2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Don Hill from Arkansas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

We just recently traded our 40 ft Forest River 5th wheel for the Thor 30.1. We are trying to adjust to the downsized motorhome. We had several problems right off the bat. The A/C doesn't cool if the outside temp is over 80 degrees, which in Arkansas is most of the time. The awning hangs and doesn't open without manually pulling it out. The control panel just inside the door collapsed and we had to have it re-attached. We took it back to dealer and they kept it 3 weeks and said nothing was wrong with the A/C, but they cleaned out the A/C ducts and said it should work better. I have been very disappointed over all, but we have only been out for 3 short trips and we are going to try to give it more time. Its easier to maneuver in small RV parks than the larger 5th wheel, but if it doesn't work out we may go back to a smaller 5th wheel.
- Don Hill, Arkansas

2021-04-13 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

We purchased our unit in the fall of 2016 in Wisconsin. Not one year has gone by that we haven’t had to deal with leaking problems. Thor Industries quality control is terrible as is their customer service. If we had not purchased an extended warranty we would not have been able to use it. The most recent leak damaged the rear cap’s internal wall causing wood rot. We were not aware until the bedroom wall stared to bubble. Thor as usual places the blame on us. This is heartbreaking as our unit has been in service departments more than on the road. This was to be our retirement. I can only advise to never buy a Thor product, they consistently blame the owners and take no responsibility on quality control. We found out that the company we purchased our unit through ceased selling Thor products because of the client complaints and quality control.
- Jon and Sandra Ruatti, South Carolina

2018-01-28 2017 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

This is my First RV I have purchased.. 7 months old. My Ace has many issues. Replaced back up camera motor, Replaced motor to overhead bed. Door does does close properly. Air conditioner pan was not screwed in right, so pan was tilted and when I used my A.C. Water would leak. The tailpipe fell and was dragging on I10 East. Ford would not tow for safety reasons, Camping world could not help due to it being a three day weekend. Got stuck paying $421.00 for tow and fix. The mechanic states that when they put the coach together they did not align the tail pipe with the coach, so they just welded it on. Poor Quality.. Waterbwas seeping in the back of the sink. Note that it has been raining for 8 Hours straight. Checked hoses and no leaks. This is a mystery until I can take it in to get it checked. This is my First and definitely my last THOR Motorhome I will buy. JUNK, JUNK, JUNK.
- Patricia Morales, Florida