5th Wheel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CJ from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Grand Design Solitude 379FL View Listings

To start, the Sa lesmen talked it up of course. It does look nice, pulls well, and is livable. The issues I've had make me realize that the manufacturer doesn't build it to handle the road. All four leaf springs had to be replaced, one broke in half on the road, 2 others bent. This was from normal interstate, and campground driving. The other issues are light fixtures loose and ready to fall off, fenders loose, screws backing out, roof sealant cracked, gapped and ready to leak, wall in the rear storage compartment separating, bedroom slide stopped working directly after the shop had it all day, shaded don't go up, window cranks strip out etc.. The biggest issue is the dealership's service. I learned that I had to watch the mechanics while they worked on it or go around after they were "done" and inspect to make sure it was fixed correctly. After calling them out on faulty repairs, going back 7 times, some for the same issue, dealer told me they won't work on it anymore and I need to find another service shop. Wow, is all I can say. What about warranty, and forever warranty they brag about? Basically every time I left the shop there was another issue to go back for.. They did however fix some issues correctly, but all in all I am less then impressed. We'll see if the manufacturer helps me out.. Save yourself tons of headaches and time.
- CJ, Montana

2019-06-29 2018 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2650WS View Listings

Hi all, This is a great rig, a friend has one and there is so much room in the main living area you could have a dance hall. Wish I had the monies to buy this one. Looking at this one there are hardly any miles. Thanks, Buy this one if you can tow it home!
- Woody, California

2020-07-29 2013 Forest River Sierra 365SAQ View Listings

Great Bunkhouse Unit. Very well laid out. The trailer has 3 distinct spaces. The kids have their own room. Outdoor kitchen is very usable and the bumper grill is convenient and out of the way. Comfortably sleeps 9.
- B, California

2017-06-15 2008 Forest River Sierra 345RET View Listings

This is my second fifth well overall quality excellent livability is excellent really enjoyed it for the last nine years bought it brand-new we have decided to go in a different direction and I'm having some Medical issues a excellent unit
- Steven Brandell, Ohio

2018-11-01 2017 Forest River Sierra 30IOK View Listings

This 5th has been amazing, from the layout, to the solid build, tows smoothly, it’s all awesome! The large shower is great for myself and my tall husband, the outdoor kitchen area gets used all the time, so handy. Roomy living and kitchen space allows for maximum comfort. This rig doesn’t disappoint!
- Lindsay Rader, California

2021-09-17 2009 Forest River Sierra 305RGS View Listings

My experience with this rig has been absolutely phenomenal! I was new to rv life and jumped in with zero knowledge while I was new to starting travel nursing. If I can do this, anyone can, and this rig was perfect for a smooth transition into this new lifestyle. This rig only had 2 previous owners, a travel nurse prior to me, and a sweet elderly couple who unfortunately weren't able to use it due to aome health conditions, but they always had it stored inside so the decals and exterior are still in mint condition. My favorite feature of this rig is the On Demand Hot Water Heater, and I highlight this because as a lady who loves long hot showers this feature is part of what has made this rig feel like home! I love the electric fireplace and all of the renovated upgrades really give this rig a more "home style" feel. Having never left from home, this was important to me. My cat and dog have absolutely loved living in it too! We're all 3 sad to let it go because it's such a wonderful home, and it's what brought us safely to California. Life always has changes and it's time for me to let it go as I no longer need it for travel. The rig is beautiful and solid amd is really meant to be used to explore the country in. It sits lovely in our permanent RV campground parking spot, but it deserves to have someone or a family who will use all of it's benefits and get the most of what the rig is capable of. Some more features that's made this rig so wonderful to live in are the washer/dryer combo unit that sits conveniently hidden in the bedroom closet. It's very quiet and very energy and water efficient. Also, no lint mess ever to clean! The kitchen has a deep sink with a retractable faucet head to make doig thanksgiving dishes a breeze! Yes, you can cook a full thanksgiving meal in this rig. The oven works better than the oven in my previous condo! It's small because it's a camper oven, but the quality is excellent and very efficient on propane. When I first got this rig last year in June, both propane tanks were full amd I didn't have to do my first refill until January of this year, and I cooked big meals everyday, did laundry all the time, and took long hot showers everyday and washed dishes with hot water everyday! The roof is in immaculate condition. I did a lot of preventative maintenance with new seals and new rubber roof coating so the rig wouldn't need anything exterior for a good few years. This rig has a squeaky clean history, no leaks, water dmamage, or collisions. The kitchen floor layout is ideally placed in the back to allow for a more roomy living space. The furniture is included and is very comfy, the couch can easily sleep two people comfortably. When you walk in the rig, it just has a clean modern home style feel to it, all of my guests have made similar compliments, and that it "feels like a house more than a camper". My other favorite feature of this rig is the camper king bed, it's so comfortable and can easily sleep 2-3 people. The kitchen table and dresser tops are customer made as well as the barn style sliding bedroom door. Being a woman coming from a 2 bedroom condo with both closets full of clothes, this rig has a ton of storage space! I barely had to get rid of any of my clothes or kitchen accessories because there's just so much storage space everywhere in this rig. I mostly just got rid of my furniture when I moved in the rig. Learning how to operate the slides and landing gear was such a breeze, and it's what I was most nervous about being new to anything camp-like aside from a tent. I replaced the Double pole double throw momentary switch, all that stands for is the switch that controls your automatic extend/retract for the frint jacks. It was a simple plastic piece and I was able to replace it myself! I replaced it due to it just being old and starting to wear out and again, wanted to make preventative maintenance. I've loved living in this fifth wheel, and if it doesn't sell I plan to keep it in storage in a closed unit until I finish school and may just use it as a vacation home or air bnb it when I get some property. I've had a lot of people say that the rig is priced too high, but it's priced just under market value per NADA. There have been a lot of upgrades to this rig including preventative work, and has been extremely well taken care of, it's rare to find a fifth wheel with this floor plan to be in such solid condition. It was previously professionally inspected when I first was originally going to sell it earlier in the year, but decided to wait, the inspector said, "this is a solid rig and dont low ball yourself on it". I'm willing to be flexible and negotiate my sale price, but not by much and I am taking the time to make sure my home goes to the right person or family who will love it and care for it as much as I do, so Im in no rush to sell it, it'll sell at the right time and to the right next prospective owner.
- Grace, California

2018-11-01 2016 Forest River Sandpiper 381RBOK View Listings

Great fifth wheel. Easy set up. Has two full baths. Outdoor kitchen is the bomb. Dual climate air conditioning, love the fire place and the full size refrigerator. This rv has everything for the outdoorsmen, tons of storage space lots of room inside with five slide outs. It is the ultimate package.
- MIKE FREEMAN, Mississippi

2020-02-20 2018 Forest River Sandpiper 378FB View Listings

My husband and I were looking for something that could be used for lengthy periods of time. Our needs were plenty of storage, room for a washer-dryer, a usable kitchen, and a layout that didn't leave us feeling cramped. The Sandpiper 378FB hit all of those points. The oversized bathroom is what caught our eye, and we have been so happy with it. We can each get ready at the same time, while also having a drying rack set up for our laundry. The separate washer-dryer closet meant that we didn't have to give up any valuable storage in the wardrobe. We were able to get a separate washer and dryer rather than a 2-in-1, which makes laundry much faster. The front wardrobe is larger than the closet in our last apartment. Plus, the built-in shelves are perfect for storing shoes. So many of those corner RV showers left us feeling claustrophobic. This shower feels like it could be in your home. The little bench doesn't take up any of your standing room but is still there if you need it. The double sinks are great, but all of the extra counter space is so much better; you can use it to fold your laundry piles so you can take things straight out of the dryer, fold them, and put them away in the closet without leaving the room. The kitchen may look small, but it offers so much storage space. We've never used up all of it and still have empty drawers. One of our favorite features is where the table and chairs are located. With windows all around you, you get great views while you eat or work. The built-in bookcase is a great little touch, something I had never seen in an RV. If you stay in one place for a few weeks at a time, this is one of the many details in this RV that truly make it feel like home. There are also two sets of shelves on either side of the TV that have doors, so you won't have to pack away your stacks of movies every time you move your RV. Outside, the kitchen makes us the envy of every campground. The drop-down TV always wows, while the extra fridge storage means we don't have to run in and out for drinks while watching a game or hanging out around a campfire. After we bought the RV, we noticed a few small issues, like an outlet that wasn't sitting flush with the wall and our front door that didn't close quite right. We contacted Forest River, took it to our local Camping World within a couple of days, and they had it back to us in hours, free of charge under the manufacturer's warranty. We purchased an additional warranty to cover the electronics, slides, and upholstery, but have never used it in over 2 years of owning the camper. If you're looking for endless amounts of clever storage, from compartments to drawers to the little spaces on the end of the couch that are perfect for storing throw blankets, this RV is definitely for you.
- Caitlin, Ohio

2017-05-11 2015 Forest River Sandpiper 376BHOK View Listings

We lived in this fifth wheel travel trailer for 9 months, it was very comfortable with plenty of room. 3 a/c units and central heat. Loved the big walk-in shower.very spacious for the wife and me. This RV served our purpose well.
- Beau Powell, Texas

2019-01-17 2017 Forest River Sandpiper 372LOK View Listings

Very comfortable to stay in. More than enough storage, and kids loved the extra bunkroom. Layout is great for multiple people/small family or if you need a lot of storage. Quality of workmanship is good and straightforward. Highly recommend, would definitely purchase again.
- Sean, Nevada

2019-05-15 2018 Forest River Sandpiper 372LOK View Listings

Easy to maneuver, perfect condition, upgraded with vented washer/dryer. Towing is easy as the rig is well balanced. The auto leveling system is spectacular and light years ahead of the old crank style. One button and the unit sets and levels itself. A ton of extras are included such as the fifth wheel stabilizer, table, septic piping, etc.
- D. Seibert, North Carolina

2019-08-08 2016 Forest River Sandpiper 371REBH View Listings

This 5th wheel is very roomy. It has all the comforts you would want but still has the ability to sleep a fair amount of people. We enjoyed having a separate room for our kid and still being able to stay in the living room after he went to sleep. It towed very well also. It is a very smooth ride.
- Kimberly, North Carolina

2019-02-19 2012 Forest River Sandpiper 365SAQ View Listings

This 5th Wheel has the perfect floor plan. With a KING size bed up front with its own private full bath. Then at the other end of the RV is a bunk house with 4 beds and the kids privet 1/2 bath. This RV has an outdoor kitchen that everyone will love. With refrigerator, microwave, outdoor cooking area and sink. You will never have to go in and out of the RV for outdoor life. This RV is extremely well laid out with the 4 large slide outs. Slide outs are hydraulic and very easy to set up. The electric awning is a back saver. Just press the button and the awning goes in or out. Power leveling, power awning, power slides I am one happy Camper!!
- Bryan Worzella, Wisconsin

2020-01-13 2011 Forest River Sandpiper 345RET View Listings

We purchased our unit new in 2011. Have had issues with it, sure, but our dealer and forest river made sure we were happy and fixed all problems, large & small. Our experience with forest river has been very good and we would only buy a forest river product. They always went above and beyond for us. The sandpiper factory in goshen, indiana has always been there for us. The FROG is the best!!!!!
- Mary Natalello, New York

2016-11-09 2006 Forest River Sandpiper 325BHD View Listings

We were very happy with the room and comfort afforded us with this unit! The layout of the bunkhouse gave our daughters plenty of room to relax/lounge/sleep as compared to our previous travel trailer where the bunks were stacked and very close together! The living area was very comfortable and we all loved the desk as it gave us a separate place to work while others were sitting at the table playing games, etc.. The master queen bed in the front of the unit was very comfortable with lots of closet space and storage. Overall, there was a great deal of storage inside and out! The inside is in pristine condition!
- John Sloan, Michigan

2017-08-06 2014 Forest River Sabre 35QSIK View Listings

its a excellent floor plan quality wood work great layout for 2 people or 10 people great outside kitchen washer dryer hookup spacious bathroom tall ceilings island kitchen 2 micro waves plenty of windows
- Jerry Gable, Michigan

2021-05-17 2018 Forest River Sabre 30RLT View Listings

Best Buy Price ever seen on line others are 40,000 plus Good Buy and extended Warranty too! Most people who need a Loan can get up too 15 to 20 year Loan on this unit and can purchase a Longer warranty if needed.
- Steve Bassett, California

2018-05-15 2019 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 8298WS View Listings

The floor plan is extremely thought out with this model. The dinette with the bench and high top chairs is great. The kitchen has ample space and the living room with the two couches and theater seating is perfect when hosting company. The bathroom is spacious, the bedroom is nice and big as well. I like how the bed is offset to allow more space in the closet and the cabinets and night stands are great. The bedroom doesn't feel cramped as it doesn't have closets by the bed which gives it the open feeling it has. Storage in this unit is impressive as well. As long as you use totes, stay organized, and be intentional with your things you should be fine. There is a nice sized storage space where the booth is that is only accessible outside. I found this to be the perfect spot for most of my grilling supplies. I haven't used the grill that came with the camper, rather, I have a Weber Q and I've attached it right to the propane attachment on the side of the trailer. Propane in bulk is cheaper and it's convenience having the hookup on the side of the rig. The shelf for outside is made of a good durable recyclable plastic and sets up quick. I've used it more than I thought I would. We upgraded to the 4 point leveling system which is great and we got the residential fridge which we love. We lost some pantry space, however, it's just my wife and I so we aren't losing out. The Reese Revolution hitch is great. We have a short box F-150 that we use to pull. We have the 5.5 foot box and found out we had to use the B&W Companion 5th Wheel hitch. In 2018 Forest River redesigned the nose and it extended it just enough where the Reese hitch and Revolution kingpin didn't give enough clearance. Towing the camper was great. I had no problems, the truck did well and it pulled down the freeway and highway fine. I had the observation camera installed and it was a great add on! Overall I have found this camper to be a great purchase. This is the first RV I've ever owned and finding this setup has been a dream come true. I will add Oak Lake RV & Campground in Moose Lake MN has been amazing. They partnered with me to find a solution to the hitch situation and have been wonderful to work with. When in doubt call Oak Lake RV and ask for Bill, they won't let you down!
- Luke, Minnesota

2019-05-26 2018 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2880WS View Listings

We took this 2880WS into Canada last summer Pulled great, and lots of room and storage. Between the ceiling fan in the living room and the MaxiFan in both the Bathroom and bedroom, is keeps it cool without using the AC. Towing with my F250 we got 12-14MPG in the hills, and 15-17MPG on the flat Thanks
- Roger Green, California

2019-06-01 2018 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2880WS View Listings

This rig is fun to pull, it follows the pickup like a arrow. There is so much room inside to have a family travel with you or sleep over. the pantry and cabinets have lots of room for groceries and games. the large "U" shape booth has room for 6 easy, and the large recliners are the best while watching the large TV. Storage underneath has lots of room too.This is a great trailer, you should check one out
- Roger, California

2021-05-27 2018 Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite 2880WS View Listings

Wonderful RV!! Has everything you need and want! Fireplace is perfect for those chilly fall evenings! BBQ Grill, Laminated White Fiberglass Sidewalls, 2 15,000 BTU A/Cs, Living Area TV, Bedroom TV, Free Standing Table and Chairs, Slide Toppers, Thermopane Windows, Day/Night Roller Shade, 12V Refrigerator w/ Inverter, Roof Solar Panel Capable, Fireplace, Husky Centerline Hitch
- J. Morgan, Virginia

2019-08-30 2017 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 37MBH View Listings

This model is one of my favorites! We go to the RV shows and dealers to scout out the 5th wheels for when we retire. The floor plan on this Cedar Creek was well thought out and allows for plenty of room to feel comfortable! The kitchen area is spacious and the island makes cooking a breeze! There is a good sized couch and recliners in the comfy living room. The master has plenty of storage space. There is a room off the entry that can serve as a guest bedroom. The loft area can be used for sleeping or storage. Good sized bathroom.Overall a great RV!
- Patty, Michigan

2017-10-29 2009 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 33LBHTS View Listings

Wonderful RV for families with young children. Forest River provides superb customer support during, and even after the warranty has ended. This camper has many bells and whistles that allows ease of use for the owner. Automatic slides and awnings which are also operable via remote. Black water wash tank. Separate bunk house for the kids. Astounding amount of storage inside and out. Towed like a dream with Ford F350.
- Rodney Schaubhut, Louisiana

2017-07-19 2011 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 35K View Listings

The amount of space that the 35K provides is incredible. The double slide living room with vaulted ceilings means room for a family to spread out even with dogs. The storage on the inside and underneath allows you to take everything you need for a week or months. Great camper that causes a lot of second looks around the campground. Very functional as well.
- Mark, North Carolina

2018-10-05 2016 Forest River Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK View Listings

Love the RV, perfect for living or vacationing. Forest River thouggt of everything when they designed the Cedar Creek RV's. I would highly recommend anyone looking for an RV to give the Cedar Creek RV brands the chance to make your vacation/2nd home a great one.
- Jerry McClain , Tennessee