2016 Prime Time Tracer Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with 2016 Prime Time Tracer Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

T. Henry from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Prime Time Tracer 2750RBS View Listings

Understanding that there may be minor issues during manufacturing, our shake down cruise revealed issues like; inverter failure, city water hookup leaking, bathroom door unable to close, hot water tank indicator light not working, cargo doors warped, and some other smaller issues. Those items were repaired by the dealer. The second trip in June 2016 the roof bubbled up, could disconnect external shower hose, shower door bracket came loose and broke, and we noticed where fasteners that held panels in place the filler would be smeared and uneven, external NatGas hookup full of pipe sealer, external water drain pipe connection leaked, wheel skirt cracked at screws...all of which the dealer repaired without consternation. The design and equipment of the RV is very good, the quality of the workmanship of assembly is at best shotty. Its unfortunate, PrimeTime could improve their approach to QA to support an attractive and well design RV. I hate to see what could easily be a great product go to waste.
- T. Henry, Michigan

2019-02-25 2016 Prime Time Tracer 3175RSD View Listings

We purchased this RV new in March 2016 from RV Kountry, North Fort Meyers, FL. Being snowbirds, we only use it for 5 months a year and it has always been kept in Florida. The fabric on the couch and loveseat are made with a bonded fabric that looks like leather. It has peeled apart and looks terrible. After sending pictures and contacting RV Kountry, they contacted the manufacturer. Prime Time manufacturing said that it was just normal wear and tear and would not do anything about it. We had only lived in this RV for a total of 12 months. Obviously, they stock their Tracer RV with garbage furniture and don’t stand behind their product.
- Sherman Stringham, Florida

2017-07-15 2016 Prime Time Tracer 235AIR View Listings

Falling apart already. Nail working it's way through the roof. Cabneit door came apart. Gas line to the BBQ does not work from the git go. Ya take it back to get fixed. Out of town working all the time. Not that easy. The dealier. I got it from general rv said they do not warrenty it prime time does. What does that mean. My one year is up. Paid way to much for it. I got robbed.its just like any Rv. I would get the least expensive rv. The hype is just that. No more prime time tracer for me.
- Randy Varga, Michigan

2017-06-15 2016 Prime Time Tracer 3175RSD View Listings

This RV is a piece of crap, and the manufacturer doesn't care, has horrific customer service, and won't honor its warranty. It came new with several defects, including the staples that hold the rug down that weren't in all the way (at least a 3rd weren't in properly). First, I cut my foot on them, then my dog did. When I told Prime Time about this they said "oh, that happens all the time. That's common." What?!?!?! I was dumb-founded. Their quality control is that bad, they know it, and just say "yeah, we know, oh well, too bad"? The sound system didn't work, the sky light leaked, the panel under the shower was cracked, etc. Then, the *very first time* we take it on the road, after locking everything, I go over a bump (granted, a big bump) on the interstate and the side door where the outdoor kitchen is flies open, then flies off, in the middle of I-95 in a rain storm at 70 mph. I'm so lucky it didn't kill anybody, and easily could: it's a very big door. But, they won't cover it under the warranty. The total cost of the repairs was going to be $1,600. This company makes tens of million dollars a year (4 of the same rv's were sold *the same day* we bought ours, and that's just at one dealership), and they won't cover this? We bought it *brand new*. I even tried making a deal with them, that I'd go through my auto insurance, which would increase my rates, but I'd be okay with that if they paid my $500 deductible. They again said "no, it's not our problem." And we paid $42,000 for this junk heap? Bottom line: run away from all their products. Not only are they pieces of junk and poorly assembled, it appears the manufacturer knows this and doesn't seem to care.
- Steve, Massachusetts

2016-11-03 2016 Prime Time Tracer 235AIR View Listings

My husband and I purchased our Tracer Air last year, it is a 2016 model and we love it!!! All of our friends say it has the most room, counter space and storage space they have ever seen in a 26' RV!! We love it, it has everything we wanted in a trailer, along with great tracking when we tow it. We had a few problems at first but the dealer fixed them immediately.
- Deborah Alarcon, California