2018 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37YT Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (2)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2018 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37YT Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Norm Neel from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37YT View Listings

When we first bought this MH last March I gave a good review of this product, now 10 months later I regret we bought this manufactured travesty. We have had it back for a load of problems. After the last month in the shop, on the way home the headlights failed. Now the radio/camera/GPS will not come on. All of the problems have been caused by poor workmanship. I recommend staying far away from these motorhomes!
- Norm Neel, Texas

2018-05-12 2018 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37YT View Listings

We purchased a new Challenger 37YT from Motor Home Specialists in March of 2018. I will write a separate review of MHS but they have been outstanding. We have driven the motor home approximately 2,000 miles since our purchase and we really only have had one pesky issue that was the result of poor installation and quality control check. I’ll get this problem out of the way first: whoever was responsible for tightening all of the drain lines under both the bathroom and kitchen sink did a really poor job. All of these areas leaked during delivery tests and we subsequently have had problems with the drain line for the bathroom sinks and the washing machine. All of these were caused by a lack of attention to detail during installation and QC review. This is our first motor home and it is our second RV; we also own a one year old Montana 5th wheel which we love and use extensively when we are at our second home in Lubbock, Texas. The Challenger has been easy to drive and has had plenty of power to pull its own load and our “toad”. Gas mileage has met expectations and matched estimates by the dealership and other owner’s reviews. The 37YT layout is perfect for us and provides plenty of room. We enjoy the look and feel of the wood and window treatments. We would have preferred upgraded flooring, the linoleum looks cheep and shows every grain of dirt. Thor could have spent an extra $500 and installed a better looking floor. Speaking of Thor, their service personnel, who I have spoken to about two issues, have been fantastic!! Both calls were answered right away with very little wait. (This is a BIG deal for me, I hate to be on hold for a long time.). Both technicians knew the product extremely well and was able to answer my questions accurately and quickly. They demonstrated a true desire to make me happy and that is both unique and very welcomed. Almost everyone can figure out how to be good during the sales process but very few have committed to supporting their customer after the sale. Thor seems to have gottten both sides of the proposition right. I recommend the Challenger 37YT and Thor for your motorhome purchase. It has been a very pleasant experience for us.
- Norman Neel, Texas