2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Debi Sherrod from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

Thor Motor Coach Company does not stand behind their products. My coach has been sitting at Camping World in Tampa for 5 mths. We pay quite a bit of many for a covered storage unit each month for the coach to be shaded & protected from the sun & for 5 mths it has been baking in the FL sun because Thor keeps denying the requests for repair. The coach we bought brand new apparently had been delivered to Camping World with no rubber seal around the slide out, that is supposed to have been there for anti leakage purposes. Water was leaking on us while laying in bed. They finally fixed the leak after changing out the stained headboard 2 or 3 times, well that left us with a wet mattress. I have called Thor & Camping World a dozen or more times, I have record of every call, only to be told they would check in to it & get back to me. Guess what, that was 3 weeks ago, still nothing. I told them we will have to be staying in our Motor home due to having to get out of our home by April 16th. They don't even care that we need to live in it for a while so we're not living on the street. I could go on & on but it's not going to help. They genuinely do not care about their customers. It is so apparent. You can find so many negative reviews on the internet about Thor, just google it. I hate having to complain on social media like this but they clearly leave me no choice. I have been given the run around & I have literally had enough. Please, before you buy a Thor product, have it inspected by a professional because Thor is willing to sell defective RV's and not stand behind their warranty. They deny claims that can be proven fault of their own. I do have records of everything I have written here.
- Debi Sherrod, Florida

2020-09-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

I own a 2017 THOR ACE 30.3 I have noticed a few reviews/comments from owners of THOR products. Those reviews complain mostly about support, or lack there of from the manufacturer. Just like when you purchase a car, your support/warranty is provided by the dealer that you purchased the unit from and has very little is anything to do with the company that assembled the coach, car, trailer or RV other than original appearance and quality. As far as comments about “Fit and Finish” any minor issues that we encountered have been easily corrected and improved. That said, our coach has traveled to 41 of the 48 contiguous United States and has 20K miles, with no issues worth mentioning, it is a solid coach. Easy to drive and comfortable to be in. At this time I would have no hesitation or concerns to start it up and travel anywhere, it’s ready to go. BTW, that is apparently the opinion of every other ACE owner that we encountered in our travels. RVing is an adventure, enjoy the time on "the road" its amazing.
- Ralph S., Texas

2020-04-21 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

We bought this camper off showroom floor. Payed cash. We had the Title longer then the unit. My biggest complaint is the AC unit does not cool the inside the dealer put on a new unit and it doesn't cool any better. Lots of things were I don't think were hooked up. Quality control must have been on vacation when mine was built.i could not find any other owners who had good AC cooling in their units and I checked with 10 or more owners with the same problem. Another big problem is the awning would stick and not go out both sides this cost me 7,000 dollars because it was based on a storm caused it.
- David & Marcia Pugh, Indiana

2019-02-05 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.3 View Listings

Purchased this RV new, it is a entry level class A I am told. After looking at several models from several manufacturers we found this floor plan to be our favorite. It is 100% functional even with both slides closed, and the shower is large. The coach handled well as equipped from manufacturer. The fit and finish is nothing to brag about but it is definetly acceptable considering the price. I have had only a couple minor warranty repairs in 22 months of ownership and over15,000 miles of travel. Like all RV owners I have spent about 5k on comfort upgrades to fit our lifestyle. Theater recliners, satalite TV, mattress upgrade, 2nd A/C unit, 5 star tune,solar panel,better house batteries,and a couple handeling improvements. Plus a handful of smaller items. So for me a affordable purchase price on a new coach with a great floor plan has allowed me to make the upgrades important to us. We enjoy traveling and staying in our ACE 30.3
- Ray , California