2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W Class C Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Russ o'Neal from Tennessee says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

We decided to sell our 15 year old 33 ft Jayco Designer traver trailer, which we never had a problem with, and move up to a class C RV. We should have kept the Jayco. I have zero issues the the Ford 450 chassis. I have many issues with the part Thor is responsible for. Poor workmanship, engineering and quality. The electrical is a night mirror. Wire running every were inside and underneath. Excess wire is bundled up and ty warped to the chassis. The Seiki TVs are terrible. They won't accept any RV park cable signals. Called Thor and they told me that's the way the TVs are made, you need a cable box to convert the signal. We have been on the road two months and one of the TV has alread quit working. We have had water leaks under the shower. I fixed that. The radio in the bedroom is broke, the radio and back up monitor up front is intermittent, Works when to feels like it. Cold air leaks in around the entrance door. The door is warped. The latch isn't aligned properly making the door hard to open and close. This is also why the door is warped. I tried to adjust it, but no adjustment is possible. The water check valve between the pump and fresh water tank leaks, causing the pump to cycle every few minutes. It also causes the fresh water tank to over fill when hooked up to city water. I would not recommend a Thor RV to an enemy. If you are considering purchasing an RV do your self a favor and stay away from Thor!
- Russ o'Neal, Tennessee

2019-07-14 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

Plain simple quality control sucks. Purchased Spring 2017 went directly to a park first thing water leak under the sink, took it back to dealer, fixed it, next thing had leak under the shower, fixed, molding left off of paneling, two cabinet doors broke, Main large compartment water leaking water inside, they did not use marine plywood it all rotted I fixed it my self. Keys to the outside locks both broke off made out brass (stupid) now replacing all the locks my self. Leveling jack reservoir was dry,out side gutter drain for the roof some idiot bent it to fit it did not now water drips down the side onto the cab leaving a rust stain. Not bad for only having 2400 miles thats 2,400. I would not by another Thor product. If you do have them put everything under pressure kitchen sink bathroom sink shower floor all water lines, check for leaks , check all fluid levels before you sign, check the gutters have sales person get up there and look. Bottom line never will I by another.
- Roy Brice, Florida

2017-10-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

Bought this RV brand new and have a list of 15 things that don't work after first use. Quality of construction is garbage. I will be returning to the dealer asking for a refund. This is the 3rd RV we have owed over the last 24 years and I can not believe Thor is selling such a cheaply made vehicle that wil be lucky to last 5 years. I will never buy a Thor product again.
- John Morgan, Louisiana

2017-04-16 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

I just bought this motor home, and so far I'm not impressed by what I've seen. I filled up the RV's fresh water tank and it leaks, the installers left screws and garbage all over the inside of the Water Compartment, and the fittings were barely hand tight, so I had a leak. Having been in the trades for 50 years, I'm very upset by this type of shoddy workmanship, and the total disregard for the customer. Moldings and other items have not been installed properly, does anyone check for quality? If I had to do it all over again, I'd buy another brand.
- Nick Gallo, Florida