waxing, etc. are essential for any 5th wheel.
- HZ, Florida

2016-10-11 2011 Carriage Cameo 34SB3 View Listings

The Cameo is TOP QUALITY! The furniture is very comfortable and made of quality materials and solid wood, so is the cabinetry.it pulls very easy behind our dodge diesel, and the self-levelling Bigfoot hydraulics makes set up fast and easy! Would I buy another one? Absolutely!
- Harry, Ontario

2019-11-29 2008 Carriage Cameo 35SB3 View Listings

Besides having a power awning, it also has a built in vacuum system, Power jacks in front and rear, day/ night blinds beautiful glass pane door for the bedroom area with privacy blinds on that too.Solid wood cabinets not the pressed wood so many cheaper units have. This is built like an upscale home and it shows in every way.
- Dennis, Arizona

2019-06-02 2011 Carriage Cameo 36FWS View Listings

The Cameo is known for its durability. RVers familiar with them will attest to it. Lots of models have cosmetics to draw in buyers and list for less but lack the sturdiness of Cameo. They contain extras for ease of living but also built for years of towing. We know. We have owned one for 5 years.
- Paul Meinscher, Texas

2017-06-29 2010 Carriage Cameo LXI 32FWS View Listings

We owned several RV's over the years, maybe five. After purchasing the Cameo we never even considered another RV. It is a beautiful place to relax in and to entertain in. We never had problems with it, never really let us down. Towing was much easier than other units we owned. We parked it in a very tight space and the Cameo was much easier to maneuver.
- Barbara Lung, California

2020-09-16 2005 Carriage Cameo LXI F35SKQ View Listings

I bought this in 2012 and had to store it (outside)i return 8 years later hooked up and took off. It pulled just like the day I got, no critters got in it and everything worked. The font decals need replaced thats it. The stripes r fine. This is beautiful inside plenty of light gets in driver side pop out has sky lights, which is beautiful feature. Its to bad carriage is no more. love this trailer
- Darrell Nurse, Ontario

2019-08-18 2008 Carriage Carri-Lite 36SBQ View Listings

This RV held up remarkable well. Only problem was with some gussets in the front area, factory picked up RV and made the repairs. Never a problem since. Tires were a little underrated for this trailer, replaced with a J rated tire and wheel.
- Stephen Coles, Texas

2020-06-15 2005 Carriage Carri-Lite 36SLX5 View Listings

The quality is amazing..... it pulls like a dream ...... and the functionality is unmatched. Love this fifth wheel! We are getting a new Travel trailer and I am so sad to see this one go. The one who gets it will be lucky!
- Laura, North Carolina

2020-06-18 2009 Carriage Carri-Lite 36XTRM5 View Listings

Very well built with a comfortable floor plan and solid build. Easy to tow . Very solid. With its weight it is very stable on the road. These 36 foot Carri~Lite by Carriage units are very well built and last longer than most RV units. This RV is the farthest from flimsy of all RVs. This particular unit, if well maintained, should last 40+ years.
- Andrew johnson, Texas

2017-03-19 2014 Keystone Cougar 318SAB View Listings

We are very pleased with this RV and its layout. A key feature was a desk-type working space and a storage place for a standard laser printer. Mfg had to replace the failure-prone touch control panel with a rocker-switch panel and now that works great. Had to add owner wanted features not included by mfg, such as full time RV water filter. The RV is very stable for towing. Easy to head and cool with its Polar Pack Plus.
- Kenneth Kaiser, Tennessee

2019-03-25 2007 Carriage Carri-Lite 36XTRM5 View Listings

Love the roominess, king size bed nice shower & it has three slides excellent condition with two air conditioners, one the nicest 5th wheels that i've ever seen.i want to purchase this camper soon because i plan on loving in it around three months a year..
- Peter, Florida

2017-06-27 2005 Carriage Carri-Lite 36XTRM5 View Listings

Carri-Lites are extremely well made 5th wheels. In 12 years of RVing we never had a serious problem. The floorplan was ideal for us having a desk for my computer and radio work and very generous cabinet space for my wife. There is nothing about our XTRM5 that I diskliked - except for the propane fridge that I replaced with a Samsung residential- fantastic upgrade!
- Richard Berry, Texas

2018-12-11 2016 Coachmen Chaparral 371MBRB View Listings

I love this RV. The floor plan is perfect with any family style or travel plans! The spacious layout is perfect for a full time family, or weekend travel warriors! This RV has been a blessing for our family. Never been closer, and still had space to be able to live full time! This price is a steal!
- KELLY, Texas

2017-03-30 2005 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 280BHS View Listings

This unit made camping fun, carefree, and spacious. My wife and I enjoyed the easy, lightweight feel of the unit while towing. The quality of the included features required a minimum of maintenance - hence, more enjoyment. And plenty of space for storage AND living on those inclement days.
- tom matthews, Pennsylvania

2018-05-06 2008 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 267RLS View Listings

This RV is easy to pull. We especially liked the rear window. We have enjoyed some beautiful views form that window. It is the perfect size for 2 people but it will sleep 6. It is a very comfortable RV.
- John Parker, Oklahoma

2018-12-05 2018 Coachmen Chaparral 391QSMB View Listings

One of the most thoughtfully laid out floor plans your will find especially if you or your spouse is a big and tall person. I am 6'4 275 lbs. this is the first RV that didn't make me duck everywhere I walked. The ability to hook up and go is a breeze and the setup and tear down is faster than anything I've seen. This RV lets you enjoy your time rather than fight your RV the whole time.
- Patrick Files, Texas

2019-05-20 2018 Coachmen Chaparral 391QSMB View Listings

We have loved this fifth wheel. The floor plan is great for our family. We used it to live in for a couple months and it was great. Good quality materials that hold up well with children. We haven’t had any problems with it to have to even use the warranty.
- Christy, Oklahoma

2020-04-27 2018 Coachmen Chaparral 391QSMB View Listings

Great RV! Perfect for living in or just camping with plenty of room for a big family and your kids friends. Has lots of the comforts of home such as the recliners, fireplace, large shower, and full size fridge.
- Chris, Oklahoma

2020-06-26 2018 Keystone Avalanche 395BH View Listings

This was the best RV I could ever ask for. It is a dream to own. Best winter camping ever! If you're looking for a good sized rig that you can use for extended trips or have a lot of people to camp with look no further than here!
- Justin T, Colorado

2019-06-26 2012 Coachmen Brookstone Diamond 367RL View Listings

I buy and sell rvs and there is a diference in quality , some units are cardboard construction with staples and press board cabinets and no insulation to stay light for towing , and then there are units that are built like a house, bottom line is the diamond 367 is quality like a house and backed buy the manufacturer better than any builder I have ever met.
- Carl Hieronymus, Florida

2017-06-07 2014 Keystone Cougar 280RLS View Listings

This is the perfect fifth wheel for 2 people. Lots of storage - very nice floorplan - easy to tow and just the right length for all campgrounds. We purchased the extended warranty but have only used for one plumbing fixture. LOVE the kitchen island for cooking and entertaining. Furniture very comfortable - just like home.
- Carol J Conway, Ohio

2019-08-22 2015 Coachmen Chaparral 324TSRK View Listings

This trailer is roomy and lots of storage, everything works properly, no problems camping for 3 days with the storage tanks. We carry a portable tank to empty when there are no hook-ups. Love the beauty of the inside, double-sinks in the kitchen easy to wash & rinse, the shower is roomy, and the bed is comfortable. I haven't tried the electric fireplace this summer but I like it has one. If I needed I would install a washer & dryer. Since I don't live in it, I don't need one.
- Bonnie Lewis, Texas