2018 Keystone Montana High Country 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (25)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Lynn Sack from Nevada says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

We've waited years to purchase this RV. We purchased it June 2017 and it's been in for repairs twice now. Several items that they "supposedly" fixed were not fixed or they fixed with a bandaid. That is completely unacceptable. Am definitely having buyers remorse. Wouldn't purchase it again!
- Lynn Sack, Nevada

2021-01-23 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

I Loved this RV.I only have one thing to say I was not happy on. I think they need more storage in Bunk house!Also I think that it's misleading about the size of the one bunk over the recliners in the bunkhouse. It really only fits a small adult or small child comfortably. My son who is now 15 and 6FT can not fit up there to sleep. But the other one above the TV is of good size!
- dawnie316, Georgia

2020-12-02 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 378RD View Listings

We loved the floorplan of the 378RD and though we were getting Keystone's Premium Camper. This Montana High Country 378RD is our third fifth wheel camper and it has been a nightmare from the start. May 2018 first trip out water heater not working, busted shower hose, molding in bathroom coming loose, backsplash behind stove coming loose, wall panel behind theater seats loose, used 30 lbs. LP in one weekend. Had LP leak repaired. Every time we used it something else went wrong. self leveling system quit on third trip. top frame of three slides the wood trim came off. May of 2020 pull out of shed to clean and use. found something pushing up through the rubber roof on curb side of roof in 6 places about a 20 foot long area. All four slide roofs bubbling up in the center. top LED accent light gone, came out of the glue and blew away. Contacted Keystone and had to fight with them about the roof issues. the agreed to patch the side roofs and put drip pans under the slide motors to stop the grease from dripping on the roofs. sloppy way to repair, Keystone denied any help on main roof. their warranty expert advised customer damage to roof and even the dealer that filed the claim advised them the metal protection plate was not installed on top of the wall to keep the nails from coming up through the rubber roof. they still denied. I have never seen a manufacturer screw a customer the way Keystone did. Will never by another Keystone RV. This is Keystone's Premium RV, what a joke.
- Kenny Smith, Mississippi

2020-09-09 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

As with all new RV's, there will be problems and issues and our Montana 305 RL was no exception. Many annoyance quality problems (from day one) that I was able to fix and a few major issues that the dealer had to fix. Overall, we love the floor plan and livability, but not happy campers with Keystone quality! A Montana is supposed to be one of the upper lines of Keystone, yet you'd never know it based on the issues. To be fair to Keystone and especially my awesome dealer, they've been great so far in fixing all the issues, but it is the shear number of issues and inconvenience that is deeply concerning. Now that we've worked through most of the common factory quality issues (most were well-known by Keystone, yet they don't address them at the factory), we're finally able to enjoy the trailers after 2 years of defect discovery and repairs. I often Joke, you want to be 2nd owner of a newer RV. The first owner has to deal with all the factory bugs and warranty repairs.
- Gordon Slade, Utah

2020-07-16 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

Great rv, plenty of storage inside and out, love the bigger refrigerator and king size bed. Shower is good size also. My husband says you don't even know your hauling this rv, it tows really good, no problem keeping up with traffic.
- Jane, Maine

2020-06-19 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 374FL View Listings

Just like being at home with all the extras. Beautiful and very comfortable. I love the open space concept. The hallway makes it look like home also. I love the two door entrance/exit- a door on curbside and a door on roadside makes it very convenient.
- Maria Burge, Michigan

2020-02-28 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Keystone Director of operations Steven Holme. Assured me Keystone would correct my air conditioning issues in my rv! Now Keystone is back peddling and saying there is nothing wrong with my ac! My rv has 5 slides and 40ft long,with ac in front bedroom and rear den, my livingroom which is in the middle was only cooled to 85 degrees last summer with both ac's running continuously. Keystone knows what required to fix this issue! Beware of Keystone products, and be wary if they say they are going to do something for you!
- Darrell Westfall , North Carolina

2020-02-27 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 331RL View Listings

This is poor quality product. We have only owned for less than two years and has a manufacture defect which they are not owning up to. Warranty service is useless. I would never purchase from this company again. Buyers beware!!!!!!
- Dee Bushong, Washington

2020-02-10 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

My Montana High Country has heating/cooling issues.I have owned this Rv since new and recently has become my only residence.This RV is advertised as being artic packaged,but in reality it isn't. Keystone placed tank heaters on the water,sewage tanks, but did not add additional insulation in this rv. Therefore if you are going to use it in the cold months you are going to freeze! This RV is 41ft long and has 5 slide outs, which has alot of open space to heat/cool! Keystone only placed one furnace and it's in the front part of rv,therefore by the time heat tries to reach rear den it's cold.The same holds true for air conditioning. 2 acs one on each end and nothing in the middle. The livingroom is like a sauna in the summer! Too much heat for them to cool this rv with the amount of open space.

2020-01-04 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

This rv,that has a rear den and 5 slides,was not designed for comfort living. Keystone did not compensate for the amount of space it would have to cool/heat when only allowing 2 air conditioners for this 41 ft RV. Keystone went one step further making harder to cool this rv,by placing the air conditioners on each end of rv, but not in middle, believe me you are going to roast in the summer. When cold weather comes you'll freeze as the only furnace installed will be in the front of rv, and not be big enough to heat the den.I have to close the door to keep livingroom warm. Poor thought in designing this rv. Don't buy this, I'm living the nightmare, and Keystone says there is nothing wrong with my rv.

2019-12-26 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Purchased this rv for the additional living space that the rear den should provide,reason I say that is because I can't use it now as it's 20 degrees colder in that room. Keep in mind keystone added a artic package to this rv,for colder weather.This Rv is advertised online rv sites that this helps with full time use,and is also pointed out during the sales presentation at camping world where I purchased it. I purchased this rv not thinking I would have to use it as a residence at that time. I now use it fulltime, and let me tell you this rv is put together with no thoughts of comfort. I am living in a nightmare situation, this rv has more air coming into it than it should, this is my fifth rv and the second keystone rv i,ve own! I have searched through this rv and have found that by pulling all face plates off electrical outlets and switches that there is no insulation at all behind the walls! Another factor is during the water pipe and drainage pipes installation, all cuts for them are beyond what is required and to top it they did not seal around them,therefore you have cold air coming from underbelly into the interior. During this past summer this rv with two ducted ac's running continuously during the day was a sauna.and my electric bill reflected it. When this rv was being assembled there wasn't any over sight/quality assurance being done. They threw this together and basically said,it's not their own so they didn't care what the end product was.It was just another unit to push out the door! My biggest question is, how can you advertise this RV as having an artic package and not have insulation inside? When I spoke with owners relations department about this,I was informed that tank heaters and a thin foil blanket was added to the underbelly for colder climates,but couldn't answer why there wasn't insulation in the interior I can only recommend that you run from this manufacturer,as it's obvious they are using misleading advertising to get the consumer to purchase these RV's!

2019-12-22 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Purchased this 2018 Montana high 362rd in july 2018,it's the worst purchase I have made, as this is my fifth one. I bought this one for extra room and the half bath addition, and also the added artic package. When I bought itI was using occasionally, but now have it as fulltime usage. I was informed that the artic package had extra insulation for the cold weather, they have lied. There is no extra insulation other than tank heaters and a thin foil blanket for the underbelly. I have cold air coming up through my floor vents, air coming around my windows and in my cabinets. The rear den has a 20 degree colder temperature variation between the living room, and as a result I have to keep the door closed or my furnace/ fireplace will not cycle off and on. This past summer I had a hard time keeping this unit cool even with 2 ducted ac's running. When this unit was being assembled there wasn't any thought of quality during the process! I have actually try to find where all the air is coming from,and have found there isn't any insulation in the walls of this unit! So how can they say it's equipped with an artic package. I have also found that when they were installing the water pipe system and sewage drains they over cut the required measurements and did not seal them! I am truly disappointed with the way keystone assembled this rv, my advice to future rv owners run! don't walk away from this manufacturer,as I am living the nightmare! I have spoken with customer care, and their response is, it is only designed for extended use in cold weather. I inquired about the lack of insulation and was informed they added a thin foil blanket for the underbelly.How they can deceive the public with misrepresentations and get away with it I don't understand. I spent my hard earn money for a big tent with sides, electricity and water, what a waste of my money.

2019-12-20 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Purchased July2018, This rv includes artic package. Save your money it's not equipped for cold weather! It does come with tank heaters, but that doesn't compensate for interior warmth! I will have to warn those who are thinking about keystone products look elsewhere! My Rv was thrown together quickly and without supervision! There is no insulation at all in this rv! You will burn up in the summer even with two ac's and freeze in the fall as I'm doing now with a furnace! There was no quality assurance inspection during this rv assembly.I have had to go and repair everywhere a water or sewer pipe was ran into this rv! The factory cut the holes wider than required and did not seal around the pipes which allows cold air from underbelly to come inside the rv,as a result I have had to seal these openings my self.The factory claims they put insulation in the underbelly a thin foil blanket,which is supposedly to help the interior?There isn't any insulation inside this rv! You can feel the cold air around the windows and through the walls. I spoke to customer care, they informed me this unit was not made for long term use,even when it is advertised it can be as it has a artic package for cold weather! Buyer beware, They are not assembled as good as they lead you to believe. There wasn't any over site occurring at all during this assembly, if there had been I would not be having these issues!

2019-09-08 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 331RL View Listings

one of the best floor plans for rv use. Keystone's did nice job on this design. great tv viewing, lots of counter space, and tons of room in the bathroom. Only major complaints is was getting warranty done.
- Bob Biegel, Arizona

2019-08-15 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 379RD View Listings

This is a great unit tons of room.. very comfortable.. has all the necessities need to camp or use a temporary home. I would recommend any Montana product extremely reliable easy to pull and set up.. Love the king size bed, the residential refrigerator with ice make.. the large screen tv. this unit is only been used twice with a total of 825 miles..
- Leonard Simmons, Alabama

2019-07-08 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

We bought our 2018 MH fifthwheel new. Luckily we also spent the money for the extended warrenty. The build quaility is awful. Trim and furniture falling off, fenders loosing screws, factory tires are cheap and out biggest issue being continued kitched slide issues. Now in for the third time to fix a broken slide (fix solutions recommended by Keystone fave proved faulty). This would have cost a fortune to repair without the extended warranty.
- JT, Ontario

2019-04-30 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

First thing refrigerator was leaking ammonia, refrigerator had to be replaced. Cheap made furniture, cabinet molding, dresser top, side arm rest cheap wood covered with contact paper, tacks coming out of ceiling and walls. Tacks coming up through flooring. Tires steel belts separated, now converter not charging the 12V, slides won’t slide in, also causes refrigerator to not switch to propane while unhooked from shore power. Black tank will not empty unless tilted to one side. Now electric jacks will not auto level, have to manually level. DO NOT BUY KEYSTONE, find another product.
- Mary A, Texas

2019-04-17 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 331RL View Listings

I bought this camper the week of (MAY) Memorial Day so we could go camping. The air conditioner would only cool the camper to 87 degrees and that was because i had a big fan running in the camper. Both the dealership and keystone told me that since it was 98 outside that 87 inside the camper was acceptable temperature and everything was fine. In other words i should only go camping 2 months out of the year because the outside temperature will be cool enough that i will not need the air conditioner. In July we took the camper out our auto level broke and we got an error code that we could not find anywhere. The dealership replaced the auto level. We decided to take camper on a longer trip (Aug) this time and while driving i kept getting a error code on the braking system. I pulled the plate off where the wiring was and noticed on the wiring that some bare wires were exposed so it was being shorted out. I just fixed this myself. It's now October and the freezer goes out we were hoping to go camping 1 or 2 more times yet this year, but it ended up taking 3 months for us to get our camper back. They ended replacing our refrigerator that didn't show fingerprints at all to one that shows every fingerprint. The outside of our original refrigerator we could attach pictures with a magnet, but the new refrigerator is made of some other material and is not really stainless steel. The camper just stayed in storage since we picked it up in February. We decide to go camping in March and the first time out we notice the auto level is showing the same error code as before so it's not working. The sink is leaking (dealership winterized the camper). The batteries are completely dead and will not hold a charge even when the camper is plugged in. I've owned two other campers before this one and only had to take them in one time in the first two years because they had a two year warranty. I've taken this Montana High Country in 4 times already for warranty work and i haven't even had it a year. I will never buy another Montana camper again.
- Jim Hurt, Nebraska

2019-02-04 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 381TH View Listings

We bought the 381TH because the floor plan and the garage area was exactly what we wanted. The dealer had to deliver the coach because we did not have a vehicle big enough to tow it. So from June 2107 to July 2018 the coach set exactly where they put it with no one living in it. In 2018 we took the coach on three (3) trips for a total of less than 500 miles and the think is failing apart. 1. The slides are basically ruined to the oil leaking from the cable motors. 2. There is NO heat reaching the rear of the coach. I went to far as to pull off the pipe leading to the rear of the coach. Placed a tissue over the pipe and turned on the heater. NOTHING. not even a wiggle. 3. The exterior trim is literally falling apart. We had planned to start living full time in this coach. I am still hopeful that the company will stand behind what they do. We shall see
- Laverne Black, Oklahoma

2019-01-10 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 375FL View Listings

BRAND NEW and is falling apart, slideouts RIPPING OFF the walls, supports not installed while RV was built, getting denied from warranty! Screens don’t fit frames, gouges in shower, Warenty person admitted it’s from installation people, warranty won’t cover, fireplace sends error code, leaks in BIG front picture window, air conditioner doesn’t work correctly, heat/air control would move temps up/down uncontrollably, shower guard installed backwards, problems with heater, door handles fell apart, molding fell off, this isn’t all the problems we have had... WORSE PURCHASE WE HAVE EVER MADE!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! Beware of this company!!!
- Maria Burge , Michigan

2018-11-28 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

I believe Montana has lowered the quality of their interiors. First trip 300 miles, closet rod brock out of wall, all clothes on floor. Very flimsy materials of rod, end pieces and wall materials. I had to rebuild the whole thing with vertical and horizontal supports, through bolts and large diameter washers. The light trim above the dining table is falling down, screws into flimsy material. All pantry and wash closet shelving very light construction materials. Lots of nice features as well, but the refrigerator condensation drip pan was missing and water dripping onto food, [dealer] did get us one to install. Fenders are flimsy.
- John Murray, Idaho

2018-09-23 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 353RL View Listings

We love the layout and features of this camper. Here's that bad part since the first time we used the camper we've had issues. The first trip out the Heating and cooling system didn't work right, the toilet wouldn't hold water, electrical short in light above theater seats, floor sags when you step on the dining slide, missed caulking in bathroom. We took it in for repair and when we got it out most stuff wasn't fixed. Took it back they had it for three weeks and fixed everything so we thought. After our second use this spring the kitchen slide started to trip the auto reset fuse. Found out the gearboxes for the cable slides drip oil on the roof of the slides. I had to buy drip pans that Bal Accu-Slide sells not covered under warranty. The next trip out the kitchen slide is jumping and jerking like crazy when it's opened and closed. After two trips back to the dealer they installed roller under the kitchen slide which improved the jumping and jerking but it's still not right. I think the cable slides are going to haunt us as long as we own the camper. On our last trip out the furnace burner starts and stop along with the fan starting and stopping. The AC runs until it reaches the set temperature then it shuts everything down and won't start again until you turn everything off and restart it. We take it back in shortly for the fifth time. We plan on living in this camper for 3 months this winter and I have fears the slides won't work in the cold weather and the furnace and AC are going to give us problems all winter.
- Noel Guthmiller, North Dakota

2018-08-02 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

1St the a/c went out 2 days after receiving my trailer. My understanding is keystone would not replace it. The dealer I bought from (midway in Cody wy) paid and replaced it. Bolts snapped off front door. The floor with dinning table fills week. Cheaply made furniture. Sounds like I've been lucky after reading the reviews. Should have done that 1St. My 2001 Montana was alot better quality
- Tina Brown, Wyoming

2018-07-08 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 375FL View Listings

I received our 375FL from the dealer (Mind you) and had to immediately bring it back due to a number of issues. Keep in mind that each round trip to the dealer is $60.00 in diesel fuel. (We live in hill terrain) Fist thing I did was I tried to unload it from my truck; I couldn't because the switch panel that controls the jacks and levelers shorted out! So i had to leave it hitched up and bring it back the next morning. Yup, this would be a sign to come. They took one from another camper until they could get a new one in. I got it home and after successfully unloading it, we wanted to show some family members the coach. The very first slide I opened up was the front living room slide. When I did, the fascia board fell off. The dealer had to re-staple it. The bedroom slide fascia board was split and needed to be replaced. A cabinet door had a bent handle and a crack and had to be replaced. The ice maker to the fridge will not work. Still waiting for that to be fixed. The screws for the wheel well skirting were loose. When I went to tighten them I notice that a lot of the holes were over sized meaning the self tapping screws were stripped out. I had to apply thread locker because my dealer sucks ass and said there isn't anything wrong with them. The outdoor screws to the slide trim were also loose. I went around and tightened all of the outside screws I could find as a precaution. The bed room slide is missing the side and top trim boards (Still going round and round with them because again, my dealer sucks ass). All in all i think the quality is very poor for such an expensive RV. I emailed customer service at Keystone and the response I received was "That's what your warranty is for". Not "WOW, I'm sorry to hear you are having so much trouble and are so displeased with your experience. I'll pass it along to the quality department head". I've honestly have gotten better responses from McDonald's mangers and I've spent far less to receive such a response. Sad, very sad. Lesson learned.
- Ed Shaw, New Hampshire

2017-12-24 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

I bought a 2018 Keystone Montana 305rl November 2017. We camped in it twice and had a couple of small repairs made. The second trip we took with it we noticed the floor on the slide with the dinnett was weak when you step on it. The RV center we bought it from is working to fix it . They've had it for three weeks now ,still no rv.
- Greg , North Carolina