2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Margaret Tracy from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

NIGHTMARE!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! We are experienced RV'ers wth 12 years of ownership of a Fleetwood Tioga. I wish I didn't get rid of my Fleetwood. We bought a 2017 Thor Hurricane 29M last July. In the 11 months of ownership, the coach has been in the shop for a cumulative of almost 4 months. We have put only about 2,500 miles on it. Our first punch list of items to be corrected had over 40 items. Thor's manufacturing has no process for quality assurance. There is no excuse for the amount of items wrong with our coach. Thor's factory workers are either lazy, don't care or are untrained. It is very unfair to the dealer to expect for them to "finish" the coach. Also, Thor doesn't pay the dealers fairly for the work they do. It is also horrible for Thor to expect the customer to spend so much time without access to the coach due to the time it has to spend at the dealer having repairs. The problems can be boiled down to poor connections, loose connections, crossed connections and general sloppiness. I would NOT buy another Thor coach. Unfortunately, I was told that my experience is not unusual. My Ford dealer told me that he'd never buy a new coach because it takes a year to work out the kinks. A $100,000 investment should NOT cause anxiety and distress like this has. I am extremely concerned about the fundamental quality and safety of my coach. In fact, It looks like they tried to make everything as cheaply as possible. I have no idea how it is going to last. Buying a new coach should be a joyful, happy experience. Once again, we are picking up the coach at the dealer. I pray it is finally right. Every time we have taken it out, we have had to return it to the dealer for more repairs. Many repairs have taken numerous attempts to fix. I am so terribly disappointed. On a positive note, the floor plan is great and the cabinets are beautiful and of good quality. I just wish the rest of the coach had been as nice as the cabinets and floor plan. Sincerely,
- Margaret Tracy, California

2017-07-25 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

We have owned the Hurricane one year. It handles well and rides fairly smoothly, comfortably. We did have a steering stabilizer installed when we purchased the unit. The engine powers up well and we are pleased with mountain climbing. The interior works fine for us. Negative...the two front seats are covered in a slick vynl and a configuration that makes you feel uncomfortable while riding. We are unable to adjust the ? in any way. We cannot drive for more than an hour without physicsl discomfort to legs and back, making it very uncomfortable on long trips. We needed to replace the seat. I called Thor Manufacturing and they offered no help, no option. We are searching for answers. The Thor Manufacturer needs to improve this situation or give a choice of seats.
- Malinda Ann Haney, California

2017-07-25 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

- Malinda Ann Haney, California

2017-05-06 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

We recently purchased our RV from Camping World in Springfield, MO. We really love it. It has features that our other motorhome didn't have. I am looking for seat covers for the drivers and passenger seats because the cats that we travel with like to scratch the seats. The reason I am writing is that the lock/handle piece on the door to the outside is very loose. Camping world sais that it is supposed to be that way. No motorhome I have ever had was that way. It just doesn't seem right. I think that they might have just told me that so that they wouldn't have to fix it. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? it would be greatly appreciated.
- Terry L Zarate, Arkansas

2017-04-04 2017 Thor Motor Coach Hurricane 29M View Listings

Motorhome is exactly as we wanted, good mileage, easy to drive, well built. Outside kitchen is really a must and the 32" outside television coupled with the SONY disc player and HDMI set up, we can put our Eagles concert disc in and draw a crowd! We did have few small items in the beginning, but nothing that I could not fix or THOR could not walk me through. Color camera's L & R and Rear, 4 wheel Disc braking is a big plus and the 2016 transmission 6 speed with overdrive, makes a lot of difference, currently between 9 1/2 to 10 1/2 MPG. I paid for extra coating protection on the exterior of the MH and believe tor not it makes a big difference, I wash it off with my brush extension and mild soap and rinse with a small pump sprayer with water. As far as major issues, the only one we have had is the entry door seemed to be "wrapped", but THOR has sent a new door to my dealer, they just today got the decals that go on the door and it should be resolved very soon.
- Dave Groves, Georgia