2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 Class A - Gas Reviews on RV Insider (12)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Mike and Diane Langenfus from Montana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

We had a few problems right off the lot. On first trip AC unit did not blow cold air. Fan in back must have been haunted would turn itself on and off at will. First hard rain windshield leaked allover dash. Outside speaker would turn off everytime door opened or closed.Drivers seay saf at slight tilt making it impossible for hubby to go more than two hours before back killing him. Awning went straight out perpendicular to coach so no shade unless sun directly overhead. Dealer had no idea how to angle it had to show him myself. Tv inbedroom did not work. One of the dinette bench seats had been pulled straight out before we bought, had been telling service dept every time we had it in...no fix. Got tored of run around so when Thor sent a review sheet to us..... I told them how unhappy and felt like we had bough used motor home. Took a few months but Thor contacted me and dealership and had everything replaced or fixed. We love our coach and this summer we will try towing and hope nothing else goes wrong with it.
- Mike and Diane Langenfus, Montana

2020-11-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

What ever you do do not buy Thor Ace motorhome. In 2016 I bought one and three years later every piece of furniture inside of it is peeling. I called several times the only response I have gotten was I can buy covers for the furniture. They do not stand behind their product. It is a disgrace If I could give them a zero I would
- Michelle Hirt, Florida

2020-09-14 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Just purchased a 2016 Thor Majestic 28A from Cruise America in Kissimmee Florida. A rental fleet unit with a refurbishment process and it was fully equiped and tested. Great price point for an entry level motorcoach. What really made me feel this was a great way to go was the response I received when I experienced a problem on our first journey two weeks after our purchase. I contacted the sales rep I had dealt with, Jason. He asked a couple of questions and asked if I could be at his location the next morning. The next morning I arrived at 9am and 10am I was back on the road... no cost just great service and bear in mind, this was not a power train issue which is the only warrantied system with the sale. Jason or his manager could'a reminded me that I declined purchasing any of the extended warranties but instead what I got was great service... and the review is supposed the be about the motorcoach. It's great and we're really happy with it. A great unit to start with.
- Vic, Florida

2020-07-10 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Need A RV With A 4 or 5 Bedroom With 2Bathrooms With Tables Chairs And Body Room For Me And Kids And My Mom And Also To Eat And Take A Bathes And Trip From State To State All Over The World And To Have A Place To Stay And Sleep At I Love To Travel With My Family All Of The Time When The Wheather Is Safe
- Jacquelyn Battles, Georgia

2020-07-08 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

Everything in this vehicle has gone wrong. The shades r know falling apart. Awful from day one nothing but problems with this coach. It even leaked and I have had it service with camping world. Don’t get me started with them. Awful.
- Woody dunn, North Carolina

2020-06-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

We recently purchased this coach but were unable to use it due to Covid,so this is our first outing. This is a beast we have not found anything we don't like about it. Great kitchen, lots of storage, easy self leveling, engine power supurb, we drove to la junta CO in some pretty serious wind for 30 miles it performed as expected, this is our 4th coach the other 3 were class C my last being a holiday rambler augusta, this beats that hands down for comfort , convenience, and power. Great job Thor for providing our last ever motor coach.
- Darwin Barrie, Colorado

2019-12-05 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

So disappointed in Thor , our seats are peeling the two captains seats the sofa the dinette cushions and bats faulty material has been used and our coach, call the manufacture spoke to Diana it’s been over a month and no response still no action is nothing this is disgusting We paid way too much for our RV to have this faulty material and it only my husband and I have been in it and we take very good care of our Rv , so disappointed , And can’t get anyone to do anything about it!
- Donna Ahlborn , Texas

2019-03-19 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

We started out with a 24 ST Thor Citation and loved the gas milage and drivability but couldn't live with the lack of storage or the awkward, cramped floor plan! The ACE has abundant storage, roomy floor plan and is still drivable. The best of both worlds. We haven't needed factory support with the ACE, but got excellent support from Thor when we needed it with the Citation.
- Jim and Sue, Arizona

2019-01-02 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

The floor plan is great and a lot of extras The quality is terrible! It is very poorly made and we have had to make a lot of repairs Very sad that they designed a wonderful motor home but made it with cheap parts.
- Kathy bredland, North Carolina

2018-12-18 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

We have owned, driven and used this coach for 3 years and have been very satisfied with it. We especially appreciate the abundant storage both inside and out! When the living area poppet is extended there is enough space to move around freely and we often joked that we could have a dance on it. The car towed with ease. We had no need for manufacturer warranty or support, but we had had a smaller Thor before this model and they were very fair with us on it.
- Jim Martens, Arizona

2018-09-08 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

we travelled in Thor ACE across the US for 4 months. we enjoyed our trip and the comfort was very good with more than enough space for 2 adults. the price category reflects the lower score on quality and driving. if we were to purchase another RV for full-time or for long trips, we would consider a larger diesel powered one. for shorter trips, this one is an excellent choice.
- Martina, Florida

2017-12-21 2016 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.1 View Listings

We were really impressed by the looks and layout of this unit. It made the most since to us. We loved that you could lower the overhead bunk and still drive. We loved that the TV was directly across from the sofa. Thor is doing great things and we are glad that we got to go along for the ride.
- Chris Woodard, California