2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds Super C 35SD Class C Reviews on RV Insider (1)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds Super C 35SD Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Steven Frisch from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds Super C 35SD View Listings

We bought this unit new knowing it was a compromise from the outset. My wife wanted a gas powered Class A and I wanted a diesel engine. We have had the unit for four months and taken six trips of varying lengths. Having owned an RV previously, we also understood that perfection doesn't exist, although many expect it. Our dealer had us stay overnight in the unit as part of the delivery process and many of the "bugs" that come from the factory were resolved during that process. We are very pleased with our purchase. The drivability of the Class C platform combined with the power of the Ford diesel make it a perfect blend of comfort and practicality. The unit has two slide outs (one full wall with the triple rail feature) and they work flawlessly every time. We had one issue with the auto level system but that was easily corrected with a quart of automatic transmission fluid. My wife wanted lots of closets and this floor plan delivers. We had some problems with the closet rods coming loose during transport, but I installed one of those hanging racks, screwed clamps into the floor and duc taped all the joints. No problems since. We use a roof mounted DISH Gator system, but I had to supplement it with an HD wireless distribution system. Although the system doesn't have all the features of The Hopper, for the price, I'm getting good satellite reception at most campsites. On the rare occasion that the roof top unit is blocked by trees, we just use our Unlimited Verizon wireless to access TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Acorn TV. The full body paint is easy to maintain, the interior fit and finish is very good, and the AC system has kept up beautifully in the Texas summer heat. A couple of problems persist... can't figure out how to make the ice maker work in the residential fridge, there is a short in the Jensen radio system, and the Axxera radio that came with the truck chassis is fairly sub par when compared to a Ford Sync system. We really wanted twin recliners, but the living area sofa unfolds into a bed that we use to relax and watch the big TV. We really are very pleased with our Four Winds Super C 35SD.
- Steven Frisch, Texas