2016 Winnebago Trend 23L Class C RVs Reviews (2)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Winnebago Trend 23L Class C RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

David from West Virginia says:

Have you owned any 2016 Winnebago Trend 23L Class C RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Winnebago Trend 23L View Listings

I am having a love/hate relationship with this RV. For the most part, I have been pleased with the quality of the unit. The exceptions being the incredibly noisy brakes on the Promaster chassis, the fact the LED lights are dying after only a couple of months of heavy use (I hear this is a typical Winnebago issue), the water inlet that split after one year that I replaced with what looks like a sturdier unit from Camping World, the broken radio that is being replaced under warranty, and the minimal issues with things coming unglued and screws backing out. I hope to find replacements for the Winnebago LEDs that require the entire light fixture to be replaced. The coach travels well...tracks well and steers easily. It is a bit underpowered on some of the steeper roads in the mountains, but that is overcome by manually putting the transmission into fourth gear and keeping the RPMs in the peak torque range of about 4000 RPMs. It is sometimes a pleasure to drive with great visibility and decent acceleration on flat terrain for being a 6 cylinder gas engine. I find it sufficiently comfortable for two people to travel in for extended periods of time, and it is a breeze to level and set up/break down when arriving and leaving campsites. Major issues: Acceptable tires are only made by Continental and are sometimes difficult to get. There is no spare on the coach, and even if you get road service to help, the chances of them having a spare that is rated for the vehicle is slim. I know this because I had a flat on the interstate and had to limp home on a light truck tire before being able to order a new one and a spare from tire rack. Now I carry an unmounted spare on a bicycle rack on the back. Most Chrysler dealers will not work on the Promaster chassis, and some will actually sit there and bad mouth the vehicle. I think this is a Ram issue (I am not real impressed with the way they've handled getting their dealerships on the same page after the Fiat merger). I have to travel 195 miles to have any warrany work or service done by a dealership.
- David, West Virginia

2017-03-19 2016 Winnebago Trend 23L View Listings

The Trend drives like a champ. The acceleration, braking, and handling are impressive. Its nimble size allows me to drive it just about anywhere. It sleeps my family of five comfortably but not having a slide means tight quarters for daytime living; forces everyone to go out and about. Winnebago has been great about fixing the numerous issues within the first year. The loft bed broke within the first three months, led lights failed, center stack gauges failed, swivel seat broke, and exterior paint started to peel. Despite these issues I am happy with this nimble RV and the adventures it takes us on.
- AJ , Florida