2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 Class C Reviews on RV Insider (6)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Ed Phillips from Alabama says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

This is a follow up review to my first review with problems that continue to persist on my 2017 Thor WS31 motor home.After the 2nd camping trip (8/20thru 8/27)I now find out that the black water tank & the grey water tank must be installed incorrectly. After dumping the black water tank every day and a half I ran water from sink in bathroom and kitchen sink with both valves closed on the tanks and the black water tank filled up and the grey water tank continued to show empty.I now have a water leak from shower area that runs water onto the floor in front of the Fridge. Do not know if this issue is due from having to take motor home back to dealership after the first camping trip due to water valve not turned on to icemaker. Fridge had to be pulled and the water valve turned on. Do not know how these problems are not checked at the Thor factory. Seems to be no quality control check-off at Thor factory(additional examples are cabinet doors falling off when opened and screws and wiring that was left under slide-out). I will now have to take motor home back to the service dealership from which I purchased the motor home and get repaired, And the service department will do a outstanding job repairing as always. Service department will continue to have job security while Thor is ignoring quality. I JUST want to go on a camping trip without returning from trip and taking back to dealership for repairs. I would love to communicate with someone with authority at Thor and see how these failures were not caught at the Thor factory. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

2019-10-17 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

Best Class C RV on the market. The coach is classy and reliable. A whole lot of fun for the my family. We never had a problem with the coach. It is designed for the RV novice to handle and for this reason I would buy another Thor coach in the future.
- Joseph Pinzon, Texas

2018-02-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

This is a follow up review from 1/22/18. The motorhome continues to remain in the shop at the dealership it was purchased at since 12/22/18. Continue to question myself on why did I purchase this Thor motorhome?? I have used this motorhome on 6 camping trips and it has been returned to shop at least 4 times for quality issues. Looks like a part for MH will not be in for at least 2 more weeks. Need I say more on why I would not purchase ANY RV that Thor manufactured at their plants? It is obvious that this motorhome was not 1 of the 15 that I have been told that's pulled for inspection. Why is EVERY motorhome not inspected when completed at the plants?? Unbelievable!!

2018-01-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

Wrote a review on 8/3/17 concerning quality problems from the Thor factory. The motorhome continues to have problems. Left at dealership of purchase 2 to 3 more times for issues since the 8/3 review. Issues such as water leaks on awning side inside large locker at back, water leaks in bathroom and also on wall near fridge. Many more issues that I would like to discuss with Thor. Spoke with a lady from Thor in Sept of 2017. No satisfaction from her. Would someone from Thor contact me as the motorhome has been in the shop since 12/22/17. This is unbelievable that a new motorhome left the Thor factory like this. Who is responsible for Quality Control at Thor??

2017-10-07 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

Bought this unit from a dealership in Saskatchewan. When we first purchased this unit it went through the first camp without issue. 2nd trip the awning retracted half way and blew the #7 fuse. The slide wouldn't retract either. The fuse panel turned out to be wired incorrectly and the awning wiring should have been in the # 8 fuse position. Discovered a pile of garbage, screws, wiring, sunflower seeds and sawdust behind the fuse panel and water pump. Where is quality control on clean up at the factory? Developed a water leak after the ice maker was turned on.The rear area of the slide has cut the vinyl flooring as it was glued down improperly and puckered. The 40" TV bracket had the support screws falling out as they were screwed into 1/4" plywood that offered absolutely no support and when the unit is driven the vibration wiggled 3 out of 4 screws loose, also found the upper valance and wall area at the front slide smashed and part of the actual plywood wall hanging loose by the wall paper.....come on Thor!! Some of the finish on the cabinet doors where scratched and streaked. Some of the cabinet cross members were cracked as they obviously never predrilled screw holes in the hardwood. What is going on with factory quality control? We are trying to fix these issues under warranty, but I can only find one place in all of Manitoba that will consider fixing any issues. The dealer is over 8 hours away if I have to take it back to Saskatchewan. They (the dealership) have been great with contacting Thor and authorizing the work but to have all these quality issues come after purchasing this unit is ridiculous $140,000 bucks for me and my wife to clean up their messes. The screws, dust, dirt and garbage shows how they care about their product. I've bought my first and last Thor Motor Coach, ever!!!! It's to bad because I love the looks and feel of driving a "C" Class, but after this one, it will never be a Thor again!
- Terry Aselton, Manitoba

2017-08-03 2017 Thor Motor Coach Quantum WS31 View Listings

I picked up motorhome on 7/18/17. This was after the first WS31 that my wife & I picked out could not be used due to rails on slideout installed incorrectly at the Thor factory. This motorhome was brought to Alabama from Louisiana. The one delivered on 7/18 that came from Florida had to have motor changed out on the electric awning. The service department did a outstanding job of repairing this problem. Had to bring motorhome back on 7/19 due to issues with the TV's. Wiring had shorted out and new antenna was put on which corrected problem. Service department had motorhome ready that evening. Tried motorhome out at a campground the next day(7/20) and the ice maker would not work. Taking motorhome back to the place of purchase on 8/4 and leaving with service department to correct this and other small issues. One issue was a cabinet door above the dinette fell off. I thought Thor was a quality camper but something has changed with the poor quality at the factory. Another issue was screws was left under the dinette area of slide out. This should have been corrected & cleaned at the factory. If someone with authority from Thor reads this review....GET YOUR POOR & UNACCEPTABLE QUALITY PROBLEMS CORRECTED!!! Not one customer should buy a new motorhome and go through these kind of quality problems originating from the Thor factory. The service department have corrected problems in a timely fashion and I would recommend the sales staff & service staff to anyone. Would I purchase another Thor camper? I do not think so.