2017 Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (15)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2017 Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

jerry smith from Oklahoma says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

Recently we bought a Cougar rv by Keystone(Thor mfg). We could not get the air conditioner to cool the coach more than a couple degrees below the outside temperature. The dealer we bought the coach from "bent over backwards" try to remedy the problem but was unable to solve the problem. Keystone was not willing to help solve the problem. Our dealer was out some expense for parts(Keystone will not reimburse them for those parts and told us to park it in the shade then terminated our conversation. It is now my mission to mount a sign on the back of the coach warning people to not purchase one of these coaches.
- jerry smith, Oklahoma

2021-04-07 2017 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

So far every fan including the stove, a.c. fan quit working.I've only had it a year and a half. They are made so cheap, but they sure do cost a bundle. So do the replacement parts. I'm so disappointed with the quality. I wouldn't buy another.
- Judie Burnette, California

2021-01-16 2017 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

The floor plan is the best I have experienced. We have never had any issues since buying it. The heat and A/C are very well designed to keep you very comfortable. Everything is in like new condition and works as it should. Nonsmokers, no bunks.
- Mike Wickens, New York

2020-06-23 2017 Keystone Cougar 326RDS View Listings

From day one we had bad experiences. We were missing a lens from one of the ceiling lights, the DVD player was faulty (and not Blu-Tooth) the ceiling molding was warped and had to be replace, a side molding on one of the sliders fell off, several of the storage doors underneath wouldn't open and had to be pried open, the outside light under the bedroom wouldn't work (still doesn't) and I could go on and on especially on the defective leaf spring holder which caused a nightmare of issues including fighting to get them to repair it under warrantee while on the road but..... We are now experiencing premature wear of the "theater seat". I contacted Camping world and we had purchased the extended warrantee on the fabric and furniture. What a disappointment that is. They will not replace the furniture, but instead contract with a "guy" who will repair it with a $200.00 limit on repair costs. AND "It won't be perfect, but that's the best we can do". The biggest fiasco though has to be Marcus Lemonis and his infamous quote, "If you're not happy, I'm not happy". He is so out of touch with his customer base. He has no idea (or, maybe he does) the dis-satisfaction of his customers and how poor of a product he is selling and how lousy the warrantees are on most of what his company offers. On that I will finish by saying.... Look long and hard before buying a camping world product. There are many other products out there. Research before buying. I will not be RV buying from Camping World again.
- Stephen Mazerolle, Florida

2019-11-17 2017 Keystone Cougar 25RES View Listings

Great floor plan with dedicated living room. Large shower and bedroom Tows great with 2500 Cummins, barely even know it’s there. Tracks great in high winds and when passing big rigs. Tons of storage underneath and inside the coach Overall quality is decent for this price range. No major issues just being picky. They could take a little more time with some things to clean up the finished product. I’d buy it again, no regrets.
- Ralph Casiello, California

2019-06-23 2017 Keystone Cougar 327RLK View Listings

it look so nice when new but next day every thing starts to fall apart, it is the lowest quality in the market and very expensive for what you get, wood? it is just paper and peels off... no isolation at all...floor? it's falling apart too, pipes overflow? don'the exist, slides out? bottom floor detached... every part of it is very low, poor quality. insurance do not cover for anything and of course neither the manufacturer... we are stock with it due to quality.
- Patricia Brewster, Florida

2019-04-20 2017 Keystone Cougar 341rki View Listings

This unit was a complete nightmare. Had 23 things go wrong with it 10 of which were under warranty. It has been a complete nightmare & a very large money pit. I will never personally buy another Keystone product in my life. It’s a shame you can’t get any kind of quality out of a $60,000 unit. What a shame😡
- Mike Dobromil , Michigan

2018-08-21 2017 Keystone Cougar 326RDS View Listings

This is the 7th RV that I have owned and this is the first Keystone I have ever owned and it is the worst the workmanship is sad I could go on and on with whats wrong with it but I don't have time it's junk it's falling apart I'm sorry I got it I have had 7 water leaks alone and you can't get any help
- Brad Schaft, Michigan

2018-05-16 2017 Keystone Cougar 327RLK View Listings

Feel very poor quality. Awning secured in wrong place, instead of to plates behind the shell, was secured to shell of rv, broke right away. Thermostat switches to heat or air just by walking by it, all door latches on outside wrong size, when driving down road all came open, door hinges attached wrong, door broke. Keystone is fixing issues, but very poor work. 35,000 shouldn't have these types of problems, camper has been in shop for almost 3 months now. very disappointed in employees that threw it together with no regard to safety.
- Peggy Dunaway, Florida

2018-05-16 2017 Keystone Cougar 327RLK View Listings

- Peggy Dunaway, Florida

2018-05-07 2017 Keystone Cougar 243RKS View Listings

I really do love this 5th wheel. Easy to tow. Feather lite. And the set up is really easy. The remote makes everything easy. Leveling is simple. I can do it by myself. An the mirror on the front of the trailer makes backing in the hook up so simple.
- Mary engelman, California

2018-03-13 2017 Keystone Cougar 283RET View Listings

Abysmal quality. When I bought it, outwardly seemed to be slick. One year in slides are non functional due to factory defects. Keystone says they will pay for half of their poor workmanship. Had it into dealer under warranty to fix peeling seams,fixed some (not all) that have peeled again. Slide seal split. Fresno dealer is non responsive, getting calls returned in an acceptable time frame, probably better odds of meeting the Pope. If you are offered a Keystone for free, run like the wind. This rig has never been to a park. All this mess happened parked at my home with 50 miles on the tires.
- Ed Page, California

2017-12-26 2017 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

I bought the trailer in June 2017 and it was in the shop for most of the summer with numerous things falling apart and or breaking. Parts are ordered to be replaced when I get home. Now I am in Arizona with it and one of the valance and blind fell off the wall. I had to repair it myself and now the backsplash behind the stove fell off-the-wall it has to be replaced for it is damaged. The stove front burner fell apart. The dinette is loose off the floor for the fifth time since buying it. My wife and I are discussed with all the problems. Wish we could get our money back. But there are no lemon laws in Canada.
- Peter Niittynen , Ontario

2017-07-27 2017 Keystone Cougar 283RETWE View Listings

the quality of this trailer was abysmal many interior panels and the decorative panels on slide came losses after a year some sooner. the step to top was spongy when removed one of the boards was in two pieces bark ran between them. now at two years the molding between front cap and roof came lose.
- leslie g brooks, Oregon

2017-04-26 2017 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

We are very pleased with the dealer. They were very helpful and made our purchase easy. There was a chip in the counter top by the sink. The dealer tried to get Keystone to fix it, but Keystone said it was dealers fault. If they will not take of minor things, what will happen with a major issue? The dealer is great. I will purchase another brand from them.
- Darrell Smith, Iowa