2016 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W Class C Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W Class C RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Duane R from Wisconsin says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

We purchased this RV in March 2016 and it has been of decent quality. A few small problems I fixed myself at first. Electric on water heater didn't work, ground wire loose. USB charging station wired backwards. A few trips in, the rear camera stopped working do to pinched wire under dash. I ordered a $20 cable and fixed it myself, the dealer said I would have to bring it in and they would look at it in a few weeks then I would probably have to wait a few more weeks for parts, it took me 2 hrs to run the cable myself but it was better than waiting. So far I would say it hasn't been to bad of a motorhome, nice floorplan for a class C. It has a built in litterbox by steps for our cats. Between that, the full size residential fridge, self leveling and tons of storage are the reasons we bought it. We have Camped 13 weekends already this summer and all else has been good.
- Duane R, Wisconsin

2019-03-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

Purchased a brand new 2016 Thor 31W Chateau Class C motorhome from in Dothan, AL. I was living in SW Georgia at the time, 40 miles southeast of Dothan. During the first six months, I chalked up slightly more miles than 400 miles driving the vehicle back to the dealership for repairs and equipment adjustments; more than actual miles on the road using it. The first problems centered around the automatic levelers - two trips. There was not anything mechanically wrong with the levelers, they were not properly programed. One could argue this was the fault of the selling agent. Next came one trip concerning the roof vent leaking in the bedroom. The dealer said they could not find anything that was causing it. There was one other incident of a roof vent leaking while driving the vehicle during a heavy rain storm, but I feel this was caused by the excessive amount of water accumulating on the roof and the speed of the vehicle, forcing the water upward into the vent cover. Having owned a Class A pusher I used for a trade in, I knew to install vent covers over all of the roof vents to prevent the leaking from happening again. Next came the windows. After driving the vehicle to a campsite while it was raining, my wife notice water on the window sill of the window behind the jack-knife sofa. During our return trip home, she sat on the sofa and noticed that the window did not stay tight against the outside of the RV while driving over 50 mph. After taking the vehicle back to the dealer, a camping World employee sat in the seat and videotaped the window during a test drive. Verifying that the window did open at the high rate of speed of 50 mph, the tape was sent to Thor and a replacement window was supplied, installed by the selling agent. It took more than a month to receive the replacement window. Concerned that the design of the window was a problem, we checked out the window next to the dinette and noticed that it also was not staying tight after the vehicle reached more than 50 mph. This window also was eventually replaced by Thor and installed by the selling agent. However, both replacement windows continued to leak while driving in the rain. I eventually had to permanently seal them. The next problem involved the shower, which was leaking into the main coach area because the shower was not properly sealed during installation. Camping World verified the leak and sealed the shower, but I ended up having to reseal it myself. The final problem involved a horizontal wall strip on the back wall of the motorhome. The strip is used to cover the wall paneling and an upper portion of wall covering. The strip is glued to the Styrofoam cover. This area of the motorhome gets hot during the summer from the sun and the glue dries. The strip then falls off. I ended up having to purchase small screws the same color of the strips and used them to attach the strip of the upper molding. There were actually three other problems with the RV. The vehicle's dash air conditioner needed a replacement part and there was a problem with the driver’s seatbelt cover. Both were quickly repaired by the local Dothan vehicle dealer. The final problem involved the motor for the awning, which had to be replaced soon after the one-year Thor warranty expired. I feel that these last three problems was not directly attributable to Thor. Although I have not had any problems during the past two years with the RV, I honestly could not recommend the company. I feel that Thor’s quality assurance people are its customers.
- William White, Maine

2015-11-15 2016 Thor Motor Coach Chateau 31W View Listings

Purchased this 2016 31W from camping world of Jacksonville, Florida. My wife and I love the floor plan with the overhead bunk as we travel with our granddaughter. The quality and materials in this coach we found to be above other class C models we had looked at purchasing. So far we are very pleased and satisfied with our Thor 2016 31W. This is a very comfortable driving and handling coach, you don't feel like you're fighting the wheel as you do in several other coaches.
- Barry D., Georgia