2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (2)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

John Elliott from South Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse View Listings

We have had the unit for about 21 months and have put about 11,000 miles since May 2016. Haven’t had any real problems but the quality control is somewhat of an issue. When I first looked over the unit one of the wiper blades was not tightened and also one of the latches for the engine access panel was almost ready to fall off. Most of the screws holding the drip guard above the door where broken and the edge of the drip guard would catch the door. One of the doors on the closet in the bed room is warped. The shower leaked along the bottom. I fixed all of these issues with a little caulk and by tightening some screws. Put some lock-tight (blue) on the engine door latch because I would hate to lose that. The back-up camera works most of the time but is placed to low and is not bright enough to be useful midday, especially for the side cameras. Had the original unit replaced with an upgraded model from the same company but not much better. It drives somewhat better than our 2003 Ford F-250 but it still wandered more than I liked. Installed a Tru-Center which helps especially with cross winds. Drove through an absolute downpour with no leaks in fact the only time we have noticed water inside is after the air conditioner froze up. Driver and passenger seats are okay but I’ m thinking of replacing. The passenger seat is too high. My wife is 5’8 and she can’t reach the floor. I made a platform which made it more comfortable. Disappointed that the overhead bed is only rated for 250 pounds. It is the only bed my 6’5 son can sleep on and he comes close to the limit. Overall we are very happy with this motor home.
- John Elliott, South Carolina

2018-05-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse View Listings

Bought our ACE 2016 new in 2017. I love the way it drives and I pull a 21 foot 4 horse trailer loaded and I can't even tell it's back there it tows so well. But we have had some issues. We did by the extended warranty but found out it does not cover glass! I do the driving and my slide window has never slid well and when closing it I accidently pulled the frame off and of course Campland said the only fix is a new window $1400. The window behind the couch has issues too which apparently can't be fixed either. Over all though so far it's been a pretty nice unit. My husband checks screws etc that can vibrate loose and sprays the rails the slide slides in and out on to help keep that working.
- Carol Neal, Indiana