2017 Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (33)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Keystone Montana 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2021-03-25 2017 Keystone Montana 3160RL View Listings

Great RV for any family. Easy towing, perfect size for camp spots , mechanically sound, with it being four seasons stays cool in summer and warm in the winter without running your units to death. Would recommend to family and friends.
- TA, Georgia

2020-11-09 2017 Keystone Montana 293RK View Listings

Best Value for its weight and size. While its not a high end 5th wheel it is well built and designed with quality amenities. Wide open Floor Plan. The Trailer is very comfortable to pull and Easy to set up with the self Leveling system.
- Paul Lanning, Oregon

2020-06-11 2017 Keystone Montana 3811MS View Listings

2.2018 Bought 3.2018 water leak 3.2018 stove top broke 5.2018 Oven broke 5.2018 front fireplace broke 7.2018 awning fell off 8.2018 black tank valve jammed to dump 12.2019 chair broke 1.2019 tank level indicator display went out 2.2019 bathroom faucet broke 7.2019 rear Ac broke 6.2020 front ac broke Multiple other cosmetic Not as good as my 2006 Stay away.
- Tom Thorpe , North Carolina

2019-10-25 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We live in our 2017 Keystone Montana for 1 year now and love it. The thing I see they have done now is lighten the interior wood and I think that is super . Kinda wish we had lighter wood. For 100% living it is a nice unit. There is plenty of storage in and outside with a hallway having a full washer and dryer which of course is optional for folks thinking of buying. Currently selling ours because it’s stationary on a lot and it has a wood skirting. Instead of removing the skirting we hope someone will purchase this as a tiny home so my wife and myself can move on into another unit with more road time flexibility.
- Mike Kartes, Washington

2019-08-26 2017 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

We absolutely loved the floor plan but have many performance issues that are disappointing, especially since these were known problems and Camping World was unable to address during the warranty period. The air conditioning on this unit is poor. When it's 95 out, the best cooling we can get it maybe 85-87 degrees inside. The dealer said after 2 visits that everything was great, but threw a new thermostat in just to say they did something. We've now learned that this whisper quiet duct system collapses and is a common issue. Nothing wrong with the Dometic units - they work fine. The ducts are collapsed so not enough air can be moved. They advertise this as a unit that can be lived in up to 100 degrees. That is true if you don't mind it being 88-90 inside with both A/C units running full blast. Keystone also apparently tried to save some money on wiring and shared the circuit between the fridge and the front powered roof exhaust. So when you turn on the roof fan, the fridge faults and turns off. The only fix is obviously running a completely new circuit for the roof vent or fridge. Since I'm now out of warranty, I guess we're on our own. We've had the usual trim pieces that fall off, especially in the dinette area. The wheel housing plastic trim looses 1/2 the screws every 500 miles or so. Finally gave up on having them stay in and used sealant to fix. I supposed a lot of this is normal RV stuff, but knowing this now, I wouldn't pay the premium price for the alleged top of the line Montana. I won't go into the sealant job on the roof - there was no attempt to make it look like it was applied by someone who cared. It's all over the membrane, but the good news is it doesn't leak.
- Craig Allen, Utah

2019-07-11 2017 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

So disappointed in our purchase of a brand new unit. Thought we were buying one of the best designs within our budget, but we were so wrong. I have only worked on it or have had service work on it since we have owned it brand new. It all started with hydraulics, 5hen heater, then slide out module, batteries, electric recliners, and on and on . We paid over 50,000.00 for this to only pour thousands into it and have it worked on every time we get it out of garage. Yes we have it inside always when we are not using it. It has been the worst thing we have done. We have only used it a month out of the two years we have owned it, and of course warrantee was out the first year. I’m fearful of getting it out at all anymore because every time we do it’s another bill to pay because something has gone wrong. It’s a sad thing any more when you can’t get quality things for hard earned money!! If I could return it I would by now but we keep telling ourselves it will get better but it hasn’t. I hope that providing this review that who ever reads it will truly consider buying another brand. This is the second Rv we have owned. We owned a cheaper brand of rv for 13 years before this one and never had the problems we have had in this one. Don’t get me wrong, the floor plan on this model is best we have seen, we love it, but quality of products in the building and stocking of it are cheap.
- Gary jones, Oklahoma

2019-04-11 2017 Keystone Montana 3811MS View Listings

We were full timers for a while and traveled and lived in this trailer. It has all the comforts of home except a dishwasher. We are selling ours because my husband is partly disabled and can no longer manage the set up.
- Susan Phillips , Texas

2019-02-21 2017 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

My wife and I lived and traveled in this 5th wheel for about 1 1/2 years. We "full-timed" it, i.e. this was our only home. We started out in a Class C motor coach, but when we saw this 5th wheel RV we immediately traded our motor coach for this one. It has 400 square feet of living space, huge storage bays underneath, a sitting area that seats 6 people very comfortably, a kitchen nook that seats 4, a great kitchen with double sink, residential refrigerator, big pantry, stove, oven, and a microwave with convection feature. The bathroom provides ample space, and the bedroom has a king-size bed. We then added an RV QG 5500 LP Onan generator and a solar panel. This means that the unit always has power, independent of where you are. We also added a whasher/dryer unit to be independent of laundromats. We absolutely love this RV, but we settled down and can't travel as much any more. So it is time to let somebody else enjoy this gorgeous vehicle.
- Lothar Lendero, Washington

2018-10-31 2017 Keystone Montana 3711FL View Listings

It's of great quality and a great floor plan. I love it,but just don't have the time to use it like I want. It has all the things you need to live in it,except the washer and dryer. But it has a hook up for it.
- Lois Blackstock, North Carolina

2018-08-14 2017 Keystone Montana 3921FB View Listings

This short space does not permit full description of this disaster of a 5th wheel. All of the below is verify ablution upon request. 1. The front A/C was screwed down 12" forward of the roof hole cut for duct. 2. Metal shards came up through linoleum floor from not sweeping before flooring. 3.Flange on waste tank over tightened and warped tank causing spillage. Was noticed at factory because they put a tube of caulk around the warped flange to seal it. 4 Neither A/C had a gasket to seal to roof causing massive leaks and useless to cool cabin. Awning arm bent before delivery and crumpled the 1st time opened. Had to drive 250 miles for authorized repair who stated that they'd never seen such a poorly assembled NEW vehicle and took 6 weeks of daily work to do all warranty repairs and corrections. Now that my one year warranty is over, Keystine said my military status had no value in my complaints and fought on every item and has now told this War Veteran that any further repairs are now out of coverage. This description was only the BIG stuff. I could go well on past these few major issues. Quality Control during assembly at Keystone does not exist, and you will have to go to war with them to get each idividual item approved on an incredibly shoddy assembly. A VERY VERY POOR COMPANY!!!!!
- Thomas H Richardson, Texas

2017-12-21 2017 Keystone Montana 3920FB View Listings

Our first night out on our way from S. Dakota to Florida - when we stopped thought I would take a shower, however when I went to open the shower doors they fell off in my hands. So then I decided to take a bath in my new glamour tub no hot water. After my husband calmed me down he said lets watch a movies - the dvd player wouldn't work, so then he said OK lets listen to music and read, unfortunately the surround sound wouldn't work either. Now remember, this was our first night in our full timing new home. It has gone down hill from their. Our air conditioners quit working on the 4th. of July week end in Florida, 101 degrees, the local dealer would do nothing for us since "you didn't buy it from us" so we had to get a mobile RV repair man, not only was one of our cables bent, but also the ac froze and there were major issues with both thermostats. 2 weeks after that our upstairs bathroom black tanks would not drain, first we had to once again pay a mobile repair to come, we needed a new cable and a new valve for the black tank, however, the issues continues to be a problem. Every time we want to empty the black tanks for the upstairs bathroom my husband has to remove all the slide supports, tip the nose up, once it drains in about an hour he then has to back wash with a hose since there is no rinser on the tank. The outlet line is flat so we cannot get any velocity going to pull out the solids. Keystone's customer reps reply to this that is the way it was engineered so you will have to live with it. This rig lists price was $90,0000.00, we are full timing RV resort managers. The local dealers will not touch our rig for any reason since we did not buy it from them. Keystone says if we use a mobile repair man it is on us. They said to call them if the local dealer won't take care of us. Now, would you want to take your home to a dealer who is forced to take care of you. How long do you think they will sit on our home? How well do you think they will repair it. We are looking for people who would be willing to join a class action suit with us. We have about five Montana owners thus far. If you can help please e mail us at wolfsharon@sbcglobal.net. DON'T EVER BUY A KEYSTONE PRODUCT - NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. When my husband called the manufacturer of the DVD player they immediately overnighted us a disc that repaired the issues. When we told Keystone about this they asked us to send them the disc!!!!
- Sharon Wolf, Florida

2017-11-18 2017 Keystone Montana 310RE View Listings

I rated the quality and workmanship on this RV at one star only because it would not accept a ZERO rating. Keystone should be ashamed of the product they pushed out of the factory door. We purchased it from dealer of Byron, GA. They should also be ashamed of the shoddy maintenance and poor delivery prep on a new rig. We're still fighting with the local Camping World of Oxford, AL to get warranty work completed. Items include replacement of all crown molding due to bubbling, defective entry door, slides out of adjustment, leaking skylight, dinette set mismatched, tv falling off the wall and the list goes on. Keystone has given the "Made in the USA" slogan a serious black eye. I even offered to bring the rig back to the factory for a quality inspection and was flat out denied that opportunity. Dealer rates right up there with Keystone. They're thieves. They take your money and then leave you hanging and don't care about their customers. I will never endorse a purchase from either of these companies.
- Joe Wassell, Alabama

2017-11-03 2017 Keystone Montana 3661RL View Listings

I have had my unit for a year and in the year it has been brought into the shop numerous times for numerous repairs. This will be the third time for repair of my furnace, the board keeps getting wet. Keystone advertises this as a 4 season unit, but this has a major defect with the furnace and I am not able to use this in the cold months. After reading numerous reviews of people having the same issue with the furnace, Keystone should have a recall on this furnace.
- Donna Zuidema, Illinois

2017-10-23 2017 Keystone Montana 3661RL View Listings

We purchased this new on May 31st, 2017. It's been in shop for the same repair 3 times now. When it rains it leaks from the cold air return vents. We have camped 3 times, and it's been taken back to dealer in Straford, MO after each camping trip. Same leaks. We were told it was a top of the line brand for the past 26 years. WRONG! We have contacted Keystone, the maker of this 5th wheel, 4 times now, but they have done nothing to help with the situation. It's a beautiful unit, but poorly built! Who ever built our trailer, had to be hung over or half asleep. We are paying for a trailer that has and still is in shop...more than we have had it to use. Shameful KEYSTONE!
- Vicki Walden, Missouri

2017-10-18 2017 Keystone Montana 3160RL View Listings

I am very disappointed with the 2017 3160RL Montana. The only reason I have not returned the unit is because of the outstanding service from B & D RV Sales. You should really thank B & D RV Sales for their prompt response on fixing these issues. Let’s look at what we have had so far: Rear Air conditioner does not work, hydraulic leak that almost stranded us, heater board burned out which was a really cold night, Power relay quit working, DVD player remote does not work and by the way for a luxury camper, it should be a blue ray payer, and the remote TVs are not hooked to the entertainment center. Please stop calling it a luxury camper! The under carriage is loose and floppy. And the holes in the floor for piping and hoses are not sealed, that would allow mice and bugs to get in. Gasket on front storage compartment came off. Water pump came loose and vibrated making terrible noise. Molding above the kitchen table fell down and jammed in the hydraulic slide. Several shades have broken. The door side fender almost fell off, missing screws and loose screws, on both sides. A gap on the kitchen table where the two leafs come together had to be fixed, I can hardly wait to see what happens next. The one issue we have not fixed is a doozy. When my 135 pound wife walks across the kitchen floor; the center island bar sways to and fro. Either you do not care or a brace was left out! When I first found the 5th wheel camper I loved it. I thought the moving island was due to not all of the stabilizing jacks down. Guess what? The Grand Design’s kitchen island bar does not move!
- Rex A Jennings, Utah

2017-08-29 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We traded a 39 foot 2016 Montana High Country that we used only 2 times on a new 2017 Montana 40 foot. We thought the quality was better but since we have only used this new Montana twice now and then pulled it to AZ for the winter it is also lacking in quality. The hot water heater on demand does not work and has been worked on and new fuses installed. The crown molding in the living room had fallen down and scratched bad from riding on the slide out and the other side is coming loose also. I will never buy another Keystone product.
- Rich Mills, Wyoming

2017-08-28 2017 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

The A/C (one front and one back) units cannot keep up with heat when the temperature goes above 90 degrees. It is August in California, the outdoor temperature is 107, and the inside temperature is 99. Unacceptable. We have to load the dogs up in the truck and go for a ride to cool off. I feel sorry for the cat. We have the four season and legacy package. I'm not sure what four seasons they built this for but it is definitely not for summer. There have been other small issues but nothing major. The A/C system is the worst I've ever seen. Think twice before buying if you don't live in Canada or Alaska.
- Pam, Texas

2017-08-11 2017 Keystone Montana 3160RL View Listings

Very comfortable, tows easy, Rear living room is nice. Great craftsmanship. All features very well planned out. Montana is the #1 rated trailer on the road for the last 12 years. LED lighting along the crown moulding makes this trailer a winner
- Brent Weaver, Colorado

2017-07-24 2017 Keystone Montana 3710FL View Listings

one trip the bedroom AC stoped working, the front AC is not worth having 80 out and 78 inside with the AC on high. Keystone should be sued over this BS of an AC system. Black water tank will not drain, Black water flush is not working, TV will not connect to Cable, bedroom door fell off. after 50 miles out slides starting coming out. Im taking them to court !
- James Dragoo, California

2017-07-20 2017 Keystone Montana 362RD View Listings

The A/c unit is bad on this rig! the master bedroom have cold ice A/c but the kitchen and bunkroom is scortching hot! I see a lot of rust that shouldn't been there especially being 2017 rig. The entire beam of where you place the sewer hose is rusted inside we can't even use it. there are sharp edges on the dinning chair my child got scratch and it wasn't just a simple one it was a deep wound kept bleeding. The chairs have as I investigate chairs have sharp points nails or staple sticking out and it hurts to the touch. having issues with draining system!!
- che delrosarii, California

2017-07-13 2017 Keystone Montana 3921FB View Listings

Horrible Quality! A/C does not work. Replaced one right off the lot and had a 3rd AC INSTALLED. We are rolling in sweat as I speak. We have the Legacy Package which is an upgrade and 4 Seasons omg. We are so disappointed. It's been in for repairs more than we've used it in the last 4 months. We are so regretting this purchase. MONTANA is not the quality RV it use to be in years past. BUYER BEWARE!!!
- Reid, Tennessee

2017-06-16 2017 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

Bought this RV, took it out for the first time in June. The front AC unit blows hot air and has water building up inside of it. The stairs feel like the heater is on beneath them. So in the kitchen it's probably 100+ degrees. The rear unit is set to 55 degrees and barely blows cold air. Needless to say this has been a miserable trip.Lost a fender off one of the slide outs while driving down, was missing two screws. Fan was missing screws also on one blade, so was dragging and wouldn't work. Wooden piece in kitchen was off when we opened the slide outs. Another major negative is you can't get in the unit with the slides closed. The bedroom door piece that keeps it on the track is broke. So much for spending 60k+ on a nice LOOKING RV! Very poorly built!
- Julie Jones, Texas

2017-05-29 2017 Keystone Montana 3711FL View Listings

Water leak true the ac vents I this have the rv for two weeks. I guess is a recall in this rvs dealer known about it and they don't fixed or a least told me about it when I whent back they said I need contact kestone
- Oliver Guyton, Florida

2017-05-18 2017 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

We have had nothing but problems with this unit and the company When we bought the unit our air conditioner would not work, they attempted to repair the air conditioner and since then every time it rains large amounts of water come in through the intake vents ruining walls, mattress, floors. They attempted to fix this problem six separate times unsuccessfully. The unit still leaks. We are now in the middle of a lawsuit with both companies and they will not take responsibility for making and selling a poorly constructed unit. A complete nightmare. Do not buy a Keystone product, they stand behind nothing.
- Jessica Maxwell, Washington