2017 Keystone Montana High Country 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (16)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

MarV from Missouri says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

WARNING-Keystone is NOT the company of quality and service as in the past. Late September 2016 we purchased a 2017 Montana High Country 310RE. We uncovered it a few weeks ago (March 2017), discovering roof issues. Trying to keep this short as possible, my review consists of their actual response to not honor the warranty and our response, which they have completely ignored. Our dealer is shocked by their response, and is also stuck, trying to help us. KEYSTONE RESPONSE-As discussed and relayed via phone, we have fully reviewed your case file, and photos provided. Keystone does respectfully decline participation in the request of replacing your roof. This will be our final determination regarding your case. This is a warranty exclusion outlined in your Owner's Manual which I have attached to this e-mail and summarized below. "Keystone will not be responsible or liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind or nature that result from any defect in the recreational vehicle. The disclaimer of consequential damages is not dependent upon the warranty fulfilling its essential purpose." Please note, Keystone does not recommend aftermarket products for their units. Any failures or issues that may arise or are related to or from an aftermarket product will not be warranted. We do appreciate the opportunity to review your request. OUR RESPONSE - Wow. That's all I can say, is wow. The warranty doesn't cover defects of a trailer that left the factory with waves, uneven plywood, and areas of the plywood lifting off of the frame?? There are also areas of staples coming up and no flashing to protect the rubber roof from the plywood. We have read and found information from those who didn't find these defects until they discovered leaks in their travel trailer. I guess we should just be happy we found this mess before any leaks occurred. But, according to the statement below, Keystone also states it will not cover any aftermarket product. So, if we repair on our own, in order to keep the trailer from leaking, this will void the entire warranty??? This is all very confusing... We thought warranties were made to cover defects??? We never would have dreamed to look for 'fine print' such as this in an owner's warranty manual. We thought maybe some of the minor issues we had with our previously owned 2013 Outback (we purchased brand new, because we found more time to start camping again) were because it was smaller and considered more of a mid-line quality travel trailer. About 12 years ago, we purchased brand new and were the proud owners of a Montana Mountaineer. We really enjoyed that trailer, but time didn't allow us to use it much and we regretfully sold it. So, we thought by spending our hard earned money (quite a bit, I might add) to again purchase a 'better quality', top of the line, Montana High Country, we would not have many problems. This purchase of the Montana High Country, in addition to our previous purchases, shows how much faith we had in Keystone. Our plans were even to purchase the ultimate top of the line, Montana, in a few years, as our retirement 'home'. I guess, since we never encountered any major issues before, we have been disillusioned in thinking that Keystone cares anything about their customers. Mr. Jackson, we are just sick over this. We purchased this trailer at the end of September 2016 and have only been out in it twice before putting it away for the winter. We are not trying to 'pull one over' on your company or get something we don't deserve, we just want to be treated as a respected customer. We are very confused. So, if the warranty doesn't cover DEFECTS, do we sue Keystone for selling us a lemon? Respectfully,
- MarV, Missouri

2020-09-29 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

Nice looking trailer, went full time for nearly three years, maybe thats the problem. Under warranty the gears and motor on dinette slide, fan motor, toilet parts, and water leaks, also card for the furnace ( I paid that or wait 2 weeks on the road for warranty to send one). Year two water heater repairs, axle alinement, toilet parts, furniture repairs. Year 3 sink hardware, door hardware, fan card and microwave. Year 4 is starting broken welds in the wall around the dinette slide and the ceiling fan quit. We had a 2010 Cougar and decided to upgrade when I retired, I did not know that Keystone and it's vender decided that quality was not important anymore.
- Terry Hawkinson, Washington

2019-11-16 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

I really enjoyed using this RV for the past three years. The Ford F350 combination was the perfect towing experience and was much easier than my last RV which was a 25 foot trailer. The wonderful windows that are throughout the unit makes for a very pleasant experience. There’s plenty of floor room and comfortable seating and living space throughout! My wife and I decided to buy a property at the local beach and give up the RV lifestyle for a while. We will be back and we will buy a keystone manufactured unit again!
- Rob Gilsdorf, Delaware

2019-11-06 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 3731FL View Listings

Very beautiful camper love it . It a very comfortable place to call home when your out enjoying life. It pulls wonderful I haven’t had any trouble parking it. It has a back up camera on it. I used it very little. It just like brand new. If your looking for a very comfortable and spacious living camper this is the one it has everything your looking for plus more. If you wanted it for a place to go and park for a few days or for a place to park it all year round this is the camper you want.
- Rodney Riemann, Wisconsin

2019-09-05 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

Purchased April 2018. Absolutely loved the unit until the frame started coming apart at the welds. Walls next to the slides we’re moving in and out. Found broken welds after taking panels off. Husband reinforced welds with steel plates, but now worried what else is happening that we can’t see. You would think that because these units go thru some rough roads and like that the manufacturer would do better than shotty work. Especially for the cost of them.
- D. McCormick, New York

2019-04-01 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

I have had nothing but a nightmare on my new Montana. I have been waiting on 22 issues for over a year. They don't back up their product at all. My unit has been in the shop 6 times. 26 days in hotels that we paid for in full. My back tanks have backed up and smell constenly. In for service 6 times. Garage under bedroom has daylight showing all around bedframe letting in air hot/cold and bugs. Ants and spirder. 6 times in service. 60% of my window shades don't work. Tv intenta striped. Convert replaced and battery in August with a cost to me at 400.00. Only 6 months old. Still screwing up. Still could not put in awaning. 6 times in shop. Recliner is so bad it fell over since day one. Crooked and will lay completely down.in bedroom sideout is broken. My carpet has been wet unmorious times. Cheap carpet had to bang in nails that were still sticking out. Windows you can see daylight though. More loss of heat and air. Stove top glass missing screws. Hard to cook on stove. 6 times still not fixed. This unit is a ?. Do not buy anything from keystone they do nothing to help u. Your just screwed.
- Lisa J Wofford, Texas

2018-12-30 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 353RL View Listings

We purchased our Montana over a year and a half ago. We have had a Montana before. We are very satisfied with our unit and have not had one bit of trouble out of it. I would buy another one. I particularly like the new residential refrigerator. Being on a long trip saves numerous trips to the grocery store. I like the leveling system. If I were to buy another one I would purchase one that has the auto leveler as I had one on a Mobile Suite that I owned years ago. I converted the Queen bed to a king with no problems and also installed washer and dryer with no problems.
- Bryan O'Steen, Florida

2018-10-18 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 5000 View Listings

Great rv. Has many extras and we are including dishes linens pots and pans and more. Ready to hook and go. Has dbl air conditioners generator greatfor off grid camping. New tailgate dish antenna. Must see to appreciate.
- Linda dayton, Texas

2018-07-30 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 378RD View Listings

Poor customer service skills amplified our disgust with the quality of this unit. Fridge panels warping off and breaking the trim, bathroom door fell off roller and gouged trim, outdoor shower valve hot water side shot off and wont screw back in, auto vent controller dead so fan ran without a way to turn it off, and fridge takes forever to cool on either a/c or gas. Had to replace the GFCI in bathroom, it simply stopped working. Sofa/recliner weak (we are not heavy people). One of the larger window shades is dead. Bubbles in linoleum. Non metal bolts on glass cover for cooktop disintegrated and had to be replaced. Carpet THE WORST QUALITY which we should have noticed when buying, but come on... Overall, a great floorplan. But, even the EXIT signs on the escape windows have curled and fallen off. This is what we paid for? Oh, and the unit is on cape cod, on a seasonal site, so no, we can't "bring it in for a service". Send someone out to fix your defects! To make things even more insulting, tbbe keystones staff seem extremely unhappy and have very strong defensive language. Sounds as though they are fielding multiple angry people and are not emotionally equipped to have their jobs. I'm pissed, and when they didn't call back, I got even more upset. Then they got upset, that I was upset?? Not cool, Keystone. You can do much, much better.
- Really disappointed buyer, Massachusetts

2018-05-27 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

Jumped the gun on my first review this model it was junk and is now gone. In Florida this winter AC does not work properly, we smell plastic burning find the neutral wires in the electric panel were never tightened down causing the system to overheat melting wires taking out the inverterand other circuit boards. Magic fan won't shutoff. Keystone useless in finding us a dealer to get this fixed. Appts in FL 3-8 weeks out. Head home a month early. Bring in slide last time bolt falls out from couch drags across floor tears up flooring. Dealer starts repairs finds broken welds in main slide allowing water in resulting in mold under flooring. Dealer finds sag in the roof under AC no braces in roof to support AC. Keystone Customer Service was a battle at every turn. Keystone did not want to allow the dealer to pull the slide out to fix properly. Keystone claimed the roof sag was normal . Baloney. Bolts sticking up through bedroom floor carpet. Numerous cosmetic flaws. Keystone pushed us to the point of contacting a lawyer when our dealer stepped in and helped us out. BUY LOCAL. Montana used to be a quality name but once it was sold out to keystone.... Quality Control nonexistent.
- Kurt Soneson, Maine

2017-08-30 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

ours is missing side skirt.water runs down the back of camper instead of gutters.one chair loose.staples in bedroom floor carpet.radio has been replaced already.two blinds broke.keystone refused to fix water draining down back of camper said it was an ac design flaw.i said it was a safety problem running down the power cord.they do not care.
- norman bailey, Illinois

2017-08-27 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

Love the floorplan. Quality is horrible. I am so disappointed. We have already had to have the roof replaced. When they did this they didn't do it right and now the panel under the top layer is lifting. When they put the roof on they put the air conditioner cover on wrong and it is now off due to it being on wrong and the heat. The fridge takes 40 hours to get down to 36. It leaked all over the floor and warped the wood under the fridge. It leaks in the outside panel. The dining area slide is not working correctly and is tearing up the membrane under it. The two rubber strips on the front of the cab under the bed area keep flying out of the little slots flapping all over as we drive. We have had to stop and keep putting them back in the slot and finally just cut them off as they were all stretched out. When I was cutting them off I noticed the screws they were covering were backing out and I had to get my screw driver out and screw them in. We keep getting warnings for the hydraulic lifts. It keeps telling us to bring them up manually. So needless to say it is going back to have work done which takes weeks. We are having to cancel our trip to Tahoe and probably our trip to Utah. Not happy at all. As I said love the floor plan but they could have spent some time on quality.
- Carla Di Bernardo, California

2017-08-03 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

RUN RUN RUN we have owned 7 campers we have camped for 20 years and BY FAR this is the worst unit we have ever owned. We have had 12 issues in the short 3 months we have owned it. We have used it once the rest of the time it has been in the shop. Dealership had poor service department. As far as Keystone they are the biggest joke ever!!!! Good luck getting anyone on the phone or to call you back and when you dismally get someone they could care less. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL!!!! I intend to make it my life mission to spread the word how terrible Keystone RV's are. We truly loved camping raised our children to camp also they own their own units but after this I don't even want to camp anymore. I owned two Forest River camper a very good product so if you are in the market for a new camper look at Forrest River. We are in the process of trying to get Keystone to buy our unit back if anyone has any information on this please share.
- Elaine, South Carolina

2017-06-23 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Well we have always had Montana's as we have felt the quality was the best. Looked at multiple other brands but loved the layout of this camper, non like it. A year later we made our purchase and immediately had issues with the jack, dealer said they didn't grind on it but find it hard to believe Keystone would have, that is until we really get to notice the quality and care about the rest of the camper. The camper has a horrible water leak out of the return air vent in the rear den. The list continues, the living room slides in and the top trim rubs the half bath wall and has already ruined the wallpaper. The table hits the corner of the entertainment center wood and peeled the finish off of it. And last but not least when you walk around barefoot in the bedroom you feel every screw head sticking up as they weren't put in the sub floor all the way. I contacted the call center for Keystone as you cant talk to anyone that cares, and of course like usual, I'm the only one they have heard of with this issue. Summed up I am very disappointed with the quality and care of Keystone. I have sent emails with no response which tells me how much they care, the least they could do is acknowledge the problem and tell me they are working on it. I would not recommend Keystone to anyone and wont ever buy another.
- Cody, Iowa

2017-02-28 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

We have had numerous problems with this camper. We bought it in Oct 2016. In November we had a storm and it leaked so bad in the bunk room, that I had to put out theee pots to catch the water. The next problem was the trim on the bedroom cabinets. They are not made of real wood anymore. They are covered by an adhesive backed paper. When the cabinets were made, the person covering them did not take the time to make sure the paper was properly applied. The paper is sticking straight up on the top of the cabinet and there are bubbles all underneath thpaper. I'm sure in a years time, all of it will be peeling. The next problem, there are two bunks with no way to get on them, other than to climb on the tv cabinet or on top of the recliners. How long would they hold up to kids climbing up on them? Keystone is so cheap that they can't even offer us a ladder. The next problem, the black and grey water tanks were marked wrong, which caused the first several flushes to be done with the black water. Real nice huh? Next problem, the freezer does not stay at freezing temp. It takes two days to freeze a tray of ice. The next problem, two window shades did not work. Dealer did order those, but we had to install them ourselves bc we LIVE in this camper and. Annoy take it in to dealer and leave it for weeks to be fixed. The next problem, the washer and dryer hookups were put in a cabinet that will not open far enough to put a washer/dryer in it. This was caused by poor design. The cabinet doors will not open due to slide out trim. The next problem,the door knob on the bedroom door has fallen off three times. Turns out, the screws put in to hold the knob together, do not fit. They are too smalland easily slide in and out of the screw holes. The awning motor is starting to make a horrible sound as the awning is retracted, like it is in a bind. So, I guess that will be another problem before it's over. I owned a Montana before this one, a 2005 model. I do not know what has happened since 2005, but the quality of craftsmanship has declined. Such a shame to ruin their reputation.
- Darrell Church, Florida

2017-01-27 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

My wife and I bought a new 2017 Montana High Country in Oct 2016. We traded in a 2005 Montana fifth wheel. The 2005 was a nice, solid built camper, very comfortable, but we were going to be living in a camper for a while, with 3 pets, so we decided we needed something bigger. Because the 2005 had been a good camper, we trusted Keystone and did not even consider a different brand. BIG MISTAKE!! Keystone quality and service has gone downhill and we will never buy another one. We had the new camper for 4-5 weeks when a storm came thru. My wife got up in the middle of the night and found a big leaking problem from the ceiling in the bunk room. The floor, the couch and the carpet under the couch were all wet. We had to put 3 pots out to catch water. As I stated earlier, we are living in this camper, so taking it in for repairs is not easy. We have to find somewhere to stay that allows pets, and then there's the hassle of packing everything up. Well, it just so happened, we were going to be going home for most of the month of December. So, the local dealership we bought the camper fvan on, told us that would be a good time to bring it in and leave it, that that would give them plenty of time to fix it. There were/are several other issues with the camper as well as the leak, such as, 2 sets of window shades would not work, the trim on the bedroom cabinets, which are apparently not solid wood anymore, but are covered by a wood appearing adhesive paper, did not stick when installed and is peeling up and has bubbles all underneath, the refrigerator was not staying at 32 degrees, therefore taking two days to freeze a tray of ice and keeping food semi frozen, there was a toilet issue in the small bathroom where water leaked around the seal, the black and gray water tanks are mislabeled, so when you drain the black tank, you are really draining the gray tank and vice versa, the bunk beds have no ladder to get up on the beds with. So kids have to climb on the cabinet with the tv on one side or on the recliners on the other side. There are hookups for a washer and dryer in a cabinet in the living room. The problem is, the way the slide out is designed, the cabinet doors will not open all the way, so the only way you could put a washer and dryer in, would be to remove the cabinet doors and then leave them off to be able to get in to them. That would look really nice in your living room, huh?there is also a kitchen cupboard cabinet door that will not fully open for the same reason. We are talking about a $70,000 camper here! We took the camper to the dealership here that we bought it from. Again, they told us it would be ready when we got back in a month. When we picked it up, it was pretty apparent that the only thing they had done, was clean a duct or vent out to fix the leak, however, we again had wet carpet a week later. They did not touch the trim, there still is no ladder, and they told us the parts fir the shades did not come in. However, strangely, the parts came in two days after we picked it up. I will say, it did rain here yesterday and the camper did not leak that time. They are now telling us that we have to bring the. A per back in again, to get it fixed. We called Keystone and told them the problems, and explained we are living in this camper. We asked could they send someone here to work on it or have the dealership where we bought it, send someone. We are only 8 miles from the dealership, The answer was NO. They could care less that we are inconvenienced by the poor quality of their product. We bought this camper in good faith that Keystone would stand by their product and be there if there were any problems. This is no way to treat loyal customers. I have referred them to friends before because I believed in them. So, take my advice. Look the other way when you are looking for a new camper. There are a lot of other nice campers out there that I am sure, treat their customers like they should be treated. Do your homework. Read up on reviews, and you will see, that I'm only one of many that have had problems with them. It's very sad because the. camper has a lot of appeal.
- Darrell church, Florida