2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (19)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

David McCann from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

I own a 32rli Keystone Cougar.Has all the bells and Whistles.This is the cheapest built trailer in the last 6 I have owned. Polar Pack is a joke. Don't buy this trailer is my advice. Looks are deceiving!! Never a Keystone product again!!
- David McCann , Colorado

2021-04-02 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

We have only had our cougar a year now. Within 8 months, the floor hand complety came loose from the boards, we found a hole in the slide, the sink in kitchen and bathroom came unattached from the casing. Within the first month of having it the microwave blew up. I understand life happens but, its bad when keystone won't even stand behind their products. We paid for the extended warranty and this peice of crap cost us $2800 to get fixed. Will never buy Keystone again. I regret not spending the extra and buying the nicer solitude.
- Pamela Hudson, Mississippi

2021-01-13 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS View Listings

This camper is a breeze to pull with a half ton truck. It's very comfortable because of the spacious layout and higher ceiling. There's so much storage in every area. The kitchen has a stainless undermounted sink with a cover for additional counter space and the stove has a glass cover for more counter space. The king size bed is so comfortable with hanging storage on each side and above. The table located in the slide converts into a bed and has more storage beneath. Windows surround the table, kitchen and bedroom to let fresh air in as well are two skylights. It's a little home away from home.
- Debbie High, Florida

2020-06-10 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 33SAB View Listings

Lot of room to enjoy, great for long trips and tows easy and straight sway bars and stabilizer. Opposing slides make huge living area. Having two frigs and huge pantry is great for long trips. Having a tv that retracts is great for storage and protection.
- Fred Obrock , Illinois

2020-04-21 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27RES View Listings

Scam alert! Worst purchase I've ever made. Bought this trailer brand new One year ago and have had issue after issue. Heaters broken, a/c is broken, leaky plumbing, leaky roof, and zero responsibility taken from the manufacturer!!!
- Daniele, British Columbia

2019-10-27 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27RES View Listings

I had always had a travel trailer, my wife to be said no more camping she hated our Grey Wolf. We got lucky the guy next to us showed us his 5th wheel camper, she said buy a 5th wheel and I will go camping. We looked at several different brand names our sales person when we started looking showed us several the the Keystone Cougar 27 RES 34 foot we were impressed with the quality of the workmanship,the room it has the quality of the future and appliances was 2nd to none. We used it as much as we could buying it in August. We are looking forward to camping as much as we can next summer she retires and I have summers off this camper will make a great summer home.
- Tom Brady, Wisconsin

2019-09-30 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS View Listings

Tows very good. Furnace is so loud it wakes you up every time it runs. For the most part all works good. The U shape dinette is useless, no one can fit inside. The cabinets are falling apart inside trim and drawers falling apart. Adding screws and caulk to hold together. Interior is very cheap. Disappointed. It is less than two years old.
- Donald Martinez , Colorado

2019-09-18 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27RES View Listings

We have hauled this Cougar across the country and back twice and still like this unit. Aside from the usual crappy quality control from RV manufactures with fit and finish we are pleased with how it has held up with these long road trips. It proved to be the perfect size in that it was not as awkward as our previous 36 footer for everything from gas stations to tight camping spots. Pulling it trough the mountains was a breeze even in high winds. Of course it helps having our 2500 Silverado with the Duramax engine in it. The auto leveling system worked flawlessly each and every time and having two gray tanks was useful when we stayed in one spot for a longer period of time. Would buy this again as it was just right for the two of us. Not ideal for families of four or more. Came pre wired for a backup camera which I installed and used constantly on our trips. Thus far we have not had any major issues requiring a warranty claim and given the miles that it has been towed that is saying something.
- Chuck, Ohio

2019-09-16 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

Would never buy a cougar again! Two of the first four months we owned it were spent at camping World for service. Fireplace smoked when turned on during initial walkthrough. Microwave worked backwards. While there, the 7 way plug was ran over and had to be replaced. They dewinterized it when we bought it. Tried to charge us to winterize it again. Didn’t happen!!! Shortly after, all the molding started falling off on ceiling and around slides. Again at Camping World, after three weeks we’re told it’s ready. We drive the hour to go get it and NOTHING had been done! While there we saw the power hookup cover had been broken off and tv and been hit and was busted. Finally got all that rectified. Now in the last three months the slide cable motor on one slide went out and we are on our second power converter! My husband calls this camper the “Friday at 5:00” camper. Quality control rushed it out to start their weekend! Going to trade it in and take the loss at this point!
- Lynn Chalker, South Carolina

2019-07-26 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 33SAB View Listings

A 4 rating on all the soft questions about livability, towing etc. If I could give a zero on quality I would. We are thankful the dealer has been excellent at repairing the numerous issues with this trailer. The blinds were replaced or repaired, kitchen sink leaked from day 1 and no pressure, most of the crappy plastic moulding came away from the walls on our first trip, we keep finding screws laying on the floor not sure where they are coming from, hinge on the door just broke because the door is so hard to open, bed mattress was terrible and needed to be replaced. Hinge on the screen door broke. Would not buy another Cougar keystone trailer
- Bob Hodgson , British Columbia

2019-06-22 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

This trailer was made with the cheapest materials EVER!!! There was no quality control what so ever!! We have had a lot of trailors and every one has been better than this unit. When you pay 38000.00 you expect something of higher quality. Many of the items you don't notice until you live in the trailor. So much plastic, terrible molding, nails up through bathroom floor, rippled wall paper, bench seats that don't fit properly. Broken heater after1 month use. Camper world told us what a wonderful trailor it was, and how it is one of the best on the road. That was one of the biggest lies ever.
- Vickie Gibbons , Utah

2019-04-01 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHSWE View Listings

Disturbing coverage from the warranty department. I had two handles break off, trim problems, cabinet doors that are falling apart and many other aesthetic problems. Warranty dept wanted nothing to do with fixing these. I am truly disgusted after paying $30,000 for a new unit. Keystone deserves to lose business and if my review helps one person decide to go another direction then it was worth my time. The only company equally as bad is Camping World in De Forest WI.
- Scotty K, Wisconsin

2019-01-06 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

This RV has been in the service center more than we have had it in our possession. The cabinet facing throughout the RV was peeling off, the flooring had bubbles, the toilet leaked, self leveling system has been a nightmare, and currently the heater does not ignite, also there were staples coming up in the carpet areas.
- David, Arizona

2018-09-16 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 33MLS View Listings

We have had nothing but trouble since the day we picked it up. Blow out 70 miles off showroom floor because tire pressure was not checked. They replaced the tire but did not fix the damage caused. This led to wires being pinched when retracting slide out which led to shortages in the auto leveling system. Trim pieces have fallen off. Draws and cabinets won't stay shut during travel. This has caused several items to break including a draw itself. The city water valve has never worked. Table won't stay secured. It has fallen during travel causing damage to table and counters. We had a broken chair when we picked it up and they still haven't fixed that, it's been almost a year. The converter went out in it. The facing of the bedroom slide out came off during travel. The laminate is pealing off the walls. Could not dump the grey tank in the kitchen due to no handle release on unit when we picked it up. The glass stove cover fell apart during travel, all the plastic nuts broke. Have not been able to use outdoor grill, can't get propane to it. Been through 2 sets of tires because the factory did not propperly alignment the unit. Outside refrigerator will not stay closed. Can't plug cable in for tv because nobody has showed us where the alledged switch is. Worse design ever for the bed, can't get around it to make it. Customer service with keystones is horrible. The manager at keystone assured us everything would be fixed but it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the warranty approved and parts ordered. So here we set in Ocala Florida waiting for parts when we as catastrophe insurance adjusters should be in South Carolina working hurricane Florence claims. When we asked about replacing the unit the manager stated that there is no lemon law on rv's and we just have to wait for the warrenty work to be done. Keystones and camping world have an "I don't care about the customer" attitude. Once they get your money, it's all over. The unit is scheduled for work to be done tomorrow, but I have to wonder if it will actually get done. We have had appoints scheduled in the past and then when we get there they can't find the parts and we wait another 6 to 8 weeks. Wondering if they are waiting for the warranty to laps. I know one thing for sure, I will never buy another keystones unit nor will I ever buy a unit from camping world. What we thought was suppose to be too of the line product, turned out to be, bottom of the line crapola, ready for the junk yard, waste of our hard earned money, product.
- Angela Bickham, Texas

2018-09-05 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

This RV is all quality construction. It is extremely comfortable and roomy. The auto leveling system is worth a million dollars, push 1 button and your done. It tows and maneuvers beautifully. Great rv
- Joseph D'amico, Florida

2018-09-05 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SABWE View Listings

We bought our new 27SABWE in June, and have taken it out 3 times and now it's parked waiting for repairs. We're not hard on our trailer. In fact, it's new and we're pretty careful with everything. But I am sick with all of the things that have broken in a short amount of time. To start with there is almost no water pressure. I took it in to the dealer, but they say the pressure is normal. Okay, it takes about 20 minutes to run a sink full of water - that's normal? The dealer had to fix the AC ducting which wasn't connected to the main unit at the factory. The valve handle for the black water tank wasn't screwed in and came off in my hand when I went to dump. The weather stripping around the door fell off while driving down the road. One of the drawers literally fell apart when we put stuff in it. The dealer has already repaired a lot of things like broken window shades, loose trim, no sealant around shower, etc. Worst of all, our slide out was off the track the day we bought it and now we have to wait for the dealer to negotiate with Keystone before they'll fix it! I'm reading some good reviews of the Cougar trailers, so maybe we just got a lemon. But I'm starting to feel like I just paid a lot of money for a piece of junk. Until I'm happy with mine, I'm telling everyone to stay away from the Cougars.
- Jeff, Oregon

2018-08-30 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHSWE View Listings

We bought this trailer in Washington to move across the country to N.C. We honestly couldn’t have bought a better trailer. We weren’t expecting to stay in it for so long, but with a crazy housing market we ended up living in it for 3 months. Thank goodness for the extra insulation in the western edition because the N.C. summers are no joke and without good insulation, I don’t think the A/C would’ve been able to keep up. But I’m getting too far ahead. First, the trailer tows straight and feels so light behind a 3/4 ton truck (especially if you’ve got a diesel). At just under 7,000lbs loaded with dishes, clothes, etc., the truck barely noticed it was there even across the Tetons, Rockies, and Smokies. It was always so fun to cook out under the awning with the outdoor kitchen or to grab a drink from the outdoor refrigerator while roasting marshmallows outside. And if it’s rainy, you go into the spacious living area and enjoy the huge TV with surround sound. Putting the kids into their own bunks in the back while staying up front in a separate room is amazing. Mom and Dad stay up and it doesn’t wake the kiddos. If you’re looking for an amazing trailer, whether it’s your first or an upgrade, this is a fantastic model to consider. You won’t regret owning one.
- CALEB SHEFFIELD, North Carolina

2018-07-18 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 22RBSWE View Listings

Keystone should be absolutely ashamed of the lack of quality control during construction of their units. I am totally unsatisfied with what I have found and have not even used the unit to date. Pretty obvious that the workers have no pride in what they are doing and management is not doing their job or just do not care. BUYER BEWARE
- Brad McClelland, Alberta

2018-07-09 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

I like my camper. I like the roominess. I have a problem with passenger side slide out leaking when it rains with slide out. Water is coming in somehow and running under sofa. Edge of carpet gets wet. Side window on drivers side leaks. Dealer is willing to fix. It is just disgusting. No one ever wants to buy a leaker. I am sure my dealer will do what is right. Has anyone else had this problem.
- Kim, West Virginia