2017 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (4)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Darrell Church from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

We have had numerous problems with this camper. We bought it in Oct 2016. In November we had a storm and it leaked so bad in the bunk room, that I had to put out theee pots to catch the water. The next problem was the trim on the bedroom cabinets. They are not made of real wood anymore. They are covered by an adhesive backed paper. When the cabinets were made, the person covering them did not take the time to make sure the paper was properly applied. The paper is sticking straight up on the top of the cabinet and there are bubbles all underneath thpaper. I'm sure in a years time, all of it will be peeling. The next problem, there are two bunks with no way to get on them, other than to climb on the tv cabinet or on top of the recliners. How long would they hold up to kids climbing up on them? Keystone is so cheap that they can't even offer us a ladder. The next problem, the black and grey water tanks were marked wrong, which caused the first several flushes to be done with the black water. Real nice huh? Next problem, the freezer does not stay at freezing temp. It takes two days to freeze a tray of ice. The next problem, two window shades did not work. Dealer did order those, but we had to install them ourselves bc we LIVE in this camper and. Annoy take it in to dealer and leave it for weeks to be fixed. The next problem, the washer and dryer hookups were put in a cabinet that will not open far enough to put a washer/dryer in it. This was caused by poor design. The cabinet doors will not open due to slide out trim. The next problem,the door knob on the bedroom door has fallen off three times. Turns out, the screws put in to hold the knob together, do not fit. They are too smalland easily slide in and out of the screw holes. The awning motor is starting to make a horrible sound as the awning is retracted, like it is in a bind. So, I guess that will be another problem before it's over. I owned a Montana before this one, a 2005 model. I do not know what has happened since 2005, but the quality of craftsmanship has declined. Such a shame to ruin their reputation.
- Darrell Church, Florida

2019-04-01 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

I have had nothing but a nightmare on my new Montana. I have been waiting on 22 issues for over a year. They don't back up their product at all. My unit has been in the shop 6 times. 26 days in hotels that we paid for in full. My back tanks have backed up and smell constenly. In for service 6 times. Garage under bedroom has daylight showing all around bedframe letting in air hot/cold and bugs. Ants and spirder. 6 times in service. 60% of my window shades don't work. Tv intenta striped. Convert replaced and battery in August with a cost to me at 400.00. Only 6 months old. Still screwing up. Still could not put in awaning. 6 times in shop. Recliner is so bad it fell over since day one. Crooked and will lay completely down.in bedroom sideout is broken. My carpet has been wet unmorious times. Cheap carpet had to bang in nails that were still sticking out. Windows you can see daylight though. More loss of heat and air. Stove top glass missing screws. Hard to cook on stove. 6 times still not fixed. This unit is a ?. Do not buy anything from keystone they do nothing to help u. Your just screwed.
- Lisa J Wofford, Texas

2017-06-23 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Well we have always had Montana's as we have felt the quality was the best. Looked at multiple other brands but loved the layout of this camper, non like it. A year later we made our purchase and immediately had issues with the jack, dealer said they didn't grind on it but find it hard to believe Keystone would have, that is until we really get to notice the quality and care about the rest of the camper. The camper has a horrible water leak out of the return air vent in the rear den. The list continues, the living room slides in and the top trim rubs the half bath wall and has already ruined the wallpaper. The table hits the corner of the entertainment center wood and peeled the finish off of it. And last but not least when you walk around barefoot in the bedroom you feel every screw head sticking up as they weren't put in the sub floor all the way. I contacted the call center for Keystone as you cant talk to anyone that cares, and of course like usual, I'm the only one they have heard of with this issue. Summed up I am very disappointed with the quality and care of Keystone. I have sent emails with no response which tells me how much they care, the least they could do is acknowledge the problem and tell me they are working on it. I would not recommend Keystone to anyone and wont ever buy another.
- Cody, Iowa

2017-01-27 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

My wife and I bought a new 2017 Montana High Country in Oct 2016. We traded in a 2005 Montana fifth wheel. The 2005 was a nice, solid built camper, very comfortable, but we were going to be living in a camper for a while, with 3 pets, so we decided we needed something bigger. Because the 2005 had been a good camper, we trusted Keystone and did not even consider a different brand. BIG MISTAKE!! Keystone quality and service has gone downhill and we will never buy another one. We had the new camper for 4-5 weeks when a storm came thru. My wife got up in the middle of the night and found a big leaking problem from the ceiling in the bunk room. The floor, the couch and the carpet under the couch were all wet. We had to put 3 pots out to catch water. As I stated earlier, we are living in this camper, so taking it in for repairs is not easy. We have to find somewhere to stay that allows pets, and then there's the hassle of packing everything up. Well, it just so happened, we were going to be going home for most of the month of December. So, the local dealership we bought the camper fvan on, told us that would be a good time to bring it in and leave it, that that would give them plenty of time to fix it. There were/are several other issues with the camper as well as the leak, such as, 2 sets of window shades would not work, the trim on the bedroom cabinets, which are apparently not solid wood anymore, but are covered by a wood appearing adhesive paper, did not stick when installed and is peeling up and has bubbles all underneath, the refrigerator was not staying at 32 degrees, therefore taking two days to freeze a tray of ice and keeping food semi frozen, there was a toilet issue in the small bathroom where water leaked around the seal, the black and gray water tanks are mislabeled, so when you drain the black tank, you are really draining the gray tank and vice versa, the bunk beds have no ladder to get up on the beds with. So kids have to climb on the cabinet with the tv on one side or on the recliners on the other side. There are hookups for a washer and dryer in a cabinet in the living room. The problem is, the way the slide out is designed, the cabinet doors will not open all the way, so the only way you could put a washer and dryer in, would be to remove the cabinet doors and then leave them off to be able to get in to them. That would look really nice in your living room, huh?there is also a kitchen cupboard cabinet door that will not fully open for the same reason. We are talking about a $70,000 camper here! We took the camper to the dealership here that we bought it from. Again, they told us it would be ready when we got back in a month. When we picked it up, it was pretty apparent that the only thing they had done, was clean a duct or vent out to fix the leak, however, we again had wet carpet a week later. They did not touch the trim, there still is no ladder, and they told us the parts fir the shades did not come in. However, strangely, the parts came in two days after we picked it up. I will say, it did rain here yesterday and the camper did not leak that time. They are now telling us that we have to bring the. A per back in again, to get it fixed. We called Keystone and told them the problems, and explained we are living in this camper. We asked could they send someone here to work on it or have the dealership where we bought it, send someone. We are only 8 miles from the dealership, The answer was NO. They could care less that we are inconvenienced by the poor quality of their product. We bought this camper in good faith that Keystone would stand by their product and be there if there were any problems. This is no way to treat loyal customers. I have referred them to friends before because I believed in them. So, take my advice. Look the other way when you are looking for a new camper. There are a lot of other nice campers out there that I am sure, treat their customers like they should be treated. Do your homework. Read up on reviews, and you will see, that I'm only one of many that have had problems with them. It's very sad because the. camper has a lot of appeal.
- Darrell church, Florida