2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (9)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Walter H. from North Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

We loved this floor plan. That was where all the fun ended. Thor quality control does not exist. We have had numerous problems and calls to Thor resulted in no help at all. Appliances that were never wired to electric, damaged parts that were colored to make them look like they were not damaged. Water leaks in the plumbing system. Parts falling off the Motorcoach. Certainly not what you would expect when you spend this kind of money. Support after the sale from Camping World and Thor does not exist. Once sold you are pretty much on your own.
- Walter H., North Carolina

2020-05-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27B View Listings

When we first bought our rig new it’s levelers didn’t work but once that and the small things were tended to it’s been a great rig. We have had it since 10/9/18 and have been to 26 different campgrounds/resorts. Including 2 weeks in the Keys ( don’t recommend it in June with only one air conditioner) We love our small rig because of its drivability and small enough to get into most parks/resorts. Things I wish- wish the seating was more comfortable but we need the jackknife couch for the grandkids. Wish I had more counter space but we have brought a TV tray that works for that purpose.
- Patty Hanley, Florida

2019-10-31 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

We set out on our dream of owning a class A motorhome, and despite all negative reviews we chose Windsport 34J. Great features and floor plan, but the quality of the build has been an absolute nightmare. Just thinking about it stresses me out. Thor does not support their product or their dealers. Features are useless if nothing works properly and one thing after another breaks because it is junk. They build a subpar product blast it out the door and put all the owness on the dealers. The dealers can't fix stuff and Thor is like too bad, and the customer is left in the middle with a pile of crap. This industry needs a rude awakening on quality. If you want a nightmare, buy a Thor from Camping World, lethal combination.
- Richard, Washington

2019-10-15 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 31S View Listings

The floor plan is well laid out and plenty of room for everyone. Having an outside kitchen is a great convenience and the outside gas hook up for your grill is great. Love having the outside TV. The V10 has plenty of power to climb hills and tow. My 14 foot trailer pulls like its not even there. Storage is good but wish outside compartments were bigger. Did not like the way it handled going down the road till I up graded the suspension now it drives and handle really well. I do not recommend using Camping World for warranty work. I have had really bad experience with them. I had to find another Thor dealer to repair my RV.
- Steve Snow, New Hampshire

2019-10-01 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

What a lemon. We purchased this RV brand new. The initial list of problems contained 14 items. Since then, the steps have broke twice, the awning fell off, the hot water heater stopped working, the cab bed won't stay up, the kitchen table won't lock in place, the Jack's stopped working, the rear camera stopped working, and one of the awning arms sticks out. These are just the big issues, there are too many little problems to list (drawer locks breaking, trim falling off, etc). I love the layout of the coach but the problems have made vacationing with it a nightmare.
- Ed Kluk, Michigan

2019-08-19 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 34J Bunkhouse View Listings

My husband and I purchased a brand new Thor Windsport Class A coach from Camping World-Harrisburg(CW) in the Spring of 2018. The day we took delivery of the coach we walked through the camper, at CW's request, and created an initial list of "issues" that were defects from manufacturer delivery. We were told that the items noted at delivery, and any additional items we noticed that needed repair once we got out using it, would all be addressed at a 90-day post purchase repair. Unfortunately, 90-days from purchase was prime camping season, so we made an agreement with CW, the day we picked up the coach, to bring the coach back in for the 90-day repairs after the initial 90-day period so as not to be without the camper during our only months-long camping season. During our first couple of trips with the coach we made note of some things that were not performing up to the standards of a brand new coach and added them to the initial list. In Nov 2018, we brought the coach in to CW for the list of repairs we needed performed. CW had our coach from November 2018 to April 2019 and all of the repairs were NOT finished. CW said the reason was push-back from Thor on approvals, inadequate job time allowed, or just flat out lack of response from Thor Motor Coach for the warranty items. As the months dragged on, and work wasn’t being completed, we gave CW a firm date we needed to pick up the coach because our 2019 camping season was beginning. We purchased the camper to USE not to leave sitting in a repair shop for months upon months. FIVE months after giving our coach to CW for repairs, we were told that a number of the repairs had not been completed and that we would have to bring the coach back in again. We expressed our complete disappointment and total dissatisfaction at the work not being completed. At the end of May 2019 we received a call from Thor requesting we bring the coach back in to CW for outstanding repairs. I reminded Thor that CW had my coach for FIVE months and that Thor was asking to take my camper, again, at the height of camping season! I brought up the remaining list of repairs. The Thor Cust Svc rep told me to send over an email with the list. Upon receipt of the list, Thor denied most of the outstanding repairs including some that had previously been approved but not completed by CW!!! I’ve been sending email back and forth ever since and getting no where. Thor and Camping World have NOT completed the initial list we were told would be corrected at the time of purchase a year ago. The list of items that need repair are NOT customer maintenance issues. They are direct from manufacturer defects! At this point, I can not even trade in my coach for top dollar because of the items that need repair so I’m totally at a loss here. After having all of the trouble we’ve had, I only correspond with Thor and CW via email so they cannot say “we did or didn’t say…” or “that’s not what we agreed to…”. Unfortunately, emails go unanswered for days. They ignore my request to speak to a Manager, they ignore my request to specifically address the list of repairs that are clearly mistakes or defects from manufacturer. They have wasted months and months of our time and at the end of the day the coach hasn't been repaired. We now have a 1-year old coach with issues from delivery that we've been trying to have fixed for over a year! In the meantime of the initial list we've been fighting to have repaired, there is now an additional list of new issues that need repair. That request is also being ignored. I’ve written a complaint with the BBB and PA Attorney General’s office. We will never buy another camper from CW or Thor. Buyer beware!
- Jennifer Lessard, Pennsylvania

2019-01-13 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

It's made well and it's very roomy! I thought we wouldn't use the L shaped couch because it might be too small of a walkway but we were wrong. Plenty of room. We couldn't believe how much storage there was inside and outside! And the drawers in the kitchen and the bedroom are large. 3 close mirrored vanity. My wife loves that and the vanity. It's nice to have our own bathroom and the kids and guests can use the 1/2 bath. Sleeps 8 is what it says about this RV but the dining table that sleeps two is probably better for 2 children. It rides super smooth and not too bad on gas either.
- Frank, California

Verified Owner

2018-12-28 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 35M View Listings

I love this RV! It's super roomy. It has lots of storage space! I couldn't believe how much I could get in this RV between the inside storage and the outside storage. It has 1 and 1/2 baths and that's awesome for the kids and company to use the 1/2 bath and we get the master bath right off our master bedroom! It has really big dresser drawers and a nice 3 door closet. It runs great and the drive is easy and smooth. The only thing is, there was some tighten of screws once we settled into our first campground. Things loosen up in all RVs and so this isn't because of this particular rig. Living Room and bedroom slide outs. sleeps 8 but one of the beds would fit 2 small kids. Not 8 adults. But the other beds fit the 6 adults. All in all, we love it!
- Randy, Idaho

2018-09-04 2018 Thor Motor Coach Windsport 27B View Listings

First off we loved the floor plan, JWRV in Vegas is the best dealer in town, period. We had a few problems, leveling system, coaxial distro to the TV's and the inverter. But its all about who you bought from, Johnny Walker takes care of there customers, I have never heard from Thor other than a thank you letter. It doesn't handle the best on the Highway, but that is not a surprise at this level.
- Bill Jett, Nevada