2017 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (2)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

RGK from Tennessee says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

While we loved the Dutch Star, our issues are with Newmar customer service and what they cover under warranty. Newmar products are not cheap and the performance expectation is and should be high. We had multiple small and some not so small operational issues. Unfortunately, Newmar refused to cover many either in that the part was not their product (washer) or the problem couldn't be repeated at the repair facility. Consequently, the repair facility handed me big bill since they either couldn't repeat the problem (which sure as heck did arise on the next trip)or Newmar refused to cover. Even when Newmar did provide warranty coverage, they would not pay for the subsequent damages caused by the failure - which cost more than the failed part. We have had multiple coaches, Newmar is big on customer service promises but when it comes to action, they fall short. Frankly, the high price of a Newmar isn't justified by the product and certainly not the service quality.
- RGK, Tennessee

2019-03-05 2017 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 View Listings

Ok, the good, the bad and the ugly.... We custom ordered our coach. We have overall been very happy with it after almost 2 full years. We are also full timers, so that is a good bit of actual use. So, on with the issues! We are not really impressed with the Girard awnings. We have had 2 issues with them that seem to be continuous problems. The first is that the wind sensor (puts the awnings in when winds exceed a certain amount) is very temperamental and prone to not working (replaced 1 once, and just gave up after that). I attribute this to its location. It is fully in the area that gets deluged with water that runs off the awning. The second issue with the awnings are that they move from the proper storage position. They have an adjustment that allows you to set where they store and open to. But you can adjust this and a month later, your awning is again sticking out a half of an inch. Initially, one of our awnings also had a small tear in it. This was replaced under warranty. I think the tear was caused by the awning not stowing properly. On the good side, Girard has been great with the phone support when I have needed it. The Oasis water heater. It did not work when we first picked up our RV (found out after a 5 hour drive home). After disconnecting, reconnecting everything and seating cannon plug wires, it started working. I do not know why it had an issue, but it has worked since....maybe an improperly seated wire or something. We also had one of the Oasis water pumps (there are 3) go bad. Oasis customer service was great. I had a new pump and replaced it myself a day or 2 later at no cost. (Easier to do it myself than to drive it 75 minutes one way to the nearest service facility). We had some weird electrical stuff going on when we first drove our coach home. The dash lights were flickering, the lights under the bedroom slide were intermittent, and the baggage locks worked intermittently. Most of these issues resolved themselves (maybe a ground wire that just needed to ‘find itself’?). We still have an issue with the baggage locks though. The right side works fine, but sometimes the left side bays won’t work and I have to use a key to open them. And the wiring schematic for them is not on Newgle. ? The induction stove is crap. Our first one took 30 minutes to boil water (not an exaggeration, I timed it). I replaced that one thru warranty. The second one went bad after a few months. I got another one thru warranty. Now, I don’t even use it. We have a single burner hotplate that we bought that works great and I just set it on the counter. The True Induction brand seems to be garbage. We had a washing machine issue. I am writing about this because I saw that someone else had an issue too and they apparently had some heartburn over it. Newmar did not cover this. However, Whirlpool does. There is some kind of a contractual thing between the two and Newmar does not handle it, you have to go to Whirlpool. Whirlpool sent a repair guy to us and he checked it out to find out the issue. He had to order a part and did so. When the part came in, he came back, installed it and it has worked well ever since. No cost to us. We had a windshield issue. Short version: Our windshield cracked on its own while driving. No cars in front of us on an interstate. A second crack started while stopped at a rest stop. I think that there may have been an issue on how the window was installed that put it under tension. We went thru our local service facility who sent us to a local glass shop. They inspected it and determined that there were no rock chips that caused it. Newmar covered the complete cost of replacing the window (it was inside of our first year). The other major issue is the full length slide. My gut says that the slide is too heavy. On our next coach, we won’t get another full length slide. We had a problem with the slide being scraped by some brackets on the bottom. The repair was to install some slider plates in the scrape area. That caused (I think), some high points that in turn led to some tiles getting cracked. I do think that there may be more to the slide issue and we will find out soon. We are taking our coach into Newmar in April to get the slide looked at. We are past our 1 year warranty that covers everything, but it does seem to be a follow on to a previous problem. Newmar has said that they are going to cover the repairs. There have also been several smaller issues that I am not going to mention here in order to keep this review from being a book. These were dealt with under warranty. ? Overall, we love our coach and would get another Newmar product if we decide to replace the one we have. As I said, we are full timers, so it is seeing constant use (only about 10k miles though). I have had to deal with customer service from Newmar, Oasis, Girard, and True Induction. All of the customer service folks that I have dealt with have
- Robert Wesley, Louisiana