2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE Class C Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Thisuldo from South Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Purchased unit new from national dealer at local rv sales center. Poor overall quality. A/C runoff into living area. Shades/blinds string breaks (two windows, one happened twice). House battery does not hold a charge. Gauges for grey and black tanks never show actual. When empty, they show 3/4 full. LP gauge only shows 3/4 or less. Interior fit and finish haphazard. Back up camera view difficult to make out when backing in shadows. Replaced "queen" bed mattress for comfort reasons. Aexerra radio/cd/carplay unit difficult to adjust. TV in one of the bunk beds went out in first year. Drawers in kitchen under sink and under fridge do not stay closed. Service department at rv dealer has "fixed" the drawers twice and one still does not stay closed. Sliding door between bunk beds and queen bed came open during driving. When it came open, it came off the track. Was repaired three times. Finally service dept put retainer strap to hold it in closed position. Still not totally usable as now will not open all the way to block off the bed area. Owners manual is generic and most info does not apply to the unit. Service dept does not return calls. Had to get corporate involved for the dealer service dept to call me back. Good: Ford makes an excellent drive train.
- Thisuldo, South Carolina

2020-09-03 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

When I picked it up they were working on the generator and could not get it working. Camping World told me to call for appointment tomorrow and bring it back. I called back and was told they don’t work on generators. First time camping no hot water, slides leaked. It was in being repair most the first season. Several other thing needed repair. Never got sides fixed. Traded this lemon and got other Thor and in has been in the repair shop more than I used it. Still waiting on parts (7 months). I will never buy a Thor product again.
- Gerald Barnes, Ohio

2020-07-17 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

Personally, I will never buy another Thor Motorhome. Within 30 days the countertop started to come apart. I leaned against the drop down side table next to the stove and the hinge crumpled and the table fell off. I securely fastened an oak plank roughly the size of the original table to the cabinet. I replaced the table with a second oak plank and securing it using hinges that are rated to hold 150 lbs. This table seems way more secure than the original table. I had a similar experience with the dinner table. Sporadically the table would come unhooked and collapse. At one point when the table fell the screws were pulled out of the table. Once again I securely fastened an oak plank to the table using a number of screws and glue. I installed a latch to the table to keep it from collapsing again. The air conditioner didn’t work very well right from the start. It barely cooled down the coach. I saw a video on how some manufacturers don’t properly install their AC units. I checked my AC unit and found that it was not properly installed. I implemented the suggested repairs and the air conditioner started working considerably better. However, the unit still doesn’t seem to move enough air through the ducting to cool the unit when the outside temp reached about 85 or so degrees. The large screen TV came with a few pixels that didn’t work. I put the RV in an RV park for about six to ten months. At some point during that time the radio and backup camera stopped working. Another thing that disappoints me is that several of the cabinets seems to have been made using scrap wood and are put in any way they can. I can come up with a few more disappointments, but I am sure you get why I would never neither buy nor recommend a Thor RV.
- Michael Hulsey, Texas

2018-10-09 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 30FE View Listings

I bought this RV from [Dealer], Georgetown Ky, new. When I got it home and let out the slides on a rainy day I noticed water coming in in the bedroom, the electrical outlets worked on the left side but not the right side, craftsmanship inside of the coach is really unsatisfactory, staples are exposed all over, large spaces in jointing wood work are so very visible, staples were used to pin stickers on the vinyl and when they removed the stickers left visible holes, shower retractable curtain falls apart with rods breaking and falling on the floor, some drawers do not have the locks on them and when driving come open, dinette booth is flimsy back keeps moving.
- Eugene Collett, Kentucky