2019 Winnebago Vista Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2019 Winnebago Vista Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Noah Nason from Virginia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

I took this RV on two trips one was 29 days and 7600 miles in November 2018. I stayed at RV parks, Pilot/Flying J, Walmarts, and on family driveway. I experienced 8 degree temperatures and below freezing for several days. I drove very very carefully/slowly on slushy roads and on lightly snowy roads. I drove long miles on interstates and crossed the Rocky's twice a few times on narrow steep roads. THE GOOD: No problems with cold weather. See my detailed research on iRV2 Forums. It has plenty of space for 2 adults and a 242 pound English Mastiff. (I have a large ramp for dog.) However, with my 2 bicycles, large dog, and kayak I had to watch my GVWR. I had no issues with driving forward or back. It was comfortable and with stops every 2 hours I drove 13, 15, and 13 hours (1860 miles) without a problem. Shifting seemed problematic when in autopilot and I am thinking of getting 5Star Tuning add-on. Visibility is excellent for driver and all passengers. I have no problem going the speed limit and had plenty of power up all those hills. Unsure what it would have been like if I was pulling the allowed 5,000 pounds. LP, fresh water, grey, and black tanks are big enough to go several days without needing to fill up or dump. I calculated, with a full tank, you could run the gasoline generator (I have 50 amp mod.) between 75 and 100 hours. So this would be a good to great boon docking RV. For two people and large dog it is livable without putting out the slide which made stopping at Pilot/Flying J a breeze. I like the floor plan. It is really well thought out. My wife likes the kitchen layout and storage spaces. I like the fact that I can run my CPAP off of the inverter. THE OK: The truck battery went bad but the house battery boost worked perfectly and it was replaced for free. 12,000 mile warrantee is way too short. The truck radio went bad and it was fixed for free. There were a few minor issues at delivery which were taken care of for free. Fuel mileage ranged from 9 to 5.5 mpg. The 5.5 was into a fierce headwind across Nebraska. The vehicle sways and I installed RoadMaster front and rear sway bars and a front stabilizer. As loaded as the RV was at max GVWR, I felt the RV was a little bouncy so I installed front and rear Sumo Springs. NOTE: All these add-ons are so often installed I think Winnebago should offer them as factory installed options. THE BAD: Winnebago advertises this seats 7 and has room to sleep 4 adults and up to 4 kids depending on size. I don't see how 7 people could travel with a full tank of gas without being overweight. This is a Ford F53 chassis with none of the driving aids I have in my Silverado. It has backup and left/right cameras but no backup alarm. Radio screen is small. Driving lights are not automatic. Merely adequate controls on the steering wheel. No turn blinkers on mirrors. The AV control center over the door is dated (nice feature but no support for HDMI.) RV doesn't come with an AGS (automatic generator start) or the option to add at factory. With a dog we want to know if shore power goes down that the ONAN generator will start up and power the air conditioners to keep our dog safe while we are gone. The wet compartment opening for the sewer drain is too small for our sewer hose. The back tank has a very small seep (so didn't out last two RVs) so when you remove the cap you get sewage leaking into the wet compartment. I added an aftermarket valve to prevent this. This should be standard. Engine braking should be an option. I have had a high end 39 foot 5th wheel and a 25 foot class C. The 5th wheel was wonderful when stopped but driving required lots of advance planning. The class C was great to drive but too small for long trips. This 30 foot doesn't have the space of my 5th wheel or of a large class A and it isn't quite as handy as the class C but is a keeper for our needs. So far it is so easy to pack up I have not felt the need for a tode. I did get TireMinders for my tires.
- Noah Nason , Virginia

2019-06-15 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

I bought my Vista in San Diego, never having driven a class A motorhome. But, just sold my home and needed something to live in while the next property is being remodeled. Driving home noticed an excess of play in the wheel which I found unsettling. Also, when I went over a series of dips on a freeway which were not deep enough to be visible, I literally left my seat there was so much bouncing. I only weigh 100 lbs so that's a contributing factor. Other than the foregoing it drove well. That day I parked and hit the hydrolic jack leveler. It was like an E ride with one side going way up and dropping fast, and other extreme movements. The front right jack was stuck half way down and the rv was very tilted. I called the dealership I just left and the person in sales said that's normal. I knew he was wrong so got on the forums. Learned how to manually recalibrate. Got the jack up but couldn't level. Brought it in for service. Picked it up and tryed the repaired hydrolic jacks and ended up with two front jacks in the air two back ones down which was scary since I was pointed slightly downhill. Service determined the controller was defective. So, they ordered one. Now, the rv is level. They also ordered missing valve covers and missing barbecue, which the dealership refused to deal with the day after purchase. Dealership staff gave me conflicting and bad info, were less than helpful, and didn't return calls. La Mesa service center (located in el cajon) were great. They were polite, responsive and helpful. My service rep, fought with the dealership and the manufacturer to finally get the items missing upon purchase. Everything was covered by warranty, so no cost, just down time. Awesome service, highly recommend. The kitchen layout is great except the long narrow pantry next to the fridge. It's very deep and I can't reach the back. They should have put slide out drawers(available in their small rv) which I have now ordered. I Love the interior, the flip desk in the dash, and the storage. The couch is really comfortable, but does not lay flat when open. So noone could ever sleep on the deep v shape. But, the service department took a photo to check with the manufacturer about this. The dinette table is the only item they really skimped on. They should have used the same wood as the flip desk. It would look so much better and be more sturdy. I may have one built even if it adds a bit of weight. The bathroom and shower are nice and roomy for an rv. The cab over hydrolic bed is very comfortable and perfect for a tall person. The fridge works great and has ample room for just me. The hanging closets, drawers and storage in the bedroom were the best of all the small class A's. The one thing I really wish I could change is the large emergency window next to the bed which doesn't open. I always have open windows and love to feel the breeze. While there's great visibility and large windows on the sides, with no openings in the back you can't get the cross breeze from that direction. I am going to switch the emergency window for one I can open if at all possible. Then this will be a very comfortable place to live for a little while.
- Denis, California

2019-01-18 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

We purchased a new Vista 29ve it has had problem after problem leaks under the slide refrigerator has stopped working twice main entry door broke and we were locked out of the RV now has another leak from the slide if I had to do it over not sure if I would go with winnebago
- Joe silva, California

2018-11-05 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

We purchased a new 2019 Winnebago vista 29ve Oct 20th 2018 our first trip 2 weeks later the entire coach flooded the electrical went out the slide out will not open fridge stopped working and to top it all off the door will not open so we are unable to get into our new motor home we contacted the dealership and are waiting to see when they can send a service person to us this has been a nightmare and all we get From [dealership] is they are waiting for management to see what can be done my next call is to Winnebago and then an attorney
- Joe silva, California

2018-09-10 2019 Winnebago Vista 29VE View Listings

We purchased our Class A Vista 29ve from Open Roads Complete RV in June of 2018. After visiting the lot on several occasions and looking at different models. We had originally thought of the new light weight 5th wheel, but decided that the Vista offered many more options that we liked. The sales staff(Mike, Sam and Glen) at the lot were more than patient, helpful, and considerate with us. The same care, attention and quick service were also present with the service department. With people like Denis,Ronnie,Ashley, and Jan our experience has been great. Kudos to this outfit. Great to work with.
- Patrick Cowart, Georgia