2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE Class C Reviews on RV Insider (7)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Arne Melson from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

We purchased out first motorhome Sept2017 and the workmanship on our Freedom Elite is appalling - list as follows: 1) bathroom corner vanity has 1/2" gap at wall; 2)closet opening appears to have been cut out by a kid with a jigsaw and no pattern; 3)lights and speakers above bed headboard installed at random by same kid; 4}kitchen hot/cold water reversed; 5)roof vent jammed into housing at odd angle; 6)wiring to generator under vehicle not sealed with grommet allowing water to enter generator electrical control box. AND on our first trip, hot water heater quit working. Avoid THOR if your at looking.
- Arne Melson, Texas

2020-02-11 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I purchased my rv in Chattanooga Tn I have had many problems as described in another review but one that has been bugging me every since I purchased it was A water leak in the bed room always water on the floor when I open the slide had checked wit no results after watching I noticed the rain gutter strip is too short and lets all water run in the top corner of slide I found that A tube 5/16 in dia can be slid inside of gutter and will extend it past the slide joint,I just wish there was A rv service that had trained employees or that gave A crap about customers after sales.
- Wayne Marsh, Tennessee

2019-09-25 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Seems everything Ford made or assembled is good. As for the Third part... a LOT is lacking. In my opinion the layout is very accommodating for my wife and myself. Probably would be fine with a few small kids too. Owned the RV for a few months now... Since purchasing I have had to replace the refrigerator controller, the television, the seal around the slide, one of the vent fan motors. I also had to fix the house battery holding tray. The hold downs were never installed and the batteries would slide backwards into the master circuit breaker effectively killing all power to the house. That was a real factory blunder!! Now I am trying to install solar and a controller onto the prewired roof connector. I contacted Thor to find out where the prewired was inside the coach and was told it is in the panel under the bed. I opened the panel and was very sad to discover the absolutely horrible hack wiring job in my rv. Thor literally delivered a fire hazard to me. My entire wiring inside that panel is nothing short of disgusting. I am unable to use my rv now until I fix that mess and make it safe for my family. Lastly, I stumbled onto this by mistake. I found the gasoline fuel line that feeds the generator literally loose and drooping down much lower than the chassis frame. All it would have taken to snag that line on road debris and pull it off, resulting in raw gasoline being spewed under my coach. No, it did not happen and I made sure that never will but it is another reference to the absolutely horrible quality Thor puts into building their coaches. It would seem to me that with just a few more minutes and a real quality control check, the result would pay significant dividend. Yes, I have contacted Thor customer service a few days back and gave yet to hear from anyone. I am not holding my breath that I ever will. I know it is of little consolation but I am pulling all Thor stickers off my rv. I will not advertise for them - they did not earn that in my mind.
- John Cee, California

2019-08-30 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I have had a terrible experience with this coach and it’s manufacturer. It had a tear in the outer skin upon purchase and was in the shop 3 months for repair. 5 months later it was found not to have been sealed properly by the builder and was full of Black Mold, I could no longer stay in it. That was found March 1st of this year. It is now Aug 30th, I still do not have my coach. I have owned this brand new coach for 13 months and not been able to use it for 8 of those months. So my experience is to tell you do not buy this Coach or any from this manufacturer. After all this time no one is Customer Service will take your call or call you back,or answer emails . This is the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.
- Mary Ellis, Missouri

2019-04-29 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

Let's start with the dining area. Most uncomfortable of 3 motorhomes I've owned. Headliner over driver coming down. TV is not a Smart TV, stereo is terrible very tinny sound, more like monotone, first backup camera didnt work, second visual is also terrible. Sealed section on the external are starting to swell. This is barely a year old. Driveability good, mpg 9.5-10 at 65mph. Pilot goes out continuously on water and fridge. Need to fidget with stove so it lights. Luann paneling inside Chips when serviced. Not happy at all.
- John F Hamilton, North Carolina

2019-04-16 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

I purchased this 2018 Thor class c I'm very disappointed when I turn the air conditioner I get all kinds of sawdust all over my bed and thru out the cabin,and after a year it conrinues. I have to tape a garbage bag over the vent when I drive. also there is all kinds of drips from the sealant in the bathroom in the shower dripping down the Walls.the putty in the si k is peeling off. Also there are issues with the blinds, none of them are straight no matter what I do I can't get them to be even.the vents are uneven. The tv is poor and the VCR does not work right . The campers is very noisy .I am very disappointed that the workmanship of this camper is very shoddy for the price that I paid I would never buy this one again.
- Vicki McCaulley , Wisconsin

2018-06-24 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 22FE View Listings

We have only owned our 2018 Thor 22fe for about 6 months. To date we have had the radio/back up camera go out twice. The water heater quit heating water, 2 drawers have fallen off in my hand with nothing in them, the dinette table and mount had to be replaced and the right side bench for the dinette had to be squared up so the table could be made into a bed without breaking. The tires were very under inflated at the time of delivery (50 lbs). There was a leak in the water line under the bathroom faucet. There have been many squeaks and rattles we have dealt with as well. Overall quality of materials and attention to quality overall are very lacking. Very pleased with the (Ford) part of the unit. Good power and gas mileage.
- Gerry Riffle, North Carolina