2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (24)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.4 View Listings

Total garbage. New off lot 1st trip rain pouring thru roof, front cap was never connected from factory, a,c heater never hooked up, short in leveling jacks, over head bunk was never lined up,camera display in dad short, breaker on hydraulics kicks, dealer support lousy, nothing by excuses, dealer installed a "fix" to hydraulics, must start generator and coach at same time to use jacks, breaker still kicks occasionally. Issues with stove, cabinet hinges number t staying up, decals peeling off, bought in march of 2016, dealer had it more than we did the first year. Dealer rep excuse was Thor just throws these together, contacted Thor and dealer severs times to get repairs done, still going back in for problems. Don't buy one of a Thor Ace you are throwing you money away on a lemon
- James, Oregon

2020-09-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

I own a 2017 THOR ACE 30.3 I have noticed a few reviews/comments from owners of THOR products. Those reviews complain mostly about support, or lack there of from the manufacturer. Just like when you purchase a car, your support/warranty is provided by the dealer that you purchased the unit from and has very little is anything to do with the company that assembled the coach, car, trailer or RV other than original appearance and quality. As far as comments about “Fit and Finish” any minor issues that we encountered have been easily corrected and improved. That said, our coach has traveled to 41 of the 48 contiguous United States and has 20K miles, with no issues worth mentioning, it is a solid coach. Easy to drive and comfortable to be in. At this time I would have no hesitation or concerns to start it up and travel anywhere, it’s ready to go. BTW, that is apparently the opinion of every other ACE owner that we encountered in our travels. RVing is an adventure, enjoy the time on "the road" its amazing.
- Ralph S., Texas

2020-04-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

We bought this camper off showroom floor. Payed cash. We had the Title longer then the unit. My biggest complaint is the AC unit does not cool the inside the dealer put on a new unit and it doesn't cool any better. Lots of things were I don't think were hooked up. Quality control must have been on vacation when mine was built.i could not find any other owners who had good AC cooling in their units and I checked with 10 or more owners with the same problem. Another big problem is the awning would stick and not go out both sides this cost me 7,000 dollars because it was based on a storm caused it.
- David & Marcia Pugh, Indiana

2020-01-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

Wonderful, easy to operate motor coach.This rig has all the power necessary to tow my car or motorcycle without forfeiting control and a whole lot of gas mileage. Very full featured, we have enjoyed every mile.
- Aaron Gersh, Arizona

2019-12-30 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

A very good RV overall. The large slide out gives you amazing room for the full timer and the weekend warrior as well. I love the multi sleeping arrangements with 4 beds. The outside kitchen with the BBQ Propane outlet lets you be with your guest outside. The outside sink is a bit small but useful. drivability is great and being as small as it is, the parking is amazing. If your looking for an turnkey vehicle with all the extras, the 29.3 is the vehicle for you.
- donald, Michigan

2019-08-18 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

I bought this RV new as a back up living space after I sold my home. I also used it at local campgrounds while airbnb'ing my cabin. It is surprisingly easy to drive and also easy to set up for overnight stays. The stock mattress it came with was less than desirable and so I replaced it with a nice memory foam mattress from Tuft and Needle. This has worked well. It has a huge storage space in the rear that is easy to access and comes in very handy for longer trips. Overall this has been a great user friendly RV. (just for reference, I had never driven an RV prior to buying this one)
- Mary Flora, Tennessee

2019-04-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 BUNKHOUSE View Listings

We have had owned pop-up's , C Class , A Class and 5th wheels . Decided at our age we needed a new A Class . Was talking into Thor Ace Bunk and had troubles from day one. Front window leaked , Door did not fit correctly , front of cabinet of bathrooms sink came lose . Bathroom wall came lose . Shower door gasket fell out and they glued it to the outside instead of putting it in the channel it was suppose to go in. Stove burner was not attached and dent put in oven door by service department . The slide would not work . The back up camera has gone out twice . The list goes on and on . Wish I had never seen this Coach . Garbage .... DO NOT BUY THOR PRODUCT AND FORGET CAMPER WORLD !!
- Carlene, Georgia

2019-03-30 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.2 View Listings

Nice smaller Class A Gas Love the outdoor kitchen Easy to park Tow our Jeep Wrangler no problem Very livable Outside Propane tap for gas grill Larger tires than Class C Drop down bed the grandkids love
- N Harris, Arkansas

2019-03-26 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 BUNKHOUSE View Listings

BEWARE BUYER OF THOR PRODUCTS Purchased a new Thor 2017 A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse RV July 2017. I like the bunkhouse design. If this RV had been made with quality products and workmanship, it would have been as good as any I could have purchased. This is has not been a lemon, it has been a grapefruit; severe leaking roof, generator caught on fire, electrical issues X 5, just to name a few. It has been at Camping World 65% of the time since purchase. Thor will not backup their product, will treat you with no understanding and won't try to make fair decisions to help the buyer recover from such loss due to their poor workmanship. The generator fire while on top of Smoky Mountain, NC in the night was due to unit being wired backwards; it was one of my scariest moments.I have visited Air Stream manufacturing in Ohio and Thor work standards are not close to theirs. What a shame! This coach could have been one of their best, except they must have hired off the street workmen and gave no supervision to them. I feel the company is most unethical. I am a 77 y.o. widow, traveling alone, and the wife of a 20 yr. ex US Navy retired man. I learned during these years how to get blood out of a turnip when the squadron would go out to sea, so I'll try anything once, but you must give me something to work with first. . . Thor products do not do that. I asked Thor if they would accept the RV back at headquarters and use it as a teaching tool for new hires or take it back and replace the electrical system with new one installed by a knowledgeable electrician. They refused and kept telling me to take it to Camping World. Well.....I did. Three new consoles containing the rear camera have been installed and the camera will still go out when the mechanism gets hot after about 60 miles. I have not been able to enjoy the travel I wished for, certainly do not have the confidence in the safety and security of this particular coach and am so disappointed the company would not take any action to provide me with an acceptable and safe operating coach. I have recently hired an attorney to assist with the great financial loss, since Thor will not reasonably cooperate.I do not see this company staying in business under the Thor brand; they do own several other makes, i.e., Air Stream, but changes will have to be made to survive. It is all in the poor quality of parts, supplies and workmanship; design is nice. What a shame!
- PATRICIA CALDWELL, South Carolina

2019-03-25 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

Thor Motor Coach Company does not stand behind their products. My coach has been sitting at Camping World in Tampa for 5 mths. We pay quite a bit of many for a covered storage unit each month for the coach to be shaded & protected from the sun & for 5 mths it has been baking in the FL sun because Thor keeps denying the requests for repair. The coach we bought brand new apparently had been delivered to Camping World with no rubber seal around the slide out, that is supposed to have been there for anti leakage purposes. Water was leaking on us while laying in bed. They finally fixed the leak after changing out the stained headboard 2 or 3 times, well that left us with a wet mattress. I have called Thor & Camping World a dozen or more times, I have record of every call, only to be told they would check in to it & get back to me. Guess what, that was 3 weeks ago, still nothing. I told them we will have to be staying in our Motor home due to having to get out of our home by April 16th. They don't even care that we need to live in it for a while so we're not living on the street. I could go on & on but it's not going to help. They genuinely do not care about their customers. It is so apparent. You can find so many negative reviews on the internet about Thor, just google it. I hate having to complain on social media like this but they clearly leave me no choice. I have been given the run around & I have literally had enough. Please, before you buy a Thor product, have it inspected by a professional because Thor is willing to sell defective RV's and not stand behind their warranty. They deny claims that can be proven fault of their own. I do have records of everything I have written here.
- Debi Sherrod, Florida

2019-02-05 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

Purchased this RV new, it is a entry level class A I am told. After looking at several models from several manufacturers we found this floor plan to be our favorite. It is 100% functional even with both slides closed, and the shower is large. The coach handled well as equipped from manufacturer. The fit and finish is nothing to brag about but it is definetly acceptable considering the price. I have had only a couple minor warranty repairs in 22 months of ownership and over15,000 miles of travel. Like all RV owners I have spent about 5k on comfort upgrades to fit our lifestyle. Theater recliners, satalite TV, mattress upgrade, 2nd A/C unit, 5 star tune,solar panel,better house batteries,and a couple handeling improvements. Plus a handful of smaller items. So for me a affordable purchase price on a new coach with a great floor plan has allowed me to make the upgrades important to us. We enjoy traveling and staying in our ACE 30.3
- Ray , California

2018-12-10 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

We have taken 2 trips, one to Texas and the other for 3 months last winter to Florida. We enjoyed the scenery as we drove. We watched TV just as we would have at home. The King bed is confortable and it's east to drive.
- Paula Smith, Massachusetts

2018-08-27 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

Only had this Unit for less than a year. Used it for 14 days of camping. The rest of the time it is in the garage being fixed. From the roof, to kitchen drain not hooked up,Wires hanging above rear tires. The list goes on & on. Not a good buy. Not sure if I would want to live in this coach. Because of all the Problems
- Ron, California

2018-07-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

If outdoor temp is above 90, you can't cool the inside to more than 80-84. This week was 100 and inside temp with ac on was 93. a/c inspection sent to Thor by dealer and they said said you need to add 2nd a/c unit and even though in our 2 yr warranty and dealer says design problem, Thor will not agree to do anything about it. Even split the $8600 cost of having to upgrade to 50 amp and a second a/c. The rv works perfectly for what we need, but we can't have dogs or people in a unit that we can't cool and we could never go to the south with this rv. Now they offer 2 a/c units on 2019 Thor Ace, but tell us we are just out of luck even though the design of a/c is flawed. Thor is worst.
- Pam, Missouri

2018-07-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

I have read the bad reviews and dont know if I got lucky but I luv my 2017 30.4 ace . may also have to do with the dealer, wades rv in glenpool okla has been great with the couple of expected issues and servicing. I have no issues with handling or drivability and once iz got used to driving the coach it is alot of fun.
- willie ortiz, Oklahoma

2018-02-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 BUNKHOUSE View Listings

DO NOT PURCHASE ANY THOR RVs. Purchased a Thor A.C.E. 30.2 and it has been in the shop for repairs 60% of the time The first repair was scheduled the first day of purchased and has continued. The list of defects/problems is too long to write here. I have owned 5 RVs and decided I would downsize. WOW!!! what a horrible mistake. Briefly, customer service is poor and Camping World is so slow in repairing, the coach sits on the lot for 3 weeks before parts come in and repair can begin. Some issues are: GENERATOR CAUGHT ON FIRE (safety issue), front door lock broke when began first trip, center console with side and rear cameras has been replaced 3 times in 6 months (each trip the console has gone blank after 60-100 miles; terrible driving in some cities without the rear camera, hardware left off overhead bed support, screws coming out on the floor after each trip (wonder if the slide will fall off any day now), Thor customer service stinks!, letter to CEO of Thor documenting all problems and the secretary replied basically saying, "Thank you", and etc. This coach is not a lemon, it is a GRAPEFRUIT! Attorney working to file suit for me now. Safety is such a big issue. Just wish I had read the reviews prior to purchasing. Please! do not purchase a Thor product/vehicle.
- Patricia Caldwell, South Carolina

2018-01-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

This is my First RV I have purchased.. 7 months old. My Ace has many issues. Replaced back up camera motor, Replaced motor to overhead bed. Door does does close properly. Air conditioner pan was not screwed in right, so pan was tilted and when I used my A.C. Water would leak. The tailpipe fell and was dragging on I10 East. Ford would not tow for safety reasons, Camping world could not help due to it being a three day weekend. Got stuck paying $421.00 for tow and fix. The mechanic states that when they put the coach together they did not align the tail pipe with the coach, so they just welded it on. Poor Quality.. Waterbwas seeping in the back of the sink. Note that it has been raining for 8 Hours straight. Checked hoses and no leaks. This is a mystery until I can take it in to get it checked. This is my First and definitely my last THOR Motorhome I will buy. JUNK, JUNK, JUNK.
- Patricia Morales, Florida

2018-01-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 27.2 View Listings

An absolute nightmare to drive. Another $5000 to $9000 to improve. Huge MISTAKE to buy. Quality poor, engineering not thought out & causes it's own issues. Hoses pinched, shower floor unsafe ..... in service 4 1/2 months of our 1st 10 months owning it. Took the loss & traded it in.
- Dee Speck, Pennsylvania

2017-10-18 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 View Listings

Wish we would have read these reviews before purchasing a Thor MH. Problems from day 1 and many 200 mile round trips back to the dealer who gets stuck fixing Thor inferior product. First trip out the awning bent. Discovered they put the roof completely OVER the frige vent, installed the kitchen slide wrong and messed up the stabilizers. POOR construction. What the hell??
- becki, Pennsylvania

2017-09-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

We just recently traded our 40 ft Forest River 5th wheel for the Thor 30.1. We are trying to adjust to the downsized motorhome. We had several problems right off the bat. The A/C doesn't cool if the outside temp is over 80 degrees, which in Arkansas is most of the time. The awning hangs and doesn't open without manually pulling it out. The control panel just inside the door collapsed and we had to have it re-attached. We took it back to dealer and they kept it 3 weeks and said nothing was wrong with the A/C, but they cleaned out the A/C ducts and said it should work better. I have been very disappointed over all, but we have only been out for 3 short trips and we are going to try to give it more time. Its easier to maneuver in small RV parks than the larger 5th wheel, but if it doesn't work out we may go back to a smaller 5th wheel.
- Don Hill, Arkansas

2017-08-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.4 View Listings

Thor ace 29.4 2017, spent the first couple of months in repair shop. Left on our first trip and the windshield wipers spun completely around and stopped. Had to have front grill replaced, screaming wind noise made it unbearable to drive. Driving to Florida last week had a rattle around the door real bad, stopped and tightened all screws around door. All was loose or had fallen out. In Georgia the passengers captains chair fell off over. Nut came off bolt that holds it on. 2 draws in wardrobe fell put. Should have had 2 screws on each draw slide, only had one. Pump in out door kitchen did not work on day of delivery, took 3 weeks to get. If they sold this unit with a 2 thousand dollar tool kit it would be nice. Had to register it as a 2016 due to the chassie year. And was going to trade it but was told its ready a year old, have to trade as a 16 but purchased a 17. Would never recommend this dealer to any one. Thor sucks
- Alan mott, Maine

2017-06-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

Love the floor plan with the single slide out, fantastic storage areas inside and out. Have had it now for 2 months and 3 camping trips. The shower stall leaked water around the bottom of the enclosure which was repaired with some caulking by me. The entrance door is a bit difficult to open and shut. This trip the LED awning light strip quit working and I do not know what that problem is yet. The check engine light came on and I called Ford motor home assistance line and they explained it was not serious but to take it to a Ford dealer soon. Contacted my Ford dealer and while scheduling they found a recall just issued for rear axle bolts that needed attention so it is all going to work out. Granted it is not a top of the line motorhome but we are pleased with it so far for what we use it for, housing us mostly at campsites and three grand children occasionally. Plenty of power for running on the interstate and up the mountains of Tennessee. Comfortable ride in windy wet weather with caution of course. So far we are pleased.
- Ed Purcell, Alabama

2017-05-29 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 29.3 View Listings

Worst rv to drive all over the road bought new you would think you wouldn't have to spent a lot of money to stop the swaying going down the road also every time I took it somewhere something needed fixed it only has 5000 miles on
- Robert collins, Ohio

2017-05-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 View Listings

since 9-17-2016 our ace 30.2 has been in the shop for over 90 days. Mostly bad Thor workmanship. The finance person made one last ditch effort to sell us the very expensive extended warranty after the financial paperwork signing and said " you should think again about purchasing an extended warranty as you hsve purchased an inferior Thor product". Got the same quote from the Service manager in a sit down meeting with him
- pm, New Hampshire