2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 29G Class C

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 29G Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

2021-08-29 2017 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 29G View Listings

One of our dreams was to spend the early years of our retirement enjoying the National Parks and an RV always seemed like the best way to go. Since this was our first RV we wanted to get one that was easy to handle and it had to be around 30ft so we could get around and stay in the parks wherever possible. We found this used 2017 Thor Chateau that had the features we both wanted, the full kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom with queen bed and nice size wardrobe for her; and an outdoor kitchen, auto levelers and easy site setup that comes with this fully configured Class C for me. Since it was used I ran into some small maintenance issues such as 2 bad chassis circuit breakers that had to be replaced but overall i've done most of my own maintenance and i learned a lot in the process. I've seen bad reviews about Thor Motorhomes but this one has been very reliable. We have taken several 3,000 mile trips that lasted over 3 weeks with no issues whatsoever. We have 2 small dogs that travel with us so we decided for our next RV we'll get a class A (still 30 Ft but more storage due to sitting up higher) that has a King bed, and 2 A/Cs for those trips out west during the Summer. Even though the Chateau has an outdoor kitchen, mine didn't have an outside TV. We have always liked sports and tailgating so i want the full tailgating package on the next one. We liked the layout and reliability of our Thor so much that we just bought a Thor Hurricane 29M. I can only hope that this one will be as reliable as the last one.
- Marc, Texas