2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau Class C Reviews on RV Insider (15)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Russ o'Neal from Tennessee says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

We decided to sell our 15 year old 33 ft Jayco Designer traver trailer, which we never had a problem with, and move up to a class C RV. We should have kept the Jayco. I have zero issues the the Ford 450 chassis. I have many issues with the part Thor is responsible for. Poor workmanship, engineering and quality. The electrical is a night mirror. Wire running every were inside and underneath. Excess wire is bundled up and ty warped to the chassis. The Seiki TVs are terrible. They won't accept any RV park cable signals. Called Thor and they told me that's the way the TVs are made, you need a cable box to convert the signal. We have been on the road two months and one of the TV has alread quit working. We have had water leaks under the shower. I fixed that. The radio in the bedroom is broke, the radio and back up monitor up front is intermittent, Works when to feels like it. Cold air leaks in around the entrance door. The door is warped. The latch isn't aligned properly making the door hard to open and close. This is also why the door is warped. I tried to adjust it, but no adjustment is possible. The water check valve between the pump and fresh water tank leaks, causing the pump to cycle every few minutes. It also causes the fresh water tank to over fill when hooked up to city water. I would not recommend a Thor RV to an enemy. If you are considering purchasing an RV do your self a favor and stay away from Thor!
- Russ o'Neal, Tennessee

2020-10-24 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31E Bunkhouse View Listings

Spacious with full wall slide. Excellent lay out. Tows great 8000lb capacity. Handles well. Great for travel with children. Sleeps 8-10 comfortably. Bathroom and all beds accessible while underway.
- Beth Padgett, North Carolina

2020-10-01 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22B View Listings

We purchased this slightly used in 2017 from Camping World. The buying experience was OK. Our sales person was not knowledgeable about RV's and how they operate but I was so we were able to get through. The deal was great from my perspective. We had a class "A" with numerous problems including a leak that could not be found that was causing damage. We owed a considerable amount of money on it. We got the trade paid off and still got the almost new RV for market price. We are very happy with the 22B. It has had one or two problems with the chassis and coach but nothing serious. Beware of the relays in the Chevy chassis. The don't do well sitting a lot and will fail. We have had two go bad already causing starting problems. It was an easy inexpensive fix but since the problem was intermittent it was hard to diagnose. I still prefer the Chevy Chassis over the Ford. I've had both and the Chevy has many advantages over the Ford. It is very easy to drive and park do to it's size yet the floor plan makes it a prefect size for me and my wife. It has ample storage and we were able to take everything we need with us. The quality of the build was better than what I expected. Overall we love our little motorhome and it has fit our needs perfectly. While many people have problems with Camping World our experience was ok. Their service ability is not what it should be. Warranty work takes forever and the quality of the work is questionable. We ended up taking ours to a private RV repair facility and were more that satisfied with the quality of service we received. If you're looking for a small motorhome and the ability to travel without a toad this RV makes it easy.
- John Anthony DelDuco Jr, Maryland

2020-08-26 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31E View Listings

This was the first RV I had ever purchased, and did it for my parents but I ended up using it more than they did. Driving was a breeze, set up was way easier than expected, and it has so many entertaining and 'comfort' aspects to it. As a family of 4 with two high schoolers, we have taken it out the past 2 Thanksgivings and spent some time out and about. It's been awesome, we were able to fully cook Thanksgiving dinners, and something we will always remember. Favorite things for me would be how easy everything is in functionality, the quality of kitchen for everything we need, the separate master bedrooom area and how nice that is, and the number of TV's for entertaining when you want to do that kind of thing too. Loved the fact that the unit could hook up to electric and water, but if you don't have access to those things it does have a separate water tank and generator. That was an awesome addition I never would have thought of as a first time buyer. Negatives for this unit would be that the bunk beds are a bit small and my son grew out of that quickly so he uses the bulkhead, but a positive on that was the bunk bed gave us more storage. That's another positive - the unit has all kinds of storage inside and out. The only other negative is the layout of the living room, while not horrible I do wish the driving and passenger seats would swivel, but in the grand scheme of things that is pretty minor. Most people we've ever had at the camper at one time was 8, and it was pretty tight, but fortunately we spent most of our time outside. I would probably cap it at 5 or 6 adults. Anyway, for our first RV experience I think this unit knocked it out of the park. The benefits significantly outweigh the negatives, and I would recommend this style camper to anyone looking for a good get away.
- BEN PEACOCK, Georgia

2020-03-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 26B View Listings

The 26B is a good size it’s not too large but it’s small enough to fit into our driveway. We have had six people sleeping in this unit without any problem. I really like the 18 foot awning, And it has LED lighting for nighttime barbecues. The outside TV makes it convenient to watch the morning news while I cook bacon and eggs. At night we can watch television in the evening from our queen size bed. Overall I think the 26B was a real winner for Thor motorcoach.
- Del Averdick , Florida

2019-07-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

Plain simple quality control sucks. Purchased Spring 2017 went directly to a park first thing water leak under the sink, took it back to dealer, fixed it, next thing had leak under the shower, fixed, molding left off of paneling, two cabinet doors broke, Main large compartment water leaking water inside, they did not use marine plywood it all rotted I fixed it my self. Keys to the outside locks both broke off made out brass (stupid) now replacing all the locks my self. Leveling jack reservoir was dry,out side gutter drain for the roof some idiot bent it to fit it did not now water drips down the side onto the cab leaving a rust stain. Not bad for only having 2400 miles thats 2,400. I would not by another Thor product. If you do have them put everything under pressure kitchen sink bathroom sink shower floor all water lines, check for leaks , check all fluid levels before you sign, check the gutters have sales person get up there and look. Bottom line never will I by another.
- Roy Brice, Florida

2019-05-29 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 23U View Listings

I found this vehicle to be perfect for two people driving cross country with a dog. I chose the Chateau model 23U which has no pullouts and found that the floor plan worked very well. The full-size bed in the back was very comfortable and the kitchen and bathroom were spacious and well placed.
- Bob Keher, South Carolina

2018-10-22 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 23U View Listings

Thor has many manufacturers defects overall. And the 23U with corner bed is terrible. But my fault for purchasing it. The Ford 450 is fabulous. The dually tire stems were missing so I had to take it to a tire shop for air and extenders. That could have been dangerous on the open road. I’m ready to trade it after only 15 months.
- Marcia, Texas

2018-08-08 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 26B View Listings

After 13 months we took a loss and traded the Thor in. We purchased new and have many of the same complaints as others. Entry door was warped and never sealed well when closed. Electrical was an issue. The coach was in service four different times and waiting for warranty parts took 4 to 5 weeks. Converter was miswired and melted and could have easily caused a fire. We were unable to run the air unless we were plugged into 30 amp. Using the microwave caused the breakers to flip whether we were on generator or plugged in. The motor on the awning was replaced also as it seemed to be terribly underpowered and several times we had an ordeal trying to retract. Dinette benches seemed to feel as they were tilted forward. Uncomfortable. We would recommend purchasing a Thor Chateau.
- Dana Yost, Texas

2018-01-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 22E View Listings

Like the design. Floor plan/livability is good. Ford chassis is good. Thor construction is abysmal. If you look under any panel you will see just how bad it is. Haphazard wiring. Screws partially installed. Just absolute junk. Trash and sawdust everywhere behind the panels. Looks like it was a race to kick it out the factory door. Use it as much as possible under warranty to find the many issues that will crop up. After the 1 year warranty you do not exist to Thor.
- Sad RV'er, Iowa

2017-10-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

Bought this RV brand new and have a list of 15 things that don't work after first use. Quality of construction is garbage. I will be returning to the dealer asking for a refund. This is the 3rd RV we have owed over the last 24 years and I can not believe Thor is selling such a cheaply made vehicle that wil be lucky to last 5 years. I will never buy a Thor product again.
- John Morgan, Louisiana

2017-09-03 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 24C View Listings

My family purchased this 2 months ago and its been in the shop for 3 weeks to fix dinette table not aligning, refridgerator not working and other issues. While its under warranty that is rediculous for a brand new rv. I am returning from a trip and Im boiling b c there is no junction box so we cant watch tvs...also on this trip I learned that the power outlet is UNDER the dinette table....no outlet in the kitchen, what genius designed that? The quality all the way around seems to be shoddy for a large purchase. The vehicle shake rattles and rolls when driving the speed limit...we call it chitty chitty bang bang now.
- Christina Tankersley, South Carolina

2017-04-16 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

I just bought this motor home, and so far I'm not impressed by what I've seen. I filled up the RV's fresh water tank and it leaks, the installers left screws and garbage all over the inside of the Water Compartment, and the fittings were barely hand tight, so I had a leak. Having been in the trades for 50 years, I'm very upset by this type of shoddy workmanship, and the total disregard for the customer. Moldings and other items have not been installed properly, does anyone check for quality? If I had to do it all over again, I'd buy another brand.
- Nick Gallo, Florida

2017-03-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 24F View Listings

Quite frankly I'm getting concerned with Thor quality. While doing the "walk-thru", the kitchen sink began leaking! Happily, Dave fixed it on the spot! Now it's home & we discovered the roof is leaking!! Water was dripping in through the light fixture onto the bed in the cabover! Now I'm wondering, "what next"? We haven't even finished packing this rig for our first road trip. Currently it's back at the dealership for repairs.
- Peggy Normand, Washington

2016-09-20 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 24C View Listings

2017 Thor Chateau Citation- Horrible customer service. Fire in the coach 1st trip with electrical hookup. 12 volt control wired directly to ground from the factory. Missing paint around outside window frame among other places, LP regulator quit working 2nd day, Refrigerator never worked on LP- after dealer installed new control panel still not working I installed a new burner assy and fixed. main door sticking (wrong screws installed)- fixed myself. Outside TV never worked (no power). Back up camera never worked (vertical hold problem) Factory sent new switching assy and still not working. Sent claims to Thor 1 month ago still no reimbursement. Will never buy anything from Thor again.
- Gary, Oregon