2017 NeXus RV Phantom 32P Class C Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 NeXus RV Phantom 32P Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mitch R. from Illinois says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 NeXus RV Phantom 32P View Listings

We are approaching the one year anniversary of the purchase of our Phantom 31P. After one long trip and several short trips in THIS unit, I am finally ready to share my thoughts about Nexus. First, this rig is the total opposite of the first unit we purchased new directly from Elkhart. That was a 32P which we ordered with all the bells and whistles since we thought it was going to be our rig for some time. It was a complete nightmare! For starters, the required weight stickers were never put on the coach. Shame on me for not doing my homework and trusting that a company would not build a grossly overweight coach and sell it to families knowing such. But, that is exactly what the sales manager, told us... they would build them to the customer's specs, even if it makes it overweight. Next, a potentially catastrophic condition existed when the inverter/charging system was wired incorrectly and caused the batteries to boil and the output to exceed dangerous voltages. The black water leaked into the storage compartment. The roof had a tear in the covering. The TV fell off the wall. The wall paneling came loose and bowed into the path of the slide out so the wife had to hold it back every time we put the slide in. That should be enough to let you get and idea of how many trips we took to the factory from Central Illinois at are own expense and the toll of the warranty miles. Yet, through all of this, I still believed in folks doing the right thing and gave them a chance to make it "right". After much negotiation, we were offered a trade in deal for one of the new units off the showroom floor. It was a different set-up and didn't have nearly the options as the first rig, but we were in not such a great position to bargain further since they refused to flat out refund our money so we could go elsewhere. We have grown to like the smaller, lighter coach's set-up and handling. It has been relatively trouble free and everything seems to work as it should, THAT is all we have ever wanted and expected from ANY company. PROVIDE A SAFE AND USABLE PRODUCT in exchange for our hard earned money! We may have an upcoming issue with the rear exterior finish. It is showing signs of flaking and chalking as if some of the top coat did not get applied correctly. I will be calling the shop about that and let you know what happens. Oh yeah...The way we were treated and the work performed by the repair personnel at the Elkhart facility, is a big factor in my decision to give them a second chance rather than leaving it there and pursuing legal action. The personnel there were great! They always took time to listen and do the repairs needed. However, if the Production and Delivery people would do their jobs right in the first place, we owners wouldn't have to deal with the Shop as often! Feel free to comment or ask any questions and share as you feel necessary. Let's keep them honest and dependable. Our families' lives are entrusted in these coaches.
- Mitch R., Illinois

2020-10-03 2017 NeXus RV Phantom 32P View Listings

The worse class C on the market. The electric system is a joke. You have to turn AC off to use the microwave. Used one plug over sink. It turned off the tv and lights on refrigerator were flashing. Lights dimmed. Checked fuses also I had to go out and reset 30 amp on pole twice so far. I feel the factory doesn't know what They are doing. I thought winnabago had some problems but Nexus beats them hands down. No wonder their #1 salesperson left the company.
- Leeann Burnam, Texas

2019-08-21 2017 NeXus RV Phantom 32P View Listings

This RV is in excellent shape drives and tows great roomy and great extras have gone on a 31 trip last year up the east coast never had any issues the RV IS ALL FIBERGLASS EXCEPT hood and doors never any issues with the motor or transmission ready to travei
- Tommy Jenkins, Texas