2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis Class A - Gas

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Roger Alton from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I bought a 2020 Thor Axis 24.1 on 1/3/20. Because of problems at RV One Dealership in Casselberry, FL I did not take possession of the RV until 3/21/20. I have been trying to get this brand new RV fixed since May of 2020. I paid over $94,000 by the time I got out of that terrible RV One Dealership. Absolutely nothing has been done other than a breaker switch being reset. I haven't even been able to use the vehicle yet because of all the problems. Two of the major problems are that the generator ran for twenty minutes and quit. I took it to RV One and they couldn't fix it so I had to find another place. They found that a brand new Cummins Onan generator with 0.7 hours run time has a bad fuel pump. What makes it worse is that the fuel pump is on backorder with none to be found in the world. More than likely there should be a recall on this certain generator because probably there are many with defective fuel pumps. The second major problem with this RV is an electrical problem that completely drains the house batteries. RV One said it was just a breaker switch and reset. When I picked it up the first time they not only to reset a breaker switch but also had to replace a fuse. Fuses don't blow and breaker switches don't pop just because they feel like it. So henceforth there's an electrical problem somewhere. There are many other problems with this RV: Broken license plate light housing from aggressive installation at the factory. Missing screen on front passenger side which they apparently can't get. Lining on the front curtain disintegrated from regular sunshine. Sink cover sticks and breaks apart when opened. Drawer latches and tabletop holders broken. The bedroom divider won't close. And when I drove over fifty miles one way from Ormond Beach, FL to Orlando an end cap fell off the awning. Two days later when I was driving to Daytona to try and get the generator fixed the edges on the shelves of the kitchen cabinet fell off. Mind you now, I haven't even had a chance to use this RV and it will be out of warranty in four months. My advice for everyone considering buying an RV is to not even look at a Thor product.
- Roger Alton, Florida

2021-06-15 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

I like to think of my RV like a class A sports car. It looks but most importantly drives like a dream. I pull my 2017 Ram 4x4 and with the triton 10 E450 Chassis don't even know it's tracking behind even through the mountains. The only complaint is the quality of the side mirrors. One operates intermittently and both have a sub standard coating of chrome. Overall, I would recommend this to just about everyone.
- Rick Burgess, Florida

2021-02-27 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

Perfect size for two of us. Some issues with craftsmanship. Left front plastic cover for window post trimmed to short down window side. No big deal for us but think quality control is bad. Got 2 years on all batteries, better than I expected. Poorest location for chassis battery ever, taking dash apart and getting it in and out a real pain. I moved it down to right front storage compartment.no other issues at this time after 4 years and 60,000 miles. Did install rear ac unit as one don't cut it after 90 degrees and high humidity. Road walked a lot at first, so had it aligned at Ford at 100 miles. Drives solid now and has not changed. Camper world sucks big, but Thor service techs do a great job guiding you through any issues. Had a few tech issues but with their help fixed myself in few minutes or less for all of them. Good value for the money, happy campers.
- Michael Cowen, Arkansas

2019-06-24 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

This is a sweet little RV, great for up to 5 travelers. I found it super easy to drive, it maneuvers great, easy to back up, easy to park! Everything included for hook-ups, and also included is full canvas cover for storage when not in use. Has 3 TVs, 2 inside, one outside for tailgating or family movie night. It’s a perfect way to tow the boat to the lake and spend weekends camping and fishing!
- Dianne Binion, Kentucky

2019-02-28 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

The Thor AXIS 24.1 is perfect for the people who want the convenience of an rv for travel, but don't want to spend all their time hanging out in. Driveability, towability and view are great, but this rv is built to get you to your destination comfortably and then get out and explore your surroundings. When you park, run the slide out and you've got plenty of room for meals and conversation. This rv is only 6' longer than a GMC Yukon XL and 3' longer than an F350 crew cab long bed.I parallel parked this rig in downtown Manhattan AND my wife doesn't mind driving it...talk about convenience.
- Mike, Indiana

2019-01-28 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

I bought a Thor axis 25.2 new in March of 2016. we really love it. It's small enough yet big enough to handle what we want. Every time I've called Thor they have bent over backwards to help me. My latest call was to a guy named Gail in parts. Cannot say enough good about this guy he knows what he's doing and that is very good in this day and time.
- Steve Hipps, South Carolina

2018-12-16 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

Easy to drive and hook up. Plenty of towing capability for a dingy. Luxury at a low price. Fits into almost any RV site. Sleeps 6, but best for couple or couple with two children. Loved the camping experience with the Axis.
- Bob Richardson, Florida

2018-02-14 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 25.2 View Listings

Purchased from dealer. Worst dealer for service, called when coach batteries were dead, no follow up call from them. Lucky I was still in my yard. Live 5 hrs, 1 way from dealer. They wanted us to drive to their dealership to inspect first. Verify then make appointment for repairs. Told Thor policy... called Thor who said that was dealer policy not theirs... problems with battery draining, had to purchase battery trickle charger for cabin battery. Entry door sticks. Highly recommend buying extended warranty when buying any motor home.. been looking at other coaches, they all have issues. I will stay with my 2016 25.2 Axis, only because because I have to much invested to buy another one. Still early I only have 5000 miles on it. Wish it had leveling jacks and more storage. Average 10mpg pulling 2017 Honda HR-V, manual transmission so we can flat tow. While early I don’t regret buying this coach .... “. YET. “.... purchased cover from ADCO who went to dealer and hand measured my Axis for custom fit.... I have had good response from Thor when needing answered to questions.
- Tom, Oregon

2017-07-13 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

We bought our Axis new January 2016. We find the floorplan perfect for the 2 of us. The shower is a bit small, but manageable..with the dual bathroom doors opening to create a good size bathroom. W.e have made a few minor modifications to our personal preference. We are very happy with our Axis
- Virginia Beaman, Kansas

2017-05-02 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

This rv is the best thing going in travel. Super easy to drive. Quiet. Maneuverable. Excellent size. Everywhere we stop... People approach us and ask us what kind of rv is it... They often state that they are soooo tired of their big rv - they want something smaller. This is it. Smaller than the big rv - but - all the features and luxury and storage! This rv is the is the only one buy!
- Surf Man, Washington

2017-05-02 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

THIS RV IS THE BEST THING GOING IN TRAVEL. SUPER EASY TO DRIVE. QUIET. MANEUVERABLE. EXCELLENT SIZE. EVERYWHERE WE STOP...PEOPLE APPROACH US AND ASK US WHAT KIND OF RV IS IT...THEY OFTEN STATE THAT THEY ARE SOOOO TIRED OF THEIR BIG RV - THEY WANT SOMETHING SMALLER. THIS IS IT. SMALLER THAN THE BIG RV - BUT - ALL THE FEATURES AND LUXURY AND STORAGE! THIS RV IS THE IS THE ONLY ONE BUY!
- Surf Man, Washington

2017-01-27 2016 Thor Motor Coach Axis 24.1 View Listings

Poor workmanship Crome pitting doors worth dealer fix one thing brake another No help from Thor manufacturing co you bye it you are done repairs took 7 months cannot use it for 6 months one year and garante is over Not Worth it don't bye it it's crap
- Paul, Florida