2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 BUNKHOUSE Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 BUNKHOUSE Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

PATRICIA CALDWELL from South Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 BUNKHOUSE View Listings

BEWARE BUYER OF THOR PRODUCTS Purchased a new Thor 2017 A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse RV July 2017. I like the bunkhouse design. If this RV had been made with quality products and workmanship, it would have been as good as any I could have purchased. This is has not been a lemon, it has been a grapefruit; severe leaking roof, generator caught on fire, electrical issues X 5, just to name a few. It has been at Camping World 65% of the time since purchase. Thor will not backup their product, will treat you with no understanding and won't try to make fair decisions to help the buyer recover from such loss due to their poor workmanship. The generator fire while on top of Smoky Mountain, NC in the night was due to unit being wired backwards; it was one of my scariest moments.I have visited Air Stream manufacturing in Ohio and Thor work standards are not close to theirs. What a shame! This coach could have been one of their best, except they must have hired off the street workmen and gave no supervision to them. I feel the company is most unethical. I am a 77 y.o. widow, traveling alone, and the wife of a 20 yr. ex US Navy retired man. I learned during these years how to get blood out of a turnip when the squadron would go out to sea, so I'll try anything once, but you must give me something to work with first. . . Thor products do not do that. I asked Thor if they would accept the RV back at headquarters and use it as a teaching tool for new hires or take it back and replace the electrical system with new one installed by a knowledgeable electrician. They refused and kept telling me to take it to Camping World. Well.....I did. Three new consoles containing the rear camera have been installed and the camera will still go out when the mechanism gets hot after about 60 miles. I have not been able to enjoy the travel I wished for, certainly do not have the confidence in the safety and security of this particular coach and am so disappointed the company would not take any action to provide me with an acceptable and safe operating coach. I have recently hired an attorney to assist with the great financial loss, since Thor will not reasonably cooperate.I do not see this company staying in business under the Thor brand; they do own several other makes, i.e., Air Stream, but changes will have to be made to survive. It is all in the poor quality of parts, supplies and workmanship; design is nice. What a shame!
- PATRICIA CALDWELL, South Carolina

2019-04-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 BUNKHOUSE View Listings

We have had owned pop-up's , C Class , A Class and 5th wheels . Decided at our age we needed a new A Class . Was talking into Thor Ace Bunk and had troubles from day one. Front window leaked , Door did not fit correctly , front of cabinet of bathrooms sink came lose . Bathroom wall came lose . Shower door gasket fell out and they glued it to the outside instead of putting it in the channel it was suppose to go in. Stove burner was not attached and dent put in oven door by service department . The slide would not work . The back up camera has gone out twice . The list goes on and on . Wish I had never seen this Coach . Garbage .... DO NOT BUY THOR PRODUCT AND FORGET CAMPER WORLD !!
- Carlene, Georgia

2018-02-15 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 BUNKHOUSE View Listings

DO NOT PURCHASE ANY THOR RVs. Purchased a Thor A.C.E. 30.2 and it has been in the shop for repairs 60% of the time The first repair was scheduled the first day of purchased and has continued. The list of defects/problems is too long to write here. I have owned 5 RVs and decided I would downsize. WOW!!! what a horrible mistake. Briefly, customer service is poor and Camping World is so slow in repairing, the coach sits on the lot for 3 weeks before parts come in and repair can begin. Some issues are: GENERATOR CAUGHT ON FIRE (safety issue), front door lock broke when began first trip, center console with side and rear cameras has been replaced 3 times in 6 months (each trip the console has gone blank after 60-100 miles; terrible driving in some cities without the rear camera, hardware left off overhead bed support, screws coming out on the floor after each trip (wonder if the slide will fall off any day now), Thor customer service stinks!, letter to CEO of Thor documenting all problems and the secretary replied basically saying, "Thank you", and etc. This coach is not a lemon, it is a GRAPEFRUIT! Attorney working to file suit for me now. Safety is such a big issue. Just wish I had read the reviews prior to purchasing. Please! do not purchase a Thor product/vehicle.
- Patricia Caldwell, South Carolina