2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W Class C Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mark from Wisconsin says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

I've owned many motorhomes and campers in my lifetime so I've seen good and poor quality but this 2018 Thor Class C is the worst I've ever seen. The materials are extremely cheap and the workmanship is very very poor. From doors not closing properly, to a leaking faucet to no insulation in the cab - extremely noisey driving down the road. Trim is falling off all over the place. The subfloor is delaminating in areas where there are no water lines. The slide out struggles to go in and out, as well as the power awning. We bought the RV with 10,000 miles on it. Pure junk for $80,000. Thor, Jayco is all the same junk. Embarrassing to show our friends. I can't believe a company would build a pile of crap like this.
- Mark, Wisconsin

2018-07-05 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

Warning to all, Thor is probably the absolute worst at putting out quality coaches. Cabinets falling apart even after third repair! Plumbing leaks and to top the leaks off the electrical (120volt) sits just below and a little to the side of the water filter and fresh water tank!!! Luckily I got the leak stopped before someone got electrocuted!!! The motorhome is still covered in sawdust, styrofoam, dirt, loose screws, wire, pieces of metal. Slide locks up, levelers do not level even after talking to the mfgr. Drawer guides falling apart bearings falling out. Drawers falling apart. Flooring buckling. Note the dealer La Mesa RV has had the coach for 3 months total and everything they said they fixed has fallen apart again. Don't buy a Thor This is only part of it.
- Keith Bebo, Arizona

2018-06-05 2018 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

Horrible quality...everything had problems. Leaks inside, plumbing problems, flimsy doors and drawers, wrinkles in flooring, sewer hookups impossible to connect, ice maker didn’t work, commodes stopped up constantl & Black water tank was poorly designed, tankless hot water system was a joke, A/C not adequate for 31’ ...bedroom was hot, We traded with only 2800 miles on it just to get rid of it at a great loss, but we were thrilled to be rid of it. The worst part was that Camping World where we purchased iit was useless in addressing our problems and Thor Manufacturing was unresponsive as well. Don’t buy a THOR!!!!
- John Barnes, Georgia