2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE Class C

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Stephen Cosgriff from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE View Listings

We purchased our 26HE at year end 2018. Got a great price ! What a great floorplan! We love it. The Positives - Great appearance , spacious bathroom, queen size bed, refrigerator/freezer, ducted air conditioning & heat, microwave, Big TV, Ford Chassis with powerful V-10 Gas Engine, and a 4000 Watt on-board Cummins Generator. EXCELLENT, GREAT, FABULOUS SERVICE MANAGER AT CAMPING WORLD. The Negatives - Furnace control board failed in the first month. Steering / Handling is an absolute HORROR! Had to spend $600 to have a steering stabilizer installed! Front wing boards not sealed, cheap wood and rotted. Vehicle suspension inadequate for the RV, leans dramatically on the driver's side ( slide out, propane tank, generator, kitchen all mounted on the driver side while right side has the sofa and bathroom only (unbalance weight load). Awning lights failed in first year. No Spare Tire or Jack. Formica kitchen and bath tops already peeling off. No stabilizers on the RV (even though they are advertised as standard equipment). TV stopped working 3 months after buying the RV. Generator has 85 hours on it when it was delivered. I have to admit that our dealer's service manager did everything possible to facilitate repairs. Thor's re-action to warranty requests were consistently unreasonably slow according to the dealer, and caused considerable delay in receiving repair authorizations. That said, Thor did authorize rear spring modification to equalize the weight in-balance issue , authorized repairs to the furnace, and wingboard replacement, and reimbursed us for the Television. We traveled 19,000 miles in our first year, visiting 37 States and 3 Canadian Provinces, and enjoyed every minute of our trips. In my opinion, as an entry class, relatively inexpensive RV, the Freedom Elite is a good RV to own. I do believe that Thor should build the 26HE model on a E-450 chassis since the E-350 with the model 26 RV, does not afford adequate weight capacity for cargo and passengers. Additionally , Thor should furnish ALL Rv's with heavy duty steering stabilizers and front and rear sway bars. The customer should not have to figure out why their brand new RV is all over the road, and then spend over $1000 to upgrade the steering and suspension to accommodate the heavy RV body. The selling dealer is at fault for not revealing these issues at point of sale and is creating a dis-service to his customer by this omission. The many, many, bad reviews by customers, could be avoided if the warranty authorization process was streamlined, dealer salespeople were more honest in their presentation, and improved quality control by the manufacturer implemented. I can tell you that I for one, would have no problem paying a reasonably higher price for the RV, if the steering, suspension, and quality issues were all addressed at the factory prior to sale.
- Stephen Cosgriff, Florida

2019-10-10 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 26HE View Listings

We love the rv but had lots of trouble with small details the converter caught on fire during the night left us high and dry,just behind the cab the plywood was rotted needs marine grade wood had dealer repair but caulking does not work rear storage all rotted at bottom this is the 2nd Thor I have purchased but I know that it is no use to go to the dealer for repairs I installed L frame around bottom of storage compartment and connected to good wood sewer hose hangers fell down which was screwed into rotten wood I installer proper hangers worried as to how long it will be before the floors are rotted out.Tie wraps hanging down wires under rv hanging which I repaired.I love this rv but the under side is poor and no sign of quality on the under side.
- Wayne Marsh, Tennessee