5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (2,493)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2020-05-15 2018 Winnebago Minnie Plus 27REOK View Listings

We have loved having this RV. It comfortable, pulls great. The quality of Winnebago is amazing and their office support has been great. Circumstances have made it so that we have to give it up , but whomever buys it will love it as well. So much storage inside and out. We used the outside kitchen more than the inside and it’s nice to have that extra refrigerator. It is easy to wash your pet using the outside shower hose.
- Millie, Michigan

2019-01-11 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 375FL View Listings

Great value, unbelievable customer warranty support. Love the front living, dual lavatory sinks, large shower with sky light, three air conditioners keeps this big 5th wheel as cool as you like. Tiffin cousin says it all.
- Candace , Arizona

2019-05-31 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 365RL View Listings

This is made by the Tiffin Co. The customer service is next to none, even if out of warranty! If we weren't changing our lifestyle, we'd live in it until we can't travel anymore. You won't be disappointed.
- Laurel Owen , California

2018-07-15 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 325RL View Listings

Love the floor plan. Tall slides. Tall beautiful ceilings. The most cabinets I found I. Any rv we looked at for over 6 months. Ahmish made solid wood. Not particle board. Windows big. Solar shades work for hot or cold . The tow is awesome.
- Linda kujawa, Texas

2018-10-12 2017 Vanleigh RV Vilano 325RL View Listings

Best Buy. Residential home. Solid wood interior. Luxury at its best price is awesome. A real deal here. I live in mine. All comforts of home. Beautiful inside and out. A Tiffin family on call 24/7 for any I mean any problems or questions . The service is far beyond expected . Big tall 8’ slides. The Are is 12’ high in living.
- Pablo , Texas

2020-01-01 2018 Vanleigh RV Beacon 39FBB View Listings

Wonderful to live in. Easy to tow. Good quality finishes. Factory easy to work with. groups on Facebook you can join are helpful. Rvt easy to use to offer for sale. Half bath very helpful and accessible when traveling as is refer.
- Eric Green, California

2017-03-21 2006 SunnyBrook Titan 31BWKS View Listings

Have owned this unit for over 10 years ans have been very happy with quality and durability. Tows and tracks perfectly. The gel coat and finish looks much better than other newer brands! Would suggest a SunnyBrook over almost all other brands.
- Mark Boldenow, Michigan

2019-06-14 2018 Starcraft Solstice Super Lite 29BHS View Listings

We love the 5th wheel, has plenty of room for everyone. It works great. This is our first 5th wheel and we love it. More storage than we need and I love the extra bathroom. The bunk house is great for our grandkids. Plenty of room for dog beds. We absolutely love it.
- Angela Beene, Tennessee

2020-01-25 2017 Starcraft Solstice 27RLS View Listings

I love our StarCraft it's roomy great layout plenty of storage and great quality. We have had 8 other campers and motorhomes over the years and the StarCraft Solstice 27RLS is hands down the best I have had. Thank you StarCraft.
- Don Wood, Florida

2019-05-06 2016 Redwood RV Sequoia SQ38HRL View Listings

This is our first 5th wheel and we bought it new. We absolutely love it! We have had 0 problems which is a nice change from other RV's we've had. It is solid and well built. Truly 4 seasons. We survived a winter in northern Montana with no extra heating necessary. Opposing slides, one 14' long and the other 16' long, make a huge living space. It has lots of large windows and an extra large shower. The center island with a double bowl sink provides plentiful work space. Lots of storage inside and out. The automatic hydraulic jacks makes it easy to set.
- Deb Dudley, Colorado

2020-05-29 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 39MB View Listings

I drove from Mississippi to St Augustine Florida to by this Redwood at a reduced price. Pulled it back to Mississippi and have been living in it for a week now. Just love it and so far everything seems to be working fine. Love the extra bathroom for my husband 😁 and the large and roomy shower 🚿. Thanks to the sellers for passing on a beautiful home 💝💝
- Matt Grant, Mississippi

2019-08-18 2015 Redwood RV Redwood 38RL View Listings

Great RV for full time living. Lot of space and cabinets. High quality features throughout the rv. Top quality full body paint. Full size Residential refrigerator. Very simple way to live in this RV.
- Becky, Florida

2018-05-05 2014 Redwood RV Redwood 38GK View Listings

This is a luxury coach that exceeded my expectations. It is extremely well built , solid and beautifully designed . We especially loved the side by side bathroom and the extra sink vanity in the bedroom allows two people to get ready at the same time! It has a 55 inch tv and full size sink and fridge! Two huge pantries and tons of storage throughout the coach!!! Best purchase ever!!
- Debra edwards, Nebraska

2019-01-26 2012 Redwood RV Redwood 36FL View Listings

Redwood RV is a well constructed 4 season live in RV. We have enjoyed our unit since 2012 when bought. It is comfortable and spacious with the 3 slide outs. When towing, even at 16,000 lbs GVWR you hardly feel it behind you.
- Patrick DeVaney, South Carolina

2019-04-30 2014 Recreation by Design Monte Carlo 37AL View Listings

My wife and I have been living in this trailer for almost 5 years, I love my trailer. When I purchased my trailer at recreation by design, I was able to customize my own floor plan. It was so cool after coming with the image in my head and seeing it on paper, the salesmen were very patient with me because I was so new to this. Definitely will buy again from them soon
- John Smith, Texas

2019-09-17 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3801 View Listings

Just got back from vacation. The RV has held up very well from the rough roads we experienced. My RAM 2500 has no problems pulling it. The Lippert hydraulic auto level system works so easy. Full hydraulic slides are smooth in and out.
- Steve Botschon , Texas

2017-07-03 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Very nice coach. We haven't got to use it much due to our health. Need to sell for payoff. We really love the 5th wheel and would recommend it to anyone. It is the residential model and is very comfortable with lots of space and drawers and cabinets. I love the one touch leveling. It has all led lights and that is nice too.
- Jim Briar, Florida

2019-12-10 2016 Prime Time Sanibel 3701 View Listings

Love my prime time Sanibel 3701.Everthing works great with no problem.Auto level is very nice to have and simple to operate.All the storage and cabinets are much needed and very much used.Almost everyone that checks out my Sanibel says wow this is very nice and they think it's a 100,000 fifth wheel.Ive had many campers but this one beats all the others.I bought this camper used with no warranty.Had to fix a couple things myself but all easy stuff since I have some tools on hand and a drill with a square drive.Demand pump would freeze up when down to 15degess so I disconnected from basement floor and remounted up one foot to main floor using same plumbing.Pump does not freeze up now and only took 45 min to do.The only thing I don't like is the noisy Atwood furnace,almost all Atwood's are super noisy so I'm going to replace it with a suburban sf35fq because it is nice and quiet.Well now it's time to head West in Prime Time style.
- Michael Lowe, Wisconsin

2017-02-21 2013 Prime Time Sanibel 3500 View Listings

We bought this fifth wheel with the intentions of living in it when we retired the floorplan is excellent it has a lot of storage it is very nicely finished it has a lot of extras that make it feel like home I really like the big bedroom I also like the Jack and Jill door for the bathroom the kitchen is perfect I love the pantry but I do wish it was a little bit deeper there are lots of cupboards and lots of drawers lots of storage almost like in my house the living area is perfect because when I'm in the kitchen I still am included in the party that's going on in the living room where they're watching TV I have unscrewed my table from the floor and turned it the other way so that it's not poking out so far and I like that a lot better there is a lot of storage above the chairs the only thing that I really don't like about this trailer is that we have to move the chairs in order to put the slide outs in I would recommend a couch there if it's possible but I don't think they make one that's not too white
- Craig Kelsey, Utah

2018-10-19 2015 Prime Time Crusader 321RES View Listings

This has been a great fifth wheel camper. I would recommend this brand if someone is looking to buy a new fifth wheel. Easy to tow and sets up very quick and easy. We are only selling so we can move up to a motor home.
- Danny, Tennessee

2019-05-22 2014 Prime Time Crusader 285RET View Listings

My family thoroughly enjoyed the 5th wheel. Plenty of storage and the outdoor kitchen is a fantastic option. Cooking breakfast outside without waking up the family was priceless. Having the outdoor fridge also makes it convenient to grab a beverage without tracking in and out of the trailer.
- Joe Jezioro , New York

2018-12-31 2005 Pilgrim Open Road 349RLDS-5 View Listings

Has been an excellent starter 5th wheel RV. Very limited maintenance requirements. Canvass replacement on awning and arms due to wind damage. My fault for leaving out. After 13 years on original tires had a blowout. We learned you replace tires every 5 years no matter tread depth. Sidewalls weaken over time. Very livable, durable fabrics and flooring. All systems operate even after 13 years w/o problems. Awning maintenance due to leaving out in high winds. About $500 for fabric a one arm. Great used RV if you’re considering.
- Jim Clanton, Texas

2018-01-29 2013 Palomino Sabre 33RETS-6 View Listings

We have loved our Sabre. Towing has not been in the cards for us, with that said, the unit is parked at a camper park. The livability room is excellent! The floor plan makes life easy no matter what you're doing. My wife enjoys the larger shower, as do I. The kitchen is a well thought through design with a focus on counter space. There is MORE than enough storage, sometimes we forget where items are stored. If you are looking for a unit that can be full time, the Sabre 33RETS-6 has every feature making life away from home a breeze.
- Ric Hardy, Ohio

2019-08-28 2016 Palomino Columbus Compass 320RSC View Listings

This Coach is absolutely gorgeous, user friendly and well made. They didn't skimp on the quality of their materials or craftsmanship. It's comfortable in the cold, hot and warm climates. I can't say enough about this coach. You will not be disappointed.
- Scott Meyer, Indiana