2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Ed Purcell from Alabama says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

Love the floor plan with the single slide out, fantastic storage areas inside and out. Have had it now for 2 months and 3 camping trips. The shower stall leaked water around the bottom of the enclosure which was repaired with some caulking by me. The entrance door is a bit difficult to open and shut. This trip the LED awning light strip quit working and I do not know what that problem is yet. The check engine light came on and I called Ford motor home assistance line and they explained it was not serious but to take it to a Ford dealer soon. Contacted my Ford dealer and while scheduling they found a recall just issued for rear axle bolts that needed attention so it is all going to work out. Granted it is not a top of the line motorhome but we are pleased with it so far for what we use it for, housing us mostly at campsites and three grand children occasionally. Plenty of power for running on the interstate and up the mountains of Tennessee. Comfortable ride in windy wet weather with caution of course. So far we are pleased.
- Ed Purcell, Alabama

2018-07-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

If outdoor temp is above 90, you can't cool the inside to more than 80-84. This week was 100 and inside temp with ac on was 93. a/c inspection sent to Thor by dealer and they said said you need to add 2nd a/c unit and even though in our 2 yr warranty and dealer says design problem, Thor will not agree to do anything about it. Even split the $8600 cost of having to upgrade to 50 amp and a second a/c. The rv works perfectly for what we need, but we can't have dogs or people in a unit that we can't cool and we could never go to the south with this rv. Now they offer 2 a/c units on 2019 Thor Ace, but tell us we are just out of luck even though the design of a/c is flawed. Thor is worst.
- Pam, Missouri

2018-07-09 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.4 View Listings

I have read the bad reviews and dont know if I got lucky but I luv my 2017 30.4 ace . may also have to do with the dealer, wades rv in glenpool okla has been great with the couple of expected issues and servicing. I have no issues with handling or drivability and once iz got used to driving the coach it is alot of fun.
- willie ortiz, Oklahoma