2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Todd from Missouri says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

Bought put Ace from CW Springfield MO...I had done my research and came prepared...but I did not do a thorough enough walk thru after purchase as once we got home we had 7-8 minor issues that Thor did cover but it was a trip back and. Waste of time and travel. Love the RV. We added a steering stabilizer and both front and rear sway bars that helps drivability immensely! Those should come factory installed. Biggest complaint is the terribly uncomfortable drivers seat! It's horrendous. Need an electric seat option as it sets so awkward. We got the larger Onan and two roof ACs. Love it. Would definitely buy another one.
- Todd, Missouri

2020-10-14 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

Bought the Thor Ace at Motor Home Specialists in Alvarado, Tx. We thought this was a perfect size and the price was better than others. Driving out of dealership was the biggest mistake we have ever made. Immediately we found several (9) things that were wrong the biggest issue was he sink would not drain, the outside mirrors were defective and the camera would not work, the door would not close correctly, the levelling system was defective, could see the road from the door floor and the a/c stopped working. It took weeks of back and forth to finally admit to ourselves that the service department at this place didn't know how to fix those complex items like the a/c. Many weeks of driving to different places from Ford to Camping World of New Braunfels and still the problems existed. They would fix one thing and another thing would fall apart. The levelling system had a leak and the levels would not retract. We finally had to contact a Lemon Lawyer and we were able to get some relief from the defects. The company would not take the unit back so we sued them. We were able to negotiate an extended year of warranties and $5,000 for our misery. I would not buy another Thor Ace and after two years we are thinking of selling it. It is cheaply made, the bed is uncomfortable, the steering depletes your strength and stamina. We placed a stabilizer bar in the front and it help a little. These should come standard on all Thor coaches. If you are in love with the floor plan, find a used one that has had all the things that could go wrong fixed. The builders must not have quality controls in place. According to the service department at Motor Home Specialists, they spend more time servicing new models after they have been bought then the older models. They say that the company is putting out these models fast because they are more interested in selling them fast. BE CAREFUL! Disappointed in Texas
- robert.alfaro51, Texas

2019-05-18 2018 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

We have had no major problems with our RV. We were not planning to buy one but we saw the Thor ace and it was the perfect floorplan and size for my husband and myself. We did have small issues after our first outing of three weeks however Thor took care of them as well as DeMondtron RV in Texas City where we purchased our brand new coach. This will be our third summer with it and We are going to take it out for six weeks. We hope that we have safe travels. I hear a lot of bad things about other Thor models but we have been very fortunate with our ace and look to possibly upgrade to a 32.1 or 33.1 in the near future.
- Cathy Roark , Texas